• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Want to get a banner into the adspace for yourself? Submissions for new banners are open until September 30th!
  • The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • This month's feature has an ANIMATED TRAILER and a backpack shaped like a spheal, what more could you ask for? Read Endurance: In Our Blood by purplechug!
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • Check out the Nuzlocke Forums Fundraiser 2022 to see how you can help support the forums, earn new badges, and more! Goal: $310/$1500
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Mod Suggestion Featurer Suggestion Minor Suggestions Thread

Extravanganza Accordian Demo

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
I noticed today that the default tool to change font size gives:
[FONTSIZE=][/FONTSIZE]
I'm not sure if this can be changed, but maybe it would be better to have it give:
[FONTSIZE=px][/FONTSIZE]

The reason being, to inexperienced forum users, they may not realize that they need to specify px.

• eyes
Reactions: Bug

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
I noticed today that the default tool to change font size gives:
[FONTSIZE=][/FONTSIZE]
I'm not sure if this can be changed, but maybe it would be better to have it give:
[FONTSIZE=px][/FONTSIZE]

The reason being, to inexperienced forum users, they may not realize that they need to specify px.
I asked about this to see if the text replacement can be done to add px into the code, however it looks like at this time there is not a way that we know of. Enabling both this option and a different font scaling option, or disabling the old option for a new one is also not an available choice, since it will break old posts.

For now, I have added to mouse-over tool-tip to elaborate to add the px, since I assume most users are using desktop to do their big posts still, and that may help alleviate some confusion.

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/She
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
This might already be fixed, but I noticed a typo on the Alpha letter thingy. It’s been a while, so maybe someone else noticed it.

• Pleading

Pikaboo

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2022
Nature
Timid
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
I don't know if this would necessarily be a "minor" suggestion as far as the backend tech goes, but, can we get an option to see all threads started by a user in their user profile?

Some people have a long series of Nuzlockes but don't have the list of link in their signature, so it'd be nice to be able to find the threads in their user profile. (Also applies to ROM Hacks and stuff like that).

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
I don't know if this would necessarily be a "minor" suggestion as far as the backend tech goes, but, can we get an option to see all threads started by a user in their user profile?

Some people have a long series of Nuzlockes but don't have the list of link in their signature, so it'd be nice to be able to find the threads in their user profile. (Also applies to ROM Hacks and stuff like that).
Just to verify, are you able to see the button that says 'Find' on your profile, or is that just me? If it's a mod-only feature I can absolutely get it unlocked.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
I know I’m able to see it! It would be nice if it were possible to make it a bit more inconvenient to find, though

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
I know I’m able to see it! It would be nice if it were possible to make it a bit more inconvenient to find, though
Absolutely of the same mind here. Good news is: if the data already exists, I can probably finagle something on my own. Maybe.

The easiest solution here is changing the phrase from 'Find' to something more obvious. Any and all suggestions welcome, I really appreciate it.

Rubombee

Moth · the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
i'm sorry i lied i do eat baguette sometimes
The easiest solution here is changing the phrase from 'Find' to something more obvious. Any and all suggestions welcome, I really appreciate it.
Maybe something like "Search for messages by/from this member"? Or making it into two buttons with the fully spelled out options from the dropdown menu (basically getting rid of the latter).

idk if it helps but I know on LV it's spelled out fully a bit lower into the About section
IMG_3100.png

Pikaboo

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2022
Nature
Timid
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Just to verify, are you able to see the button that says 'Find' on your profile, or is that just me? If it's a mod-only feature I can absolutely get it unlocked.
Oh, I can see it, yeah.

I just didn't realize it would do what I was thinking of.

Yeah, I guess "Find" isn't the most intuitive name for that ... although to be fair, I'm not entirely sure what would be better. I guess taking it out of the dropdown would probably be better if it's possible?

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
Oh, I can see it, yeah.

I just didn't realize it would do what I was thinking of.

Yeah, I guess "Find" isn't the most intuitive name for that ... although to be fair, I'm not entirely sure what would be better. I guess taking it out of the dropdown would probably be better if it's possible?
Taking a poke around, I'm not familiar enough with the templates to unfurl the menu, but I did change it from 'Find' to 'Content/Threads' for now. It shouldn't effect any other phrases on the site, but if anyone sees a stray 'content/threads' button where it shouldn't be, just let me know.

Woolly

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 10, 2021
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Poison
(Let me know if this warrants its own thread.) Has anyone put thought into a print publication for Nuzlocke stories and comics? There could be a submission process, etc.

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
(Let me know if this warrants its own thread.) Has anyone put thought into a print publication for Nuzlocke stories and comics? There could be a submission process, etc.
If there was interest in running a zine, Creative Content would be the best place to organize it. While I'd love to see one happen, and I think the forum has talent in abundance, a zine takes a certain kind of organizational skill, experience, and time among a host of people with a shared interest. (A big emphasis on responsibility)

If it were to happen, it would need to be community led, not staff led.

Derogatory Trainer

The hero you don't need but you're getting anyway.
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
Pokédex Entry
The most humble and modest braggart you will ever meet.
This is a very minor suggestion but one I think a lot of people would like.
Please add the symbol for in-game Pokemon currency (Or the Pokeyen) somewhere in the toolbar. Maybe in the smilies section?
I have genuinely gotten so sick of writing Pokedollars, Pokeyen or some other variation when I could just put the symbol there without having to copy-pasting it from Google.
Okay thanks.

Harrie

Tech Team
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her & they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Talk softly and slowly so you don't scare this gentle creature.
This is a very minor suggestion but one I think a lot of people would like.
Please add the symbol for in-game Pokemon currency (Or the Pokeyen) somewhere in the toolbar. Maybe in the smilies section?
I have genuinely gotten so sick of writing Pokedollars, Pokeyen or some other variation when I could just put the symbol there without having to copy-pasting it from Google.
Okay thanks.

It is possible to write it using [GB]$[/GB], it will render like $!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
Here's one I'm surprised hasn't happened yet: add the critique level tags to the prefix system the way ratings and regions are in the prefix system. That would make it a lot easier to remember that they exist and that we can use them.

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
Here's one I'm surprised hasn't happened yet: add the critique level tags to the prefix system the way ratings and regions are in the prefix system. That would make it a lot easier to remember that they exist and that we can use them.
These should now be available in FCR and creative. Thanks for the suggestion!

Garnet

Onion Boy
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
Alright, dropping this here as per the discussion in the discord just now!

It was brought up that the tagging system (As well as long titles and descriptions - Not sure what we'd do wrt those, other than maybe putting descriptions in a read-more?), though useful, can make things a bit cluttered and overwhelming for some folks, especially in forums like FCR where people tend to use them liberally - If it's possible with our software, it might be worth looking into the possibility of collapsible tags/prefixes, with a toggleable option in the user settings to default to the current style or to have them hidden by default, to make things a little bit easier to navigate for folks who find them to be distracting!

My immediate thought was that, if collapsible tags are a possibility with our software, the # before the custom tags start could maybe be turned into a button that, when clicked, shows and hides the tags? Not sure about prefixes, but that might help with the occasional big bunches of tags. Or otherwise, if they can't be made collapsible, having a toggleable setting to choose to hide tags/prefixes outside of the threads themselves.

As I was typing this, the user in question also made a mockup of a forum with more space between runs, to help with the visual clutter, suggesting something like this along with a larger title font, which could be a worthwhile option as well. If either or both of these were added, it might be good to include an "accessibility options" section in Preferences with on/off toggles for each, like "Big thread titles", "Collapse/Hide tags", and "Larger thread gaps" - Maybe including the "Style" option in that section as well, since different color schemes like we have now are accessibility options in their own right :0

Anyway, not sure if this is Minor exactly, but I figured I'd drop these ideas here in case that's something that can be explored! If anyone has additional suggestions, definitely add on :d

Rubombee

Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
okay, I have a minor suggestion!
You see the badges (just one so far of course, but more are coming):
Screenshot_2022-09-01_at_11.26.39.png

Since it's pixel art, my suggestion would be to make all badges render with nicer, crisp pixels, like this moon ball for example:
Screenshot_2022-09-01_at_11.26.55.png

because. i think it looks better :D

I know it's possible with a CSS class like the first one on this page, because that's my page and it's how I did it after finding the solution on the internet, so hopefully it can work for here too?

Harrie

Tech Team
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her & they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Talk softly and slowly so you don't scare this gentle creature.
okay, I have a minor suggestion!
You see the badges (just one so far of course, but more are coming):
Screenshot_2022-09-01_at_11.26.39.png

Since it's pixel art, my suggestion would be to make all badges render with nicer, crisp pixels, like this moon ball for example:
Screenshot_2022-09-01_at_11.26.55.png

because. i think it looks better :D

I know it's possible with a CSS class like the first one on this page, because that's my page and it's how I did it after finding the solution on the internet, so hopefully it can work for here too?
Not to worry, the badge display and indeed the entire postbit is something I am currently working on overhauling :) (featured badges are placeholders)

2UhPR2l.png

I have not been in the best of health, so it was unfortunately not possible to complete this overhaul before we released the badge system with the Hidden Gems which also meant the fix for the image rendering did not get carried over here to the live site when they launched! I'll go ahead and implement that here now, and hopefully I'll be able to release the new postbit in the near future.

Alright, dropping this here as per the discussion in the discord just now!

It was brought up that the tagging system (As well as long titles and descriptions - Not sure what we'd do wrt those, other than maybe putting descriptions in a read-more?), though useful, can make things a bit cluttered and overwhelming for some folks, especially in forums like FCR where people tend to use them liberally - If it's possible with our software, it might be worth looking into the possibility of collapsible tags/prefixes, with a toggleable option in the user settings to default to the current style or to have them hidden by default, to make things a little bit easier to navigate for folks who find them to be distracting!

My immediate thought was that, if collapsible tags are a possibility with our software, the # before the custom tags start could maybe be turned into a button that, when clicked, shows and hides the tags? Not sure about prefixes, but that might help with the occasional big bunches of tags. Or otherwise, if they can't be made collapsible, having a toggleable setting to choose to hide tags/prefixes outside of the threads themselves.

As I was typing this, the user in question also made a mockup of a forum with more space between runs, to help with the visual clutter, suggesting something like this along with a larger title font, which could be a worthwhile option as well. If either or both of these were added, it might be good to include an "accessibility options" section in Preferences with on/off toggles for each, like "Big thread titles", "Collapse/Hide tags", and "Larger thread gaps" - Maybe including the "Style" option in that section as well, since different color schemes like we have now are accessibility options in their own right :0

Anyway, not sure if this is Minor exactly, but I figured I'd drop these ideas here in case that's something that can be explored! If anyone has additional suggestions, definitely add on :d
Thank you very much for the feedback!! As mentioned above I'm not in the best of health at the moment so it may be a while before I can address these, but certainly these are all suggestions that I am more than happy to implement and I will get to them when I can :)

Rubombee

Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
oh, that's funny- this thread specifically has the gem appear with nearest neighbor, but so far other threads i've checked don't..? :'D

Screenshot_2022-09-01_at_23.15.37.png

Users who are viewing this thread