• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Nine of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode contains a discussion segment on gjinka nuzlockes, as well as the continuations of all our fabulous featured stories.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Mod Suggestion Featurer Suggestion Minor Suggestions Thread

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
This might not actually be a minor suggestion but maybe it's simpler than I think it might be?

I was wondering if it was possible to make the comment/reply box draggable, to achieve an effect similar to this AO3 extension? (That example is more complicated than just being able to drag the box around the screen, but it's the best reference I have.) I'm assuming just dragging the box would leave the quote/reply functions intact, so it'd be easier to comment as you read. Otherwise you have to scroll up and down, or have a second tab open, or just wait until you finish reading to write your comment.

solaris127h

Totally not an AI
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 2, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
Would it be possible to have an alert option for only when the thread starter posts? It's a bit inconvenient to be alerted to a thread every time someone comments when I just want to know if OP updated their work/replies to comments.

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
This might not actually be a minor suggestion but maybe it's simpler than I think it might be?

I was wondering if it was possible to make the comment/reply box draggable, to achieve an effect similar to this AO3 extension? (That example is more complicated than just being able to drag the box around the screen, but it's the best reference I have.) I'm assuming just dragging the box would leave the quote/reply functions intact, so it'd be easier to comment as you read. Otherwise you have to scroll up and down, or have a second tab open, or just wait until you finish reading to write your comment.
I'll bring this to the team on Discord and see if it's something we can add easily or not.

Would it be possible to have an alert option for only when the thread starter posts? It's a bit inconvenient to be alerted to a thread every time someone comments when I just want to know if OP updated their work/replies to comments.
We wanted this, too. Unfortunately, the only decent option we found relies on a third party cloud service that costs almost twice what our entire server does each month. While it's not out of the realm of possibility, right now we just don't know of any reasonably priced tools that can make it happen.

EDIT: Actually, it was that the one option we *did* have had performance issues, and the *other one* was a very expensive service. Since we've switched servers the performance is better so we could try to re-evaluate, but no guarantees it behaves...

Last edited:

Harrie

Tech Team
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her & they/them
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Talk softly and slowly so you don't scare this gentle creature.

Not a minor suggestion per se, but I think it's one I can handle! I'll need to do some research to figure out the best way to do it, but creating a floating reply box should be feasible. I'll have a look into it when I can, and start figuring that out!

Swablu

:)
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 3, 2020
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying
Sorry if this has already been suggested or if it's available elsewhere, but would it be possible to add Deviantart as one of the websites under Identities, or else have additional customization options? I know there's a single field called Website:, but I think it would be helpful if one wanted to add multiple sites (like if you have deviantart and tumblr, or want to link to other comic or writing hosting sites). Thanks!

Harrie

Tech Team
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her & they/them
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
@Swablu easily done! The option is now there, along with an Ao3 one :^)!

Swablu

:)
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 3, 2020
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying
omg im sorry I have another minor suggestion: would it be possible to increase the maximum character count for the Identities section a little? My Discord username is 4 characters too long and it doesn't fit D:
thank you!!

Harrie

Tech Team
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her & they/them
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Should be fixed now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)