• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Nine of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode contains a discussion segment on gjinka nuzlockes, as well as the continuations of all our fabulous featured stories.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

[Mature Content] Took's 2020 Madness- Creatively Writing and Backlog Clearing!

What's the focus of this blog in 2020?

• Creative Writing

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Videogame Takes and Experiences

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Other (Write in, if I really like a write in I might go for it)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Description
sanity died some time ago

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
11 of 25 is probably gonna surprise some of the people who've loosely followed my adventures in the franchise, and tbh I'm slightly surprised I took this long to tick it off the list.

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, a fan favourite in Japan and possessed of a particularly rabid base outside of it.

It's... an experience, is the immediate reaction. It's definitely one of the better written FEs, with some great moments. What does hold it back for me, though, are some of the more. Questionable. Design choices- other than some particularly janky bits, it's aged pretty well and some of the jank is part of the charm.

All in, high tier for the franchise and I have hopes for an eventual remake to fix those niggles and put it at the top.

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.
yo okay i know i've been slacking on posting in here but i have finally forced another game off of my to-do list

12 of 25 is a Diablo clone, of which I will probably hit a few this year because my thirst for that Diablo feedback loop without supporting Blizzard itself is real and even then I know damn well I will probably still cave and buy Diablo 4. Coming from an indie studio I'd never heard of before is Victor Vran! Set in the vaguely Eastern European-inspired city of Zagoravia, it's a pretty fun romp through the usual gothic fantasy hallmarks, a couple of unusual ones (hello, the fucking circus level!) and has an absolutely hilarious commentary track running alongside Victor's escapades.

It's got a pretty good approach to scaling difficulty and imposed challenges, and tying skill loadouts to weapon types rather than Victor's progression is an interesting call, but all you really need to know about it is there's a magic tome called the Nekonomicon that calls down a meteor shower of neon cats, 10/10 would play again.

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Okay so there's been a bit of radio silence on this front. There's a reason for this- like Icarus and so many others before me, I've been flying too close to the sun and I'm feeling the burnout. It's self-care time, folks. Always has been, but I'm stupidly bad at self-care.

The good news is that on top of the other stuff I've written this year, Astra Crystallum having gone weekly for like a month has been good for the writing consistently, and all-in so far this year I'm on 76,534/100,000 words. Three quarters of the way through, who knew?

The gaming thing... that's the bastard. That's the thing I'm really not having fun with anymore, and that's like the one thing I really don't want to have feeling like a chore. Gaming is the break I have from everything else. So I'm gonna gracefully concede defeat on shooting for 25 completions here, and just log what I beat. If I still hit 25, great! I'm just not gonna stress over doing that now.

although to be fair, i'm one of those "essential" retail workers and I set these arbitrary targets back in 2019 before this whole year turned out to be a monumental dumpster fire, so y'know maybe this was just real overdue ☹

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Small check-in; between what's been posted for Dawn's Knife Edge and a separate 3H Self Insert I'm writing more for my own amusement, the latter half of July and Camp Nano kept me afloat. Ish.

Upshot is my total for the year so far is 81,222 of 100K now! i have achieved Words

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Update: Final Fantasy XIV is a button on my PS4 that makes many hours of my life vanish. I have at least beaten the A Realm Reborn storyline! I'm just. Not sure that counts for scoring, so it doesn't.

I did manage Words, though! We're currently at 92,762/100,000! Exciting stuff! just need to write more like a weed now lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)