• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Mashup Mafia

Extravanganza Accordian Demo

Veegee

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dark
You know something that everybody loves? Music. There are many great songs out there written by people who are much more talented than me. But you know what I have that all these so-called "musicians" don't? The fact that derivative works are protected under copyright law! Welcome to Mashup Mafia.

Section 1: How to play the game
1. At the start of the game, every player will receive a role PM telling them what their role is, and mafia members will be told who the other mafia members are.
2. The game will consist of alternating night and day phases, starting at Night One. Night phases last 24 hours, and day phases last 48 hours.
3. During the night, players can send night actions by responding to their role PM with their action. In addition to night actions listed in each role description, the mafia can collectively choose one player to kill every night.
4. During the day, all living players can discuss in the thread to determine their next course of action. Anyone can post "Vote: PlayerName" to cast a vote to lynch that player. At the end of the day, if more than 50% of the living players are voting for the same player, that player will be lynched.
5. When voting for who to kill at night, the mafia member that actually performs the night kill is decided by the mafia. This is done by having the visitor of their choice include that they will be the visitor in their night action PM. If none do so, the last mafia member to vote will visit.
6. When a player dies, their role will be revealed in the thread.
7. The village wins when all mafia members are dead. The mafia wins when the number of mafia members is equal to half of the living players. All third parties have unique win conditions explained in their role description.
Section 2: What not to do
8. If you have a night action, and you don't post or send any actions for three consecutive phases, you will be inactive killed. If you don't have a night action, you'll be inactive killed after missing two consecutive day phases. Players killed by inactivity do not win, even if their win condition is met.
9. Don't do metagaming. That's when you use info like "Oh, that guy is using the PM system shortly after the night began! He must have some sort of night action!" Metagaming has many forms, so if you think something might be metagaming, check with the host first.
10. Play for your side. If your actions are obviously aiming to sabotage your team's chances of winning, that is bad. If you think something might count as playing against your side, ask the host if it is.
11. Don't post in the thread at night.
12. Don't post anything that could influence the game after you're dead. This also applies if you aren't in the game at all.
13. Don't copy and paste or screencap anything sent to you by the host or other players as a form of evidence. This is to make your information not super easy to confirm.
1. At the start of the game, up to four village and four mafia players will each be assigned 2 power roles randomly selected from a single pool. Everyone else will be a villager or goon.
2. Many roles have slightly different abilities depending on if they are assigned to a village or mafia player.
3. Players can only use one action each night phase, not counting the night kill, so if both of your roles have night actions, you have to choose which one to use each night.
4. Those without power roles can DM me with what song they'd like to be revealed as upon death. For obvious reasons you cannot choose a song that a power role is already named after. If you do not choose a song, one will be selected for you at random.
5. Because sleepwalking cannot be controlled, it does not count toward the rule of one action per night.
All Star (by Smash Mouth)
Being one of the most commonly used songs for musical memes and shitposts, you have an intimate knowledge of mashups that others don’t. You start the game knowing which roles in the game are paired with which.

Anthropology (uploaded to Youtube by Awkward Marina)
Human beings fascinate you, being just the way they are. Each night you can investigate one such human being (or personified song mashup) to find out their alignment (if you’re village) or one of their roles (if you’re mafia).

Bodies (by Drowning Pool)
Once per night, you can visit someone to let their body hit the floor, and by that I mean you kill them. After you’ve used this ability 3 times (regardless of if it goes through or kills anyone), something’s got to give and you lose the ability. Also if you’re mafia, you don’t know who your fellow mafia are until you’ve lost this ability.

Break Stuff (by Limp Bizkit)
3 times per game, at night, you can choose for it to be One of Those Days (well, one of those nights technically), when it’s everyone’s best bet to just stay away, motherfucker. If anyone visits you on One of Those days, you will kill them after their action goes through. On Those Days your action cannot be prevented and you cannot be killed. If you’re mafia, you can only use this ability once per game.

Deadlock (by Go! Child)
Once per game, the first time your night action (including the night kill) would be prevented, a voice inside you will beckon you to try again and the action will go through anyway. If you do not have any night actions, the voice will protect you from one killing action instead.

Deja Vu (by Initial D)
Each night, you can choose (not visit) a player and you’ll know who has just been at their place before. Okay, this one is kind of a stretch, I'm sorry. You'll know who visited them is what I'm saying.

Fear and Delight (by The Correspondents)
I’m not sure which lyrics I should use to best get the message across, but the gist is that you’re both attractive and deadly. Each night you can visit someone, and if they visit you too, their action will be prevented and you will kill them.

Hardware Store (by Weird Al Yankovic)
You finally opened up that door, and look at all that stuff! Each night you can visit someone, the next day they’ll be presented with three random items and can take one of them. The items can be a gun, bulletproof vest, crystal ball, key, knife, snowball, or candle. If you’re mafia, all items will be fabricated.

Lifetime Achievement Award (by Lemon Demon)
Once per game, at night, you may visit a dead and buried player and their death will be revised. The revived player will lose any power roles they had and, if you’re mafia, will be converted to mafia goon regardless of their previous alignment. If you are village, the revived player will not change alignments.

London Bridge (by Fergie)
Each night you can visit someone, and every time you come around, their london london bridge will wanna go down and they won’t be able to perform any actions that night. If you’re village, anyone trying to kill the player you’re visiting will be too distracted as well. Oh shit!

Look At Me Now (by Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes)
Let’s go! They really wanna pop you, but they will never flop you. Whenever someone visits you at night, their actions will be prevented. This does not include the nightkill, however if you are targeted with the nightkill, that player’s other action (if any) will be prevented that night even if it’s not targeting you.

Mad Rat, Alive? (from Mad Rad Dead)
You don’t know your exact role, just that you’re a song from a video game. The game you’re from, however, features a character whose time travel powers allow him to undo his own death, so long as the death can be seen coming. If you receive the majority vote, you will not be lynched. However, if less than the majority but more than zero players vote for you, you will go mad like the rat and die anyway.

Megalovania (by Toby Fox)
You don’t know your exact role, just that you’re a song from a video game, though you’re a song that has a tendency to pop up in unexpected places. Each night, you will automatically visit a random player and do nothing to them. This does not count as your night action.

Monkey Watch (from Rhythm Heaven Fever)
You don’t know your exact role, just that you’re a song from a video game, but boy what a song you get to be! Everybody loves you so much, that when you are visited at night, the visiter will impulsively shout, “Man, I love monkey watch!” loud enough for the whole thread to hear.

September (by Earth, Wind and Fire)
Each night you can visit someone to make them remember. And though they won’t remember the 21st night of September, they will remember the names of three players, at least one of them being mafia. If you’re mafia, the names given will be completely random and might not have any mafia among them.

Without Me (by Eminem)
You could’ve just as easily been Lose Yourself but I came up with a role for this one first. When you die, it’ll feel so empty without you and there’ll be no night actions the following night. (This excludes killing actions if you are mafia.) Kinda sucks that your role only activates when you die, but at least you settled all your lawsuits. (Fuck you Debbie!)
All Star: Agent/Spy
Anthropology: Cop/Stalker
Bodies: Vigilante/Hitman
Break Stuff: Veteran/one-use Veteran
Deadlock: passive ability Strongman/Bulletproof
Deja Vu: Watcher/Lookout
Fear and Delight: Siren
Hardware Store: Merchant/Scammer
Lifetime Achievement Award: Resurrectionist/Necromancer
London Bridge: Nurse/Hooker
Look At Me Now: Commuter
Mad Rat, Alive?: Gallis
Megalovania: Sleepwalker
Monkey Watch: Loudmouth
September: Caroler/fake Caroler
Without Me: super Virgin/on-death Snow Queen

The game will start after there are enough players for at least 3 mafia, but 4 mafia would be ideal. If there are only 3 mafia with power roles, then four random roles will not be in the game and I will not reveal which ones.

Signups:
1. EeveeFTW
2. Cirr
3. Salt&PepperBunny All Star/Megalovania
4. ash
5. SweatingCalendar Hardware Store/Bodies
6. Undyne
7. theCape
8. KitkatKK2 Lifelight
9. KirbySSU September/Lifetime Achievement Award
10. Sparklepop I’m Just a Kid
11. Kit_The_Feef
12. Rueblie
13. Akane Alolan Floatzel Kids
14. Norhian Samur The Only Thing I know for Real
15. 0 Anonnymous Life Will Chang
16. cornibot

Starting split: 12/4

Last edited:

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Normal
Well I'm already dead in squid kid mafia so

In!

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity

Salt&PepperBunny

Author of Finding Your Roots and Little Lapses
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
Rabbits are so human. Or perhaps, humans are so rabbit?

ash

the rasmus fangirl
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 14, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
can "british" be added to the pokemon type thing

SweatingCalendar

Alligator Lizards in the air, in the aaaiiiiirrrrr
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
These creatures are often seen inciting wars with the couch potatoes over territory of farmland so that they can have the most sheep for counting
Im ready to jam out

Undyne

Captain of the Royal Guard
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 22, 2020
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
They/Them or Ey/Em
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
#700 Undyne-This gentle butch loves talking and theorizing about video games. They love games that tell a vivid story about compelling characters.

theCape

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
Seems to always be starting a new campaign/project despite not having enough time.

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/She
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
this game sounds like music to my ears

in

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
Male
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
I thought monkey watch was the stupid fucking hard one

Anyways in

Sparklepop

The Electric Dreamer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 30, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Filled with boundless creativity and a mane of stars, Cosmicore is only seen once in a blue moon, showing the world what it has to offer.
I may have lost once, but I will rise again.

I am joining this game.

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.

Rueblie

Not worth mentioning
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Whatever
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
They question if it even exists anymore and it seems annoying enough for them to not want to find out.

Akane

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This pokèmon rarely does anything useful. He has a strange passion for the number 9, I wonder why. Bisexual.
I did say I wanted to take a break
But bruh I love mafia too much
in

Reactions: ash

Norhian Samur

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Water
Yeah sure, I'm in

OP
Veegee

Veegee

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dark
Okay, we have just about enough to use all the roles, and the thread's been up for a while anyway, so now's a good time to put this into 24 hour mode. You have until Sunday, 12:30 EST to sign up.

cornibot

the tiny totodile
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 18, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is small, but feisty. It's a little rebellious and likes to disagree.
OP
Veegee

Veegee

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dark
That makes 16, which means I can use all 16 roles! Signups are now closed unless someone wants to join in the next 4 minutes, I'll start randomizing and giving out the roles now.

OP
Veegee

Veegee

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dark
All roles should be given out now, if you did not receive a dm please let me know. Otherwise…

It is now Night 1. This phase will last for 24 hours until Monday, 1:20pm est.

If anyone has any questions about specific role interactions, ask me in public or in private and I'll update the rules with the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread