• The Writer's Locke will be on hiatus from now until August 2nd. Read more about it here. Thanks for sticking by us. Looking forward to seeing you all again when we're back!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Announcement Man the old staff had some really fun resignation thread titles

Thread Description
if you haven't seen them you should go digging in the archives fr

Jimcloud

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/he/she
Well, it's about that time, everybody.

I've been putting this off for a while now, so I'm sure anybody who's been paying attention has seen the writing on the wall for some time. I guess what it comes down to is that I didn't really want to come to terms with the fact that this chapter of my life is over. I've had a lot of good times here, made a lot of good friends. This place changed my life permanently, and I don't even mean that in some kind of kitschy "I'll always have you all in my hearts" kind of way, I mean genuinely you can track the changes in my life that this website brought, there are so, so many. I met a lot of good friends here and made some unforgettable memories, and I don't really want to say goodbye to that.

But it's simply a fact that my interests have moved on from this, my passion for maintaining the forum has waned, and I've been unavailable in ways that are just flat-out unacceptable for someone of my position in the forum. I don't do the work I once did, and I just can't summon the interest for it that I once had. So... as of today, I am stepping down from my positions as administrator and featurer. I'm a little regretful that I couldn't give more to the forum, but I look back at everything we did here, what we've accomplished and where we've gone since I took my position as moderator, and I have to think... maybe I've done enough, you know?

Thank you to everybody who's been there for me over my time as a moderator, administrator, and featurer here - the staff, the users, all of you. It'd be hard to count the people who've had a positive impact on me over my time as a staff member here. And I wish all of you good luck in continuing to build a community that stands strong and fast over the course of the years.

You're all welcome to contact me any time for any reason - I'll still be a ping or DM away on Discord. But I'm more than ready to retire from forum running to drinks in Malibu. Peace, y'all, it's been real.

Master Bryss

zd zd
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Their body is made of an intricate and interconnected weave of their own puns.
It's truly the end of an era. As you say, can't say I'm surprised, but you will be greatly missed (although I'll always be there to yell at you about something).

Presumably rejected resignation thread titles included "Hey, Me, Get Off Of My Cloud", "I Knew Jim So Well," and "I Wandered Lonely As A Jimcloud."

Garish Garchomp

Friendly Neighborhood Landshark
Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
You mention how much this place changed your life, but I think the reverse is absolutely true as well. You've had such an outsized and tangible impact on the forums basically from day one, and that doesn't even get into the intangible. You've done more than enough to be able to walk into any and every damn sunset you want. Thank you for years of serving and improving the forums from just about every angle, and thanks just for being here and being an awesome person.

Also, call this a follow-up vote for "Hey, Me, Get Off Of My Cloud"

Raverist

Funishment Birb
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pokémon Type
Steel, Tough
One of the best we've had. You deserve all the Poke-respect.

Fool

I’m too tired for this.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Don’t talk to me about BW2, ever. I don’t want to talk about it with you.
You did good Jim. You did good. Not much else to say, other than that I’ll miss you and your puns.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Dang, sorry to see you go. Best of luck with your future endeavors, whatever they may be!

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
awwww man Jim. Obviously your own life comes first but this is definitely a bummer to hear.

Obviously you'll be missed here, so let me just say thank you for doing a spectacular job here. You really did a phenominal job administrating this place.

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
An end of an era, indeed. This place has grown so much during your time here - I'd say you more than deserve your walk into retirement. Thank you so much and good luck on the next chapter in your life!!

Shark

Training to be Cute
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is inconcievably cute. It tries to intimidate its foes with its long, luscious locks, but to little avail.
and here i was thinking that you were secretly an immortal god of administration that would eternally watch over us :v

jokes aside, thank you so much for everything you've done, you've earned this retirement 10 times over and you'll always be beloved in this community that you've helped shape. we'll miss you!

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
Good luck to you, Jim, and I hope that the next phase of your life is as fulfilling as this one was.

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
It'll never be the same without you on the team Jim. Thanks for all you've done over the years, and enjoy your retirement!

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
We love you Jim! Thank you for everything you've done.

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Thank you Jim, I wish you luck in the future

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Thank you for giving us your time! May whatever you choose to do with your time next go well!

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 14, 2020
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
Him/He/Male
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
They travel in clowders of up to 12. They swim well and have big powerful jaws, which they put to use hunting their prey.
Dropped in to say I’m sad to see you go, but I wish you luck on your future endeavours!

Yami

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 18, 2020
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fire
Hey I just saw this post. Even though I haven't been active on here in recent years, I couldn't help but feel a sad when I saw this. But I wish you the best of luck in everything and thank you for all you've done over the years!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)