• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Kanto Hack Look at the title it's all reversed and stuff - A Der Erif Nuzlocke in 2022 but with a funny twist...

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
this is also broken GPS 2 believe it or not

KirbyIsPink

new copy ability: sandwich
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Perfectly round... as all things should be
it is 2am when i am writing up this thread let me be very light with this first update okay

What the heck is Der Erif? It's Fire Red but you essentially travel through the game in reverse order than what you're used to. So instead of going north through Viridian Forest -> Pewter -> Mt Moon, you instead go south through Cinnabar Island -> Seafoam Islands Oasis -> Fuchsia City and such. I'm pretty sure it was a popular rom hack around the Nuzforums like ten years ago back in the early Zetaboards era. There's probably a thread on Pokecommunity where you can find Der Erif if you do not want to commit Tapatalk to find this rom hack

it's really fucking me up that i can say ten years ago in regards to nuzforum history

1. first encounter per new area only
2. die in the game = die irl in real life irl
3. dupes clause
4. set mode
5. add more rules when it's not 2am
xndJhoF.png
mqY8ySw.png

Standard player+rival naming stuff. You could probably tell that I've played Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Fun Kirby Game!

iPVCvP6.png

oh yeah my mom is a duck

dnH3lyW.png

this is the part where our featurer flopdisc comes in and says mommy and it actually applies here

to2j4Pz.png
rXaXkhk.png
fmoS1HP.png

Here are the starters. This time we have a Rock/Fighting/Flying trio. The hacker played around with the trio so now we have Rock -> Rock/Steel Kabuto, Fighting -> Fighting/Ground Mankey and Flying -> Flying/Psychic Hoothoot

AtNkASN.png

I went with the bird

vIqwAMb.png

Since we're forced to fight a rock type immediately, the rival's Kabuto is actually level 1 so we don't lose instantly because of skill issue.

4eRJlKW.png

Is it sad that I ended up using a held Oran Berry that I didn't know about here for a level 1 mon?

odPTV5A.png

I only saw this on the walk to the lab but there was a biker blocking this path here

RsbIhcb.png

Oh hello Mr Duckworth what are you doing behind that wall?

oH24Kmx.png

So yeah Oak's Parcel quest thing I missed the screenshot oh well

cbC8sfV.png

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I know the idea of this rom hack is essentially going through the game in reverse order but this is ridiculous! Going back through the entrance just sends us into the Pokemart again

XI4JQEa.png

And the stairs lead to the end of Victory Road

Okay yeah the cat's out of the bag now.

This run is more than just Der Erif

It's Der Erif but with a map randomizer applied to it.

Anyways so Pointcrow's Map Randomizer was just recently updated to include support for Fire Red, Leaf Green as well as White 2! I don't have a White 2 rom hack or White 2 to apply it to which is why we're truly here.

xA1ZRwZ.png

This is still a blind run though. Why is there a single peculiar patch of grass here?

3SDkpk1.png

The League Building leads to Surge's gym. That's pretty neat!

this also means that we've reached a dead end with no way to go back home

puMVRwr.png
Xdzx9UD.png

Aww that's nice

FF7Mj31.png

We're just gonna deathwarp here in the singular patch of grass and forget that this death even happened because come on I do not feel like resetting the entire run all over again it's a waste of like five minutes of my time here

LHICfN5.png

wh

kDWYaM6.png

hello rheaduck i'm home again after an abra did a thing

0p3xkVr.png
hKyM58B.png

I still did the Oak's Parcel quest thing so now I can catch stuff

81WFP8Y.png
6grHe1Q.png

Route 1 and Route 22

J4jiTnB.png

Yeah we're not getting past this man any time soon

re16yzE.png

Which means that we have to go south through Route 21. With 0 percent water

Wkbrtbo.png

Also nice since the running shoes were locked behind Brock and we obviously aren't reaching Brock anytime soon.

zgrnFZq.png

wait a minute hold on i didn't even reach the grass whaaaaaaa

SspstIX.png

Oh I just killed the Trapinch with an Air Cutter. We're playing with Bug/Ground Trapinch aren't we...

greaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt..............................

SVsYoJs.png

Optional Rival Time!

RFMBiWC.png
cPkmPFP.png

okay maybe i've made a mistake by picking hoothoot

YTv6wUl.png

I really just wanted to check out what's behind the League Door

6LPNiYp.png

Oh shit it's the Department Store these places are really nice to find in Map Randomizers

g4kLen7.png

The other set of stairs lead to a guard and I am not going to fuck around and find out which way he sends me

HbN50DH.png

Of course the elevator still works just fine. These stairs...

Quk8yi5.png

Well in that case

Pretend that there's an image of a well inside of an opened briefcase with the caption well in that case

CFqa7Np.png

Seafoam Islands are now known as Seafoam Well. I don't know why just yet...

xseTaf0.png
y8Rg821.png

This first floor exit leads to the Mansion

wJAt67T.png

And then it turns out that going down the stairs actually sends me downstairs wait this isn't part of the script

cW5ZKcu.png

Going up the stairs sends me back to Celadon City. I guess the Department Store Entrance really did send us back to Celadon just as normal

Mwou3Uw.png

Obviously only one way to go from here and it's back to Seafoam

irC9DeR.png

With an Ice Puzzle preview

h1P3iri.png

oh okay

C4HXEx4.png

The end of the tunnel is a Pokecenter

641DwmI.png

The Viridian City Pokecenter!

08Y0fa8.png

And then the escalator sends us back to the department store but this time it's the rooftop

N6l06Ox.png

Okay I guess I missed a screenshot here. Anyways, I went back to Cinnabar Mansion, caught a Koffing who poisoned my Hoothoot and now we're on a timer to get to the Viridian Pokecenter. Thanks Koffing

XzgUIM3.png

Surprisingly enough, we make it back here!

11Ryf6L.png

Unfortunately, Hoothoot is four steps away from death. And we actually need five steps to talk to the nurse...

jTxHFFq.png

jk there's a lum berry on route 23 that i picked up

vOD3Wvy.png
fbioztq.png

Caught a Seel at Seafoam Well In That Case. It is also poisoned but this time it has more health and makes it to the nurse in time

Uf3lofO.png

Back to Cinnabar! This set of stairs sends us back to Viridian City oh wow

0nHDH6D.png

Huh these houses weren't randomized after all

cEZ7YiX.png
AU6TCFT.png

The other set of stairs sends us to Navel Rock. I missed these small Navel Rock sections

dq9nvLx.png

We end up in the Fuchsia Pokecenter. If we check the escalator....

KDP6NdG.png

Surprise jumpscare!

iXEIc2A.png

well i do have a potion

wYVN1WH.png

that is what we call a "level gap"

D2fYsmK.png

i forgot to do the thing where i dump most of my party in the PC to minimize casualties in surprise wipe situations

lVng12z.png
NURpKab.png

Can't have a Map Randomizer Nuzlocke if I don't fucking die out of nowhere!

Run 2 coming soon

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
rival DICKS just like 2012

nice randomizers

nice deaths

SprungGeoduck

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Beautiful
kirby im gonna die i can't take this level of 2012

der erif. what a fucking throwback huh

OP
KirbyIsPink

KirbyIsPink

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
At least this time it's not 2am when I'm writing this update
rival DICKS just like 2012

nice randomizers

nice deaths
3DNoGm2.png

yeah...

kirby im gonna die i can't take this level of 2012

der erif. what a fucking throwback huh
This is the part where I respond with lyrics from Maroon 5 Misery which would still work in 2012 because that song came out in 2010!

Maybe I should think about that song less often right now...
81vRTYW.png
erNQy5q.png

New run, new player and rival names

35zHwmH.png

Here is a roadblock featuring Meowth vs Nidoran

STuf8ZW.png
nq3nA5t.png

Starter. This time the rival actually has a duck

Tpd8oVo.png

Obligatory deathwarp just to finish the Oak's Parcel Quest and move on with Pokeballs. It's a feature now and I will continue to use said feature because the alternative is either accepting the death and moving on to another run or avoiding it entirely and then ??????

9Zt0zrE.png
OCd1LWX.png
WOqtHxG.png

Early catches. I forgot to screenshot the duck's nickname but it is duck2. Increment this as necessary

Ht3tTkA.png

Here's a controversial decision. Hacking in Rare Candies so I don't have to burn time level grinding when the real fun is navigating through this maze of a randomizer of a rom hack. I'm not gonna Rare Candy grind all of my mons all the way to Level 100 though since that defeats the challenge of a Nuzlocke. Even though doing this eliminates the potential of grinding deaths uhhhhhhh

UDohy8I.png
5gi1SJK.png

Oh hey look my Cinnabar Mansion Koffing keeps poisoning my mons every time I catch it. They're doing just fine by the way

C7E9ZfI.png
m4HL3nW.png

One rival fight later and we can go back to figuring out the department store.

De214Fn.png
X4bkrKo.png

First there's this warp which sends us into another Cinnabar Mansion area

cLd6zm1.png

The one where you can just fall down and get injured.

JlGxuCW.png

I don't know what's up with Cinnabar Mansion stairs actually working the first time I go through them.

6Wm5dYf.png

But then I go back up the Mansion stairs and then the map randomizer map randomizes me into Silph Co.

Which has unlocked a whole 'nother can of worms of cool hub areas with many warps to travel through. Since there's also an elevator here as well.

23PIrqu.png

Going up the immediate stairs sends me to Saffron with a Rocket Grunt just standing here

rhK25AZ.png
JxdWpl1.png

This warp panel is also Saffron City.

zEYgoSv.png
w8BYNVf.png

Unfortunately, this left warp panel is not Saffron City. It's the tower with a rival fight that we dodge here.

Pj46N7q.png

uhhhh

So the Tower stairs actually worked and sent me down to the first floor of the tower. Of course going up those stairs again sends me to the Route 23 end of Victory Road which is usually a dead end except going back inside Victory Road sends me into Victory Road. Also Lance is here. Hi Lance.

iJF1ncm.png

And then leaving Victory Road sends me to Vermilion City. These one time functional warps are really messing with me

spMGqp1.png

What?

bCQ05ft.png
Mn6GmOD.png

Anyways, new city means new warps to navigate through! Starting with this house which is Route 5

FOY0Grg.png

3yqHV1f.png

DvkLmHG.png
h79eyOY.png
VtH1oqN.png

This daycare is a Pokecenter which is also another Cinnabar Mansion area. The ending part that kicks you out of the Mansion that nobody every goes through ever.

WLTbgaV.png

It's also locked and a dead end.

cblFyqJ.png
FQBZVug.png

This gate right here is the Old Lady with Tea's place.

AJgsgDz.png

Or at least it was until the incident happened...

35n3SuQ.png

Continuing through the path is Route 7. Why am I in jail?

oJZ96sL.png

Wait hold on I was just kidding why is this actually jail what the actual fuck

This isn't even the map randomizer being weird. This is just the rom hacker doing a bit of trolling since apparently you'd only be able to reach this area if you have cut to access the other end of the Underground Tunnel section here.

LjM66ou.png

Instead of deathwiping my entire party and starting a new run, we're just gonna rewind a couple of screenshots and pretend this never happened. Right? Right.

8lU4zcY.png

Okay the above house is now Mt Moon. Which is raining.

TRdT4S9.png
Mb3zYhR.png

And the Fan Club is actually Agatha's room.

hyBMTGM.png

Oh sorry I mean Giovanni's room

GJ3X4cP.png
XRjWbXZ.png

Run 3 coming soon

poopawman

High-end Procrastinator
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Used to be frequent, but has matured into a lazy son of a--
i was late on the last trip, but here i am hoping you find a way out of this experience. I never got around to finishing this run myself (was about to hit the E4 before the forums jumped ship and i didn't have FIRE INSURE-RANCE) but with the warps spitting you out anywhere, I wonder if there's a door that can cheese to the HoF. Be careful about that Power Plant warp when you're able to pass that guy, it's a "gauntlet".

Cirr

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Nice wipe

have fun in round 3

OP
KirbyIsPink

KirbyIsPink

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
i was late on the last trip, but here i am hoping you find a way out of this experience. I never got around to finishing this run myself (was about to hit the E4 before the forums jumped ship and i didn't have FIRE INSURE-RANCE) but with the warps spitting you out anywhere, I wonder if there's a door that can cheese to the HoF. Be careful about that Power Plant warp when you're able to pass that guy, it's a "gauntlet".
Yeah I've heard about the infamous Route 9 gauntlet. Luckily, I don't think I have any incentive to actually explore the gauntlet for now!

Nice wipe

have fun in round 3
At least run 2 died to an Elite Four room as per tradition
0b3QiMP.png
f68d0Ue.png
8KkxNfl.png

Nuzvivor Season 3 Nickname theme. The dumb reason why I went with this is because Zorua3 and I just continued with the bit

KIaEHIz.png

Oh yeah I never pointed out that the Route 1 grass is arranged so you can actually skip encounters if you want to.

rOisX91.png

Instead of deathwarping after getting the Parcel, I decided to go through the Route 23/Victory Road stuff and end up in Vermilion City.

Yizf97Z.png

Why is there a ledge here...

0WsvPsE.png
oB0VvJb.png

This Pokecenter right here is even more Seafoam Well

zQkOUtg.png
0WzeMUU.png

WELL IN THAT CASE

5Rf9uru.png
tLDWE6f.png

Lucked out and dodged encounters from the grass and water. The puddle gives water encounters by the way

s40Dwn8.png
teDnHCU.png

Continuing along this path is the Eighth Gym. Luckily we're not actually locked in here since there's a way out of the maze tiles

Ijwwwxa.png

Let's backtrack to the Vermilion Pokecenter right here. We see a weird looking rock block off that Strength Boulder...

LHzEOfZ.png
UXzx95r.png

Also the ladder is Route 12. Honestly surprised that the Snorlax is still here and not blocking some other funny location

KUkxKcU.png

Rewind again back to this ladder in Seafoam

TjipACU.png

wait we made it back to viridian city

VlkZ88c.png

Cool

TVEmp9U.png
jPU4qca.png
fjQDkMb.png

Some catches and a not catches

gMoifez.png

I think I've made a mistake giving the rival a Mankey. Especially since I kind of need to do the optional Rival Battle here to do Department Store stuff and a ton of encounters do not like Mankey

1aIvo2D.png
xBF3jfP.png

Actually what if we just went south towards Cinnabar for once? Took two failed runs to finally do this.

hgb2Foo.png

There's also a miniboss who had a bunch of underleveled evolved mons

Z0XwQZU.png

Finally, Cinnabar Oasis

br5Lc1v.png
CYAQjy9.png

A couple of roadblocks here and there. I forgot that you need the Secret Key to go to Blaine's gym

HQcUjwx.png
v9eLnAj.png

Here's another functional warp that continues to throw me off

eK0BDA5.png

Because trying to go back the way we came from only leads to sadness. Also Navel Rock.

dkUs7OO.png
f5Nk5wh.png

This ladder is the SS Anne

sgQuzas.png
CLcWDUV.png

The other ladder is Route 2 and Pewter City

aI0cCkb.png

Backtracked all the way to the Mansion and didn't catch a Koffing that poisons us this time!

GjOifux.png
fSiA2Es.png

Oh this is the outside portion of Navel Rock. Now that I think about it, I don't understand how Navel Rock hides the Ho-oh mountain peak from this tiny cave here...

rVGNK6X.png
1kGKv7S.png

Navel Rock leads to a Silph Co dead end. Not just because of the Rocket Grunt but I also don't have the Card Key

xD5FOtQ.png
juhOium.png

Rewind again back to the boat. It leads to the Pokemon League but actually this time

YVBQQj9.png
glp0LUE.png

Why do I keep getting sent back to Seafoam Well?

vBO9ABf.png

It's even worse this time since this is an ice puzzle with a funny looking Strength boulder

oAsuPzO.png

ClamJAM

QpvVz10.png

This other funny looking Strength Boulder with a Ladder exists

OwIieOs.png

And it leads to essentially a dead end. Maybe we'll go here in the future for no reason!

sXrOSBE.png
uy9awgP.png

Here is the Sabrina'th gym! The gym order is obviously different from vanilla so I have no idea which number this one is supposed to be

DEWk53b.png

There's also a lot of warp tiles and I am not checking those just to warp and die instantly

rNyxkHn.png

Somehow we rewind all the way back to the League Building...

Tdmk7rY.png

And this time it's more Well

YzvPsRX.png

Rewinding Backtracking yet again to Route 2 and we see a ledge. We do not trust ledges around these parts

3gHKhLf.png

Why is this route so foggy?

bO1ZBp1.png
emJPbgq.png
udiLIxq.png

Time for a Pewter search session! This first house kicks us out of Pewter City ggs shake my hand

9j392RD.png

Let's just go back to the Department Store for now.

i6zYtgg.png

I could buy a Water Stone to evolve my Shellder...

But then again Cloyster can still wipe anyways if I go down the wrong alleyway

A5vIg2y.png
c2mW3Vg.png

Going downstairs leads to Viridian City but this time it's the Gym instead of any of the other weird buildings

LtBi7OT.png

my mother is still a duck

YXzzbPm.png
8CSMcCB.png

This Route 2 gate is Rock Tunnel but without the Flash HM

ZS3X4yX.png

I don't have seven badges so the door kicks me out

TDrW2dT.png
WRgQrIm.png
KNUyF8i.png

Going upstairs leads me to whatever this Pokecenter is with a Clefairy

WZH1ViC.png

why does going upstairs lead to me going upstairs :(

RLIGOyV.png

Leaving the Pokecenter is a Route 10 Pokecenter blocked by a tree

tyHsGhg.png

Trying to go back inside sends us to One Island???

wrh4frz.png

um

IUovtrL.png
t2FzjRy.png

I'm allowed to actually rewind at this point right?

J27ODpc.png
SwbliTY.png

Also talking to the Clefairy sends me back to Cinnabar where I get to escape from Gay Baby Jail

6163UlF.png

Maybe we'll just stop here so I can say that Part 4 isn't also Run 4. Don't count those chickens before they hatch!

poopawman

High-end Procrastinator
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Used to be frequent, but has matured into a lazy son of a--
oh no, i was wondering if The Seviis were added too and lo and behold, that just added, like, 30 more warps. Hopefully the warps needed are not trapped in the second half of those islands.

Cirr

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Good job not dying

Though it is inevitable that you will die to the rival (as is canon)

OP
KirbyIsPink

KirbyIsPink

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
oh no, i was wondering if The Seviis were added too and lo and behold, that just added, like, 30 more warps. Hopefully the warps needed are not trapped in the second half of those islands.
All of the warps that I tested on One Island appear to be unchanged which is totally why I didn't show that off ahahaha...

Good job not dying

Though it is inevitable that you will die to the rival (as is canon)
Lfak3SO.png

this was from og tokei tribe chat but idgaf if i'm not allowed to share it here it was a month ago after all

Context: Pokemon Wordle, also the Season 3 winner had a Riolu pfp at the time
XzBWbua.png

Time to finally finish exploring through the Department Store. First we start by going downstairs from the 4th floor

DqOXnP5.png

It's Mr Teeth Man missing his teeth

gr7RASw.png
qBR8tfh.png

Going upstairs is the SS Anne. Still suddenly realizing how many more hub areas with several warps exist in Kanto as opposed to Hoenn which mainly had the Lilycove Shop and the Abandoned Ship

Z9XZnWh.png
kBXWH5Z.png

On the fifth floor we have the Giovanni fight guarded by a Rocket Grunt and a key

qr6nPAH.png
pB77SxM.png

Fifth floor upstairs is another SS Anne section. I am totally going to forget all of these SS Anne warps which is why we take screenshots!

jCMphCE.png

Decided to check out this warp first since it's the easiest for me to remember out of the several that exist on the boat

EDPYzMh.png

Oh cool it's a new city

Dc2reCE.png
0Khu1RR.png

With some interesting road blocks such as rain and a lake

YYbpnqf.png

oh no! how did the silly slowpoke get on the roof?

JjAyphJ.png

The gym is actually a Rocket Hideout.

Something about Koga in Pokemon Adventures idk i never learned how to read

XRIPrs4.png

Safari Zone! This warp wasn't changed back in Emerald so hopefully we can get the Surf HM as well as a free catch!

DOzyaHG.png

aww :(

ICsys46.png
6YLsawo.png

Supposedly Route 4 is a lategame route so I'm really sad to see that the Magikarp is still level 5

SWFYCos.png

Also we followed the money (The Route 4 Pokecenter) and found the Brock'th gym

KMhc0ws.png
TI2d8qn.png

Decided to check out this gate real quick and found another way back to Saffron. Pretty nice though I already forgot how I first ended up in Saffron City

1hpk3Mt.png

It's not a Skitty but it is still a cat...

QPsitFr.png

Back to checking out Fuchsia warps again. This mart...

4ohgfLn.png

Roadblocked by a Capital I

UCwOmz9.png
laVpDyV.png

Oh cool it's Pewter City. I kind of remember how we got here. It was the Route 2 gate actually!

fL9MQJP.png
l0fRx5N.png

Go through the back door to reach Silph Co

VjnzXjU.png
gooAOs8.png
EXGwPfb.png

Go through the front door to get softlocked instantly

1nX2gzT.png
4EEinZs.png

There's also the Teeth Man's House which is now the Fanclub's Club area whateveritwascalledidkyougetthebikevoucherhere

hYYw8GN.png
U4dUNS7.png

This is not a Bike Voucher

Also I told myself not to share what this guy was talking about

BSLo2sa.png
yAoXPPh.png

Found another way to Saffron City. Also I am inside this Rocket Grunt

Utsd7sY.png

This final house is Lance's Room. Actually no it's the rival's room

XhNX7ln.png

YOU FOOL

YOU FORGOT TO LOCK YOUR ROOM

I CAN ACTUALLY ESCAPE FROM AN ELITE FOUR ROOM

OfGCWqE.png

wait a minute where's the warp...

noooooooo......

i was the fool for thinking that i could escape from fate

SlOqsLs.png

Where is your name? I definitely named the Rival

dK8Ht3m.png

Jerry my friend you died this time :(

6rrCRWD.png

It is canon that Zorua loses to Wildy in Nuzvivor lore after all

rmnvPB5.png

Welcome to The Jury Jail. Enjoy the next month of sitting there in the abyss doing nothing until judgement day!

uR2Cg1C.png
ptmxY1x.png

We also have to release the cat because that's what happened canonically

Honestly I could continue this update but I feel like this is a fitting end to this update. Run 3 continues yet again even after our first wipe in some time!

Cirr

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
canon endings are the best endings

[insert jerry releases a skitty video]

OP
KirbyIsPink

KirbyIsPink

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
canon endings are the best endings

[insert jerry releases a skitty video]

Ufe1TKo.png

i'm watching an nvidia employee play fall guys on twitch while writing this update

look i'm just trying to think of a different caption aside from where does this pokecenter in pewter city go?

YpTFEZB.png

I forget that Naval Rock legendaries exist in Fire Red since nobody goes here ever. Good thing to keep note of if I'm looking for a lategame hypercarry if I get a Master Ball

xjrC7vj.png
ro0OZLi.png

Brock's gym is a cold jail cell

FzBMXRn.png
k1oIxNo.png

The museum is also a cold jail cell

Pewter City is just the prison system that surprisingly exists in Kanto

nqXzHQT.png

Falling down the hole actually ends us inside these walls. Since there's no other way to reach the hole on our left aside from falling here...

8E9yx2k.png

Note to self: Do not try digging a hole to escape from prison

JxeIj5G.png
qjmTpxG.png

The prison ward Petrel will just be there to explode in your face

flreKKa.png

By some magic, we make it back to Pewter again.

WD2NKm3.png
vvoJRXP.png

And then we're blocked by the police at the gate

UEO8xSs.png

I guess we can check out this ledge?

bX3BHNa.png
9Ns2UmM.png

There is a funny tree on top of this Diglett's Tunnel

ZzCF7Rb.png
puUsp34.png

Also here is a brand new city. Here's hoping that it's not another prison!

DWlZZ8f.png
bwT2p7C.png
hhdA7kE.png
4pzMg0p.png

This city has some really weird roadblocks

hg52QGS.png
W0KAGhf.png

A functional warp in this unjust world. Not what I wanted to see :(

jQoQXCL.png

I literally just left the house and got sent to this tile why

4rViwXj.png
rf3XzN8.png

FW0IGud.png
KL9TSAH.png

Some more functional warps. Maybe I'll check the escalator later but I generally do not trust Pokecenter escalators now

5pJFCa7.png
Il66qSk.png

The gym still being a gym might just be a good thing actually

rPa8t3R.png

Finally, something normal in this weird world. Leaving the gym sends us to Seafoam again

UHYRMef.png
LwDIYIw.png

We have a Rock Tunnel location from this ladder

cP8s1du.png
ssZp31a.png

And Silph Co from this ladder! Wait a minute...

ZiuCH71.png

Nice

j2dnvW1.png

We finally learn how to take the elevator in Silph Co

m7C4RA8.png

And the first thing we do is leave instantly

PMXoh6t.png

I don't have a caption for this screenshot

N67ESo0.png
iwV1wSP.png

Time to check some more doors I suppose

C9S2PTd.png
2N3nDn6.png

Oh hey it's a Clefairy

ydyAQPV.png

You can't fool me. I saw the Clefairys on One Island! THEY EXIST! AND THEY'RE CONTROLLING THE GOVERNMENT!

f5V3nGX.png

Okay wait I think I'm starting to understand the intended level design for this segment.

There's a funny gauntlet on Route 9 which leads to Route 25 where Bill lives. He gives you the SS Ticket and then you can finally get the Cut HM after doing the SS Anne. And then from there, you can travel through Mt Moon in reverse and then eventually finally reach Pewter City.

PXAMmwG.png
dfaX24b.png

2qiw6Wd.png
XVdd3ag.png

More doors to Seafoam

DN7qwX0.png
MtgvO3o.png

Wait a minute-

t6wYfmH.png

Didn't even get a chance to become one of three Gyarados

TnpaXGy.png

Alright Vulpix, you are the last mon remaining. I just want to find the first gym so I can finally do a battle and progress through the story.

bWewE2A.png

Somehow we make it back to Silph Co again

hK0UUAU.png

Huh

YlqpAxv.png

Let's backtrack through here again

8krjF6Z.png

We take this ladder...

VZZWj3M.png

Oh wait we've already been here nevermind I forgot about this one oh well

xXcoqso.png
5f4UfYT.png

Falling down this last hole leads us back to the SS Anne. While we've made it back to this section, we can do even more door searching

37XDGIo.png
fGyLr1u.png

DTLVapo.png
f21xVbh.png

More Silph Co...

YXF1L6P.png
uGBXnVe.png

Celadon City is pretty new since last time we were here, we were trapped behind a Strength boulder which forced us to just the Game Corner Buildings

5wITcmp.png
Lvj0G6z.png
OTctKDc.png

A dead end

GZ8muv2.png
jZ2FUxI.png

MOON

c3Ynq3b.png
cCSPZjo.png

Oh neat it's the bike shop. If only I had a Bike Voucher from that one dude

ecpd3NH.png
yyQZT04.png

Another Pokecenter. Still not trusting those escalator just yet...

c1XKSye.png
6Z9Q2n6.png

Don't go into the kitchen it's blocked by a ghost

K2eXNFv.png

Okay now we can trust the escalator

Bdy1Ros.png

It's the Rocket Hideout this time. No Lift Key since we can't fight anyone with our baby Vulpix and I can't justify using the Rare Candy boost right now

A7Vw3Jc.png

Instead, we backtrack our way back to Silph Co again. Floor 2 time

gk9q7M0.png
25OigKG.png

This warp pad is Route 2

sVoyf5c.png

Blocked by a weird rock formation

aL1R9tp.png
7wSJEne.png

Here is a Mt Moon. Also realizing that the Moon isn't accessed through a Mt Moon warp which is sad :(

CAZYjBC.png
50uHjTi.png

Finally, a gate where the police won't gatekeep us from anything!

0GA9kvr.png
ZbStcPv.png

Even more Silph Co

qhHMqFq.png
ksZx4p8.png

And now our run ends in an Elite Four room. Nice

KYIxJMU.png

Our momduck is apart of the Elite Four

Je3IOMO.png

So uhhhhhhh

The fight didn't exactly load while playing this on VBA-M...

I'm moving onto Run 4 anyways but let's just say that even this run got sent to Jury Jail

Cirr

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
can't believe zorua got killed by momduck and not wildy

have fun in run 4

OP
KirbyIsPink

KirbyIsPink

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
I got distracted by making the Nuzvivor Season Finale Trailer as well as the Finale itself to the point where I forgot about this run oops
can't believe zorua got killed by momduck and not wildy

have fun in run 4
momduck is quite the devious character isn't she
Zuzz2IO.png
pXQFw6T.png

uB9cWY3.png
SM35Rfv.png
UwI9KKL.png

The nickname scheme for this attempt is Four

PP3D7BX.png

And yet I failed to catch a fourth mon to add to the team because I ran out of Pokeballs. Currently convinced that turbo mode drops my catch rate

q3iaZ9u.png
GYOwM24.png

why do i even bother doing the optional rival fight at level 7

also why do i even bother with picking hoothoot since this just means that the rival gets early game kabuto

p6KImPC.png

Four except the O is silent. Also missing. The O has been kidnapped.

fZ9wtmn.png
1wNf3fi.png

xyBVV5J.png
hf6k0JP.png

Cinnabar has a slight case of the Unrandomized warps...

plLfW4R.png

Nevermind. The Pokecenter did a little too much trolling. Rewind back to Cinnabar again not to waste time!

qKCaqGW.png
6SAN0dw.png
30ouRUs.png

Now see this looks to be a case of the Unrandomized but trying to leave results in a perfectly functional randomized warp!

TSyXrdB.png

Wait a minute we finally get a chance to properly explore Celadon now. Since the only other time we've been to Celadon was the Game Corner segment that's blocked out by a Strength boulder. That we can't push.

BIRHbxY.png
W27JE7a.png
Z172iY2.png

gimr-back-to-the-lab.gif

Slugma does a little bit of trolling again with the Cut trees

fpWQgeH.png
2iRrz7M.png

FINALLY

THE FIRST GYM

I forgot to mention that I'm gonna try and do the gyms in the intended order for Der Erif. Which should be Blaine -> Koga -> Sabrina -> Erika -> Surge -> Misty -> Brock -> Giovanni

YPkxy9r.png

Huh my team isn't in a great position to fight Blaine yet. Ignore the Lotad in the background I haven't found a PC to leave it to sit there yet...

9sr5AQw.png

We can at least work on the questions for now

7FimofU.png
cUoZ6d9.png

Slugma worship is the precursor to Smallant Wooper isn't it

7xYfhzs.png

Anyways after fighting the one dude, I decided to backtrack to Celadon and hopefully find a Pokecenter to heal at

Tq4BNg4.png
7kJaPD5.png

Not an actual Pokecenter

M5Nj5LT.png
Q4EI3gC.png

Some more Silph Co

tRIHc8I.png
Ea26TOF.png

I don't get gatekept by this guard right?

fKhRzsW.png
9Q5c7Ia.png

Nevermind I got gatekept by the guard

rpgFVw8.png
lIVoXxP.png
TymuZMy.png

Walking through that side exit leads to a chain of events that leads to Luigi. Also we're trapped here and I should really get some Escape Ropes from Celadon god i forget if those exist there

4gfVfCo.png

Let's take the stairs like a normal person

tze6hg5.png

Well shit. This is a softlock then.

7iTWX75.png

I guess it's nice that the guards don't vibe check you but I get blocked by no Surf anyways

BLkrBUt.png
YQLsZa0.png

Actually nevermind it turns out that unrandomized warps save the day from a softlock. Thank you unrandomized warps!

X48GVsJ.png

On my way back to Cinnabar from the dimension, I failed my mansion catch because out of Pokeballs again

qWZheNw.png

I never tested this room did I...

VLm3giv.png

¡Ay, caramba! ¡Es el pato tortuoso!

BFRTkcG.png

devious.png

We already know that fighting momduck results in the black screen of death that doesn't load the fight so we'll just rewind again

ZrfxEJR.png
rkQid0v.png

The Cut tree was surprisingly removed here so we can actually check this gym out. It's more Silph Co.

RtF5u7O.png

ma'am you appear to be a fence

g8S1Y0T.png

The outside and inside of the Department Store has two different warps each which is always an interesting design choice. Could've easily been just one door in but Celadon decided to be unique

9VfOUqn.png

wait what

JP7uXoa.png
nOjQP0D.png

Oh cool it's Lorelei's room!

3iKmOcW.png
IhQQ4Vz.png

I have no idea who you are

gpR0biN.png
ixNvuVc.png

Ah, it's Youngster Joey

HauG69H.png

I needed a good excuse to get my owl and round ball killed off anyways after they avoided death by a second momduck fight

WPldfbj.png

so i might not be very good at catching pokemon...

taOVjLw.png

Backtracking our way back to Celadon through the not back entrance of the city...

dl1lqcc.png
OLLjgET.png

These should be the last set of warps for the city. And then we can get back to whatever we were supposed to do earlier. Which is now a lot harder since we just have a Ledyba to fight Blaine.

LAa73lc.png
f14nEDq.png

These stairs are Mt Moon

QRkSGAm.png
wDfdXFz.png

I actually press the turbo button to make it here encounterless and find Silph Co yet again for the third time this update

UJziRd8.png
krqXPgN.png

Diglett! I can't do this tunnel encounterless so imma just go back to Celadon

B8YWZ3l.png
Lt3lFXZ.png

nevermind this appears to not be celadon

teqzsR1.png

This poor fly lady is living in constant fear for her life since not only did the biker gang tear down the fence to her front yard, but the leader of the gang is just standing outside of her door with a baseball bat and i don't think the police are doing anything to keep her safe

mqiJxJ2.png
fpbQRjK.png

We can sneak through these fellas over here

fwlwEtE.png
5NMKRIv.png

Oh right, Snorlax road block

nWeHoG5.png

Don't mind me, I'm just jaywalking down this hill!

h2kI70S.png
lqg07ES.png

Oh that's a neat touch. The border tiles for the route have been changed from water to sand. It actually makes sense with the theme of making the Cinnabar area into a desert

6EoULxs.png
2mwgYPO.png

This is a new area. Also an abrupt end to an update

Cirr

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
el pato tortuoso!

that was an abrupt end

OP
KirbyIsPink

KirbyIsPink

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
el pato tortuoso!

that was an abrupt end
I just saw that I already had 80 or so screenshots and arbitrarily decided to put the screenshots for the next update in a new folder
hc0R72e.png

but why are there a ton of sliding panels here in the first place

WrfVzWL.png

I'm not even soft locked from leaving the funny maze dimension

lMYdSiX.png

More boat content

DbzKm1R.png

We have a couple of doors here. This middle door...

CPxXFhD.png

Is more Silph Co. I keep telling myself to explore Silph Co but I still have yet to do that.

dYkzXqu.png
g8WjOUh.png

t30LxSU.png
D4rRbST.png

I'll test this guard out later

PBgOVqh.png
JAtbVQI.png

Also forgetting that Pokemon Tower is a place. With warps!

ieryS0z.png
u84oDpr.png

The only time I remember that I should go through Silph Co is when I make an update and then I go and play warp randomizer and completely forget about all of that

W1MdZJA.png
mDwRwMd.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

npZvmQ4.png

So it turns out that this is supposed to send me to a map in Cinnabar Island

zBbeOSw.png

It's this Pokecenter but the fact that the map randomizer was applied to Der Erif might've destroyed the Pokecenter...

p6VrDGS.png
9jSJFid.png

no

TvUe8RG.png
B1wKxXC.png
zLns47Q.png

Backtracking to Rocket Hideout leads us to Cycling Road. We'll get back to this later

YowwdcV.png
ZNUbQY1.png
6Q2jSIE.png

I'm not sure what compelled me to go back to that one gate with the guard from earlier but they pushed me to the right and I'm in Celadon again

kitioOS.png
WFU7tgo.png
Ht8mxW1.png

Guess I didn't quite finish checking Celadon yet after all...

4Cy8ASu.png
iLH5BKg.png

Done with Celadon now.

a4r4Atl.png
3j1N5zu.png
iAACFqn.png

Oh look I remembered to go back to Silph Co for once

BCiFz38.png

:laugh:

gw1dICQ.png
appwCYo.png

GJIhhZ8.png
GSkCGTm.png

Back to the third floor again. Downstairs is nothing while upstairs is gambling

RqMfatg.png

:psyduck:

DsKhIfb.png
YsvMWWl.png

Sometimes you just decide to go back to Viridian City for whatever reason

gKjjNsV.png

I can't quite reach the rest of the third floor from the elevator so it's the fourth floor this time

wTpTAbS.png

Starting with these stairs!

LDw8bGR.png
f1j8fNi.png
LoNrEc8.png

5fc4912d333ca4d7753a4d47f5785f1d.png

I'm out of Pokemon again so attempt 5 at some point

Cirr

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.