• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
scarcely/randomly updated, picked up speed during quarantine "sessions"

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
It's hilarious how Bronzor sees how hopelessly outmatched they are, and start up a pokemon kart race to try to escape. The Frostlass lady was a nice call back to it's pokedex entry. So if Drayden Rowan really felt like it, I feel like he could actually take down team Galactic himself with his strength and dragon type pokemon. Though that would probably expose him to the public and give him a lot of unwanted attention. Good thing he has Andreia to dump saving the world on!

OP
Wastelander Nick

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
Pokédex Entry
It is found roaming the deserts, usually on a back of a Mudsdale. It loves gathering relics of the past.
It's hilarious how Bronzor sees how hopelessly outmatched they are, and start up a pokemon kart race to try to escape. The Frostlass lady was a nice call back to it's pokedex entry. So if Drayden Rowan really felt like it, I feel like he could actually take down team Galactic himself with his strength and dragon type pokemon. Though that would probably expose him to the public and give him a lot of unwanted attention. Good thing he has Andreia to dump saving the world on!

he's having two separate lives as a researcher and a gym leader :P
also, there's a lady in a cabin in that route that gives you a Spell Tag, although, when you enter again the house, nobody's there also ominous foreshadowing for the next page
some background music ;)
neue Seite! (I think I'll continue with another language for every update for a while :P)

Last edited:

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
I like the effect you did for the snow on the roofs of the pokemon center and pokemart . I like how Madmaxape is so over the top for flame wheel literally runs Piloswine over with a car. Oh no not the starter. I have a feeling Andreia is going to start to question why she's continuing her journey after his death.

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
I love that panel with Candice and the Froslass!! But damn, what a harsh loss! You'd think a fire type would be safe in the ice gym but unexpected type coverage takes another soul...

OP
Wastelander Nick

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
Pokédex Entry
It is found roaming the deserts, usually on a back of a Mudsdale. It loves gathering relics of the past.
I like the effect you did for the snow on the roofs of the pokemon center and pokemart . I like how Madmaxape is so over the top for flame wheel literally runs Piloswine over with a car. Oh no not the starter. I have a feeling Andreia is going to start to question why she's continuing her journey after his death.
Thanks! In game, you visit an ever-snowing town but the roofs are clear! It was his last page, so I gave it all on drawing every angle of the car! urge to soft-reset intensified then and yes, that's how the 8th part starts - Andreia need some motivation...

I love that panel with Candice and the Froslass!! But damn, what a harsh loss! You'd think a fire type would be safe in the ice gym but unexpected type coverage takes another soul...
that double-team snow-cloaked Froslass is unholy, so edgy shades and effects were a must here! but yes... I stared at my DS for some seconds, wondering if I should soft reset or not...

nuova pagina!

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Very cool panel with all the tombstones. Also I have no idea why but I really like the grunt with the long bblack hair and the beard lol. I just feel like I've seen people who look and act like him before and I enjoyed seeing him for some reason

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
While Andreia may be bummed out now, team Galactic is going to force her into action, at least to save the world. But the question is if she'll want to even get anymore gym badges anymore or if she sees it as too big of a risk. Fighting Cyrus could really make her go either way depending on how the fight goes. Still that easy money must be how team galactic gets most of their grunts, as who would join their team with vague goals of perfecting the earth otherwise. My guess is that those two guards don't even have any pokemon on them. Though I wonder what that mysterious voice is?

OP
Wastelander Nick

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
Pokédex Entry
Very cool panel with all the tombstones. Also I have no idea why but I really like the grunt with the long bblack hair and the beard lol. I just feel like I've seen people who look and act like him before and I enjoyed seeing him for some reason
thank you! I'm glad you mentioned that grunt! They are the Jay & Silent Bob duo in galactic uniforms! During quarantine, I discovered Kevin Smith and his cinematic universe, so I squeezed a reference in this page.

While Andreia may be bummed out now, team Galactic is going to force her into action, at least to save the world. But the question is if she'll want to even get anymore gym badges anymore or if she sees it as too big of a risk. Fighting Cyrus could really make her go either way depending on how the fight goes. Still that easy money must be how team galactic gets most of their grunts, as who would join their team with vague goals of perfecting the earth otherwise. My guess is that those two guards don't even have any pokemon on them. Though I wonder what that mysterious voice is?
It's true, Rotom-dex slaps her out of that tender moment with Mum. Well, it's only Volkner that's left now and an intergalactic sidequest before him. About that last question, see below the new page! :P

novaya stranitsa! (I hope I spelt it right, it's in russian, but with latin alphabet...)

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Ahhh it's the shadow lake trio! Also still love the Quagsire rage faces. I also really like that bottom left panel with Saturn; her face turned out great!

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
It's hilarious how Mr Mayhem tried to scare those guys out but failed, but succeeded in getting them away anyway XD. I'm sure glad that this isn't a horror movie(unlike a certain gym), because splitting up could've ended really badly. Still oof, that one moment your exploring the evil base, and you realize you walk into a cutscene unprepared.
I drew Mad Max Ape! Look Andreia, everything is okay, he's right here.:crying:
RG04hsV.png

The coloring on your pages is beautiful. They inspired me so much that I tried coloring in something with colored pencils, and discovered I actually like coloring. This set off a series of events that caused drastic art improvement in my comic. I wanted to let you know how much of an inspiration Level Platinum has been to me, thank you!

OP
Wastelander Nick

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
Pokédex Entry
Ahhh it's the shadow lake trio! Also still love the Quagsire rage faces. I also really like that bottom left panel with Saturn; her face turned out great!
Thank you very much! he's the comic relief character and his simple design allows some "meme customisation"
Well, all this time I thought Saturn was a woman (so I added more feminine eyes) and I realised the other day that he isn't... Anyway, artistic liberties :P

It's hilarious how Mr Mayhem tried to scare those guys out but failed, but succeeded in getting them away anyway XD. I'm sure glad that this isn't a horror movie(unlike a certain gym), because splitting up could've ended really badly. Still oof, that one moment your exploring the evil base, and you realize you walk into a cutscene unprepared.
I drew Mad Max Ape! Look Andreia, everything is okay, he's right here.:crying:
RG04hsV.png

The coloring on your pages is beautiful. They inspired me so much that I tried coloring in something with colored pencils, and discovered I actually like coloring. This set off a series of events that caused drastic art improvement in my comic. I wanted to let you know how much of an inspiration Level Platinum has been to me, thank you!
super late reply, as I lost that event wow, thank you so much for adding him in your compilation!!! even post mortem :P Andreia will go back to the denial state now! and congrats for deciding to do such a fanart marathon!
I'm glad that Astonish attempt worked out, I thought it was a very forced attempt to add a joke (right after that certain gym...)

and about that last part... I never thought that it would become a source of inspiration, so thank you so much for that comment! I mean there are some legends out there in traditional drawn nuzlockes (ShadeofShinon, RocCenere)! Thank you again for this, you made my day!

νέα σελίδα! (if that's all greek to you, it is... I regret nothing!)

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Oooooh man I am worried about Annie!! And after such a badass move too! Also great job with the art on this page- lots of tricky backgrounds and different people in a scene like this, but you did it very well!

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Oh no, Annie is in trouble. The only thing I can think of saving her is Bataspook, but poison is weak to psychic type attacks. Cyrus using the lake trio to attack is pretty cool. Though I wonder what Azelf will do, since they haven't done anything yet and will very likely strike just as Andreia thinks she has the upper hand.
Still my joke theory is that Rotom is the only pokemon Cyrus doesn't have in his pokedex as he asks Andreia where she found one.

OP
Wastelander Nick

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
Pokédex Entry
Oooooh man I am worried about Annie!! And after such a badass move too! Also great job with the art on this page- lots of tricky backgrounds and different people in a scene like this, but you did it very well!
Happy new year and thank you so much! The Spear Pillar/Distortion World is my favorite part, so I tried to add as many details as I could. (about Annie, the answer lies below!)

Oh no, Annie is in trouble. The only thing I can think of saving her is Bataspook, but poison is weak to psychic type attacks. Cyrus using the lake trio to attack is pretty cool. Though I wonder what Azelf will do, since they haven't done anything yet and will very likely strike just as Andreia thinks she has the upper hand.
Still my joke theory is that Rotom is the only pokemon Cyrus doesn't have in his pokedex as he asks Andreia where she found one.
Happy new year! Nice guess, as he's the only flying type and fast enough to grab her, but you'll see! Well, as Rotom doesn''t appear in this page, and who knows when the next update will be, I'll give you one hint - check out this page again and the description below

new page!
...and just in time for the Extravaganza, too! Plain english this time, as the "multilingual title phase" was a '21 thing and the joke grew old

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Oh no, I was afraid of this :( poor Annie. I especially love that montage at the beginning. She came a long way. Also holy cow that panel with Giratina's face is so creepy, great job there!

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Wow, Gaia is huge! Having a giant pokemon like that must be awesome as it's practically a bus. Though I guess issues will arise when feeding her and getting her indoors. I can see the grunts abandoning ship after one died from falling off a mountain and their boss summoned a literal demon. Still Mr.Mayhem is being pretty suspicious here, my guess is that he'll backstab Cyrus and overtake the power of the legendaries.

OP
Wastelander Nick

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
Pokédex Entry
Oh no, I was afraid of this :( poor Annie. I especially love that montage at the beginning. She came a long way. Also holy cow that panel with Giratina's face is so creepy, great job there!
In game: suicidal Gravelers - providing anticlimactic deaths since the original nuzlocke...
thank you very much, I drew inspiration from the Pokemon Generations episode, in which Giratina is covered in tar!

Wow, Gaia is huge! Having a giant pokemon like that must be awesome as it's practically a bus. Though I guess issues will arise when feeding her and getting her indoors. I can see the grunts abandoning ship after one died from falling off a mountain and their boss summoned a literal demon. Still Mr.Mayhem is being pretty suspicious here, my guess is that he'll backstab Cyrus and overtake the power of the legendaries.
Lucas maybe EV trained her in HP & Defence :P well, it's true, if he had a Lapras too, he could start a sightseeing tour business!
Mr Mayhem, indeed has got a side agenda, but I can't say more at the moment.

new page!

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Ah Cynthia comes to save the day!! And omg Muchlax needing a day off is so relatable lol I am wondering what's going to become of this possession...

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
I can understand where both Mr.Mayhem and Andreia are coming from. Andreia is sick and tired of seeing so many of her friends die, and I really like how your showing that all these deaths are really taking a toll on her. But as Mr.Mayhem points out, they are literally in the middle of a fight over the fate of the world. While normally you wouldn't lose much from quitting your journey, but Annie gave her life protecting her friends fighting a Tyrant who wants to destroy the world. For her sacrifice to mean something they have to save the world from Cyrus, then Andreia can turn around and go home with her surviving friends.
But how, Mr.Mayhem is surprisingly good a battle strategy.
I love how those two Golbats just nope out of there.
Cyrus:Show me where dad went!
Giritina: Yeah he went out to get milk.

OP
Wastelander Nick

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
Pokédex Entry
whoa whoa, early update? what sorcery is this?
Ah Cynthia comes to save the day!! And omg Muchlax needing a day off is so relatable lol I am wondering what's going to become of this possession...
if it wasn't a critical hit, it would definitely survive with +3 sp. defense
Mr Mayhem is really SUS indeed...

I can understand where both Mr.Mayhem and Andreia are coming from. Andreia is sick and tired of seeing so many of her friends die, and I really like how your showing that all these deaths are really taking a toll on her. But as Mr.Mayhem points out, they are literally in the middle of a fight over the fate of the world. While normally you wouldn't lose much from quitting your journey, but Annie gave her life protecting her friends fighting a Tyrant who wants to destroy the world. For her sacrifice to mean something they have to save the world from Cyrus, then Andreia can turn around and go home with her surviving friends.
But how, Mr.Mayhem is surprisingly good a battle strategy.
I love how those two Golbats just nope out of there.
Cyrus:Show me where dad went!
Giritina: Yeah he went out to get milk.
Possession now acts as "forced concentration" instead of the usual havoc in horror movies but is it really a solution?
yeah, when you have a maxed out supereffective Discharge waiting for you, running from the match is the only viable option!
well, I hope the last panel didn't really come off so out-of-context, I tried for an emotional cliffhanger here 😅

new (short) page!

Also there's a cameo call, if you're interested in participating! If you don't have a DA account, you can add your characters here under a Spoiler tag!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread