• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Thread Description
scarcely updated, picks up speed during quarantine

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
It is found roaming the deserts, usually on a back of a Mudsdale. It loves gathering relics of the past.
Hi, everyone!
Here's my ongoing nuzlocke from Pokemon Platinum. The run is finished, but the comic is ongoing.
It's my first time using a forum, so expect some edits upon edits, as I figure how it works :P

Rules:
Catch the first pokemon in every route.
When a pokemon faints, this happens
Duplicates & Species Clause
Shiny Clause

The comic is originally uploaded here.

Last edited:

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Hey there! Welcome to the forums!

Took me a lil' while to get caught up, but your comic is pretty cool! It was pretty fun to see it evolve as you went along, as you added color and then experimented with shading, adding the title, and so on. I really like your style and coloring, and the jokes and references are great. Never expected to see Solid Snake yeet tombstones at hostiles, but I'm glad I did lol.

Getting used to the forum can be tricky, lemme know if you have any trouble and I'll try to help you out!

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
It is found roaming the deserts, usually on a back of a Mudsdale. It loves gathering relics of the past.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey there! Welcome to the forums!

Took me a lil' while to get caught up, but your comic is pretty cool! It was pretty fun to see it evolve as you went along, as you added color and then experimented with shading, adding the title, and so on. I really like your style and coloring, and the jokes and references are great. Never expected to see Solid Snake yeet tombstones at hostiles, but I'm glad I did lol.

Getting used to the forum can be tricky, lemme know if you have any trouble and I'll try to help you out!
Hey, thanks a lot for the feedback! The tombstones are my version of Rock Tomb.
About the forum exploration, I realised the hard way that I cannot upload directly from my pc yesterday. Thanks for the help!

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
lol that's a great touch.

And yeah, the forums are a bit wonky that way unfortunately. Always struck me as weird that you can't just upload directly (and makes me wonder what the gallery is even used for because of that), but I guess it's for storage reasons or something.

ACottontail

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Well I wrote this up as I was reading the comic. The duel reference was pretty funny. I also like the part where the two youngsters debated on whether Raticate or Biabarel was better. Clearly the right choice is Furret, as they can walk! Though I wonder, does Candreia have a license to drive that car? She better be chasing away encounters the legal way. So team Galactic is wearing wigs. Wow Combee are better at finding the secrets of the universe than I thought. Adding a Halucha for the falcon punch effect was a really nice touch. That basement full of Spinaraks? It sounds like paradise! Spinarak are so cute! That pokeball firing cannon is pretty cool, mind telling me that cheat code? That dinner brawl was pretty wild, I like the chaos of that scene. Still I like how team Galactic is just keeping track of days without a combee insistent after one leaked their secrets.

Still the art is beautiful. I love your use of color in the later pages. It makes me want to try to draw something with colored pencils.

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
Well I wrote this up as I was reading the comic. The duel reference was pretty funny. I also like the part where the two youngsters debated on whether Raticate or Biabarel was better. Clearly the right choice is Furret, as they can walk! Though I wonder, does Candreia have a license to drive that car? She better be chasing away encounters the legal way. So team Galactic is wearing wigs. Wow Combee are better at finding the secrets of the universe than I thought. Adding a Halucha for the falcon punch effect was a really nice touch. That basement full of Spinaraks? It sounds like paradise! Spinarak are so cute! That pokeball firing cannon is pretty cool, mind telling me that cheat code? That dinner brawl was pretty wild, I like the chaos of that scene. Still I like how team Galactic is just keeping track of days without a combee insistent after one leaked their secrets.

Still the art is beautiful. I love your use of color in the later pages. It makes me want to try to draw something with colored pencils.
thanks so much for all those comments! I'm going to answer to most of them, one by one:
  • the car my Bidoof used was a reference to his name (Rolling mispellt), and I wanted to use it a Rollout reference later
  • I never thought of Combees that way, just that grunt is afraid of them and gradually becomes a bit obsessed with them (but thanks for the idea, I may use it)
  • the only cheat I used in the Old Chateau was a legal one :P - Repels so my first encounter would be Rotom, and I stocked a lot of Pokeballs before
  • sorry, but Furrets are useless after lvl35 in nuzlockes and in competitive (trust me, I have used one) :P
  • The dinner brawl is basically all these double battle trainers in here
  • I use traditional media (colored pencils, pen) because I tried once drawing digitally and it was SO hard to adapt, so I gave up. Also the pages are finished faster (draw, ink, color- optional)

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
After binging your run, I want m o r e. :P I didn't have something to say about every page, but I found that I had enough to say that it would be polite to put my comments under a spoiler tag.
Now I can't unsee Drayden looking like Professor Rowan. :0

That fancy Shinx has me intrigued. :0

Looker's ability totally is Run Away. I mean, what does he do to Galactic? Other than steal a key and tell you Cyrus' age? :P

Bibarel is senpai—for people who want to have Pokemon with actually battle-ready movesets. 😤

Roark is not senpai, though. Geodude abuse is not attractive. 😔

What did I say about Geodude abuse!? Ugh, Shellos get Water Pulse way too early... T-T

That Falcon Punch panel was done really well! ^^

It's smart to incorporate Frustration into the story like that. I always thought it was a weird move for a Pokemon to have in its level-up kit, since the move is, presumably, stronger or weaker depending on a bond with a trainer.

Huh, wait, your Looker does do something! Having the protagonist get involved with helping Looker not only makes Looker more of an entity but helps explain why Team Galactic fixates on this kid.

I love that quick backstory extra! I hope Annie gets to fight Cyrus again!

Yikes, your Galactic is showing off Galactic's usage of explosives earlier on than in canon! :ohdear:

Your scary Rotom is awesome! :D And its mad-science backstory is *chef's kiss*

Ralts have Teleport, so it's cool that you managed to catch one! ^^

Huzzah, the first Gym Battle with all positives! Crobat is a real trooper of a Pokemon. :)

Maylene's team is tough! It was looking rough there....

Uh oh... Extra 3 makes me think that Spiritomb has something to do with Team Galactic....

A page is always a good time when there's a Zelda CDi reference! 😉 *reads description* The Seven Stars Resturant has some surprisingly strong trainers. And, in Double Battles, they can gang up on a single team member... :c

RotomDex? Outside of Alola? Blasphemy! I actually really like finding ways to include Pokemon who have died in-gameplay. :)

The Psyduck roadblock is dumb, so I'm happy to see that you found a creative way to circumvent it! :)

Fuego Ironworks is a completely optional location, so it's cool to see it given story significance here!

Oh no, Best Vines! I've never seen a Carnivine be used in a nuzlocke before, so I'm sad that we won't get to see more of him!

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
After binging your run, I want m o r e. :P

Thank you SO much for this comment cascade!! I warn you, though, I'm a slow narrator, this run is ongoing for 3 years :P
It's smart to incorporate Frustration into the story like that.
Well, a whole extra page and many walks in Hearthome's Amity Square are built upon that move :P

Huh, wait, your Looker does do something!
You can thank Pokemon Generations episodes for that. They provided interesting images and some last minute ideas.

The Seven Stars Resturant has some surprisingly strong trainers.
Ahhh... That moment... It ruined the atmosphere I wanted to create there with DINNER BLASTERS...

Maylene's team is tough! It was looking rough there....
Well, I knew Lucario would give me a hard time... The "Angerfist possession" is based here (Maylene's students are four Black Belt brothers who call themselves the "Karate Quads" and insist they fight "for LOVE!" "for COURAGE!" "for HOPE!" and "for TEARS!" )

Your scary Rotom is awesome! :D
The backstory is based on a Creepypasta story about Old Chateau (and the Lavender Marowak from the Original Nuzlocke - SPOILERS)

Fuego Ironworks is a completely optional location, so it's cool to see it given story significance here!
Well, my Monferno evolved there, and I discovered that in the anime it's an important location!

The Psyduck roadblock is dumb, so I'm happy to see that you found a creative way to circumvent it! :)
This page is approved by Lord Helix :P

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry

ACottontail

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
I don't know about rejecting nasty plot. It's a two stage boosting move combined with Raichu's base 100 speed could sweep entire teams by it's self. Rez the Raichu has a nice design but he also looks a bit like a digimon. If he was one would that mean that he has some secret mega evolution no one knows about? Still just them sleeping in the corner while everyone else was reading a book, it's so cute!

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
I don't know about rejecting nasty plot. It's a two stage boosting move combined with Raichu's base 100 speed could sweep entire teams by it's self. Rez the Raichu has a nice design but he also looks a bit like a digimon. If he was one would that mean that he has some secret mega evolution no one knows about? Still just them sleeping in the corner while everyone else was reading a book, it's so cute!
I realized a bit too late (after inking), that I had actually kept Nasty Plot... Wez is a reference on this guy of the same name
About that library panel, I poured a lot of love on it, thanks a lot!

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry

ACottontail

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Just how Byron's Bastiodon noped out of there when earthquake is used. Earthquake is a pretty good move, and it gives gym repair jobs to the local economy. I like everyone's facial expressions when the professor tells them which lake pokemon they're going to visit. From Barry's halo breaking and him crying, to the death glares and fish bump. Still with team Galactic blowing up a lake and sending all that water everywhere I wonder if it will cause a flood or tidal wave or something.

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
Just how Byron's Bastiodon noped out of there when earthquake is used. Earthquake is a pretty good move, and it gives gym repair jobs to the local economy. I like everyone's facial expressions when the professor tells them which lake pokemon they're going to visit. From Barry's halo breaking and him crying, to the death glares and fish bump. Still with team Galactic blowing up a lake and sending all that water everywhere I wonder if it will cause a flood or tidal wave or something.
the funny thing is that that's the actual in-game dialogue more or less! I never thought of enhancing the local Canalave economy, but with the bridge and the gym ruined, seems like Andreia shouldn't visit that city for a while :P

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry

ACottontail

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
If Spiritomb are 108 souls in one, does that mean he'll have to pay 108 times the price at the daycare? I find it hilarious that he could be trying to power up his god by biking back and forth to gain that sweet sweet daycare experience.

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Late to the party! I didn't realize you had a posted run until you put up a banner; cool stuff! It's cool to see a traditionally drawn comic- reminds me of the early original Nuzlocke comics!

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
If Spiritomb are 108 souls in one, does that mean he'll have to pay 108 times the price at the daycare? I find it hilarious that he could be trying to power up his god by biking back and forth to gain that sweet sweet daycare experience.
I believe that its the Odd Keystone that he's paying for!

Late to the party! I didn't realize you had a posted run until you put up a banner; cool stuff! It's cool to see a traditionally drawn comic- reminds me of the early original Nuzlocke comics!
still try to figure out how the banner works 😅 thank you so much! it's way easier than to learn from scratch digital drawing!

part 7-1 is here!

Last edited:

ACottontail

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
I like how Andreia had the sense to call on a bunch of random trainers for assistance taking out the evil team. I feel like people usually forget that the main character isn't the only one with a grudge against the evil team, or can take down their level 32 Wurmples. Still Rowan is a one man army over there. If it weren't for their pokemon, I would make a good bet that Rowan could beat Galactic over there by himself.

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
I like how Andreia had the sense to call on a bunch of random trainers for assistance taking out the evil team. I feel like people usually forget that the main character isn't the only one with a grudge against the evil team, or can take down their level 32 Wurmples. Still Rowan is a one man army over there. If it weren't for their pokemon, I would make a good bet that Rowan could beat Galactic over there by himself.
they're not random, Andreia has encountered them again before ;) about Rowan, he was a gym leader for some years, whichand, back in his days, youngsters respected the elders more!

¡nueva página (7-2)! oh don't mind me, I'm bored

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)