• The Writer's Locke will be on hiatus from now until August 2nd. Read more about it here. Thanks for sticking by us. Looking forward to seeing you all again when we're back!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Written Story Hoenn Teen Mon Legends of Hoenn: a Pokemon Sapphire Lorelocke

Thread Description
schedule: lets try every other day (excluding weekends)

Corviknight best birb

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Lives by the words "I'll do it tomorrow"
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i'm back! I ended up wiping to winona, which means two things: 1. I lost and 2. Legends of Hoenn is returning! i'll start updating again tomorrow

Corviknight best birb

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
RubyClaw the worst part is that I had shiny linoone named tangerine in that run. hopefully this isn't an omen for what's to come.

Pine (grovyle)
Emily (linoone)
Kira (sandslash)
Radish (dustox)
Sushi (gyarados)
Squilliam (tentacruel)

Before I left Petalburg heard someone calling my name. It was Wally's father. He said he wanted to talk to me.
"Locke, I just wanted to tell you that ever since Wally left Verdanturf, he's been feeling healthier, and I wanna thank you for helping him. Not that this is a bribe or anything, but here." He then gave me the HM for surf.
"Thanks, but it's really no problem."
after that, we prepared to leave for Fortree.
That was definitely a bribe.
"Bribe or not, free stuff. Squilliam?"
I don't mind learning it at all.
"Thanks! You guys think there are any pokemon here?"
Unless you want some really wimpy ones, don't bother.
If she doesn't want wimpy pokemon, then why are you still on the team?
"Stop arguing you two, I found a marill."
Hey there! Oh, could you name me something cute?
"Hello. Would Daisy be a good name?"
Yeah!
Well, you're cute, but I already have a full team, so you're gonna have to go into the PC.
Awww, alright.

I had to make my way over to Mauville in order to get to Fortree.When I got there, Wattson saw me and called out my name.
"Hey Locke! I need your help!"
"What is it?"
"Would you to shut off the generator in New Mauville? We need to for safety precautions."
"Sure, I don't mind." After that, he gave me the key to New Mauville and told me where it was.
I came with you to get a berry, not run and old mans errands!
Can you stop complaining for one goddamn second!? No one is forcing you to be here, yet you act like you don't have a choice! Maybe you should be grateful you're still allowed here in the first place since all you do is insult us and complain!
But I don't have a choice! If I really had one, I would be in Fortree right now! But I couldn't get past the guard pokemon as a sandshrew, and I couldn't do much as one in the wild, something that a pokemon like you wouldn't understand! and even if I could, I wouldn't be able to reach the berry I need without the aid of a flying pokemon!
(sigh) look, maybe if you explain why you need the berry so much, I can understand why you say you have no choice.
...Fine. I'll tell you. I have a friend back at the desert that's been sick, and they need a special berry that grows in Fortree called the pamtre berry.
So you don't have a choice, because you need to help your friend...
Look, i'm really sorry about your friend, but that doesn't mean you have to be rude about it. Everyone would be happy to help if you'd stop complaining every 5 minutes.
Fine. I'll try being nicer.

We had finally arrived at New Mauville. Emily had gone off to explore, but soon came back holding something in her mouth
Hey, I found a free pokeball in here!
"Emily, that's not a pokeball!"
It's a voltorb, it's gonna blow!
I'm sorry guys!
"...it's not exploding" Emily dropped it, and after a few seconds, it said something. Kind of.
[SCANNING FOR USER ID] [ERROR] [USER ID NOT FOUND]
What's it doing?
[ASSESING COMMUNICATION EFFICIENCY]
That's a strange voltorb.
Please state your name
Well, you found it.
"I dunno if this is such a good idea-"
Emily.
"Okay then"
Greetings, master Emily.
So... What's your name?
I do not have a name. I am VOLT model A-58E.
I'll just call you A-58E.
As you wish, master Emily.
Please stop calling me master, it's just Emily. and uh, what exactly are you? What are you supposed to do?
As you wish, miss Emily. I am VOLT model A-58E. My purpose is to help humans in their daily lives. I have been discarded for [DATA-NOT-FOUND].
Ok, that last part freaks me out, can we box it now?
"I agree, that last part could be dangerous."
I guess...
I tried to throw a pokeball at it but it didn't work. "That's strange, does it not count as a pokemon?"
Guess not. It did say it was a model of something.
Well since it isn't a pokemon...
Kira was gonna slash it, but Emily jumped in her way.
Move, that thing's dangerous.
Oh c'mon! It's not like they're hurting anyone!
With all due respect miss Emily, please do not put yourself in danger for me. It is my job to make sure you do not get any injuries.
See, look at them! Please let them stay with us Locke!
"Fine, but you're responsible for them."
Thank you!
If your pet attacks me, i'm killing it no matter what.
Well this should be interestin'.
Can't say i'm too excited for this.
I guess it'll be fine, just keep an eye on them.
I trust Emily! I think it'll be fine!

well that's a long welcoming myself back chapter, isn't it

A-58E is boxed, but he's gonna be in the story for the sake of... story

Daisy the marill (water sprite)
A-58E the voltorb (ball lightning)
Cleaver the machop (dedicated martial artist)
Ditz the spinda (symbol of imperial authority)
Kel the seviper (Uwabami (Insatiable Hunger))
Srim the zubat (burned by the light)
Cranel the numel (The Majestic Allocamelus (Symbol Of Imperial Authority))
Tulip the roselia (thrown bouquet)
Coral the lileep (man-eating plant (blood thirst))

Screechier the whismur
Cucumber the Lombre
Comet the Lunatone

Pine: Royal Ancestry. Comes in effect when it evolves into Sceptile - Considered Royal. Won’t follow a commoner and will only follow another Royal in battle, meaning you can’t switch this pokemon into the battle if another pokemon who is not Royal is in the battle. Cancel this effect as long as it holds a King’s Rock.
Emily: Echinemon. Can’t switch out of battle against Dragon and Poison pokemon. Can’t use Dragon or Poison type moves. Can’t be in the same party with a pokemon whose main typing is Dragon or Poison. Must know a Ground type move if possible.
Kira: Baixian Incarnate (Chosen of Baixian) Whenever a pokemon is supposed to die from a lore rule or become paralyzed/sick/fatigued/cursed, 33% that you may prevent this effect if Sandshrew/Sandslash is in your party. Must know a Steel type move if possible.
Radish: Descendant of Leizu. Whenever you enter a new non-city route/area that has a tree in it you may feed Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly/Cascoon/Dustox once. After every three times it is fed you get 1 Silk. Silk can be treated as an item worth 5,000 pokeyen for the purpose of any lore rules. Must know the move String Shot if possible. It is considered Royal
Squilliam: Vile Poison. When you catch this pokemon, there is a 30% chance for every non-Poison/Steel pokemon that was damaged by this pokemon (or for the pokemon who leads the party in Let’s Go) to die from the deadly poison. (after the battle). If that pokemon was also poisoned in-game, change that to 50% to die. Must know at least one move that can cause poisoning if possible.
Sushi: The Grace of the Koi. Whenever you are near water you can choose to link or relink Magikarp with one pokemon on your team, and that pokemon loses its lorelocke as long as it is linked and both are at the same party (Can only have one pokemon linked to it at a time, and lose this ability and the link when it evolves into Gyarados). Magikarp/ Gyarados can't have more than two physical moves (even after it evolves).

Radish has 3 2/3 silk
Radish and Squilliam are wedlocked

Corviknight best birb

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
RubyClaw Emily is a mother now

fun fact: A-58E was supposed to be called threat due to it's lore rule

Pine (grovyle)
Emily (linoone)
Kira (sandslash)
Radish (dustox)
Sushi (gyarados)
Squilliam (tentacruel)
A-58E (voltorb that's technically boxed but isn't in the box for story purposes)

A-58E, would you mind leading us to the generator?
Of course not, miss Emily.
How do we know it's not leading us into a trap?
You're a ground type, what are they gonna do to you if it is? tackle you?
Whatever.

After a bit, A-58E lead us to the generator. I shared Kira's suspicions, but we were able to turn off the generator and leave without a problem.
I told you it wasn't a trap!
This time anyways.
I told wattson we turned off the generator, and he thanked us and gave me the thunderbolt TM. We then finally left for Fortree once more. After surfing to route 118, I ran into steven.
"Locke right? Good to see you again!"
"Uh, hey Steven. Good to see you too I guess." I barely know Steven and it feels like i'm supposed to be a long time friend.
"So i've been meaning to ask you, what do you think it means to be a pokemon trainer?"
I am not prepared for that question. "Uh... i'll... think about it. I'm in a hurry, so I better be going."
I quickly left to get a new pokemon.

Hey there! name's Zapper! what's your name?
"Name's Locke."
After I said that, he immediately started chasing A-58E, occasionally hitting them.
[SYSTEM ERROR]
Hey!
Emily was chasing Zapper away from A-58E.
I've never seen you that annoyed at a non poison type before.
Miss Emily, I request that you please do not put yourself in any danger to help me.
Emily was still concerned for them of course. I put Zapper in his ball.
"Alright, Radish, you know what to do."
If I may offer my assistance, I am able to transport your pokemon from here to the storage unit.
I wasn't sure, but I wanted to trust Emily's judgement of them. So I gave him the pokeball and he transported it somewhere, hopefully to the PC.

We ran into a house with a bunch of wingull and a woman in it.
"Y'know, I heard about a place called the cave of origin. it's rumored that the spirits of dead pokemon of revived there."
"Dead pokemon, huh..."

After walking a bit more, we came across a place called the weather institute. Team aqua was blocking the bridge, so I went inside to investigate.
"Pine, you might have to fight some more of those aqua guys. Think you can take it?"
I'll be fine.
After defeating all the other grunts, it was time for a battle with the admin.
"You really think that you could beat me? Ha, you're pathetic."
"We'll sea who's pathetic once I win"
I learned a new trick while battling those other grunts. I learned to sharpen the leaves on the sides of my hands to cut with them like a blade.
Pine had no trouble defeating her at all with his new move.
"Hmph! this isn't the last you'll see of team aqua! Quit meddling with team aqua if you know what's good for you."
The people at the weather institution wanted to give me a pokemon as thanks for helping them, but I didn't have room for it, so they told me to come pick it up later.
"Wow Pine, that was Amazing!"
Barely even a scratch!
Your performance was very efficient.
Thanks you, but what can I say, i'm a natural at this.
Heh, not bad twig.
Shut up.
i'm tired and I wanna sleep

Daisy the marill (water sprite)
A-58E the voltorb (ball lightning)
Cleaver the machop (dedicated martial artist)
Ditz the spinda (symbol of imperial authority)
Kel the seviper (Uwabami (Insatiable Hunger))
Srim the zubat (burned by the light)
Cranel the numel (The Majestic Allocamelus (Symbol Of Imperial Authority))
Tulip the roselia (thrown bouquet)
Coral the lileep (man-eating plant (blood thirst))
Zapper the electrike (Descendant of Fenrrir)

Screechier the whismur
Cucumber the Lombre
Comet the Lunatone

Pine: Royal Ancestry. Comes in effect when it evolves into Sceptile - Considered Royal. Won’t follow a commoner and will only follow another Royal in battle, meaning you can’t switch this pokemon into the battle if another pokemon who is not Royal is in the battle. Cancel this effect as long as it holds a King’s Rock.
Emily: Echinemon. Can’t switch out of battle against Dragon and Poison pokemon. Can’t use Dragon or Poison type moves. Can’t be in the same party with a pokemon whose main typing is Dragon or Poison. Must know a Ground type move if possible.
Kira: Baixian Incarnate (Chosen of Baixian) Whenever a pokemon is supposed to die from a lore rule or become paralyzed/sick/fatigued/cursed, 33% that you may prevent this effect if Sandshrew/Sandslash is in your party. Must know a Steel type move if possible.
Radish: Descendant of Leizu. Whenever you enter a new non-city route/area that has a tree in it you may feed Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly/Cascoon/Dustox once. After every three times it is fed you get 1 Silk. Silk can be treated as an item worth 5,000 pokeyen for the purpose of any lore rules. Must know the move String Shot if possible. It is considered Royal
Squilliam: Vile Poison. When you catch this pokemon, there is a 30% chance for every non-Poison/Steel pokemon that was damaged by this pokemon (or for the pokemon who leads the party in Let’s Go) to die from the deadly poison. (after the battle). If that pokemon was also poisoned in-game, change that to 50% to die. Must know at least one move that can cause poisoning if possible.
Sushi: The Grace of the Koi. Whenever you are near water you can choose to link or relink Magikarp with one pokemon on your team, and that pokemon loses its lorelocke as long as it is linked and both are at the same party (Can only have one pokemon linked to it at a time, and lose this ability and the link when it evolves into Gyarados). Magikarp/ Gyarados can't have more than two physical moves (even after it evolves).

Radish has 4 silk
Radish and Squilliam are wedlocked

Last edited:

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
You'd expect Zapper be more annoyed with Kira as a Descendant of Fenrrir, but I assume its hound genes kicking in are making it chase after the living pokeball? Must have some Yamper genes in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)