• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Written Story Hoenn Teen Mon legends of hoenn: a pokemon sapphire lorelocke

Thread Description
Updates are daily, except for weekends, and every other monday

Corviknight best birb

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Lives by the words "I'll do it tomorrow"
well, i'm not good at introductions so i'm just gonna get to the part where I explain what a lorelocke is. a lorelocke is a nuzlocke based on mythology. each pokemon will have a specific rule. and to decide that rule, I will use a number generate for numbers 1 through however many rules there are. for example, if I catch a tailow I could get a rule where I have to wedlocke it with another pokemon. but anyways, enjoy the story. or don't. i'm not your mom.

dupes clause
shiny clause
normal nuzlocke rules
battle style is set

after riding in a moving van, i'm finally in Hoenn. the pokemon movers had finished moving everything in after I set the clock."honey, come downstairs!" mom said. I asked her what she wanted. she said that professor birch wanted to see me.

wait, professor birch wanted to see me? why? could it be that i'm finally receiving a pokemon? I never sent in an application to become a trainer. I would've back in kanto, but it was too late by the time I filled it in. the three trainers were already picked.

no I wasn't lazy and sent in my application at the last minute!

okay so maybe I was. but that's not the point! anyways, I didn't know we were moving to Hoenn until a week ago, and by then applications were no longer being accepted.

well all that doesn't matter anyways, because it turns out he's out on field research. then I heard something. "Hi neighbor!" said a loud voice. a boy came into the lab. "whats your name?" he asked. "i'm Locke. whats your name?" I replied. "i'm Brendan. hmm, I kinda assumed you would be a guy since my dad said you were a gym leaders kid." wow, great first impression. I can tell we wont be getting along anytime soon. he said he had to help his dad with something and left. I decided to leave the lab too. "H-help me!" a voice came from the route 101. I ran over to see what what was going on. the professor was being attack by a poochyena! he told me to take a pokemon from his bag. I took the gecko looking pokemon and fought off the poochyena. after saving him, we went back to his lab. he said he would let me keep the pokemon I used to battle.

wait, really?! "but I didn't fill out an application! what about the other trainers?" "well, I haven't chosen the trainers yet. and by the way you battled, I think you deserve it."

this is really happening! i'm gonna become a pokemon trainer! he said the pokemon I have is a treeko. I named him Pine.
Pine? really? that's the best you can do for royalty like me? ugh, why did I expect more from a lowly commoner such as yourself?
"wait, you can talk?" the professor quickly answered my question. "well Locke, trainers are able to understand the pokemon they catch, and pokemon are able to understand their trainer. it is unknown why wild pokemon and human cant understand each other, but we're looking into that."interesting." I said. after that talk, Birch insisted I should go see his son. annoyed, I said yes.
who's this Brendan kid? is he another commoner?
"yes, and I don't like him." we made it to Oldale town, where someone gave us a free potion. I decided to go in, and saw that they didn't even sell pokeballs! after buying some antidotes, awakenings, and paralyze heals, I left. after more complaining from pine, we unfortunately made it to Brendan. then he wants to battle. and he of course has the fire bird. arceus dammit. im glad I got that free potion, pine barely survived.
dammit woman! your incompetence nearly got me killed! be a little more careful next time.
well, at least he leveled up twice and learned absorb. "I can see why dad picked you, I mean, you and your pokemon already care about each other!" "if only" pine and I both said at the same time.
I can see why you don't like that kid.
and thats the first chapter! sorry that there wasn't a lot of action, there will be more in the next chapter. feel free to criticize the story.

pine: royal ancestry. this takes place as a sceptile. wont follow a commoner, and cannot switch into battle if the pokemon in battle is not another royal. holding a kings rock cancels this effect

Last edited:

Corviknight best birb

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
ok so i'm changing the schedule from weekly to daily, since i'm getting chapters done faster than I thought. anyways, here's the next chapter. I dont have much to say so lets just jump into it

After healing my pokemon in the pokemon center, I left oldale town to speak to birch. Unfortunately I was too fast and Brendan was there. Apparently Brendan has been a trainer for a long time. If his fire type can’t beat my grass type, I wanna know what the hell he's been doing for that long time. But anyways, I was given a pokedex. “Hey Locke, you need some pokeballs, right? Here you go!” annoyed, I accepted brendans gift. Free stuff is free stuff I guess.

“Wait Locke!” mom exclaimed. While I was away, birch explained everything to my mom so I didn’t have to. She gave me a pair of running shoes. “Be careful Locke. It can be dangerous.” “I know mom.” with a smile, she said “I love you.” “I love you too. Don't miss me too much.”

So that was your mom?
“Yeah.”
So where's your dad?
“...My dad was never around. He was always too busy with his gym. And whenever he got a day off he would always spend it with his pokemon and never with mom and I. He doesn't care about either of us, and I hate him for it.”
...Sorry if I brought up a sensitive topic
“Considering how rude you are, I didn’t actually expect an apology.”
Accept my damn apology or i’ll never apologize again.
“Ok ok, I accept it.” and with that, we were off. Our first encounter was a wurmple. I decided it wasn’t worth it, as pine could have died to it easily. He wasn’t too happy about that. But a few battles later he forgot about it. Probably.

After making it to Oldale town, we healed and bought some potions. On route 103, we ran into a zigzagoon. After a couple pounds from pine, we were able to catch this one. I named her emily.
Who is brave enough to capture me, the dragon slayer?
dragon slayer? You could barely slay a leaf. How many dragon types have you slain?
Well… uhm… erm… you don't get to judge me! What makes you better than me?!
I’ll have you know I am a descendant of the first pokemon to ever belong to a king!
“Now guys, be nice. You’re gonna be on the same team, so start acting like teammates instead of enemies.”
You’ve been warned!
*mumbling* Filthy commoner

After training Emily a bit, we were ambushed by a lotad on route 102! Luckily no one sustained any fatal injuries, and after some tackles from Emily, we caught her. I named her cucumber.
Welcome to-
What the hell! You could have killed me! You should be lucky you’re allowed on this so-called team!
I-i-i’m so sorry! R-really! I heard something coming and thought you were gonna eat me!
Like I would waste my time trying to eat something like you anyways.
Don't listen to him, he thinks he’s better than everyone else because of his ancestry or whatever. You’re a part of this team no matter what!
Thanks. You’re really nice.
“Pine, at least make an attempt to be nice to the others. Anyways, we gotta get going.”

We had a fight with someone named Calvin. Emily and Pine took down his zigzagoon together.
Take that!
whatever
“Good job you two!”
then came a bug catcher. First came wurmple cucumber took it down with astonish easily. I let Emily fight the next one, and she took it down with tackle. After the battle, emily leveled up twice and learned tail whip
those pokemon are no match for us!
I guess we did do a good job!
so that was the second chapter. it was a pain to edit since I was copy-pasting stuff and I had to write it in script form first so I didn't forget who has what dialogue. also, tell me if I need to change any colors for easier reading. and as you can see, I got lucky when catching cucumber

Pine: royal ancestry. this takes place as a sceptile. wont follow a commoner, and cannot switch into battle if the pokemon in battle is not another royal. holding a kings rock cancels this effect.
Emily: echinemon. cant switch out of battle against dragon or poison pokemon. cannot use dragon or poison type moves. cant be in the same part with a pokemon whose main typing is dragon or poison, must know a ground type move if possible.
Cucumber: kappa ambush. If was met in water - choose a random pokemon in your party. 50% it dies, unless that pokemon is Water type or knows Surf. If met on land – choose a random pokemon in your party. 50% it dies, change that to 25% instead if you have a pokemon in your party with a Fighting type move. Change that to 10% if the pokemon with the Fighting type move is the one being targeted.

Corviknight best birb

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
chapter three time bois. as usual I have nothing to say so lets just go right in.
pine
emily
cumber

After healing up at the center, I found some berries. Two oran and two pecha. I of course gave Emily a pecha berry, since she just refuses to switch out when battling poison types. Cucumber and pine both got oran berries. We ran into a trainer on our way to Petalburg. Not like i'm very excited about the trip though. My father’s gym is there. Anyways, during the fight, this kid had two zigzagoons. Unfortunately, cucumber’s only attacking move is astonish, so Pine had to fight this trainer. They both leveled up though, so it wasn’t that bad.
I’m sorry I couldn’t be more help
As usual, i’m pulling all the weight in this “team”
“It's alright cucumber, just ignore pine.” After I said that, pine started grumbling. And we finally arrived in Petalburg. Hurray.

I decided to talk to some people, and even one of the trainers got the same feeling I did about his pokemon. “Seems like this guy lives for pokemon. In a way, it's kinda… off putting.” the trainer said. “Tell me about it!” I had replied. After that he gave me a few tips, and we parted ways. Then this guy insisted I go check out the gym. I guess the others could tell I was feeling nervous.
*sigh* Look, I know you're nervous about seeing you father after…
“Two years”
Two years, but you’re gonna be alright. Just stay calm
“Wow Pine, that’s actually pretty sweet of you to say”
Don’t get used to it. I just don’t want people to see my trainer looking like a nervous wreck. Then people won't take me seriously, and I won’t get the respect I deserve!
“Alright, alright. Whatever you say.
Pine's right. You’ve got us behind you as well!
“Thanks guys.” and so, I went in.

“Well if it isn’t Locke! How long has it been? One-” “two years. It’s been two years.” “right, right. Can’t believe you got here all by yourself. Oh, I see you have your pokemon with you. So you're gonna become a trainer just like me! I didn’t think you were interested.” give me some time to breathe for Arceus’ sake. Besides, i’ll be nothing like you. “Yeah, whatever. Course you would know I wanted to be a trainer ever since I was ten if you were ever around.” “cmon, no need to be so harsh!” Then, some kid named Wally came in. my father told me to help him catch a pokemon. Any opportunity to get away from him is a welcome one, so I eagerly said yes, and we got to catching.
He sure does talk a lot, huh?
“Yeah.”

“So uh, locke, how do you like being a trainer so far?” not a great question, considering I had just started, but he was trying to make conversation, so I just answered with fine. “Whoah, a ralts!” he exclaimed. “Pretty rare encounter. Good job” “really? Wow! My very first pokemon is a rare encounter.” unfortunately, we had to go and return my fathers pokemon. Then Wally had to leave. “Er, th-thanks locke. For helping me catch a pokemon” and with that he was off. “So uh… anyways, I better get back to my pokemon, er, gym. Just head to Rustboro” as usual, he left to be with his pokemon.

I caught a wurmple on route 104. I named him radish.
Oh? What is this? A little worm? Hmph.
Worm? Worm?! I am no mere worm, twig! I’ll have you know, I am a direct descendant of the first beautifly king and dustox queen!
hm? Well, I am no mere twig. I am a descendant of the first pokemon to belong to a king. Nice to see someone who can actually meet my standards.

so that's it for this chapter. as usual, it was a pain to edit. I'm posting a poll right after this regarding emily. also im going to post something before I write chapter 4 tomorrow.

Pine: Royal Ancestry. Comes in effect when it evolves into Sceptile - Considered Royal. Won’t follow a commoner and will only follow another Royal in battle, meaning you can’t switch this pokemon into the battle if another pokemon who is not Royal is in the battle. Cancel this effect as long as it holds a King’s Rock.
Emily: Echinemon. Can’t switch out of battle against Dragon and Poison pokemon. Can’t use Dragon or Poison type moves. Can’t be in the same party with a pokemon whose main typing is Dragon or Poison. Must know a Ground type move if possible.
Cucumber: Kappa Ambush. If was met in water - choose a random pokemon in your party. 50% it dies, unless that pokemon is Water type or knows Surf. If met on land – choose a random pokemon in your party. 50% it dies, change that to 25% instead if you have a pokemon in your party with a Fighting type move. Change that to 10% if the pokemon with the Fighting type move is the one being targeted.
Radish: Descendant of Leizu. Whenever you enter a new non-city route/area that has a tree in it you may feed Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly/Cascoon/Dustox once. After every three times it is fed you get 1 Silk. Silk can be treated as an item worth 5,000 pokeyen for the purpose of any lore rules. Must know the move String Shot if possible. It is considered Royal.

Last edited:

Corviknight best birb

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
alright, since no one answered the poll, i'm not gonna count it. anyways I have no idea how many people are still reading this, but thats not gonna stop me from writing it. so here we go!

pine
emily
cucumber
radish

after catching Radish, we ran into a taillow. I quickly switched to emily, who landed a crit on it.
Take that you flying rattata!
after that battle, I found a couple of oran berries and gave them to Radish and Cucumber. then some rich guy battled us. radish was able to poison his zigzagoon and emily finished it off
Good job Emily!
Well thanks! You too!
after the battle we received 1,400 pokeyen. That's good for a few potions. Then, we entered Petalburg woods.
I-It's kinda spooky here...
Calm down scaredy-skitty. It's just a bunch of trees.
Well, I guess, b-but it's so dark...
Wait, are you afraid of the dark? How the hell did you sleep at night?
Pay no attention to him. It's perfectly fine to be scared of the dark!
Hey guys, pay attention! its a pokemon!
"A shroomish!" I was excited. I liked shroomish. then, I realized I only had one pokeball. I couldn't take any risks. it had to be in the red. unfortunately, Radish fainted it with a crit tackle. "goddammit! we could've had a really good pokemon on our team!"
Sorry, I was only trying to help.
I felt bad after shouting, and quickly apologized. Luckily he forgave me, and we moved on.

I ended up finding a pokeball on the ground. convenient. We fought a bug catcher. Radish took out all his first three wurmple easily. Emily took out the other three. then, Radish evolved into cascoon! "Good job you two! and good job evolving Radish!"
Check out my cool new form!
Congratulations I guess.
Cool! I cant wait till I evolve!
Wow, you're all spiky now!
"alright guys, we gotta hurry to Rustboro."

Soon, we ran into some Devon company employee. He was being attacked by someone from team aqua, whatever that is. Since he didn't have any pokemon, I had to defend him. I sent out pine to deal with this poochyena. I got really scared when it landed a critical hit, but pine just barely survived.

GODDAMIT! this is second time you almost got me killed!
"I was scared too! I didn't think it would be a critical!"
Whatever. I'll probably die from annoyance anyways.

after the battle, I got a great ball as thanks. we ran into a bug catcher with a nincada. pine, cucumber, and emily took them out. after that, we soon exited the forest. And of course, some lady wanted to immediately fight us. s usual, Pine took care of the zigzagoon, and finally, we arrived in Rustboro.

ok so this chapter is one of the worse ones but I don't feel like rewriting it so we're gonna have to deal with it.

Pine: Royal Ancestry. Comes in effect when it evolves into Sceptile - Considered Royal. Won’t follow a commoner and will only follow another Royal in battle, meaning you can’t switch this pokemon into the battle if another pokemon who is not Royal is in the battle. Cancel this effect as long as it holds a King’s Rock.
Emily: Echinemon. Can’t switch out of battle against Dragon and Poison pokemon. Can’t use Dragon or Poison type moves. Can’t be in the same party with a pokemon whose main typing is Dragon or Poison. Must know a Ground type move if possible.
Cucumber: Kappa Ambush. If was met in water - choose a random pokemon in your party. 50% it dies, unless that pokemon is Water type or knows Surf. If met on land – choose a random pokemon in your party. 50% it dies, change that to 25% instead if you have a pokemon in your party with a Fighting type move. Change that to 10% if the pokemon with the Fighting type move is the one being targeted.
Radish: Descendant of Leizu. Whenever you enter a new non-city route/area that has a tree in it you may feed Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly/Cascoon/Dustox once. After every three times it is fed you get 1 Silk. Silk can be treated as an item worth 5,000 pokeyen for the purpose of any lore rules. Must know the move String Shot if possible. It is considered Royal

1/3 complete

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Almost missed this thread, I should check the new runs section more often. Really great seeing another lorelocke! And of Hoenn which is really interesting to see and an opportunity to see all the new rules tested in their home region (I'm also doing a Sapphire Advanced Lorelocke as we speak).

Fun little team, you got quite lucky with Cucumber not killing anyone (really cute name), Pine's rule is pretty useful early on as you have a lot of time to find a solution to it before it becomes bothersome, and by then it wouldn't take you too long to get a King's Rock if you would want (and also Raddish being a Royal could help).

Oh, too bad you lost that Shroomish, really useful pokemon. Still, things are looking overall pretty good and you have a possible solution for both Roxanne (Pine) and Brawly (Radish). Best of luck! I'll be following.

Corviknight best birb

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
RubyClaw yeah. I decided to do sapphire because I did a failed chesslocke and I feel like i'm avenging my dead team. and I wasn't sure if I should go for it, but I really like lotad so I figured it would be fine, and named her cucumber since kappas like cucumber .

pine
emily
cucumber
radish

after arriving in Rustboro, I went to the pokemart to stack up on a few things, then went to the center to heal. I quickly went to route 116 to train up.

"all right guys, we got a lot of training ahead of us, so if we wanna challenge the gym we better hurry." while trainer, we had a close encounter with nincada, but everyone ended up being ok.
As usual, you almost kill me.
"oh come on. I knew you would be okay."
Sure you did.
Guys come quick! I'm evolving!
little did I know that radish evolving was gonna be a big problem.
You're a poison type
So?
Poison types are just as bad as dragon types! your kind are scum!
I suggest you watch what you say, shorty!
I'm BARELY a poison type. I mostly a bug type!
Poison is poison no matter what!
Oh, so when i'm a cascoon you have no problems with me, but now i'm a dustox, so i'm the scum of the earth!? I see how it is.
You pesky poison types need to go back where you belong!
A peasant like you doesn't get to speak to him like that! I think it's commoners like you who should leave!
G-guys! Please stop fighting! we're supposed to be team, remember?

Then I'm not gonna be apart of this team anymore!
"Emily, wait!"
Don't bother. once we get that gym badge without her, she'll come crawling back to us.
"I hope..." Truthfully, I was worried about Emily. but there's nothing much we can do until then besides fight Roxanne.

sorry for the short chapter, but It was mostly grinding. I also caught a whismur but it died immediately afterwards so yeah.

Radish: Descendant of Leizu. Whenever you enter a new non-city route/area that has a tree in it you may feed Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly/Cascoon/Dustox once. After every three times it is fed you get 1 Silk. Silk can be treated as an item worth 5,000 pokeyen for the purpose of any lore rules. Must know the move String Shot if possible. It is considered Royal

1 full silk

Corviknight best birb

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
new chapter time. this will be battling Roxanne

pine
emily
cucumber
radish

I'll show them. when I come back super strong, they'll be begging me to come back to their team!
Hey Emily, Is that you?
Oh! hey Shine!
How are you?
I'm ok I guess. How are you.
Oh, I'm fine. What were you shouting about?

Oh. just my team.
What?! but it's been you're dream to be a part of a real team for years! What happened?
There was this cascoon named radish, and I got angry when he evolved into a dustox. Then we started arguing, and then I said I didn't wanna be a part of the team anymore.
Look Emily, I know you hate poison types, but dustox are mostly bug types!
That's what he said...
Why don't you go back? I'm sure that if you apologized they'll let you back in the team!
I don't know, there's this really stubborn treecko, and i'm not sure he'll forgive me.
Well, you won't know until you try! And if they Don't let you back in, you can always come back home.
Yeah, you're right! Thanks Shine!

It was time for my first gym battle. I led with Cucumber. It was an easy win against her Geodude. Then it was time for her nosepass. it kept using harden so I had Cucumber use growl on it so it wouldn't hurt Pine too badly. sure enough, when it hit Cucumber it didn't do a thing. Pine nearly died to a strong rock throw, but he pulled through it. Finally, we did it. "good job. here's you're reward." Roxanne gave us the stone badge, the rock tomb TM, and 1,500 pokeyen. "thanks." I said. Then, something great happened.
Guys! Look! I evolved!
Well, for a commoner, you fight pretty well.
O-oh, really? thanks! You fight really well too!
Good job! You two did great! Congratulations on evolving, Cucumber!
still, someone was missing. Emily. I decided we should look for her.

"Emily! Please come out!
Emily, please come back! You're the nicest pokemon i've ever met, and I don't know what I would do without you!
Guys! I'm really really sorry! Especially to you Radish! I was being selfish, and I know you're mostly a bug type! I'm sorry for calling you scum, so could I please come back to the team?
*sigh* Well, I guess I don't mind you returning. If Locke doesn't mind taking you back, I guess i'll be okay with it.
Hmmm, I suppose i'll forgive you this time. but you're gonna have to do a lot more than apologize if you want me to trust you again.
Of course i'll forgive you! Locke, can you please let her back on the team?
"Course I will! While you were away, we got the boulder badge."
Thank you so much! I promise i'll make it up to Radish! and Cucumber, you evolved! Congratulations!
Heh, yeah. thanks.

well that's it for chapter 6. I panicked when roxanne landed a crit on pine. 2 hp he survived on. luckily I had a super potion. I was also really lucky she kept using harden.

1 full silk

Last edited:

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
(That's exactly why Cucumber is a great name, plus it is quite adorable). Great job, sounds like a tense battle but you made it. I do wonder what will happen if a main-type Poison pokemon will want to join the team.

Corviknight best birb

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
considering how Emily handled Radish, she wouldn't be too happy about it.

I figured that it's a good time to mention that I ban rare candy, x items, and repels in my nuzlockes.

pine
emily
cucumber
radish

After we found Emily, there was some guy running off with a package, and someone else chasing after him. it turned out to be that Devon employee from the woods. Turns out it was one of those team aqua guys stealing something from this guy. I felt bad and decided to help. turns out that this guy also stole some old mans pokemon, who I also retrieved. they were hiding in rusturf tunnel. we ended up fighting.
Hey locke, I learned a new attack while I was away! Take this! Headbutt!
"Nice job Emily! Not even a scratch!" Thanks to Emily's new move, the fight was easy. I returned the wingull and the package. I went into a house nearby and learned that there was a man who was digging through the tunnel with his bare hands. I was impressed.

Emily was able to cut down small trees, so we could get to new areas to train in. Emily tore through the other pokemon, though needed help from Radish with a shroomish.
Thanks!
mhm.

turns out Pine's able to learn rock tomb. that could be useful in the future. Anyways the Devon employee gave me a a great as thanks for returning the stolen package. He also asked me to deliver the package to someone Slateport. I assumed I would be getting paid and said yes. He then told the president would like to speak with me. he praised me on how I helped the Devon corporation out and asked me to deliver a letter to Steven in Dewford. I said yes since i'm going there anyways. He gave me a pokenav in return. I told him thanks and we were on our way to Dewford.

I ran into Brendan. "Oh, hey Locke! How's your pokedex coming along?" He asked. "fine I guess" well, at least he didn't want to battle. While I was going through petalburg woods, someone gave me a miracle seed. I gave it to Cucumber.
This'll make me stronger right? Thanks!

We got into a few more battles, but Emily took care of them easily.
Pokemon shall tremble before me!
We finally reached Mr. Briney, who took us to Dewford. In Dewford, someone gave us a silk scarf.
Oh, can I have it?
"why not." I gave Emily the silk scarf. She seemed to really like it.
You look great with it on!
Aww, thanks!
Someone else gave me a fishing rod. People seem very generous today. I decided to enter granite cave. unfortunately it was too dark, and I couldn't use flash without Brawly's gym badge. I decided to start training up radish.

That's it for chapter 7. I got some pretty nice held items.

1 full silk

Last edited:

Corviknight best birb

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
new chapter new pokemon

Pine
Emily
cucumber
radish

while fishing, we encountered a magikarp. I named her sushi. she took a quick liking to emily.
waddaya want? and get off me!
I don't think she's gonna budge
I decided to head into granite cave. I got a zubat. unfortunately I had to box it because of emily.
No way! That zubat has a main type poison! Not on this team! It'll poison us when we aren't looking and eat us!
"fine, fine. i'll box it."
I can't see shit in this cave!
Hey, I can feel something weird
"it's an everstone! that's money!

after wandering in the dark, we finally found Steven."a pokenav? i'm assuming you got that from my father." "yeah, he asked me to give this to you." I handed him the letter. "I must thank you in some way for coming all the way out here to deliver this. here, take this TM" he gave me steel wing. unfortunately, no one could learn it. "thanks Steven." he had to be off. he seems like a nice guy. after that, we got the hell out of that cave.
FINALLY! it feels like we've been in there for hours, and this stupid magikarp wasn't helping!
oh c'mon, it's not like she's trying to weigh you down!

on route 106, I caught a tentacool. I named him squilliam.
Ugh, I guess i'll allow it.
C'mon Emily, i'm sure it won't be so bad.
As if we needed more dead weight.
I can hear you y'know.

and there we go! now for a question, should I allow EXP share? also yes, I did just look up a map of granite cave. also don't worry about squilliam's lore-rule, radish fought him
Squilliam: Vile Poison When you catch this pokemon, there is a 30% chance for every non-Poison/Steel pokemon that was damaged by this pokemon (or for the pokemon who leads the party in Let’s Go) to die from the deadly poison. (after the battle). If that pokemon was also poisoned in-game, change that to 50% to die. Must know at least one move that can cause poisoning if possible.
Sushi: The Grace of the Koi Whenever you are near water you can choose to link or relink Magikarp with one pokemon on your team, and that pokemon loses its lorelocke as long as it is linked and both are at the same party (Can only have one pokemon linked to it at a time, and lose this ability and the link when it evolves into Gyarados). Magikarp/ Gyarados can't have more than two physical moves (even after it evolves)

Radish has 1 full silk
Sushi is linked to pine

Srim the zubat (burned by the light)

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
All useful catches, though too bad you can't add Srim to the team for now. Well done negating Squilliam's lorerule. Umm I usually don't use the Exp Share myself, especially not the modern version of it which I find a bit OP (In Gen 8 it is absolutely annoying). However A) It's your game, and feel free to use it, grinding can be really annoying especially in the older gens. B) You are playing a Gen 3 game where the Exp Share is far less powerful and more balanced. So if you want to, go for it.

Good luck!

Corviknight best birb

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
RubyClaw i'll probably use EXP share because I hate grinding.

I should've started grinding before writing this but I was tired and took a nap instead.

Pine
Emily
Cucumber
Radish
Sushi
Squilliam

After selling the everstone, I returned to the Devon Corporation and spoke to Mr. Stone. He gave me an EXP share, which I gave to sushi.
Are you kidding me? how come the rest of us have to work while she get's her experience handed to her?!
"she can't fight very well. how else is she gonna evolve?"
If that thing can't even fight, it doesn't deserve to evolve!
Pine! it's not her fault she's like this!
I shouldn't expect a commoner to understand. It doesn't even talk!
With the way you talk about her, you better hope she doesn't evolve!
Enough! You two shouldn't be arguing like children!
"thank you Squilliam. Now we need to get to Slateport, and I would appreciate if you could stop arguing for the trip."

This damn machop is too strong!
Put me in! I'll be fine!
No! We can't! I don't want you to get hurt! I-I can keep fighting
"I don't have enough potions to keep healing you all!"
Then put the stupid magikarp in so one of us can attack!
No. I'll do it. I have confusion.
"I dunno, you're two levels below it...
It's either put me in or pray to arceus it misses enough times.
"Fine, i'll put you in."
Well, here goes nothing.
We managed to defeat it with Radish's confusion. I hate machop. After that, Squilliam nearly died to a zigzagoon.

I went into the seashore house, and this guy said I could get a reward for beating all the trainers in the area. I was gonna do that anyways. after battling everyone, I got half a dozen bottles of soda pop.

on route 110, I found an electrike. Pine unfortunately killed it though. On the bright side, Pine finally evolved.
Hmph. Hopefully you all know your places by now.
Great, another reason for you to look down on us.
Clearly, some people still don't get it. Besides radish and I, everyone here is a lowely commoner!
What's your problem!? Why do you think you're better than everyone else just because of some ancestry!? Radish is the descendant of a king and queen, and he doesn't make a huge deal out of it!
Ugh, this is exactly why I left my last team.

you know you messed up when Cucumber gets mad. also I really hate machop. and we have a bit of a problem, I accidentally deleted string shot for gust on radish. I already saved so I can't go back. what should I do?

Squilliam: Vile Poison When you catch this pokemon, there is a 30% chance for every non-Poison/Steel pokemon that was damaged by this pokemon (or for the pokemon who leads the party in Let’s Go) to die from the deadly poison. (after the battle). If that pokemon was also poisoned in-game, change that to 50% to die. Must know at least one move that can cause poisoning if possible.
Sushi: The Grace of the Koi Whenever you are near water you can choose to link or relink Magikarp with one pokemon on your team, and that pokemon loses its lorelocke as long as it is linked and both are at the same party (Can only have one pokemon linked to it at a time, and lose this ability and the link when it evolves into Gyarados). Magikarp/ Gyarados can't have more than two physical moves (even after it evolves)

Sushi is linked to pine
Radish has 1 silk

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Squilliam was in another team before? Interesting. I think Cucumber is my favorite of the bunch :).

Umm about String Shot when you'll finally get to the move reminder you should bring it back of course, but until then, well, if it were me I'd decide on one move it has and ban it from using it until I'll get String Shot back as a punishment, but that's up to you.

Corviknight best birb

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
oh yeah, this story has lore now. I don't think anyone saw that coming. and i'll be banning the move tackle from being used or deleted, since that was the move I was supposed to delete before my DS decided to be funne and press down half a second before I press A

every time I miss a day of uploading, my schedule wants to say adios, but I won't let it.

Pine
Emily
Cucumber
Radish
Sushi
Squilliam

Old team? Why did you leave them?
I already told, you.
"well could you give us more detail?"
Fine, fine. We were a team of four. Me, a magikarp, a feebas, and a goldeen. My old trainer was a fisherman. The problem was, the team had no coordination. Everyday was a new argument. Who was more useful, or, who would evolve first. We rarely ever won battles, and I realized that if we would never get stronger like that. So one day, while we were battling another tentacool, I left. Now i'll admit, this team isn't that bad about arguing. Well, 'cept the grovyle.
Oh, so suddenly the new team member knows more than me? Well i'm sorry that I have to be the leader so this team survives!
Um, well, cucumber has a point. You're always kinda rude about you're ancestry
What?! Well if you all think you'll be fine without me, go ahead! And don't try to get my help!
Pine, that's not what I-
But before Radish could finish, Pine went into his pokeball.
...said
Oh, don't worry about it. she'll forget about it later.
"well let's hope he wasn't serious about the no helping part." I guess we'll have train without him.

I was able to find Captain stern and give him the Devon parts at the oceanic museum, but those team aqua guys stopped us. and it was then I realized
I would have to switch to pine. I knew he wouldn't be happy, but the carvanha they have look real focused. I knew he was the only one who could take any strong hits.
What are you doing dammit?! I told you not to call on me!
"I know, but we really need your help. I'm not sure if anyone else can take a hit from them."
Ugh, I should really be getting paid for this. If I die, I want my last words to be damn you locke.
luckily, he survived. and after that, we were threatened by the leader of team aqua.

No comment about how weak we are for needing your help?
Well I wasn't gonna say anything, but if you insist-
Not that you have to say anything!
Alright then.
You're acting weird. Are you sick?
What? No.
Well, you didn't insult anyone besides locke yet, are you sure nothings wrong?
Look, I don't want this team to fail because of me.
That's uh, nice. thanks for helping us out back there.
Maybe this team'll work out after all.

Finally. I always get nervous when someone uses focus energy, because I swear that crit rates are higher in older gens, and I don't wanna add an even higher chance. also Emily learned sand attack! now i'm stuck with that until she can learn dig.

I completely forgot Archie calls the two guys that battle you in the museum simps. Gamefreak had no idea that the definition would change.

I'm not sure i'll be able to upload tomorrow due to family stuff (nothing bad, don't worry), but with all that being said, i'm tired so i'm going to sleep.

Radish has 1 full silk
Sushi is linked to pine

Last edited:

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
I love your bite-sized updates method, but as I told you don't worry too much about missing a day once in a while.

Cool learning about the backstory of the group, and it seems that even with all the disagreements they are starting to form some sort of bond together.

Corviknight best birb

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
yeah I know I shouldn't be worried about missing a day, but I feel like the schedule wants to get messed up every time I do

It feels like it would be boring to just have every character have no backstory, but at the same time, it feels too unrealistic (yeah I know this is a game about fake animals with added rules about mythological things, but just bare with me here) for every character to have some big dramatic backstory.

I forgot to charge my DS last time so it died. luckily I have my charger in an accessible area. I kinda wanna play splatoon rn, but the schedule is more important. and for anyone wondering how squilliam and sushi get around, squilliam travels in a bucket of water, but sushi doesn't need to. why? because in pokepark 2, there's a magikarp that stays outside water. so magikarp don't need water and you can't tell me otherwise.

Pine
Emily
Cucumber
Radish
Sushi
Squilliam

We trained up a little in the gym. After that, I did some training in Slateport.
Those damn plusle and minun!
Ugh, can I finally move?
I'm starting to hate electric types more thane dragon types.
"Alright everyone, I think we're fine to fight Brawly."
Uhh, are you sure? Radish is strong, but is he strong enough for Brawly?
I'll be fine.

I had Radish go first, but after I saw radish looking worried, I switched to pine,
You alright?
I-I'll be fine.
Ugh, be careful. this guy's tough.
a few confusions later, we took out machop. now, it was time for his ace.
"I'm not sure this is such a good idea anymore... Maybe we should forfeit."
No way! Some glorified sack won't scare me!
Look kid, this pokemon might not look like much, but fighting types hit hard, even with your resistance.
Squilliam's right y'know. you saw what that machop did to me.
We gotta get that badge! what do you think everyone will say if we forfeit now? I don't want us to be known as the team that forfeited on the second gym!
"Well, I guess if you're sure, then i'll keep fighting!
It kept using knock off. I was worried, but it didn't do much damage. Then, finally, Radish landed the final hit.
"congratulations. You've done well, but it only gets harder. But for now, you've earned the knuckle badge and this TM." "Thank you. Good job Radish!"
You did good, kid.
I guess you did alright.
Congratulations Radish!
Nice job!
Thanks everyone!

sorry for the short chapter, but it's back to your regularly irregular updates.

Radish has 1 full silk
Sushi is linked to pine

Corviknight best birb

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
sorry I didn't post anything yesterday, I got really tired. Now we can go back to the normal schedule.

Pine
Emily
Cucumber
Radish
Sushi
Squilliam

After defeating Brawly, I went back to Slateport. After selling a few things, I bought some potions and pokeballs, healed up, and did some more training on route 110. we ran into a pair with a plusle and minun
We've got these two!
Do they have to be so annoying?
You just worry about fighting them, i'll throw sand at them!
What's that gonna do?
You'll see, but they won't!
After a long battle, we finally won.
"No fair, you kept throwing sand at our pokemon!" one said. "Liv, part of becoming good trainers is learning to accept loss." the other said. I left to fight some other trainers while they were talking. The next trainer had a skitty.
Is every trainer we fight gonna be this annoying? For Arceus' sake, it's like-
and then the skitty cut him off with sing. after finally taking it down, I decided we should evolve Sushi. the next trainer we fought wasn't much of a challenge. just a couple magikarp and a tentacool.
This damn aron. Oh, great! an electric type right after it! wonderful.
I swear route 110 has the most annoying pokemon. I refuse to fight plusle anymore. I had decided it was about time to teach Pine bullet seed.
Finally, a useful move.
I also decided to teach squilliam cut due to his lack of moves.
Well, it's better than what i'll learn 'till i'm a tentacruel.

I decided to enter the weird house on route 110, but when I entered, no on was there. I was about to leave until Emily saw someone
Hey, there's someone under this desk!
a man came out from under the desk. "I suppose your zigzagoon found me. Well, behold! For I am the greatest living mystery in all of hoenn! they call me... the trick master!" he said "you were hiding under a desk, how is that a trick?" "Uh... hey You've come to accept my challenge, right?" "not real-"
"great, i'll be waiting behind this scroll!" okay, wow, good talk.
We should probably leave...
No way, there could be something good in there!
"If anything bad happens, i'll have you guys. i'm gonna go in."
turns out there were a bunch of trainers! We could finally get some battle experience!
I wouldn't mind this so much if I didn't have to cut down everything.
"think about it this way, you and sushi might be able to evolve soon after we fight all these trainers"
I guess.

after making it through the first room, the trick master gave me rare candy. I think these sell for a lot.

I hate route 110, it has the most annoying pokemon.
the f in grinding stands for fun

Sushi is linked to pine
radish has 1 2/3 silk

Last edited:

Corviknight best birb

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
RubyClaw unfortunately I have to deal with it, since plusle give the highest exp out of all the pokemon I can encounter

hello again, i'll finally be able to fight rival 2.
Pine
Emily
Cucumber
Radish
Sushi
Squilliam

After training for a bit, Emily finally evolved!
Wow! I never thought I would actually be excited to evolve!
"what do you mean?"
Well, linoone don't normally last long in the wild. We can only go in straight lines, so it's hard to catch any prey. The only reason zigzagoon and linoone are still alive is because of sheer numbers. I always wanted to evolve, but I knew I couldn't out in the wild. I guess that's why I always wanted to be captured.
Real shame. It's unfortunate that evolution can be a burden to pokemon.
"yeah. I guess in a way, it's lucky I captured you."
Yeah, Now with all that being said...
Emily then jumped up on Cucumber's head.
A perfect fit! Oh, you don't mind, do you Cucumber?
O-oh no, not at all!
Good, because I don't know how else I would get around!
KARP!
While we were talking, Sushi was ready to evolve!
"Two evolutions in one day! nice!
Ooohhh no
FINALLY! I was tired of not being able to speak!
Sushi! Buddy! So uh, about all that stuff I said before... you know I was kidding, r-right? N-no hard feelings right?
You... I regret trying to stick with you! I could crush you right now!
N-now now, c'mon, I uh, i'm sure you're a reasonable mon!
BUT, you seem like you're changing! I shall grant you a pass, but only this once!
See, I knew you were only kidding!
"alright, it's time for us to press on!"

up ahead, we ran into Brendan. "Hey Locke, how's it going?" ugh "I'm fine, how are you?" "I'm great! say how about a battle?" "uh, not ri-" "great, it's on!"
Dammit. I lead with Pine. he lead with a wailmer. "This is splasher!" it was strong, but nothing pine couldn't handle. next came combusken. Time for the big reveal. "and you've already met- punch..ey..." he seemed surprised by Sushi. "Meet Sushi! took her a while to evolve, but it was worth it."

FOOLISH WORM!
Sushi easily took care of Punchey. I decided to have Emily fight boxer, his shroomish. She hit harder and faster as a linoone. "and this is emily."

I easily won the battle. "huh, you're pretty good! well, i'm off to find some more pokemon!" He gave me the item finder and left. I'll admit, Brendan isn't as bad as I thought"

Right as I finished this chapter my laptop turned off. Luckily this carried over to my phone and I didn't just lose 3 hours of work.

Anyways, now I have a living tank, so that's good. Took forever though.

Sushi: Inkanyamba the Storm Bringer Must open every trainer battle using either an Electric move, Dragon Move, or Weather move. If it can't skip this turn (throw a pokeball)

Radish has 1 2/3 silk

Idk why I thought of this but here you go

Hey! Hey! pssst! wake up!
I was woken up by a paw batting my face. "Emily, it's 12 AM, what do you want?"
I got you a present!
"I don't need any presents, but thank you"
C'mon! please? I worked hard to get it for you!
"*sigh* alright, what is it?" Emily then placed a dead tailow next to me.
"uh, thanks, i'll uh, find a use for it later"

Corviknight best birb

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Steel
Pokédex Entry
hey look, an update on a sunday. i'm bored and have nothing better to do, so why not?

Pine
Emily
Cucumber
Radish
Sushi
Squilliam

"We're finally here! Mauville city!
A game corner? Now this is my kind of city. We gotta go!
"We can go to the game corner later, right now we have stuff to do."
Fine.
I went to Rydel's cycles to see how much a bike costs. It seems like Rydel felt bad for me, and gave me a free bike. nice.

"Bad news, we need a coin case for the game corner"
Then get one.
"They don't have any left."
What?! well there's gotta be someone with a spare coin case!
"well, the lady next door has one, but she wants harbor mail from Slateport before she'll give it to us."
Then we'll get some dammit! You got a bike, just take cycling road!
"fine, fine. we'll get the harbor mail.

it wasn't fine.
damn, these magnemite are tough! Rock tomb is barely doing anything!
Let me take care of them!
"no way, they're steel types."
Please! Trust me! i'll be fine.
"...fine. we aren't getting anywhere with rock tomb anyways."
turns out that was the right decision. she hit them hard.
See? Told ya I would be fine!

Arcues dammit! these games are rigged!
"Well yeah, what did you expect?"
Whatever, let's get outta here!

wally wanted to battle me. Emily immediately took out his ralts. it was kinda sad.
"... I lost" I kinda felt bad after he said that. "Hey, don't worry about it. everyone loses once in a while. don't beat yourself up over it." I tried to comfort him. he was just a kid after all. "...yeah, you're right. i'll start trying harder from now on! Well, I have to go now." and the he left. Least he's feeling better.

On route 117, I caught a roselia, who I named Tulip. though I had to put her in the PC.

wow, an update at a decent time.
I'm gonna depict most wedlockes as them being close friends or something like that since I generally don't like/suck at writing love.

Srim the zubat (burned by the light)
Tulip the roselia (thrown bouquet)

Sushi: Inkanyamba the Storm Bringer Must open every trainer battle using either an Electric move, Dragon Move, or Weather move. If it can't skip this turn (throw a pokeball)

Radish has 2 silk
Radish and Squilliam are wedlocked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)