• Drumroll please... The results for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza are up! Congrats to all our participants and our winners this year for the 10th anniversary! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Resource icon

Comic Leftovers: A Hoenn Saga

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
IT'S BACK!! cute page :O Max has butch vibes i stan
asadi is about to be completely underwhelmed with what a hostel is

bumblebee

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon flits from new idea to new idea, never able to settle down.
!!!!!! I just adore your character interaction; the mama bear quality of Miss Gidget is just....so good. Every single panel is so fluid, it feels as though there's a certain tempo to each page. I also absolutely agree with Krisantyne!! This entire page gives me busy college/university cafeteria vibes; you can just hear how chaotic this scene is!

Pcaara

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark, Dragon, Fighting, Ground, Cool, Cute, Tough, ???
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ohhh I love how you created this busy and mildly stressful breakfast atmosphere with the chaos over who sits where, I can feel that in my bones!
And the look on Asadi's face when she realizes she's being "adopted", awww! It's nice to belong somewhere. ;v; <3
Aaaaa, THANKS!! I'm glad that, even with some of the corners I had to cut, the business of the atmosphere still came through. Though i'm guessing Asadi's confuddled expression had alot to do with that too XD ALSO DFA;DJF;J I wasn't sure if Asadi's reaction to "being adopted" was enough to be noticed but leave it to you to pick up on the teensy things!!! 😍

IT'S BACK!! cute page :O Max has butch vibes i stan
asadi is about to be completely underwhelmed with what a hostel is
Thank you thank you ;;u;; Also hehehehh tfw Max has butch vibes was part of the design process.

!!!!!! I just adore your character interaction; the mama bear quality of Miss Gidget is just....so good. Every single panel is so fluid, it feels as though there's a certain tempo to each page. I also absolutely agree with Krisantyne!! This entire page gives me busy college/university cafeteria vibes; you can just hear how chaotic this scene is!
MAMA BEAR QUALITYYY. That's EXACTLY it >w< I'm glad you felt the busy vibes too, and it's funny you mention college/university cafeteria specifically because looking back on this page - that's literally what I was channeling looll Mmmm just thinking about the clattering of plates and conversation laden ambience is takin me back.
Thanks for all the sweet compliments on my page layout as well!!

Thanks to all of you guys for commenting, I always appreciate/look foward to your feedback 💖

bumblebee

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Asadi's face when Max makes fun of her ;w; I dunno if I'm reading too much into this, but the fact that Asadi responded in such a way not just to Max laughing at her mistake but also her horror at seeing the two workers arguing, makes me worried about what her history is like.

Pcaara

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Asadi's face when Max makes fun of her ;w; I dunno if I'm reading too much into this, but the fact that Asadi responded in such a way not just to Max laughing at her mistake but also her horror at seeing the two workers arguing, makes me worried about what her history is like.
Yeeaahh ;;A;; Nobody likes feeling stupid. I mean she even essentially prefaced it with "I don't know what i'm doing so please don't make me feel like an idiot". That said, Max of course means no harm haha
The fact that you're worried about Asadi's history from this series of triggering events is very sweet ;u; Although I can say that the reasoning for her specifically stressing over the two workers arguing is much closer than you think...

bumblebee

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
KIBA!!!

When you mentioned that this next one was all about our favorite resident Irritable Gal™ I got very excited. I can totally tell how you kept the same chaoticness of Slateport, while still focusing on the characters themselves (because you've set them up wonderfully in the previous chapters).

I just...love the fact that Kiba asked how Asadi is doing and then as soon as she gets the OK, she's just like, "Awesome. I don't need to do anything like hugging or consoling. Bye, then." Slowly but surely that tough exterior is coming down.

Pcaara

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type

It's time for the pokes to shine!
KIBA!!!

When you mentioned that this next one was all about our favorite resident Irritable Gal™ I got very excited. I can totally tell how you kept the same chaoticness of Slateport, while still focusing on the characters themselves (because you've set them up wonderfully in the previous chapters).

I just...love the fact that Kiba asked how Asadi is doing and then as soon as she gets the OK, she's just like, "Awesome. I don't need to do anything like hugging or consoling. Bye, then." Slowly but surely that tough exterior is coming down.

LMAO I love your interpretation that kiba's just like *wipes brow* all in a day's work doing the bare minimum. I mean that is exactly what she did on the surface, but like you said that tough exterior is coming down....

Also AAAAA thank you for the compliment on my character setup! I'm glad their arcs and such are coming across adequately >w<

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Afdjhksfl so much stress for Kiba before even getting to eat breakfast, everyone she had to interact with sure hit a bull's eye of what annoys her! Except for Asadi maybe. :3c
Joe being so stressed about what people might think breaks my heart. His son didn't even do anything out of line, he really got hurt and he's so little! I have a feeling that if they were humans, nobody would bat an eye...

bumblebee

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Behold...my magnum opus.

I was ✨inspired✨ after this week's episode 😌

Joe just wanted to help you, Kiba ;w; I adore how your characters are all connected to someone else we see throughout this comic; it never feels as though anyone just floats through space without knowing anyone (Despite the fact that Kiba wants everyone to not acknowledge her existence ever).

I also just love that your entire chat was aghast at a machop not wearing pants?? That's the kind of worldbuilding I love to see! 👏🏻

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)