• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Thread Description
Join Lakour's depressing comedic adventure through the kalos region!

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Ohh, so that's where Bloodlust came from. So does that mean that Lakour's X nuzlocke is a prequel to Avacado's? I wonder if Bloodlust was trying to do anything with Avacado? I like the expressions when the king of pokehell is going "Gah!" and that last panel of Tailsbro's face yelled at in. It's interesting to see that the king is chained to his chair. I imagine that he already tried melting the chains off with lava. Though I feel like he picked the wrong region to try to break free with. There are only 4 legendaries in X while there's like over 15 you can catch in Omega Ruby and Ultra Sun. I feel like things are about to take a nosedive for the worst for Lakour as Tailsbro becomes more manipulative. I wonder if those manipulations will include getting a teammate killed who is doubting Tailsbro...

Waweezer

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ohh, so that's where Bloodlust came from. So does that mean that Lakour's X nuzlocke is a prequel to Avacado's? I wonder if Bloodlust was trying to do anything with Avacado? I like the expressions when the king of pokehell is going "Gah!" and that last panel of Tailsbro's face yelled at in. It's interesting to see that the king is chained to his chair. I imagine that he already tried melting the chains off with lava. Though I feel like he picked the wrong region to try to break free with. There are only 4 legendaries in X while there's like over 15 you can catch in Omega Ruby and Ultra Sun. I feel like things are about to take a nosedive for the worst for Lakour as Tailsbro becomes more manipulative. I wonder if those manipulations will include getting a teammate killed who is doubting Tailsbro...
Yep, Avacado took place after Lakour, but Bloodlust really wasn’t trying to do anything with Avacado, just there to collect his deaths.

The chains are literally unbreakable if you try regular methods, the only solution is to defeat arceus as his power is linked to the chains, thus getting both Zygarde 100%, Xerneas, and a Champion might need to be required as arceus was defeated once by a champion before.

Why Kalos?As you saw in the last couple of panels, Harold has insider info from Yvetal himself.

Soon, Tailsbro. Is going to commit what I think is going to be his worst action of manipulation yet, but you’ll have to wait a couple of pages…

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Don't worry guys, once Lakour's Nuzlocke is over,

I have something very special planned...

aa1a716e-137e-46d4-99d0-ded082610681.png

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Sina and Dexio are so forgettable that even without the masks, I feel like Lakour would forget them. Though they actually look kinda cool with the masks there. On no not plan x! At least it's not plan z, that plan never fails. I can see Tailsbro is clearly up to something. I have no idea what other than stealing team flare's plans for getting Xerneus. But that doesn't sound like it can be that deadly. You said that Tailsbro is going to do something horrible soon, I wonder what plan x has to do with it.

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sina and Dexio are so forgettable that even without the masks, I feel like Lakour would forget them. Though they actually look kinda cool with the masks there. On no not plan x! At least it's not plan z, that plan never fails. I can see Tailsbro is clearly up to something. I have no idea what other than stealing team flare's plans for getting Xerneus. But that doesn't sound like it can be that deadly. You said that Tailsbro is going to do something horrible soon, I wonder what plan x has to do with it.
Don’t worry that part is coming

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
there will be no nuzlocke comic this week due to my house get washed and I wasnt able to use my tablet for a few days, there will be a nuzlocke next week tho, plus this comic was meant to be a long one so maybe this delay is a blessing in disguise so now I can have more time to polish it.

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
hey guys, I know I always ask for criticism on art and writing, but since the 5th gym battle's comic, could you guys give me your thoughts on the battles?

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
The short and snappy battles you do now works the best for your comic's tone. One thing you could improve on is making the throwaway panels, the ones of move spam and of a battle being completely unmemorable, sillier. While Vilola's Vivillon expression and Belle as a Frogadier using thief on Serena's Meowtic were a step on the right direction, I feel like you could go further and make these types of panels sillier. Like layer your usual goofy expressions on top of another joke about the situation if you can think of one. You are good at working up a sense of tension during the dangerous moments in battle. With Grant I was worried about Belle and that crit. And then there are the black and white moments in battle with the red shading that really brings out how the enemies are going for blood in those scenes. With Korrina's battle I liked the quietness of the final scene that just gives off the feeling that Lakour won, but it wasn't worth the cost. And with Kenny's death it helped bring out the horror of Lakour realizing what just happened.

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
The short and snappy battles you do now works the best for your comic's tone. One thing you could improve on is making the throwaway panels, the ones of move spam and of a battle being completely unmemorable, sillier. While Vilola's Vivillon expression and Belle as a Frogadier using thief on Serena's Meowtic were a step on the right direction, I feel like you could go further and make these types of panels sillier. Like layer your usual goofy expressions on top of another joke about the situation if you can think of one. You are good at working up a sense of tension during the dangerous moments in battle. With Grant I was worried about Belle and that crit. And then there are the black and white moments in battle with the red shading that really brings out how the enemies are going for blood in those scenes. With Korrina's battle I liked the quietness of the final scene that just gives off the feeling that Lakour won, but it wasn't worth the cost. And with Kenny's death it helped bring out the horror of Lakour realizing what just happened.
you are right on the throwaway panel ones, I'll keep mind of that for the rest of the comic

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
This is one of the best plot dumps I've ever seen. I love how it slowly plays up how creepy AZ is just for him to whisper exposition, and how Lakour freaks out like that XD. Why do I have a feeling that when they meet again AZ will ask Lakour to remember something he said in the exposition, just for Lakour to say they never met before, and Dexio to comment "welcome to my world."

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This is one of the best plot dumps I've ever seen. I love how it slowly plays up how creepy AZ is just for him to whisper exposition, and how Lakour freaks out like that XD. Why do I have a feeling that when they meet again AZ will ask Lakour to remember something he said in the exposition, just for Lakour to say they never met before, and Dexio to comment "welcome to my world."
AZ will be really mad at Lakour if he doesn’t remember, “something, something, dead floette”

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Oh no. I feel like Tailsbro will try to sack Belle. She is the most suspicious of him, and the one most likely to drive Lakour against his plans. Since she's Lakour's starter the death will leave him in extreme emotional distress. Without his biggest opposer and Lakour in a bad emotional state, it will leave Lakour prime for Tailsbro's manipulation. Killing anyone else wouldn't be as effective. I highly doubt that Tailsbro will go after Dirtlad due to how powerful Garchomps can be and the fact that Tailsbro has tried to build favor with Dirtlad in the past.
(And if Belle dies does that mean that Box Fodder will become an important team member? Box Fodder for champion!)

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Oh no. I feel like Tailsbro will try to sack Belle. She is the most suspicious of him, and the one most likely to drive Lakour against his plans. Since she's Lakour's starter the death will leave him in extreme emotional distress. Without his biggest opposer and Lakour in a bad emotional state, it will leave Lakour prime for Tailsbro's manipulation. Killing anyone else wouldn't be as effective. I highly doubt that Tailsbro will go after Dirtlad due to how powerful Garchomps can be and the fact that Tailsbro has tried to build favor with Dirtlad in the past.
(And if Belle dies does that mean that Box Fodder will become an important team member? Box Fodder for champion!)
whooooo knooooooows...

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
hey guys, so while I'm working on the next comic I've been using different paneling,
here's a page from my other comic using said paneling.

what do you guys think of this?

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
I prefer your usual way of paneling as having everything in a line is a lot more scroll heavy. Though I see it being useful when you want to make sure the readers read the panel before before glancing over the next panel as I can not tell you how many two panel jokes have been ruined because my eyes skimmed the punchline panel before reading the setup panel. Mix both styles together depending on the page flow your going for.

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
I prefer your usual way of paneling as having everything in a line is a lot more scroll heavy. Though I see it being useful when you want to make sure the readers read the panel before before glancing over the next panel as I can not tell you how many two panel jokes have been ruined because my eyes skimmed the punchline panel before reading the setup panel. Mix both styles together depending on the page flow your going for.
I was planning to do that, so yeah good idea, a lot of comics are built off one off jokes, and if you can see the punchline before you even see the full joke, what's the point? also it has literally been 5 minutes cotton how are you already here

Users who are viewing this thread