• The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • Check out the Nuzlocke Forums Fundraiser 2022 to see how you can help support the forums, earn new badges, and more! Goal: $1201/$1500
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Kingmaker Mafia

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
Day 3!

Under9000

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 15, 2022
Nature
Calm
Pokémon Type
  1. Steel
Happy Marytrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Day, don't forget to leave milk and cookies for the turkey or whatever

I'm gonna come right out and say I think Cirr is mafia. like I said yesterday they've flown under the radar throughout, and I don't think they've been better than neutral throughout the game. I know it's a bit of a meme that Cirr is always mafia but there comes a point where you can parley that into a defensive tactic

I was also suspicious of Cal, and the there's still a few oddities throughout the thread, but they're massively outweighed by the general pro-village nature of his play.

bear in mind my reads have been hot garbage this game. keep all arms and legs inside the thread and do not attempt to scumhunt if you have heart or back problems or if you are pregnant

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
yeah this always happens when I survive a set amount of time, the Cirr hunt always begins

uh, anyway, I'm not mafia - I've tried to be helpful all game even when the game was devolving into one on one discussions (?)

Tentatively putting out cal as a name? not that sure yet either

Under9000

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 15, 2022
Nature
Calm
Pokémon Type
  1. Steel
first of all thank you for giving me something to build off :v:

I've not been around long enough to truly understand the cirr hunt of which you speak but ya gotta admit that - much like plusle - you living this long somewhat erodes your village cred. ready to work with you, not convinced you're innocent

I will say that cirr is 100% correct in saying that they were one of the people ignoring the mardy beef from yesterday and contributing to conversation outside the utter fuckin nonsense that ruined the day. it's exactly what the mafia should have been doing, mind, but at least cirr wasn't flaming anyone

I'd like to hear more from cal also. don't think they're mafia, unlike cirr, but there's some input needed here

@SweatingCalendar HAPPY THANKSGIVING BBY

Sparklepop

The Electric Dreamer
Writer
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 30, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Filled with boundless creativity and a mane of stars, Cosmicore is only seen once in a blue moon, showing the world what it has to offer.
Hmmm… I will take a better look at Cirr. I do not think they are Mafia, but it could still be possible. I have still not decided who to vote for just yet, but there is a lot to think about. Perhaps there will be more discussion after Thanksgiving.

My opinions have not changed much about who to lynch, but I would like to hear more in the chat. I would like to hear others’ opinions on who the best lynch is and why.

Sparklepop

The Electric Dreamer
Writer
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 30, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Filled with boundless creativity and a mane of stars, Cosmicore is only seen once in a blue moon, showing the world what it has to offer.
are you perhaps referring to Martyrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Day?
Or Martyrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Day, if you celebrate that. Either way, I hope there will be more discussion tomorrow.

DrCools

Ph.D.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 15, 2021
Happy Discovery of Australopithecus Skeleton "Lucy" Day!

So, an analysis of day phase 2/some of phase 3. Sorted by user this time.

The replacement of Plusle with Sparkle means we can't really think about "Who was Plusle suspicious of day 2, because they probably wouldn't want to make him king". But maybe it would be worth looking at who Anenome accused on day 1, since there could be the same reasoning for them getting marked for death on day 2.

Accused Pepper "once again" (his words) but didn't elaborate when she asked why. Speaks in short posts but does put out a lot of content. Gave a reasonable response to my previous analysis but then counter-accused me for little reason which kinda just seems like a cheap attempt to turn around the heat. Defended 0 Anon, but kinda only after the pile-on had already started, so maybe just an attempt to get village points because he knew Anon would flip mafia. Calendar did make a good point when they said Mafia Akane probably would have changed posting style after receiving pushback, though.
Fairly helpful but has not actually made a lot of suggestions. Plusle had a fairly good analysis of her on page 9 and it still kinda rings true to me. As the numbers dwindle, I am putting her on the suspicious side.
Very helpful. Posts have been very freely written, doesn't seem the style of a mafia member who has to double-check everything. Good vibes
Helpful; on the quiet side. Claims they are often accused in the later-game. Argued against the idea of inactivity as a mafia strategy, which does seem like a direct cover-yourself thing. I am really not sure about this one.
Was kinda the third wheel in the early stages of the Plusle-Anon argument. Back-tracked later but it is rather suspicious given how pointless the entire thing ended up being. And then accused Anon again on page 13 Definitely could have been a mafia intentionally fanning the flames.
Has not spoken today. Contributed little yesterday. Cited Thanksgiving season which is reasonable. Honestly though with 4 maf they might just approve one trying to go silent as an evasion strategy. I would say that he is rather worthy of za lynch - wouldn't be a huge loss either way.
Also rather quiet. Nobody seemed to know what to make of them. I'm really not sure either, nothing really susipicious but as the game goes on I think we need to see some productivity soon.
Talked a lot and asked for others to as well. Claims the top 4 mafia thing was to promote discussion... I'm not sure about that since there ended up being a lot of discussion anyways, but I can see the reasoning. Made a pretty big math error which several pointed out? Probably an honest mistake but could also have been intentionally misleading.

Marked for death. It would be pretty funny if she's actually mafia and there's some secret mechanic we don't know about though. Would also kinda ruin any hope for village reasoning though.

Guesses:
Mafia - bunny, doesnt, hobohunter
Neutral - akane, cirr, rueblie, under
Village - calendar, sparkle

Edited because I messed up the spoiler formatting

Cirr

Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
at this point I want to be suspicious of u9k

also possibly hobo

Akane

Weird
Screenshotter
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
  3. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This pokèmon has a strange passion for the number 9, I wonder why. Bisexual.
Dead thread
Thanksgiving cringe

A question just cause I'm curious
Anon said they contacted a few people re: the logs. I kinda want to know who that was, besides me. It probably isn't useful though.
Defended 0 Anon, but kinda only after the pile-on had already started, so maybe just an attempt to get village points because he knew Anon would flip mafia.
Kinda true, but kinda not, since I pretty openly said I trusted him, and I was pretty damned surprised when Plusle asked for a replacement; I was thinking he was maf at that point, his arguments against Anon were incredibly forced and aggressive for little reason. I kinda said so in the main mafia discord server, which you couldn't have seen of course.
Related to my previous request, I also had a PM convo with him briefly where he asked what he should do with the Kesha PMs. I did tell him to post them, cause honestly I thought they weren't bad? Which could have made him look better (since at that point I def thought he was village)? Although it wasn't what he wanted. What he said isn't wrong necessairly btw. A village players talking in PMs with the kingmaker isn't bad, although it shouldn't be something that everyone does of course. I actually have a few strats in mind, but it's prob something to discuss after the game ends since revealing them kinda defeats the purpose lol.

Reads
I trust Cal, cause he trusted Anon, has his usual village vibes which I don't think I'm wrong about, and used a line of thinking which I def thought he would use if he was actually village. Me hard defending my teammates is something I usually do as mafia and won me some games. He pointed out I was defending Plusle, but obviously that point is now proven wrong since Plusle is village. That gives him village points imo.

Pepper is weird. After the whole thing with Plusle I thought she was village, but now that Plusle is confirmed village, she's back to being sussy baka.

Under is vaguely sussy as always, but he's probably the less inactive of the inactives. And mafia is veeeeery inactive right now imo. And that's obvious, since literally the only ones that hard pushed anything this game are the kingmakers, me and Cal, maybe Doesnt

Doesnt is a pain cause he always plays the same, no matter the alignment.

Hobo idk, never seen him as mafia. He definitely might be.

DrCools gets a sussy. It seems that everyone thinks he's village cause of his big analysis posts in one of his first games, but:
1) *War flashbacks to MrE posting posting 999 analysis posts in Beginners mafia*
2) No one contesting at all a village read given for a weak reason is weird. I'd imagine at least one mafia would fight it. From my perspective, it is definitely weird. It might be bad reasoning. Maybe. Idk.

Cirr always seem to be in that sussy limbo. This game he seems more village than usual, but he said something sussy
it's far more likely for maf to be active in this game than inactive, since all there is to go on in this game is opinions
Which I think is wrong. He's proposing Cal as a name, which I definitely think is wrong. And kinda also me, which I definitely know is wrong. Changing my read to neutral. But still like, leaning to village.

Rueblie I had him as village. That might be too much lol. It's the usual Rue though.

Cal<Cirr<Rue<Doesnt=Hobo<Cools=Under<Pepper

I'm fine with Cools, Under or Pepper going. I realise that these reads are very different from everybody else's
But
Since there are 4 mafs this game
Having all reads be the same or similar is worrying lol.

I also agree with Doesnt? I think? On why Sparkle was chosen.

Unrelated
Watching Qatar Senegal rn
And there's a player in the Qatar squad called Atem. That's funny.

Edit: minor spelling mistake lol

Under9000

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 15, 2022
Nature
Calm
Pokémon Type
  1. Steel
I think I'm within my rights to be indignant about being referred to as 'inactive' when there's five - count 'em, five, more than half the game - who have posted less than me

six if you include sparkle

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Alright so here's where I'm at:

I'm immediately suspicious of anyone suspicious of me. Now why would that be you ask? Cause I'm apparently being an inactive villager. Even though honestly I'm being lovable ol' hobo. But accusing me for being quiet despite being a villager is a tale as old as time. And it's a perfect ruse for maf to be like "heyyyyy this asshole's inactive. That's sus as fuck." This exact thing happened in 5 cops and mafia won as a result.

So let's go over who's sus of me this lovely day:

Calendar
Doesnt
Under9000
Dr. Cools
Cirr

Now obviously that's five people so they can't all be mafia. I was already weary of Doesnt for seeming off on day 2. That hasn't changed. Calendar's going full swinging in and is ALL about killing the inactives. That rubs me the wrong way definitely. Under is interesting. He sussed me of maf not for being inactive, but for playing reasonably well. So I actually give him a pass for that. Dr. Cools I'm also weary of. I definitely disagree with the logic of "not listening to what plusle thought" just because he's not in the game anymore. He's still village confirmed so that in itself is good reason to actually pay attention to who he thought. Cirr felt like village all game to me, until his most recent post. Saying he was sus of Under, and then just kind of tacks me on at the very end. That seems like its just there to maybe appear more village. I dunno.

So if you don't wanna read that paragraph, out of the 5, here's the order I'm thinking from most sus to least:

Calendar>Doesnt>Dr. Cools>Cirr>Under

Again, not all of them are mafia, hell it's most likely maybe only two are mafia. I'd personally support any of the top 3 for a vote today.

SweatingCalendar

Alligator Lizards in the air, in the aaaiiiiirrrrr
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
These creatures are often seen inciting wars with the couch potatoes over territory of farmland so that they can have the most sheep for counting
HAPPY THANKSGIVING BBY

YOOO HAPPY GOBBLE A TURKEY DAY

Calendar's going full swinging in and is ALL about killing the inactives. That rubs me the wrong way definitely

I mean, I was sussing more active players…but they keep flipping village or being kingmade (Plusle/Sparkle & Akane D1/D2 & Anon early D2). Plusle/Sparkle were v active, confimed village, Anon was active last phase, flipped village, I know im village which means Akane is likely at least to be village as well. It seems to me it would be better time would be spent going after less active players as it looks like at least a couple mafs are lying under the radar. How many more active players have to be kinngmade/lynched until its okay to sus inactive ppl?

I may have more thoughts later but @Rueblie & @Salt&PepperBunny i believe are the only players that havent posted this phase yet & would like to hear their thoughts

Sparklepop

The Electric Dreamer
Writer
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 30, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Yeah… I mean, it could be Hobohunter, but Hobo’s always been sort of inactive. It isn’t really a scumtell as far as I know, though I don’t remember ever playing with Hobo as Mafia. It feels like Pepper has been quieter than usual, but that could just be me. I’m not sure how to feel about SweatingCalendar right now. I mean, he could be Mafia, but I don’t feel like he is for some reason. My current susses right now are Doesnt, Pepper, and Rueblie, but there are a lot of people that I think could be Mafia.

I am still very suspicious of Doesnt, but it could easily be one of the inactive people. I will probably vote for Doesnt if my thoughts stay the same, but they might change.

The Mafia was smart in making me the Kingmaker because I hardly know who to vote.

Rueblie

Not worth mentioning
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Whatever
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
They question if it even exists anymore and it seems annoying enough for them to not want to find out.
Sorry I’ve not really been here today. I’ve had real life things going on that some of you may have noticed

Uh, it’s not what you want to hear but I don’t know that I have any great takes. Sparkle just feels like the obvious choice here so can’t really ascertain what the mafia was thinking

I don’t think being quiet is too much of a scumtell especially for Americans this week.

Probably a super scummy post but I don’t know and I don’t really want to focus on this too much today. If you want to vote me out then I get it. Do remember to actually vote though Sparkle, you don’t have too much longer

Sparklepop

The Electric Dreamer
Writer
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 30, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Yeah, I should probably vote now that I think about it because I would rather not go with no lynch. So, I’ll decide who to lynch. My mind hasn’t really changed on who to lynch.

Vote: Doesnt

SweatingCalendar

Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
These creatures are often seen inciting wars with the couch potatoes over territory of farmland so that they can have the most sheep for counting
My guess is that the 4 mafs are

Hobo/Doesnt/Under/Cirr

This is kinda difficult cuz for the most part there isnt a whole lot to work off of & and Im mainly working backwards. I think Dr Cools is village, granted this is their (assumably) 2nd game so i dont have a clear idea how they play as village or maf, but their contribution with scumhunts is a good sign, Pepper i left out cuz they just havent posted & i would think mafia Pepper would have done that by now (tho i dont want to encourage ppl to stay inactive pls do post some more lol), Rue’s last paragraph gives me good vibes which is enough for me rn, & Akane u can read my other posts about him. So process of elimination leaves these for me

@Doesnt since Sparkle voted u so u can defend yourself or give your final thoughts if u want

SweatingCalendar

Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Actually fuck it i don't want to let ppl off the hook for not posting

4 of the 5 mafs should be between:

Under/Cirr/Doesn't/Hobo/Pepper

I think as long as we lynch between these 5 ppl, we should win. I really doubt Cools or Akane are maf & Im going out on a limb & saying Rue prob isn't based on their last post. If Pepper's maf then she could glide through inactivity to the victory if she gets too many village/neutral reads & is a decent lynch option due to not have much if at all to glean from her alignment as of recent

Cirr

Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost