• The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • Check out the Nuzlocke Forums Fundraiser 2022 to see how you can help support the forums, earn new badges, and more! Goal: $1201/$1500
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Kingmaker Mafia

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
Day 3!

Anemone

i am y̸̳͂ǔ̷̥ŗ̴͗i̴̳̓k̸̤̈́ò̴̤
Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Cool
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
call me mon
not exactly inspiring to know that you just want me to lynch an inactive for the crime of being inactive on day 2 instead of anon though

SweatingCalendar

Alligator Lizards in the air, in the aaaiiiiirrrrr
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
These creatures are often seen inciting wars with the couch potatoes over territory of farmland so that they can have the most sheep for counting
Its not exactly inspiring to know that you just want to lynch an active for the crime of being active on day 2 instead of less active players

Sparklepop

The Electric Dreamer
Writer
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 30, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Filled with boundless creativity and a mane of stars, Cosmicore is only seen once in a blue moon, showing the world what it has to offer.
Okay, I’m observing everything that happened before I joined the game to see who is the most suspicious. Hopefully, this will be a comprehensive list of everything that went on.

Day 1
  • Greenchu is marked for death.
  • Cirr asks who will kill Greenchu/who would think Greenchu would turn on their side.
  • Greenchu starts Bearposting.
  • Hartt says Bearposting hurts her brain.
  • Greenchu says they activated their trap card and says that anyone who wanted them to stop the bears was probably Mafia and had a tentative vote on Hartt.
  • Hobohunter is the first to propose Pepper wants Greenchu dead (and also doesn’t like Bearposting).
  • Pluslefan accuses one of Pepper, Doesnt, and Hobo.
  • Bunny susses Pluslefan.
  • Akane continues to UwU.
  • Rueblie doesn’t like the bearposting.
  • Under susses Hartt, Doesnt, Pepper, and 0 Anonymous.
  • Cirr susses Doesnt, Akane, Plusle, and Calendar.
  • Akane susses Rueblie, Pepper, Cirr, and Under.
  • And Hartt susses Hobo, Pepper, Calendar, and Akane.
  • Greenchu’s top 4 Mafia is Hartt, Plusle, Calendar, and Akane. Top 4 village is Hobo, Pepper, Under, and Cirr.
  • Calendar susses 0 Anonymous, Akane, Plusle, and Doesnt
  • Doesnt says Pepper, Hobo, Rue, Calendar, Akane, or Anemone might have killed Kesha. Hartt is ‘up there’ apparently. Doesnt says Calendar and Cirr are soft cleared. Mafia vibes are Hobo, Rue, and Hartt.
  • Rueblie susses Akane, Calendar, 0 Anonymous, and Hartt.
  • Hobohunter says Pepper brings a good point about Pluslefan.
  • Anemone susses Pepper, Akane, Hobo, and Rueblie.
  • People get fed up by 0 Anonymous and the bears.
  • Plusle says its more likely for Mafia to hand the lynch power to the easily manipulated. He says Calendar’s list is ‘hot ass’. Pluslefan’s top 6 villagers are Anemone, Under900, then to a lesser extent Rue and Cirr, and for another bigger drop Akane and Calendar.
  • Pepper disputes Plusle.
  • Calendar misunderstood the list.
  • Calendar doesn’t want 0 Anonymous, Plusle, Akane, and DrCools to be killed.
  • Greenchu’s big post - Biggest susses are on Hartt, Calendar, and Rueblie. After that is Doesnt, Hobo, and Anonymous.
  • Rueblie says that people shouldn’t do bearposting. Rueblie susses Plusle, Doesnt, and 0 Anonymous for this mark.
  • Calendar does a scumhunt. Most sus of Akane and 0 Anonymous. “If I was Kingmaker, my main picks would be Akane, Anon, Doesnt, and Hartt.” He says.
  • Cirr defends Hartt a bit.
  • Anemone wonders about Plusle’s issue with Calendar. Hartt skips basic reasoning.
  • Greenchu’s “enemy pairs”. Akane - Cirr, Akane - Rue, Pepper - Plusle, Under - 0 Anon, Rueblie - 0 Anon.
  • Akane says Calendar and Plusle are very village. Pepper very mafia. Hartt, Cirr, and Anemone are ‘weird’.
  • 0 Anonymous says bearposts can be useful and that there can be 4 mislynches rather than two.
  • Plusle notes the flaws in Greenchu’s plan.
  • DrCools finally posts.
  • Plusle says Hobo is the best lynch.
  • The susses swing towards Hartt.
  • Calendar says he thinks Akane and Plusle are Mafia together.
  • Akane says Calendar is probably village.
  • Calendar and Plusle sus each other.
  • Akane says Pepper is the best lynch choice.
  • Anemone wants Hartt to be lynched.
  • Greenchu locks their vote in. “If Hartt is Village, I think Anemone looks worst. Doesnt, Rue, and Under voted for Hartt.”
  • Hartt is Village.

Day 2
  • Anemone is marked for death.
  • Cirr and Akane say that’s not surprising. Akane still wants Pepper dead.
  • Cirr doesn’t want Pepper dead.
  • Plusle wants to hear from the inactives.
  • Calendar says Under is coasting, Hobo/Cools/Rue are inactive mostly, and wants to hear more from Doesnt.
  • Calendar asks 0 Anonymous to post the stuff they told Greenchu.
  • Pepper is not ‘SUS sus’ of Plusle whatever that means.
  • Doesnt says Under needs math lessons (same), Hobo is quiet as ever, 0 Anonymous is being unhelpful and secretive, and Cirr is a bit fluffy. Doesnt says they want to lynch Pepper. They are also cool with Plusle, DrCools, 0 Anon, Under9000, or Hobohunter.
  • Hobohunter says Doesnt is rubbing them the wrong way.
  • Rue is quiet, Hobo is quiet, 0 Anonymous is secretive, and Under9000 doesn’t know math. Anemone’s reads are mostly the same as Doesnt’s.
  • Rueblie trusts Pepper.
  • Akane’s top 4 susses are Pepper, Under, Anon, and Cirr.
  • Plusle’s bigpost brings 0 Anonymous, Hobo, Pepper, and Doesnt as the biggest susses. Predictions for nightkills are Cirr, Pepper, Hobo, and Rue for the top 4.
  • Anemone “0 Anonymous, talk or die.”. Votes 0 Anonymous.
  • 0 Anonymous starts talking with that threat looming over.
  • The Plusle/0 Anon fight begins.
  • Hobohunter wonders why Plusle spent 3 hours on a Mafia post.
  • Nobody trusts 0 Anon.
  • Plusle wants 0 Anonymous to be transparent, 0 Anonymous wants to keep those words to themselves so Mafia doesn’t know.
  • DrCools makes a scum hunt and says that Akane is most likely to be Mafia, and that Under is sussy.
  • Calendar doesn’t want Anon to be lynched.
  • Calendar wonders if Akane - Pepper are both Maf and if it’s a classic buss play.
  • 0 Anonymous makes a scumhunt.
  • Calendar defends Akane.
  • Akane also defends 0 Anonymous.
  • Calendar notes possible Mafia combos. Plusle/Cirr/Doesnt/Hobo, Pepper/Under/Hobo.
  • 0 Anonymous takes notes of the player’s play styles.
  • Plusle and 0 Anonymous get really angry at each other.
  • Doesnt “I kinda want 0 Anonymous to go so he can calm down.”
  • Doesnt thinks 0 Anonymous is metagaming.
  • They’re still fighting.
  • The host has to step in.
  • Plusle subs out.
  • Calendar says to ignore Pluslefan, me (Sparklepop), Anon, and Akane, since Mafia wouldn’t be that loud. He also says most Mafia are hiding under the radar and points the sus to Rueblie, Hobo, and Cirr.
  • Anemone says he’s not moving the vote.
  • Calendar says Anon will flip village.
  • And that’s it.

Simple Scumhunt
Anemone - Confirmed Village.
Akane - A lot of bear posting on Day 1. Does not trust Pepper, trusts Plusle and Calendar. Doesn’t want 0 Anonymous to be voted out. Could easily be Mafia, but could just be talkative.
Cirr - Trusts Pepper. Has been helpful overall. Village vibes.
DrCools - Made a scumhunt, and has otherwise been very quiet. Probably Village.
Doesnt - Sussed both Hartt and Anemone, which is sus since they are both now confirmed Village. Really doesn’t trust 0 Anonymous. Neutral, but keep an eye on them.
Greenchu - Confirmed Village.
Hartt - Confirmed Village.
Hobohunter - Quiet as usual. Why is he being sussed? Neutral vibes.
Rueblie - Very quiet. Mostly just there. Neutral.
Pluslefan - Sussed Pepper pretty hard and went at it with 0 Anonymous. Notes the flaws in Greenchu’s plans. Doesn’t like bearposting. Made a massive bigpost detailing all of his susses. Neutral could go either way.
Salt&PepperBunny - Sussing pretty hard on Plusle and thinks Hartt was a dumb lynch. Not ‘SUS sus on Plusle’ whatever that means. Seems Village right now.
SweatingCalendar - Doesn’t want 0 Anonymous to be lynched. He susses the inactives the most, to be honest. Has put out a lot of opinions. Could go either way.
Under9000 - Has been contributing, but I don’t read any particular vibes. I dunno, so Neutral.
0 Anonymous - So many bears. Shared secret information with Greenchu and got in a fight with Pluslefan. Could very easily be Mafia, but could also just be 0 Anonymous.

I’m fine with the way the current lynch is going, but some of my current suspicions are also Akane, Doesnt, and Calendar.

Sparklepop

The Electric Dreamer
Writer
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 30, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Filled with boundless creativity and a mane of stars, Cosmicore is only seen once in a blue moon, showing the world what it has to offer.
Why are the dots still there? I would edit but I can't.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
dots sus

Anyway uh

I'd like to actually propose the opposite to whoever (cal? someone?) mentioned in the last page or so

it's far more likely for maf to be active in this game than inactive, since all there is to go on in this game is opinions

maf needs to be active to sway the opinions of village

(this is true both in games with and without PRs, but more true in ones without since there's no flashy abilities to fling)

that's all I have for now, short punchy posts woo

Doesnt

Kanto League Champion
Hacker
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
I don't see what is suspicious about me admitting to forming a suspicion on Anemone overnight *after* Anemone was hard-cleared lol. I don't think I said a word about them day 1?

I'm only human, I can't psychically tell who's going to be marked or what alignment people are. Fair to suspect me over Hartt kill since I was all for that, although less for how they fell into Kesha's "trap" and more for their other posts.

I agree with Cirr, we lynch 0 Anon here. It's not "lynching an active for being active day 2", it's lynching a player who was actively suspicious day 1 and actively suspicious and hostile day 2.

SweatingCalendar

Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
These creatures are often seen inciting wars with the couch potatoes over territory of farmland so that they can have the most sheep for counting
gree with Cirr, we lynch 0 Anon here. It's not "lynching an active for being active day 2", it's lynching a player who was actively suspicious day 1 and actively suspicious and hostile day 2.

I agree with you that Anon was too aggressive this phase, but that doesnt tend to be maf acting that way, its usually frustrated or overzealous villagers who make those plays

it's far more likely for maf to be active in this game than inactive, since all there is to go on in this game is opinions

maf needs to be active to sway the opinions of village

Or they can let a small group of villagers squabble at each other, absorbing the discussion & attention to use them all as lynch bait

Fell free to respond to this but this’ll be my final post for the phase, ultimately Anemone has made his decision so hopefully Anon does flip maf

DrCools

Ph.D.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 15, 2021
Many 'gripping' developments. I'd let one of the arguers die to avoid having to read another day like that honestly. Calendar has a solid theory though, mafia doesn't actually need to make their "opinions" heard as long as some strong opinions are forming, since the kingmaker is probably just gonna look at the names that are argued for the most. As opposed to normal mafia where many people are using different judgement criteria when selecting their votes. If that makes sense.

Under9000

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 15, 2022
Nature
Calm
Pokémon Type
  1. Steel
Many 'gripping' developments. I'd let one of the arguers die to avoid having to read another day like that honestly. Calendar has a solid theory though, mafia doesn't actually need to make their "opinions" heard as long as some strong opinions are forming, since the kingmaker is probably just gonna look at the names that are argued for the most. As opposed to normal mafia where many people are using different judgement criteria when selecting their votes. If that makes sense.
preach.

like honestly at this point the MLG maf squad would be myself/Cools/Cirr/Hobo on account of none of us acting like crackheads

regardless of who's maf, the belligerent villagers in this game need to give their heads a wobble

OP
EeveeFTW

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Normal
Dead: Anemone (Villager)
Dead: 0 Anon (Villager)

Night 3 begins now, and ends in 24 hours, 2 minutes, at 11:59 PM EST, Wednesday

Cirr

Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
still not me? how is this happening, the mafia can't keep getting away with this

uh, what were sparkle's reads last phase again

wait sparkle was plusle

hmmmmmm.

DrCools

Ph.D.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 15, 2021
That's rather out of left field, eh? Plusle had been accused a fair bit so I would have targetted an inactive player and let the arguing continue.

Actually if Plusle was mafia then tagging out would have been a genius move. Since Sparkle could respond to any question about previous days with "idk what plusle's thought process was". Plus the bit of sympathy generated from Plusle getting distressed enough to leave.

Anyways it's rather unfortunate with 0 Anon. I have to go to bed now but I want to engage with Akane's defensive posts from last day phase when I wake up. And maybe look back at the arguments more deeply to see if I can spot any trends.

Cirr

Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
anyway i think (?) we're currently at 6/4 unless my math is bad

i want to be suspicious of akane but at the same time probably not

SweatingCalendar

Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
@Sparklepop Hey pinging you cuz Im going to be busy cuz uh holiday season & your decision is the only one that matters

Here's the dealio, the current split is 6/4, meaning if you pick wrong the game is over, something to keep in mind when you decide who you want to lynch (but don't like, stress about it, this is just a silly internet game). More or less, go with the mindset of "If I had all the marbles that somebody is maf, it'll be this person"

Personally, if I was in your shoes, I would pick @Doesnt admittedly, some of this is gut feeling but I feel like their sus of Anon was abit out of character. In fact Im abit frustrated with how obtuse village as a whole was last phase in regards to their sus of Anon that I have to assume at least one of them is maf, Doesn't would be one of those people. My second choice would be hobohunter which is much more off of gut feeling

The positive side to this being lylo is the fact you have a p reasonable chance at hitting a maf, 40 percent if my math is right, so almost a 50/50 odds of hitting a maf. If there was any player I'd recommend you don't lynch, it would be Akane cuz he's the player Im the most confident is village atp seeing as everybody who has been extremely active have been village so far (Im including myself & yeah you can't be sure Im village but whateves)

I'll try to be online in the morning to respond or give more thoughts, otherwise I can't garantee I'll be very active at all until like, late Friday

Good Luck

DrCools

Ph.D.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 15, 2021
the current split is 6/4, meaning if you pick wrong the game is over
Nah the rules post says 4/4 split doesn't end the game. So if Sparkle picks wrong we still have one more day.

Also from an initial reread Akane is actually less suspicious than I thought. Still want to make some sort of analysis tomorrow (real time tomorrow) though. (Akane if you are laughing at me in the mafia chat after reading this I will say you have done a good job)

Ok no more procrastinating on sleep now

Doesnt

Kanto League Champion
Hacker
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
Annoying but predictable. There's two (really three) ways to look at this:

1) A mafia Plusle would not have gotten so incensed that he'd rage-quit the game, he would just sit back and chuckle as the overzealous villager gets himself mislynched by looking like a colossal dick. Therefore, Sparklepop is basically a village soft-clear, and thus the highest value to remove.

2) Mafia thinks it's a good idea to give voting power to the person who openly suspects myself, Akane, and Calendar.

2b) Mafia thinks it's a good idea to psych out the person openly suspecting myself, Akane, and Calendar into looking elsewhere.

Re: DrCools's point: I really don't think Plusle would quit the game purely for strategic benefit....I also don't think Eevee would tolerate such a plan if he caught wind of it since that's sorta blatant metagaming.

We are at 6/4. MYLO/LYLO don't really exist here since not lynching would be completely stupid in this ruleset, but we lose if we mislynch two more times, and have to lynch correctly four times.

I fully understand sus on me since I've supported both of the mislynches here, but all I can really say is apparently I just cannot read anymore. In my defense, 0 Anon really did not put on a clean act, and the push against him was not exclusively my own.

I would personally lynch one of Bunny, Rueblie, or hobo here, as I'm inclined to agree with Cal's theory yesterday that mafia is just sitting back and letting village fight each other. None of these three posted much yesterday.

Probably not gonna be v. active tomorrow since Thanksgiving, please no fighting today

Under9000

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 15, 2022
Nature
Calm
Pokémon Type
  1. Steel
I'm with doesn't on this one - no shot plusle would have quit like that if he was one of the scum (egg on my face there :v: )

though I would imagine the benefits of targeting sparkle to be twofold. given the chaos yesterday I'd imagine the scum would jump at the chance to both eliminate the soft clear AND cast suspicion/psych out. which one of the latter two, I have no idea, which is unhelpful.

yesterday I did suggest myself/Cools/Cirr/Hobo as potential mafia because we weren't being idiots. now obviously I don't think I'm mafia but if I was kingmaker today I'd probably pick one of those three.

worst case scenario - sparkle misses, and tomorrow's kingmaker has a >50% of hitting scum

edited to add a full stop because I'm a very naughty boy :dance:

Sparklepop

The Electric Dreamer
Writer
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 30, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
I wake up, I come on the computer, and the next thing I know I’m being marked for death and forced to decide the vote. I never asked to be the Kingmaker, but it is my duty to determine who is most suspicious. Then I will do just that.

I have not been in the game for too long, so it is a little difficult to determine who to vote. There have been some theories that Mafia has been staying quiet and has just let Village be picking each other off. But it could also be one of the more active players. I still have my suspicions about Doesnt, but I have been getting less suspicious of Akane and SweatingCalendar.

Let me think about this…

Users who are viewing this thread