• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Thread Description
This is going to be a screenshot log of my progress throughout the generations! It is going to be the games consisting of FireRed, Emerald, Heartgold, Platinum, Black, Black 2, X, and then Moon!

Repti_0822

The bozo that can't keep his team alive.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey guys! I'm going to start a new run today, and it's going to be a Generationlocke going through all the generations with a team. The games will be in the thread description and the rules are going to be posted below!

The rules are simple. It is going to be normal Nuzlocke rules, but with a hardcore addon to it.

Here are the rules added to the Nuzlocke challenge:
  • My level cannot exceed the level of the next gym/elite four
  • I may not use items in battle (except held items and Pokeballs.) Healing moves are allowed.
  • If I wipe, I lose the run and have to start all the way back to the starting game, FireRed.
  • No legendaries or mythical on my teams.
  • Battle mode will be on "Set"
  • No daycare

Hey guys! Welcome to a new adventure of what I like to call, a Genlocke.
TD1P3EZ.png

See, even Oak is ready to tune into my run!
I name myself Repti and my rival...

b7qqlGx.png

He is my best friend I've had over the years and my biggest nemesis >:)

bpUly5C.png

Wow, I was just trying to go out Prof. Oak. I just wanted to explore!

gf2CiO8.png

Yeah, this Bulba is mine :) Thanks Oak!
Named him Bulb, generic but guess what! I don't care ;)

T2lBsfI.png

Damn Brenden, I just wanted to travel with my new friend. Oh well, I'm gonna kick your ass!

3GKI674.png

Thank you, next.
I went to Viridian City and picked up Oak's Parcel, because Oak's lazy ass can't go get it himself.
In all fairness, he DID just give me a partner.

Hnyc5cA.png

AND a Pokedex and 5 Pokeballs! My nuzlocke adventure has officially started ;)
Nobody is gonna die, trust me... please...

iHoUsEo.png

We take thoseeee!
Named her Flo, just thought of it. Very creative right guys? Right? No? Okay...
Some old man just showed me how to catch Pokemon, even though I just caught one. Thanks.. but I don't need your help.

I skipped through Route 2 so that I could try to get a Caterpie in Viridian Forest, and...

DXOSz6i.png

Named him Kevin.
Sick! Now I can get a guaranteed Nidoran/Mankey in Route 22!
Route 2 encounter, as expected..

Bknoz44.png

Named her Buckteeth.. obviously...

Route 22 encounter...

l7pyMN3.png

Let's go! Named her Boxer.

FrzeBt2.png

Kevin has matured some. Congrats!
Flo was poisoned when fighting the very first enemy in Viridian Forest. Luckily, I bought some Antidotes earlier. That would've been bad if I didn't.
Everyone is level 7, so I'm going to proceed into the depths of the forest.

Ia9fUL1.png

Evolving again I see. Now maybe you will be useful (with CompoundEyes you will be!)
Everyone's at level 13, it's time to fight the Gym Leader, Brock.

Vr6Dbay.png

Seems easy enough, Bulb will give us an easy win with Vine Whip.

hT6LBEC.png

OHKO.

BGavqKn.png

OHKO. I was right. That was dollar store free. Ha, see I can be funny sometimes. Maybe.

hqc7uf8.png

Ya boy is movin' up in the world! With this badge being obtained, let's get my running shoes and call it a day shall we?

4Ya0F1r.png

And there we go!

That's gonna do it for my first update! Let me know what you guys think of it, and let me know what y'all think about this challenge! Thank you all for stopping by, if you read all the way to the end reply saying your favorite generation! Peace ;)

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
Nice and snappy, huh. Favourite is Gen 2 because I like the Gameboy games. Though personally, my favourite gen 2 game is actually a ROM hack of Crystal.

Repti_0822

The bozo that can't keep his team alive.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice and snappy, huh. Favourite is Gen 2 because I like the Gameboy games. Though personally, my favourite gen 2 game is actually a ROM hack of Crystal.
Yes sir! That's kinda how I am. I like to be sarcastic :)

Gen 2 is cool! I like how they added more color to it than they had in RBY (Gen 1.) Thank you for replying!

tpa6pfE.png

Hey guys! Welcome back to another log of my Pokemon FireRed Genlocke! Today, we are getting some new encounters and making our way through Mt. Moon :) (Also a rival and gym fight is coming up soon :P)

I got my running shoes last episode, now it's time to move on to the right of Pewter.

I flew through these trainers. New encounter!

IGNdacJ.png

I box her because I don't need her at the moment. Butterfree has Compound Eyes and will get Sleep Powder very soon, and I have Rattata.

IXU5TBM.png

I bought Magikarp, named her Lochness.

DBMNZCy.png

Encounter for Mt. Moon. Named her Gumball (a reference to Wreck-It-Ralph!)
I made it through Mt Moon and picked up the Helix Fossil, the better one obviously. I won't be using it, however, since I caught the Geodude.
I made it to Cerulean City and I traded out my Rattata for Geodude, a better suit for my team.

A9gjjoF.png

Ran into Brenden, time to sweep through him :D
I did just that, except with a little scare, as I forgot Charmander had Metal Claw and it did half to my Geodude. We good though!
I beat all the weak trainers on Nugget Bridge, and I got asked to join Team Rocket. I wanted to say yes just for the fun of it, but my mind got the best of me and said no which caused me to battle this guy. I beat his ass and he ran away :)

gJuW9jR.png

Flo has evolved into a Pidgeotto. How adorable :)

kbUt1Ai.png

Route 24 encounter. Yikes. Catching it anyway, for dupes reasons. Hopefully, I can attempt for an Abra on Route 25.
Named him Horns.

LTKvPeb.png

Route 25. Damn! I wanted to try for an Abra. Guess I have to wait for Game Corner now huh. Oh well.
Named him Aroma.

Gdzal1Q.png

Nice! Hello Ivysaur :D
I helped Bill get out of a Clefairy (That's a really weird sentence)
He gave me the S.S Anne Ticket.

Z89ezYc.png

Nice!

Now, it's time to fight Misty. Let's crush her!
Staryu got OHKO'd by Vine Whip. I switch to Gyarados for Starmie, because of Confusion.
When I switch out I get hit with Swift, which did almost nothing.

ZmYaD1h.png

Starmie gets 3HKO'd by Bite.

ibivAHf.png

Got Water Pulse. Cool.
I went to get Cut and returned to Cerulean City. That'll do it for this log!

Users who are viewing this thread