• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Johto Teen Mon Jack's Journey: A SoulSilver AlternateStarterlocke

Thread Description
A soulsilver comic about a teenage boy and his computer program thing

JellySquiddy

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground

Jack is 16 years old and ready to take on the world with nothing but his newly obtained trainer's license, his porygon, and his pokegear!

1) Only catch first pokemon in each area
2) Fainted pokemon are considered dead, and must be permanently boxed
3) Dupes clause (including evolution lines)
4) The game has been modified so I can pick porygon as a starter

Right now I plan to update Mondays with preferably 4 pages, but if I have less I'll still update with something.

Last edited:

Waweezer

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
a man and his digital duck

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
She enjoys showing off her artwork to others, and constantly discovers new techniques to experiment with
Adventure begins!

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
awww man, why do you have to cover such an amazing Gerald (Hey Arnold) like hair?

wooh, since almost no nuzlocker used a Porygon before, this would be interesting!
You would steamroll Blue for sure!

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Wow, and mom of the year goes to.......

But seriously, I'm looking forward to a Nuz with an alt starter, I wouldn't mind seeing more of those to be honest, especially with RARELY used Pokemon like Porygon

JellySquiddy

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
awww man, why do you have to cover such an amazing Gerald (Hey Arnold) like hair?

wooh, since almost no nuzlocker used a Porygon before, this would be interesting!
You would steamroll Blue for sure!
I actually based his hairstyle off Etika's hair. I had that character design laying around for years and decided that now is probably a good time to send up a tribute to the late, great, homie of the ages.

JellySquiddy

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
Wow, and mom of the year goes to.......

But seriously, I'm looking forward to a Nuz with an alt starter, I wouldn't mind seeing more of those to be honest, especially with RARELY used Pokemon like Porygon
Thanks! I wanted to do something new to set myself apart from other runs, and I just really like porygon, so it was my choice.

JellySquiddy

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
First update! This time I have five pages. Expect either three pages or the standard four next week, I still haven't decided.

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Blip has said nothing as of yet. But I already love them

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
cherish this many angled duck

what

is
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2020
First update! This time I have five pages. Expect either three pages or the standard four next week, I still haven't decided.
YOU BETTER DECIDE NOW OR ELSE

From my personal experience, I wouldn't make too big of a deal when it comes to update schedules. It adds unnecessary stress to the process. I let the validation of people commenting on the run be a main motivator to get stuff done. People want to see your run, but they're not refreshing at midnight on Monday (or are they?). Do whatever you have the most fun with!

Anyway, an adamant porygon in gen 4 should be interesting. I don't even know what I'd run on that. Are there any rules on you trading it back and forth to another game for porygon2 or Z?

JellySquiddy

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
YOU BETTER DECIDE NOW OR ELSE

From my personal experience, I wouldn't make too big of a deal when it comes to update schedules. It adds unnecessary stress to the process. I let the validation of people commenting on the run be a main motivator to get stuff done. People want to see your run, but they're not refreshing at midnight on Monday (or are they?). Do whatever you have the most fun with!

Anyway, an adamant porygon in gen 4 should be interesting. I don't even know what I'd run on that. Are there any rules on you trading it back and forth to another game for porygon2 or Z?
Trading to get a porygon2 is okay, but considering you don't even get the up-grade until Kanto, I didn't worry about it.

JellySquiddy

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
LONG OVERDUE COMIC STATUS UPDATE:

I haven't abandoned this project or the forums as a whole, as much as I've been making it look like I have.

Imma be doing the 100 Days of Nuzcomics challenge (which starts tomorrow big anxiety time), so expect the adventures of Jacky-Boy and his electronic pal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)