• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Johto Written Log It says here in my report... [COMPLETED]

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
it's time for pryce and the rockets

LET'S ROCK

now that i can surf and strength an fly, i go in for the great retreat

time to go....back

to THE RUINS OF ALPH

and in the grass there in the outside i find a natu! a sweet little bird girl

she teleports away from me, but i did roll a rule for her

data rule: future sight
While this Pokemon is in your party, when you encounter a Pokemon whose data rule would affect your Pokemon in any way, you may roll to see how it would affect your Pokemon before choosing whether to catch it or not. Must know Future Sight or Miracle Eye if possible.

anyway so i go ahead, and in chamber 3 i find a C shaped unown!

data rule: chosen of ho-oh
When this Pokemon is in your party, you may ignore the effects of data rules of Fire-type and Flying-type Pokemon in your party, and of Fire-type and Flying-type Pokemon that you catch. This Pokemon comes with a Rainbow Wing -- you may at any time sacrifice that Rainbow Wing to revive one Pokemon that died from a data rule.

cecil, after some testing, is determined to have a ghost type hidden power

not as funny as it would've been if it were fire. gus is literally the perfect unown

at this point a nerd ambushes me and upgrades my dex for unown forms. cool, but i regret to inform you that i am only going to catch 1 more. please console yourself sir, my avatar is 10 and uncaring

the omanyte puzzle down, i get to chamber 4 for my last unown: I (eye) form

data rule: chosen of ho-oh
(again???)
When this Pokemon is in your party, you may ignore the effects of data rules of Fire-type and Flying-type Pokemon in your party, and of Fire-type and Flying-type Pokemon that you catch. This Pokemon comes with a Rainbow Wing -- you may at any time sacrifice that Rainbow Wing to revive one Pokemon that died from a data rule.

named ida, i go about testing, and....and i'm pretty sure ida is dragon.

• Neutral against flying/normal
  • Neutral on water
  • Neutral on ground/rock
  • Neutral on grass/poison
  • Neutral on psychic
    • Not ground, not fire, not dark, not psychic, not water, not ice
    • normal/fire/water/grass/electric/ice/fighting/poison/ground/flying/psychic/bug/rock/ghost/dragon/dark/steel
DRAGON.

i get the kings rock, tm18, soft sand,,, a few others i forgot to note down

i do temporarily give dany the king's rock
vas gets the soft sand
layla gets the mystic water

i like being able to backtrack to snap up berries. i love berries. all my homies love berries

i swap out gaston's tackle for return, and get the magnet from sunny.

i immediately give dany that. ohhh yeah that's gonna pump up that thunderpunch

anyway i think that's all the backtracking i needed to do

TIME TO MOVE FORWARD!!!

pokemaniac shane bemoans his lack of moon stone for his nidorino.

unseemly cackling, i regret only that i didn't swap dany in to flex for the little nidoran girl as well

oh well. i have the better nidoran, shane. eat my dust

on rt 42 i get a lovely sweet baby mareep!!!!! her name is valorie

data rule: shock value
When you catch this Pokemon, 50% individual chance that each non-Electric, non-Ground Pokemon that damaged it (or the first Pokemon in your party if you obtained it without battle) is electrocuted. Electrocuted Pokemon become paralyzed and cannot be used until you defeat the next gym leader/totem Pokemon/kahuna/Champion.

hamish gets shocked, ugh

it's...it's fine. i wasn't going to use him against pryce...

and on rt 43 i get ekru, the pidgeotto!!

data rule: eagle eye
When this Pokemon is in your party and one of your Pokemon would be targeted by the negative effects of a data rule, 50% individual chance that the rule has no effect on that Pokemon. Must know Lock-On, Foresight, Miracle Eye, or a move that does not check accuracy.

and while i know the lake of rage shiny gyarados is a dupe of layla, i catch him for the fun of it. he can sit quietly in the box and nap or something

lloyd!! welcome to the crew!!!!! he fills up the last of box 1. 20/20

data rule: toxin resistant
This Pokemon is immune to the negative effects of data rules from Poison and Ground type Pokemon, and from the effects of data rules that would poison/paralyze/otherwise temporarily incapacitate the affected Pokemon. Must know at least one Poison or Ground move if possible.

i do, for the sake of honesty, run into 2 magikarp before i get to him. not all the magikarp are enraged here. team rocket is SLACKING

if i were boss rocket jr. like not-petrel (oh wait i'm not there in the story yet - forget this part) i would be better

also lance really does just FLY THE FUCK AWAY LIKE A TELEPORT? HELLO? LANCE?

my best guess is he's borrowing the abra from the guy in the pokemon league. pretend i don't know that yet

i exchange the red scale for the exp.share and slap that on hamish. he might not be able to participate but i want him to keep up in levels

and now it's rocket beatup time!!!

my first notice is that all these grunts are like. lvl 17-19. my team is just topping over lvl 30? hello???????? is this allowed?? ISN'T PRYCE IN THE MID 30S

i mean, he's clearly in his 60s but wait i think i've seen this joke before...

durin the crunch of me shattering rocket dreams, hamish hits 32 and evolves into meganium!!!! i am so proud of him

I did end up tripping some of the traps because i was bored of the puny grunts. which went fine. it wasn't lively, they got curbstomped

found a nugget but beni fucking stole it. fucking beni!! enjoy your gold, you sneaky little cat

some nobody calls mahogany a "home of ninjas" and that this "used to be a ninja hideout"

i don't buy it. (it's a neat base though, i like it)

"gold" shows up? why???? is he going to fight me? i don't remember him fighting me here in soul silver???? he seems boggled by lance, which...man me too

"gold" says that i'm kill-stealing him and he's mad about it. he wants stronger pokemon

spoiler: he does not get "stronger" pokemon, it's the same pokemon, just stronger. he's such a fucking softy

also can he stop manhandling me

"you could've become an executive" says one of the stronger rockets. and yeah i could've been the BOSS, if yall weren't so hung up on the old one. giovanni is dead gone, and you should be begging me to head up your shitty little operation

anyway out of pure spite i will thwart you

exp share comes off of hamish, and regretfully replace vas' headbutt with whirpool. eh

gym time!!!

the trainer's aren't...bad, but they're kind of easy

mallory's fire punch + charcoal really just...wrecks shop

i fucking love her yall she's my favorite

vs Pryce
dany's Thundyponch v seel icy wind
horn attack for the knockout
layla comes in to dragon rage the dewgong, who uses icy wind
dragon rage v aurora beam
tackle gets the faint
mally comes in, and fire punch nearly ohkos. the responding icy wind does get a spd drop
pryce heals to a night shade, and fire punch knocks it out

booyah, badge get.

elm calls me as i get out of the gym and goes "hey something's weird, how odd huh? in that place? anyway, take care"

i feel like i just got vagued into saving goldenrod

Anyway so i guess im doin the goldenrod tower thing!!!

the only upside is that the grunts are stronger.

vas tries out whirlpool and oh god it's fucking awful. he does learn earthquake!! YEAH BUDDY

and then of course "gold" ambushes me in the underground after i get through as much of the radio tower as possible

"i repay my debts" buddy with the way you hold grudges i bet you repay them with fucking interest
after a surprisingly easy win, he says he's gonna get stronger, and you know what? YEAH BUDDY NEVER GIVE UP

this underground shit fucking sucks. the switches/doors thing is terrible.

and self-destruct close calls really make me age like milk left on a countertop

"just like giovanni before me, i will disband team rocket" okay but is someone else gonna come along and restart it? perhaps....in kanto? in like 4 chapters from now??? (possibly, im not past the e4 yet)

the hyuck-hyuck guy maybe?

i get the silver wing, sunny day, the pink bow

and i put the pink bow on gaston!!!!! C:

next time we'll go fight clair

n-ice pryce baby

admittedly i've lost track of where my team's levels during this point. i forgot to take snapshots/notes sldfkj
team:
hamish, meganium, lvl??: drawn to the light (cancelled) ; miracle seed
gaston, noctowl, lvl??: chosen of uxie ; pink bow
mallory, gengar, lvl??: gas leak ; charcoal
dany, nidoking, lvl??: vessel of naganadel ; magnet
vasquez, quagsire, lvl??: chosen of manaphy [bonded w/dino, broken] ; soft sand
layla, gyarados, lvl??: destructive dragon of legend ; mystic water

box:
tia, skipbloom: drawn to the light
albert, unown [bug]: telepath
jimmy, togetic: share the love
niro, slowpoke: chosen of uxie
orblet, koffing: big stink
jan, exeggcute: drawn to the light
miren, eevee: fated path (flareon)
west, stantler: bewitcher
beni, meowth: coin hoarder [stolen: nugget]
elodie, miltank: herd instinct
uleigh, krabby: bubble cloak
jelice, tentacool: crystal beam
shuckie, shuckle: chosen of calyrex
stella, staryu: chosen of jirachi
gus, unown: chosen of ho-oh [held: rainbow wing]
cecil, unown: chosen of ho-oh [held: rainbow wing]
valorie, mareep: shock value
ekru, pidgeotto: eagle eye
lloyd, gyarados: toxin resistant [just here to have a good time]

OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
alright alright here we go!! last gym badge time - indigo league plateau

right so the first thing i do is exit right of mahogany and get a second shot at a bellsprout!! her name is yda

data rule: insectivore
When you catch this Pokemon, each Bug-type Pokemon you own (including in your box) has a 20% chance to die. Cannot switch out against Bug-type Pokemon. Cannot be on the same team as a Bug-type Pokemon (or it will eat it).

and i keep going, hit the ice path! pick up waterfall and teach it to layla

run into a jynx!! i faint her but i do roll a data rule for her anyway

data rule: chosen of meloetta
When this Pokemon is in your party, you may ignore the data rules of Normal, Fighting, and Psychic Pokemon in your party and Normal, Fighting, and Psychic Pokemon as you catch them. Must know at least two sound-based moves if possible. As long as this Pokemon is in your party, your entire party is immune to the negative effects of sound-based data rules, including data rules involving sound-based moves

once i get to blackthorn i take on clair right away! it goes alright and i forget to take notes

i go to the dragon's den and i am unimpressed with how simple it is? i guess i was expecting what it is in crystal. what a glow-up

i keep running into magikarp down there, which is pretty surprising. i pick up an ultra ball that beni doesn't get his grubby little hands on, and i also get to keep the master ball from elm

haha fucker

i put the clefairy and charmander doll down, and call it a day

and then i go to work and when i come home my 3ds ran out of battery and died....i hadn't saved

SO IT'S CLAIR TIME 2.0 (and i took notes C:)

Mallory vs Dragonaire
shadow ball, thunder wave gets off para
surf, paralyzed
surf, shadowball ko

Dragonaire vs Mallory
shadow ball, sp.def drop, thunderbolt
thunderbolt, shadow ball
thunderbolt, paralyzed
i heald up 2x for a crit thunderbolt, thunderbolt, and dragonair gets the para proc
heal, thunderbolt, thunderbolt, para
thunderbolt, para
heal, thudnerbolt, healed up the paralyze, thunderbolt, night shade k.o

Mallory vs Dragonair
shadow ball, sp.d drop, thunder wave miss
shadow ball k.o (whoop!)

Vas vs Kingdra
smokescreen, earthquake
surf, earthquake
clair heals, vas earthquake
layla swaps in, surf
d. rage, kingdra's dragonbreath crit and it gets the paralyze off
heal layla, hyper beam
cure the paralyze, recharge
d.rage for the knockout

HOO

"you're not ready for the pokemon league" girl i know that already lmao

this time i get a dratini!!! his name is treasure (per best friend suggestion)

data rule: majestic flight
Must know at least one Flying-type move. Cannot hold any heavy items (rocks, fossils, nuggets, Iron Ball)

i guess i don't need to get the dratini from the goldenrod game corner after all

exiting the den, elm wants something. yeah buddy gimme that masterball again

time to walk hom for the nostalgia of it!

pick up blackglasses, sharp beak, the ultra ball and then the masterball

beni fucking gets those this time. booooo beni

run into graveler on rt.45 olly!

data rule: rocky camouflage (master of disguise)
This Pokemon conceals itself as a rock and will not be noticed by predators. As such, it is immune to any data rules that would harm it, except for data rules that specifically target Rock-type Pokemon. Must know at least one Rock-type move if possible. Must hold a Hard Stone if possible.

then i head for all the locales now unlocked with waterfall! like mount mortar where i get a machop!! (i forget to name her, but she's gonna be called nadine informally until / if i use her and rename her)

data rule: rock lifter
Must know a Rock-type move if possible. Must have a Rock-type Pokemon in the party with it if possible. Must hold a Hard Stone if possible. Cannot switch out against Rock-type Pokemon.

i pick up the tyrogue gift - name of moose

data rule: martial artist
Must know at least two physical moves, and at least one of these moves must be Fighting-type. Can know a maximum of one special move and one status move.

moving on to the whirlpool islands

seel!! named misty

data rule: snow white
This Pokemon’s pure white coat protects it against predators in the snow. If this Pokemon is at the front of your party while you are in an icy area, your Pokemon are protected from the negative effects of data rules from any Pokemon you encounter in that area. Must know the move Camouflage if possible.

beni gets 2 ultra balls (damnit, beni)

and i find lugia!!! time to kill it

only notable thing is that lugia gets off a crit aeroblast, otherwise dany has killed a god!!

oh right the master ball......fuck beni gets the master ball

take good care of it you sneaky little devil

rt.27 time

"you've taken your first steps into kanto!!" thanks dude im glad to be here

nab a moonstone in tohjo falls

the old lady says she can see that my pokemon love me, and i get all warm and soft....man i love the affection mechanics in later gens SO MUCH

and i get a doduo encounter!! her name is viola

data rule: flightless bird
Cannot know any Flying-type attack moves (but can learn Flying-type status moves). Does not qualify as a Flying-type for the purposes of data rules.

extremely close call with a dude's girafarig with mally. forgot it was part normal type and it's confusion left mally with 3hp, ohhhhh hell

on rt.26 i find an arbok!!!! i faint it immediately by accident because im in the 40s now but i did go ahead and roll a data rule

data rule: egg eater
You may not keep Pokemon eggs or Pokemon that hold or resemble eggs (Chansey, Exeggcute, Togepi, etc.) in the same party as this Pokemon, or else they will be eaten. Must hold a Lucky Egg if possible.

the last trainer before the rival fight remarks that she feels sorry for "gold's" pokemon

it's okay lady just give him a little more time

time for "gold"

silver: IM INVINCIBLE
yeah buddy i believe in you

dany vs sneasel
double kick knockout on the first strike

kadabra vs gaston
return ohko

mally vs magneton
fire punch ohko

dany vs golbat
thunderpunch, confuse ray
hit in confusion, wing attack
ice punch ko

vas v typhlosion
smokescreen, earthquake 1hko

mally vs haunter
shadowball ohko

that was....surprisingly easy. i kind of miss early game when a rival fight terrified me? but also i like it when things aren't stressful...

the duality of man

"when i find out how to be the best i'll challenge you again"

yeah buddy i'll be waiting!!

Gave mally thunder and ice punch
Replaced double kick with earthquake for dany
Gave hamish solarbeam

Used up my rare candy to push dany to 44 and mally to 45
Still gonna try to get everyone up to 50 i think. To match lance’s ace

Oh i ran into raikou….it ran away

time to grind just a little more

it is a plateau right? hm

OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
HERE WE GO: THE LEAGUE

pre-battle check on levels
Mally (Gengar) lvl 45
Hamish (Meganium) lvl 44
Vasquez (Quagsire) lvl 43
Dany (Nidoking) lvl 44
Layla (Gyarados) lvl 43
Gaston (Noctowl) lvl43

Will "Losing is not an option!" Pokemon League Elite Four

Mally v xatu
  • Shadow ball 1hko
Mally vs jynx
  • Shadow ball 1hko
Mally vs exeggcutor
  • Fire punch 1hko
Hamish vs slowbro
  • Sunny day, amnesi
  • SOLARBEAM, psychic
  • SOLARBEAM
Mally vs Xatu (42)
  • Shadow ball 1hko

Mally lvl 46

Will: i - i can’t believe it

BELIEVE IT!!!

Koga: FWAHAHAHA

Mally vs araidos
  • Fire punch 1hko
Mally vs venomoth
  • Fire punch 1hko
Mally vs forretress
  • Fire punch 1hko
Vas vs muk
  • Earthquake 1hko
Dany vs crobat
  • Double team, Thunder punch
  • Wing attack, thunder punch

koga : ah! You have proven your worth!

Yeah buddy

Bruno: I see no fear in your eyes, hoo hah!!

didn't know bruno was a marine!!

Gaston vs hitmontop
  • Quick attack, confusion, confused hitmontop
  • Hurt itself, fly(turn1)
  • Hurt itself, fly (turn 2) miss
  • Quick attack, confusion
Vas vs onix
  • Earthquake (onix), surf ohko
Gaston vs hitmonlee
  • Flash (fail), swagger
  • Bitter berry, double kick
  • Fly (turn1), hi jump kick miss
  • Fly critical hit ko
Mally vs hitmonchan
  • Heal gaston, fire punch (burn)
  • Fire punch, burn chip damage, fire punch
  • Shadow ball, chip damage, fire punch
  • Heal mally, fire punch
  • Thunderpunch ko
Mally vs machamp
  • Thunderpunch, foresight
  • Swap gaston, rock slide- OH FUCK
  • Swap mally, cross chop (fail)
  • Fire punch, rock slide
  • Max potion on machamp, fire punch critical hit
  • Shadow ball critical hit

Bruno: why, how could we lose?

Fuck you is why

Healed up everybody
Restored mally’s pp

Karen: think you can take them? Just try

Vas vs umbreon
  • Sand attack, earthquake
  • Faint attack, surf
  • Faint attack, earthquake ko
Mally vs vileplume (NOT A DARK TYPE?)
  • Fire punch, stun spore
  • Moonlight, fire punch ko

Mally lvl. 47

Dany vs murkrow
  • Thunderpunch 1hko
Dany vs gengar
  • Lick, para, earthquake 1hko
Layla vs houndoom
  • Waterfall, crunch
  • Waterfall, crunch
  • Max potion houndoom, waterfall
  • Max potion layla, crunch (sp.d fall)
  • Waterfall ko

Karen: well aren’t you good. I like that in a trainer

Me, sweating a little bit: yes ma’am

Healed up

Lance: i’ve been waiting for you

Mally vs gyarados
  • Thunderpunch 1hko
Mally vs dragonite (lvl 47)
  • Ice punch 1hko
Mally vs dragonite (lvl 47)
  • Ice punch 1hko

Mally lvl 48

Mally vs aerodactyl
  • Ice punch, rock slide
  • Shadow ball ko
Dany vs charizard
  • Flamethrower, thunderpunch
  • Swap layla, flamethrower, burn
  • Heal mally, chip damage, flamethrower
  • Heal layla, wing attack crit
  • Waterfall ko
Mally vs dragonite (lvl 50)
  • Ice punch 1hko

Lance: ……it’s over

OH MY GOD I DID IT​

Mary wants an interview!!! Too bad mally can’t speak

She’s my sweetest girl

Nearly 70 hours to get here

Oak: i can see you’re trying, your pokedex is coming together

Is it, old man??

Oh the ending credits are so cute

Team shot:
Layla lvl 43
Gaston lvl 43
Vasquez lvl 43
Hamish lvl 44
Dany lvl 44
Mallory lvl 48

main team:
hamish, meganium, lvl44: drawn to the light (cancelled) ; miracle seed
gaston, noctowl, lvl43: chosen of uxie ; pink bow
mallory, gengar, lvl48: gas leak ; charcoal
dany, nidoking, lvl44: vessel of naganadel ; magnet
vasquez, quagsire, lvl43: chosen of manaphy [bonded w/dino, broken] ; soft sand
layla, gyarados, lvl43: destructive dragon of legend ; dragon fang [knows bit, dragonbreath, does not know hyper beam yet]

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
Congrats on your victory!

OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Congrats on your victory!
ty!!! i am king of johto now

and now we conquer kanto

Elm gives us the ss ticket!​

Off i go!!

Oh fuck an old man ran me over - his granddaughter is missing….oof buddy

Ooooo i have my own room

Mom called! She bought me a doll…what is ittt im stuck on this damn boat

Tiny little girl: you think i’m a baby? That’s not fair!!

Oh my god she’s 7

HOLY SHIT THE TEDDIURSA SPRITE IS SO CUTE

Ugh fine i’ll find the lazy sailor!!! Stop blocking the waaaaaaaaaaaay

“I do physical labor it’s exhausting!!” ugh

Yeah but when i worked construction when i took naps it was during my lunch break :/

I return the baby and get a metal coat! Nice… and we’re in kanto!!!

The snorlax in front of the diglett cave is BIG

Rare candy from the guy who likes his rapidash

Well i guess that just leaves surge’s gym? “Champ in the making!!! [...] the traps are offline”

Oh thank god i hate surge’s fucking traps

Okay this chiptune fucking rocks

surge: hey there little boy!

Ugh. is it too early to make people retire forever? is that a breach of power?

Vas vs raichu
Quick attack, earthquake

Vas v electabuzz
Light screen, earthquake

Vas v magneton
Double team, earthquake (miss)
Earthquake

Vas v electrode
Double team, earthquake

Vas v electrode
Double team, earthquake (miss)
Light screen off
Double team, earthquake

Vas to lvl 45!

Surge: wear [the thunderbadge] proudly, you hear?

Sir yes sir

Rt 6 magnemite

data rule: power drain
When you catch this Pokemon, each Electric-type Pokemon you own (including in your box) has a 20% chance to die. Cannot switch out against Electric-type Pokemon. Cannot be on the same team as another Electric-type Pokemon (or it will eat it). Must hold a Light Ball or Cell Battery if possible.
  • Mareep: 20/100; would fail
  • Hard pass

WHOOP, GOT PSYCHIC

Hmmmmmmmmm i'd need to get rid of an elemental punch on mally to use it...

I’ll hold onto it

Got the upgrade

Focus band get

sabrina: if you wish i shall show you my power!

Bring it

Mally time because i don’t want to fuck with psychics

Mally v espeon
Shadow ball

Mally lvl 49.

Mally v mr. mime
Shadow ball

Mally vs alakazam
Shadow ball

(aaa)

Okay
Christ.

Sabrina: Marshbadge draws out your subliminal powers

huh.

does that mean i can bend spoons with my mind?

hamish, meganium: drawn to the light (cancelled) ; miracle seed
gaston, noctowl: chosen of uxie ; pink bow
mallory, gengar: gas leak ; charcoal
dany, nidoking: vessel of naganadel ; magnet
vasquez, quagsire: chosen of manaphy [bonded w/dino, broken] ; soft sand
layla, gyarados: destructive dragon of legend ; dragon fang [knows bite, dragonbreath, does not know hyper beam yet]

Last edited:
OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
kanto episode 2

it's still daylight after i beat sabrina, so i intend to come back come back to rt 7 tonight to try and get a murkrow. for now i go the other way

and find an abra!!

data rule: future sight
While this Pokemon is in your party, when you encounter a Pokemon whose data rule would affect your Pokemon in any way, you may roll to see how it would affect your Pokemon before choosing whether to catch it or not. Must know Future Sight or Miracle Eye if possible.

Ah, it teleported away….

Dark tunnel!!

Cubone!!!!!!!!

data rule: descendant of ramparados (base marowak only)
This Pokemon is considered Ground/Rock type for the purpose of data rules. Must know at least one Rock, Ground, or Steel type move if possible. While this Pokemon is in your party, you may ignore the data rules of Rock-type Pokemon in your party, and of Rock-type Pokemon you catch. You may ignore the data rules of any fossil Pokemon in your party (including Genesect).

named them pally

moving on [at this point i realize im....forgetting to note down the routes i got these on. oops. i went thru kanto so fast]

next one! spearow!! name of gianette

data rule: weak flyer:
Weak Flyer (Spearow only). Can’t use Flying-type moves twice in a row. Loses this data rule when it evolves into Fearow.

I continue wandering, get to cerulean, and hear the dude go “bye-bye a go go” fkj

Incredible

“Secret is my mission”

Man so not-petrel couldn’t even keep rocket disbanded for 10 minutes

“Team rocket is broken by you??” yeah man, sorry

Got the machine part, returned the machine part, got zap cannon

Flew to saffron, talked to the copycat girl, went to vermillion and picked up the doll, returned it for the rail pass!

And i immediately go home because i need to beat up gina

I get distracted on the way back and accidentally go back to goldenrod and then to saffron again 2 more times due to button mashing

Don’t do work wars and play pokemon at the same time

it doesn't work out the way you like

Rt 24 i run into a sunkern! i name her kaylee

and she's the only grass type i have without the rule "drawn to the light"

data rule: chosen of solgaleo
Comes into effect when you evolve this Pokemon into Sunflora, or when you catch it as a Sunflora. When this Pokemon is in your party, you may ignore the effects of data rules of Psychic-type and Steel-type Pokemon in your party and of Psychic-type and Steel-type Pokemon as you catch them. If a Pokemon in your party can only be used during the day, its data rule is negated when it is in the same party as this Pokemon. If a data rule would have you sacrifice a Sun Stone, you do not need to sacrifice it. Must know a Psychic move if possible. Must know a Steel move if possible. Must hold a Sun Stone if possible

Alan calls for a rematch and i head onwards to grab misty anyway

Time for the slightly moved nugget gauntlet.

T..tiffany called me by accident

Won a nugget!

“You heard me, that’s right! Pest!!!” lmao, misty devolved into calling me names

misty: you may have plenty of badges but you better not take me too lightly!!

power on B)

Hamish v golduck
Sunny day, psychic
Solarbeam

Mally vs lapras
Thunderpunch, perish song
Thunderpunch

Hamish v quagsire
Solarbeam

Hamish v starmie
Ice beam, sunny day (ah.)
Swap dany, ice beam(ah.)
Swap mally, ice beam
Thunderpunch, god that must be 1hp, ice beam
Thunderpunch

misty: i’ll admit that you are skilled…

Thanks dear

Old woman “i sense a sinister shadow looming over you!”

M…my gengar??? you mean my gengar???? Anyway, cleanse tag got

OO. ABRA

data rule: chosen of uxie
Comes into effect as an Alakazam (or as a Kadabra if you are unable to obtain trade evolutions in the game you are playing). While this Pokemon is in your party, you may ignore the data rules of other Psychic type Pokemon in your party, and of Psychic-type Pokemon you catch. If a Pokemon’s data rule would affect any of your Pokemon, you may roll to learn the results of the data rule before you try to catch the Pokemon. If you have any Pokemon with Chosen of Azelf or Chosen of Mesprit, they must be in the same party as this Pokemon. This Pokemon cannot learn Amnesia. This Pokemon must know Future Sight or Miracle Eye if possible.

called him yancy!!

man i have so many chosen of uxies

Ah! Murkrow on rt 7 C:

Rolled a honchkrow rule, rerolled

data rule: nocturnal
Must know at least one Dark-type move if possible. Must know Moonlight if possible. In games with a day/night cycle, can only be used at night. In games with weather effects, cannot be used during the Sunny or Desolate Land weather effects.

Callin her zira, after a friend

Got the tm version of curse

Gym time

erika: i seem to have nodded off

Dany v tangela
Ice punch

Dany v victreebel
Ice punch, sunny day
Hyper potion, ice punch
Poison sting ko

Gaston v jumpluff
Fly turn 1, leech seed miss
Fly turn 2, cotton spore fail
Confusion k.o

Gaston v bellosom
Fly turn 1, solar beam turn 1
Fly turn 2, solar beam turn 2
Fl turn1, sunny day
Fly turn 2 knockout

Erika: i concede defeat

Ohhhhh yes giga drain B) hamish is getting that as soon as i don’t need cut anymore

team!
hamish, meganium: drawn to the light (cancelled) ; miracle seed
gaston, noctowl: chosen of uxie ; pink bow
mallory, gengar: gas leak ; charcoal
dany, nidoking: vessel of naganadel ; magnet
vasquez, quagsire: chosen of manaphy [bonded w/dino, broken] ; soft sand
layla, gyarados: destructive dragon of legend ; dragon fang [knows bite, dragonbreath, does not know hyper beam yet]

OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
kanto episode 3

run into a muk!!

data rule: vessel of naganadel
Must know a Poison-type move if possible. Must know a Dragon-type move if possible. As long as this Pokemon is in your party, all Pokemon in your party are protected from the negative effects of data rules from Poison-type and Dragon-type Pokemon, and from the data rule Venomous.

Yeah buddy. Phoned a best friend: felix the muk

ran into a slugma!!! bennet the slugma

data rule: chosen of heatran
When this Pokemon is in your party, you may ignore the negative effects of data rules of any Fire-type, Rock-type, Ground-type, or Steel-type Pokemon in your party, and of any Fire-type Pokemon that you catch. Must hold a Fire Stone or Sun Stone if possible. Must know a Fire-type move if possible. Must know a Rock, Ground, or Steel type move if possible

boss fight Janine: fufufu, im the real deal!!

Damnit i wanted the trainer…..i picked the real deal when i was down to 2 trainers. i wanted the exp from the last gym trainer...

Layla v crobat
Waterfall, screech
Waterfall ko

Gaston v weezing
Confusion, toxic fail
Confusion ko

Gaston v weezing
Confusion, toxic
Confusion k.o

Mally v venomoth
Fire punch

Mally v ariados
Fire punch

Damn janine is uh, weaker than i expected by a LOT

Janine: you’re a tough one!

thanks hun

Teacher hillary??? HELLO TEACHER SPRITE DO YOU HAVE A FREE EVENING, CAUSE OH BOY AM I GAY

Rt 14 nidorina!!

data rule: docile
Cannot lead the party. Cannot open a trainer battle with an attacking move. Must know at least two status moves if possible.

Named her gentle, because i love her ;o;

id really like to use her but i'd have to lose dany for that. maybe in another life, darling

Super rod get!!

Ran into a drowzee, named her dorothy

data rule: dreamnivore
Must know a move that causes sleep. Must know Dream Eater. Cannot switch out against a sleeping target.

Ah i seem to have…forgotten to get the radio card for kanto.....can't wake up the snorlax....

BUT THAT'S EASILY FIXED

Snorlax time

BHOLY FUCK IT’S LEVEL 50

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

it's dead now. i do not think i took notes because i was in a panic...
it didn't kill anybody and i don't remember it hurting anyone too bad, but the level difference was.......relatively huge. we're not really in our 50s yet, still upper 40s

digglet cave gives us a diglet!!

named him nome after the nome king from return to oz; yes i do watch movies with the best friend while i play silver

data rule: tunneler
Must know Dig if possible. Must be at the front of your party whenever you explore a cave/tunnel that you have not yet entered.

Called him nome

on my way thru pewter to viridian i get A PIKACHU ENCOUNTER. OH MY GOSH THE SPRITE IS SO FAT

LOOK AT WHAT THEY HAVE TAKEN FROM US

data rule: bringer of the storm
Must know at least two of these moves if possible: Rain Dance, Hail, Razor Wind, Twister, Icy Wind, Blizzard, Hurricane, Whirlpool, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Electric Terrain, Whirlwind, Weather Ball, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Tailwind. If Rain, Heavy Rain, or Hail are activated on the battlefield, you must switch into this Pokemon as soon as possible.

SO CUTE. AAA

oh i want to use her, her name is tik tok and i LOVE her

Got the rainbow wing from an old man!!! Gonna kill ho-oh at some point. probably right before the red fight as a pump it up (the energy) fight

boss fight brock: wow it's not often we get a challenger from johto

Hamish v graveler
Sunny day, defense curl
Solarbeam crit

Hamish v rhyhorn
Solar beam

Hamish v kabutops
Solar beam

Hamish v omastar
Solarbeam

Hamish v onix
Sunlight faded
Solarbeam turn 1, sandstorm
Sandstorm chip, Solarbeam turn2 k.o

Good lord brock’s shirt…i just realized he's wearing one

Brock: you’re stronger than i expected…

i figure i'll go straight from brock back thru mt moon, and look for a new friend on the way there

JIGGLYPUFF IS CUTE

data rule: bouncing ball
Every time this Pokemon uses a move in a trainer battle, 50% chance that it uses the same move on the next turn. If so, you are unable to use items or switch it out on that turn. Must know Rollout or Bounce if possible.

Name: illia

Oh “gold” ambushed me

“I’ve been thinking about what i’m lacking with my pokemon” yeah? Hows that going, bud?

You’ll show me? HELL YEAH DUDE

WAIT WHO IS AT THE FRONT OF OUR PARTIES

Vas v sneasel
Screech, earthquake

Vas v golbat
Confuse ray, confused hit
Wing attack, surf
Wing attack, surf

Mally vs alakazam
Oh hey he found a friend to trade with!
Shadowball

Vas v magneton
Earthquake

Vas v typhlosion
Heal, flame wheel
Flame wheel, earthquake

Vas v gengar
Shadowball, earthquake

And that’s all she wrote

Im so fuckin emotional about his journey oh my god ;o;

and in mt moon we get - - LARAMY THE PARAS

data rule: tochukaso medicine
At any point after this Pokemon evolves into Parasect (or when you catch it as a Parasect), you may sacrifice it to revive one Pokemon that died from a data rule. Must know a powder move if possible.
Named him laramy

Oh he filled box 2. swapped to box 4 (box 3 is the death box)

Mt moon was so sad…but not as sad as viridian forest

Back in viridian, i pick up dream eater and fight Cal, the Starter Boy

make it to pallet, and decide to take the league on again to level up...im pretty sure blue is a bigger leap in levels- TO GET AMBUSHED BY FUCKING SILVER

AAAAAA

gaston v sneasel
return, screech
quiick atack, confusion fail - oh right dark type
some attack, return

vas v magneton
earthquake

dany v crobat (hell yeah bro)
wing attack, thunderpunch
confuse ray, confused hit
wing attack, confused hit
hyper potion, wing attack
wing attaxk, thinderpunxh

mally v alajazam
shadowball

mally v gengar
shadowball

layla v typhlosioj
waterfall, smokescreen
waterfall

“hmph try not to lose”

i love him but please no more heart attacks. when do you fucking show up at the league and how do i not jump every time you show up

Time to fight cal again

Oak has nothing for me yet, he still underestimates me

Fucker

you remain only because i do not have the power to remove you

anyway, south of pallet!!

got a tangela i named ropeweed

data rule: descendant of cradily
This Pokemon is considered Grass/Rock type for the purpose of data rules. Must know at least one Rock, Ground, or Steel type move if possible. While this Pokemon is in your party, you may ignore the data rules of Rock-type Pokemon in your party, and of Rock-type Pokemon you catch. You may ignore the data rules of any fossil Pokemon in your party (including Genesect).

Blue: i was once the champion, tho it was only for a short time…

Yeah i think i remember kicking your ass in uh. Fire red i think. i never did play the original gen1, and i am actually stuck just outside misty in my first ever red playthrough, and the let's go remakes don't let me destroy you as champion.

Also wow he really do be mopey. Was i that mopey when i was 13? I don’t think so. Everyone was going thru their punk rock phase and i was having a country phase

emo? i don't know them, im boot scootin boogying my way thru middle school in fucking texas

I GUESS LANCE TAUGHT BLUE HOW TO TELEPORT WH

boss fight blaine: waaaaaaaaah [...] you'd better have a burn heal

Vas v magcargo
Surf

Vas v rapidash
Fire blast, surf

Vas v magmar
Sunny day, surf
Fire punch, surf

Blaine: awesome, i’ve burned out

Aw the gym guy showed up late, poor guy. “I knew you’d win” AW BRO

what the gym bro and i have is special.

Time to grind for blue….my guide is like "grind for blue" damn that’s a decent jump

Everyone is lvl 51

so i take on the league one more time!! for the second time actually - silver bumped me off my intended challenge

and i'll leave off the final gym leader for later!! blue and red in the very last update here

mallory (gengar) lvl.52: gas leak, charcoal
layla (gyarados) lvl51: destructive dragon of legend [bite, dragonbreath], dragon scale
dany (nidoking) lvl.51: vessel of naganadel [poison sting], magnet
vasquez (quagsire) lvl.51: chosen of manapy [bonded w/dino, broken] soft sand
gaston (noctowl) lvl.52: chosen of uxie, pink bow
hamish (meganium) lvl.53: drawn to the light [cancelled], miracle seed

OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
YEAH BUDDY IT'S THE END OF THE RUN

so to start off the grind i did the fast ship trainers, some rematches...

honestly at one point very, very early in i got frustrated and threw layla and dany into the daycare, im gonna pull out some babies and do some training while they rest up

Pulled out elodie and jimmy, put exp share on elodie

Put them both back after 1 trainer battle, because i realized splitting the exp at this point is just going to make me lose all my cool, time to just do rematches and ride the fast ships and walk walk walk

Mom bought me a - - - - - BIG SNORLAX

More rematches

AND I FIGURE I’LL CHECK OUT THE LAST ROUTE TO THE POKEMON LEAGUE —-- aaaaa PONYTA

data rule: fiery body
When you capture this Pokemon, each Pokemon that was damaged by it in battle/the Pokemon at the front of your party in Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee (except Pokemon that cannot be burned under normal circumstances due to typing, held item, or ability) has a 30% chance to die. If they are weak to the Fire type, they have an additional 20% chance to die (this effect is doubled if they are double weak to the Fire type), and if they were burned by this Pokemon, they have an additional 20% chance to die. Must know a move that can burn the target.

Regrettably, it declined to be caught damageless

So, no ponyta for me :(

Im not risking hamish

Took layla and dany back from the daycare couple after 2 levels each because i was having more success with just refighting people than i was walking almost 10,000 steps for 1 layla level

boss fight blue: hey don't worry about it

>:V i'll worry about whatever i want

Dany v pidgeot
Thunderpunch crit

Mally v alakazam
Shadow ball

Layla v rhydon
Waterfall

Dany v gyarados
Thunderpunch, rain dance
Full restore (g), thunderpunch
Full restore (g), thunderpunch
thunderpunch

Dany v arcanine
Extremespeed, earthquake
Earthquake

Mally v exeggcutor
Fire punch, solar beam turn 1
Fire punch

Earthbadge get B)

Blue: …

on my way to mount silver i run into!! PONYTA AGAIN

data rule: steed of calyrex (chosen of glastrier/spectrier)
You must sacrifice a Grass-type Pokemon to catch this Pokemon. If you have previously captured a Calyrex/Chosen of Calyrex (and it is still alive), you do not need to sacrifice a Grass-type Pokemon to catch this Pokemon. If you catch this Pokemon, randomly select from these options: 1. This Pokemon is the chosen of Glastier. While this Pokemon is in your party, you may ignore the effects of data rules of Ice-type Pokemon in your party and Ice-type Pokemon as you catch them. 2. This Pokemon is the chosen of Spectrier. While this Pokemon is in your party, you may ignore the effects of data rules of Ghost-type Pokemon in your party and Ghost-type Pokemon as you catch them.
  • If you have previously captured a Calyrex/Chosen of Calyrex (and it is still alive), you do not need to sacrifice a Grass-type Pokemon to catch this Pokemon [SHUCKIE THE SHUCKLE]
  • Chosen of glastrier

Christ on 1hp skldjf, name of Darla

Deleted whirlpool from vas
Deleted cut from hamy

Taught dany toxic instead of poison sting
Taught vas dynamicpunch
Gave mally psychic instead of thunderpunch
Gave hamy giga drain

I want return for him though :/

Got tired of grinding in mt silver, time for a e4 run

Did like, 4, and swapped out layla’s dragon fang for the mystic water

At least everyone is nearly 62! And mally is 63

BOO THE GRIND CONTINUES (60-??)

Got rid of rock smash on hamish for headbutt. That’ll have to do until i can get return

LEAVING OFF TONIGHT [July 8th] EVERYONE IS 64, GASTON 65 AND MALLY 67

Once mally is 70 i’ll kill ho-oh…i’ll give her thunderpunch briefly for that and then go back to ice punch

OKAY MALLY IS 70! layla/hamish are 65, and dany/gaston/vas are 66

Gave mally thunderpunch over ice punch

Tin tower time

Ugh, that was annoying. Gave mally the magnet!

Ho-oh v mally
Thunderpunch, swift
Thunderpunch k.o

MALLY, GODKILLER

Okay resorted items, and gave mally ice punch again

i literally cannot wait any longer, i'm going to die if i have to grind any more

i'll take my damn chances

boss fight red: ….

Vas v pikachu
Quick attack, crit dynamic punch

Venusaur v mally
Fire punch, sunny day
Fire punch k.o

Mally v snorlax
Fire punch, amnesia
Fire punch, rest
Ice punch, snoozy
Crit ice punch, snoozy
Ice punch, wakey & rest

Oh my god i hate this thing

Swap for dany, snoozy
Toxic, snore
Earthquake crit!!!!, wakey & body slam
Toxic, aaaaaa please don’t crit body slam - dany fainted anyway

Not a crit but still not great

Mally is back
Psychic, rest & became healthy (are you fucking with me??? it can just get rid of TOXIC THAT EASY? I'M FUCKING LIVID)
Ice punch, snoozy
Psychic, snoozy
Psychic, (fuck amnesia lol) crit!!!, wakey & amnesia
Psychic, rest

Swap out gaston, snoozy
Return, snore
Return, wakey & bodyslam get the para
Full restore for gaston, body slam
Return (oh fuck that was maybe a mistake) - CRIT, body slam SURVIVED WITH 8 HP
BODY SLam oh fuck the speed drop UGH, gaston k.o

Mally back out
Psychic crit for the k.o

Mally v espeon
Shadow ball OH FUCK, WAIT IS THAT 1 PIXEL OF HP OH NO, psychic - OI I THOUGHT THAT WAS A 2HKO ON MY BEHALF
Psychic k.o

Layla comes out
Psychic, waterfall

Hamish v blastoise
Giga drain is a 3hko i think, blizzard
Giga drain, blizzard miss
Giga drain

Charizard v vasquez
Flamethrower gets the burn off, surf
Ok that’s a 2hko, burn damage
Flamethrower, surf for the k.o

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh wait where’d red go
Oh fuck the credits again??? Wait but i wanted a team screenshot

Okay so. Ending team:
Vasquez, quagsire, lvl.66, soft sand, chosen of manaphy [bonded w/dino, broken]
Knows: surf, strength, earthquake, dynamic punch
Hamish, meganium, lvl.65, miracle seed, drawn to the light [cancelled]
Knows: sunny day, solar beam, headbutt, giga drain
Layla, gyarados, lvl.66 (65 at start), mystic water, destructive dragon of legend
Knows: waterfall, hyper beam, bite, dragonbreath
Gaston, noctowl, lvl.66, pink bow, chosen of uxie
Knows: return, confusion, flash, fly
Dany, nidoking, lvl.66, magnet, vessel of naganadel
Knows: toxic, thunderpunch, ice punch, earthquake
Mallory, gengar, lvl.70, charcoal, gas leak
Knows: psychic, fire punch, shadow ball, ice punch

team:
Vasquez, quagsire, lvl.66, soft sand, chosen of manaphy [bonded w/dino, broken]
Hamish, meganium, lvl.65, miracle seed, drawn to the light [cancelled]
Layla, gyarados, lvl.66 (65 at start), mystic water, destructive dragon of legend

deaths:
Gaston, noctowl, lvl.66, pink bow, chosen of uxie
Dany, nidoking, lvl.66, magnet, vessel of naganadel
Mallory, gengar, lvl.70, charcoal, gas leak
Weston, kakuna, lvl.9, vessel of naganadel
Kio, butterfree, lvl.19, voractious herbivore
Herbert, vulpix, lvl.23, chosen of entei
Dino, golbat, lvl.23, blood glutton
Juno, rattata, lvl.13, sensitive ears

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
Congrats on beating Red, and a moment of silence plus F to pay respects to the fallen.

OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
okay final thoughts!!!

i expected more difficulty from the ruleset itself, and had a pleasantly easy time! my team's rules were pretty low-impact, and they all jived well together (even if mally did box hami for a while pre-falkner)

it was fun, and i'd actually like to do another datalocke! maybe uh, not with johto again any time soon. i need a break from that grind heavy life

this was actually my first time playing johto all the way through to red! i'd never gotten past the e4 casually, i'd normally run out of steam after clair and restart from there [in soulsilver, because i was in love with walking around with babyform pokemon followin behind me]

Users who are viewing this thread