• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Not one but two anonymous angels wanted to get the word out about a hidden gem of a comic, feraligatr's Dear Sergio. This Shield Nuzlocke follows Sergio and his best only friend Hop!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Other It Happened in a Tabletop

Thread Description
what do you mean seduction isn't a skill

SnakeWrangler

Sorceress's Knight
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Poison
So this is basically "Greatest Chat Group Moments" except it doesn't have to be straight from a chat and you probably get the picture already

But yeah share your stories and greatest moments from tabletop games and/or RPGs, from either playing or running - doesn't have to just be DnD, obviously

Really I just wanted to make this thread as a callout for the huge fucking lesbian @Bigredlittlewolf who, during a fight with a sorceress I set up in the first session, asked as her first question: "How hot is she?"

She got hit with a Thunder Wave for her troubles

Reactions: Bug

Bigredlittlewolf

On the corner of happy and sleep depravity
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 16, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This user sometimes disappears for weeks on end to finish a single update, then bursts with activity for 30 hours straight.
If you give me an hour or two, I can go home and grab the "this is the only time someone's laughed about cancer" audio clip

Also my gay ass has been trying to get back to this sorceress too.

Huntress Wizard

zigzagoon is S-tier and you can't change my mind
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
randomizers are the only way this pokemon can feel alive again
this evening: the paladin in our group used her shield and the sun to make a makeshift laser pointer to keep a young, playful indrik from hurting anyone else by accident

monday evening: we broke out of prison, burning it down in the process

Z-nogyroP

oh i am just a bastard
Hacker
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
lizard??? lizard?????
i have gotten my players to feed their hair to a locker, pay a wet floor sign's bus fare, and eat a chocolate bar labelled CHOCOLATE THAT IS NOT POISONED

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Globetrotter
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
i have gotten my players to feed their hair to a locker, pay a wet floor sign's bus fare, and eat a chocolate bar labelled CHOCOLATE THAT IS NOT POISONED
she has also, as a player, used Conjure Animals to:
1- have badgers shit on stone griffons
2- airdropped horses on her enemies
3- Snakes. so many snakes. too many snakes.

Bigredlittlewolf

Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 16, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This user sometimes disappears for weeks on end to finish a single update, then bursts with activity for 30 hours straight.

It's a bit quiet, because we recorded it as our first microphone test. But here you go. The gang specifically laughing at cancer.

@SnakeWrangler @Bug @TinyCurlyFry

Faleep

Your local Non-binary ace Fox
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Normal, ???
Pokédex Entry
They’re a new discovery, and they seem to be a mixture of outgoing and shy. Loves things related to art and writing. Somehow writes on mobile
My best story is the time i convinced my DM to let me run a character that was a Necromancing Naturalist Cactus. Using the power of nature to ressurect and control the dead. Dm let me keep the cactus sheet face down for most of the run, so it looked like I just had a skeleton with this obsession with this single cactus.
Three of the party members had Paladin characters, and the other characters were all light aspects/generally against necromancy. They tried numerous times to get rid of my skeleton, and each time either the dm or I managed to thwart them.
Roll into late game. About lv 17-18 or so. We’re in a dungeon belonging to some sort of undead god and one of the paladins makes a risky move to sacrifice my skeleton to the undead god in order to summon it so they could kill it.
And the dice were in their favor.
They took my skeleton.
The DM goes silent while the rest of the team rejoices. Then, DM ominously says;
“You have angered the cactus. Roll for magical protection. Fal, roll magic.”
:3 basically my cactus had a late game spell that was home brewed and let me take control of a living character, sucking the life out of them to either empower or heal the cactus. Useable once per game.
The poor paladin that sacrificed my skeleton was the one who rolled the lowest, and my cactus had a high magic since I invested well into it... so yeah.
I basically stole someone’s character and the rest of my group hated me and my cactus for the rest of the game. XD

Bigredlittlewolf

Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 16, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
:3 basically my cactus had a late game spell that was home brewed and let me take control of a living character, sucking the life out of them to either empower or heal the cactus. Useable once per game.
So you played, a paras mushroom?? OH my god that's amazing and wow.

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.
My one and only experience with tabletops was an MiB-esque D&D oneshot, where we were supposed to be a bunch of highly experienced lv20s preserving The Masquerade, and we spent the first hour and a half trying to remove an animatronic fortune teller from a bar.

Also got my first TPK, because sometimes you just have the insatiable urge to create an earthquake about 100ft underground and planeshift away because it's 1am, the session lasted about three hours longer than was promised and there was an increasing sentiment that we needed to wrap the session up somehow.

Huntress Wizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
@Z-nogyroP I USED DETECT POISON AND DISEASE I DIDN'T JUST SHOVE THE CHOCOLATE BAR IN MY MOUTH

@Faleep that is... one of the most original character concepts I've ever heard XD what did the paladin's original player do after they got their character stolen?

Kieran Tasima

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 17, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
This was from a recently-completed campaign I was a part of.

Specifically, I played the sorcerer mentioned in the post. This was just one of the many shenanigans we got into.

That same group has started a new campaign (still in dnd 5e) now. In which we have... an edgelord elf wizard, a deadpan dhampir cleric, an overly enthusiastic superhero warforged fighter, and... well, the githyanki hasn't joined us yet (since the player was absent on our first session this past weekend), but pretty sure she's another edgy one/disaster gay. There's at least a little bit of homebrew going around, if the dhampir didn't make that obvious, so we'll see how that goes mechanically. In character though, it's already a wild ride. I will be sure to track shenanigans to share here.

Faleep

Your local Non-binary ace Fox
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Normal, ???
Pokédex Entry
They’re a new discovery, and they seem to be a mixture of outgoing and shy. Loves things related to art and writing. Somehow writes on mobile
@Bigredlittlewolf basically yeah! XD

@Huntress Wizard they had to make a new character cause unlike everyone else in the campaign they elected to not take on one of the many playable npcs we ran into. They stuck solely to their paladin. Until I yoinked it.
That was the only run I did with that particular group, but they play in a shop I frequent for cards so I see the DM and the players from time to time. The DM occasionally keeps me updated with other shenanigans that happens.
I’ve got another story that didn’t happen in a campaign i was in, but was in a campaign a friend was DM’ing.
My friend basically had a two party run set up, the players were one party and there was an NPC party that he controlled. They two parties became close friends n shit, until about mid game...
When the npc party got attacked by a group of Were-animals. (I say animals cause not a single one of them was a werewolf. There was a tiger, rat, bear, Goat, and I think a hyena? Or maybe a fox.)
The player party knew that the npc party had gotten attacked and went to their aid, and found out the truth during the next full moon.
What my friend did not expect for one of his players, a Huntsman with a few points into animal handling, to look at the DM, say, “my huntsman points to the tiger and shouts, ‘kitty!’ And I was to roll for animal handling.”
And then que the huntsman rolling an 18, plus his like, +4 proficiency in animal handling, against the DM’s 12 +6 for feral resistance.
My friend complained to me about the the damned huntsman tamed the feral were-tiger which was not how that encounter was supposed to go.

Huntress Wizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
last night was the first session of a new high-level campaign @Frostmourne put together, and our first task was to slay an Elder Tempest named Hurricane Lucille! i was playing a little Kobold ranger named Ptadri whose animal companion was a pteranodon named Bottle who hates strangers! we fucked Lucille UP and it was AWESOME

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................

Huntress Wizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
@Bug HELL YEAH

we were also allowed to use Revised Ranger which was nice when the Elder Tempest ass-blasted all of us with a Lightning Storm; it meant that Bottle did not instantly shrivel up and die. i'm hoping that future fights will let me do more attacking with both the little dragon and the flying lizard :D Bottle kind of had to be a good little mount and not move around much this fight, so that Ptadri could pick away at the tempest with her bow without getting too close

Z-nogyroP

oh i am just a bastard
Hacker
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
lizard??? lizard?????
i was in the same campaign as @Huntress Wizard and i was playing basically the worst character to ever exist, he's a furby rogue with legs and he inflicted 76 damage in a single attack

his mere existence was enough to tilt the elder tempest we were fighting off the face of the planet and at one point he hid as a bonus action by burying himself in the sand and she just couldn't find him

Huntress Wizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
@Z-nogyroP post the picture you drew of Soup you coward

Z-nogyroP

oh i am just a bastard
Hacker
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
lizard??? lizard?????
@Huntress Wizard

i like running the campaign i do because in the same session i can have my players relax in a spa run by some sapient pipes and a toilet monster, and then have a horrific long-legged abomination stab their adopted child through the eye

Huntress Wizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
@Frostmourne @Z-nogyroP

i love Dungeons and Dragons because in one game i play a paladin who's been looking for her parents for nine years, blames the gods for their disappearance, and has killed one of them already

while in another game i play a wildly flippant tabaxi rogue who climbed a tree and then couldn't get down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)