• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Hoenn INTERNSHIP: a Pokémon Emerald Nuzlocke

Thread Description
First time posting here about my emerald nuzlocke ^-^

AmossyRock

Derp
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 7, 2020
Nature
Hasty
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. ???
Hello!

Sooooooo, I had the hitch to make a nuzlocke for the longest time.
I used to draw crappy, meme filled comics back in 2012 when the trend was still new, but those were pure cringe.

And here we are, I finally gathered the courage to do something: this will be a passion project of mine I hope to see finished, something to help me exercise my drawing skills.

I have some pages i from 2019-early 2020 already made, I will slowly update them here every time I finish a new one (maybe once a month?)
As those pages were made in the span of nearly a year, the art style is very inconsistent, so I refer to them as "test pages". Still, I thought they were decent enough to post.

Let's hope this project won't die in a years-long hiatus!

DEVIANTART | INSTAGRAM

SYNOPSIS:
Momo is a 16 years old girl who studies hard to become a certified trainer.
This summer, she'll embark in her first official internship, under Professor's Birch's guide.
Follow her as she tries her best to balance school work, adolescence, her Pokémon and evil organizations!

RULES:
  • if a pokemon faints, it is dead and must be perma-boxed.
  • you may only catch the first pokemon encountered in each area.
    • forced encounters don't count toward the "first encounter" rule
    • duplicate pokemon must not be caught. in any given area the player has 3 chances to find a non-duplicate to catch.
    • all rules may be ignored if a shiny is encountered.
  • Battle style is "SET"

Please be patient with me, I am still figuring out how these forums work XD

Cover page: Cover
Page 1: INTERNSHIP 1

Last edited:

lesbian xion

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
the art style is adorable, and i'm very intrigued with the premise! now that i think abt it, pokemon internships make... a LOT of sense lol

excited to see where momo goes from here. and ofc, she chose the best starter for the job <3

Waweezer

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
I couldn't reply earlier but I like this idea

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
I actually saw this in DA and immediately followed it because I liked the artstyle!

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
oh no the art is adorable and so is that mudkip! man birch looks like a wild professor to intern under, hope they don't get pokerabies. great start to your comic, can't wait to see more!

Users who are viewing this thread