• The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • Check out the Nuzlocke Forums Fundraiser 2022 to see how you can help support the forums, earn new badges, and more! Goal: $1201/$1500
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Fan Game Commentary I'm Sorry Women (Pokemon Rejuvenation Hardcore)

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
Part 5.3 (7/12) BADGE: 5 / DEATH: 8

Derogatory Trainer

The hero you don't need but you're getting anyway.
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
Pokédex Entry
The most humble and modest braggart you will ever meet.
Nah, damage rolls are just... gone.
Oh.
Well okay then. Guess that makes things...easier?
I mean sometimes they came in handy for me too so I'm not sure.

Goddamnit, I'm 5'4". So I can't really say anything... Though, his height and backstory may make Geara the perfect Tumblr Sexyman.
You can still bully him at least.
Also I'm pretty sure he might even be smaller. His shoes look like they have lifts in them.
Get yourself a man with a deep tragic past but also needs help getting things off the high shelf? To...each their own, I guess?

Flash also lowers Accuracy by 2 in the Short-Circuit Field, which you may see some of later on. I dunno though, I'm generally not a big fan of evasion-hax in nuzlockes so I just don't like using this move LOL
Not much of a fan of that stuff either (prefer just ending the opponent rather than risking something on luck) but sometimes needs must and whatnot.

Nope, and nope. Marowak's level range is the same as everyone else's in the Wispy Tower area, and I really cannot be fucked to do a 5% / 5% encounter... Wait. Honestly,

Since you can get double battles in that area

And 5% TBH is more than the 2% for another item I was considering and also I may be getting a Tranquill soon and Super Luck gives more of an item boost than CompoundEyes...

Wait don't encourage this behavior DT!!!! I can't spend more time grinding, there's a game to play!!

....If updates slow down soon, you know why.
Hey just do what I do and watch Youtube videos while I grind for things. Makes it much easier to deal with.
Didn't know Super Luck did that now. Is it a Gen 8 feature?
Honestly, if Game Freak didn't have their heads up their ass and gave Tranquill a physical moveset instead of a special one, Unfezant would be a pretty good early bird Pokemon.
They need to introduce a lot more physical moves in general for Gen 9.

The distribution for that ability seems to be savanna animals / goats or deer... Like, why does Girafarig have that move, haha? And Azumarill, tf?
What a lazy decision. "Does it eat leaves? Ye- SAP SIPPER HIDDEN ABILITY. Sir, nobody in their right mind would use a Grass move on these Pokemo- SAP SIPPPPPPEEEERRRRRR"
Azumarill having it would be good if Huge Power wasn't better for it.

Hahahaha... that's a pretty brilliant plan actually-- most people use Quick Guard Fletchling with Leppa Berry to do it. Mr. Mime's Quick Guard is a level 1 move unfortunately so it isn't happening... Cursed Body is also a good alternative trick people use in Intense Mode, where mons have infinite PP.

Um but yeah like Nicky said I just click forfeit lmao. No deaths, no black-out screen since it's an optional battle. Did the same with the Mewtwo Madelis fight earlier.
I mean the Move Tutor's sister is still in Sheridan, right? It's not impossible...
FORFEIT!?!?
You can forfeit now!?
But...t-there's no running from a trainer battle!!! Who gave the green light to this heresy!?

I am not too attached to any of these fuckers but if I had to choose, it would be Quagsire or Obstagoon at this point. Quagsire provides way too much utility with either Unaware or Water Absorb (I have like 2 water resists) and the Shadow one coming with Recover is such a huge blessing-- it's normally an egg move. Obstagoon is just good. Insane damage potential with Guts Facade when a lot of major fights don't pre-heal you.
You'll never succeed if you don't love and respect your Pokemon, anting. The power of friendship is a very tangible thing in these ga-Oh right. No Poke-Amie in this. Carry on then.
Quagsire is a dope Pokemon in any Nuzlocke. Just gotta watch out for the rare Grass Knot.
Yeah it really sucks losing Guts Facade Pokemon. Especially when you never get to use them like that.
Okay WHICH major fights don't heal you because I think I should write that information down...

unknown.png

Wispy Ruins or Chasm encounter I forget because they look the same and are nearly in the same area. Shiny Claydol is fucking UGLY so I will be giving it a paint job when I use it. There is an item called the "Claydol Crest" which is very strong, but very late-game. It uses Claydol's Def for Sp.Atk and boosts the damage of "beam" moves (Psybeam, Charge Beam, Signal Beam etc) by 50%. This is very funny, you see, because it also removes the cooldown turn of Hyper Beam and charge turn of Solar Beam. STAB free 120BP Grass move is really great; I used a max speed Rapid Spin set before.

It used to be more broken-- stat changes would count, so you could use Cosmic Power or Reflect and just... win.

But yeah, excited to use this thing in about a hundred and fifty hours of gameplay, if I get that far.
What the fuck, that's broken as hell! No wonder Ryland's one was such a monster. I only survived by relying on Paralysis and spamming healing potions. I wish I was able to use it but my Claydol is already dead.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Presenting Route 4 in all its glory, the designated "Wild Area" of this game. It has a long way to go, but it's so huge and wonderful and there are so many things to do here!
unknown.png

Regenerating items daily, Pokemon Rangers that will sometimes give you gifts, static Pokemon and eventing that change upon time of day, mysterious areas still inaccessible to us like the train system and a couple of cave entrances, weather and fog, the Lost Camp which we will be getting a lot of goodies from, and most of all... Raid Dens! Yay!
Hot damn. Looks like a lot of fun to wander around.
Can't wait to see it finished.

They give out Shadow Pokemon, and you can collect Rift Essence from them which can be exchanged for numerous goodies: Crests, a Bicycle, a Chesnaught, etc. We can also use Rift Essence later on to catch a Beldum and get the Xen Waste item, which evolves Aevian Paras. The shopkeeper is an old hermit guy named Cairo who has an Excadrill and a custom move called "Quicksilver Spear" hidden in the code and is definitely not an E8 member or anything. He's basically Gundham Tanaka. In his house, there is a mismatched terrain tag which allows you to evolve Crabrawler. He comes from Neverwinter; maybe he just runs his AC at -30 degrees.
Do you have any specific rules about catching Pokemon here? Like one in the grass and one in the Raid Dens or whatever they are?
"Quicksilver Spear" Oh god why does that sound like an 80BP Steel version of Quick Attack? Huuuuu...
Is there any actual permanent icy areas in the game yet? I think Angie's stint in Terajuma was the only one...

unknown.png

We live in a society in which Mr. Mime's only attacking move remains Icy Wind. It hits both Pokemon in doubles...!
Egads.
I suppose with all the double battles in this game it's a pragmatic choice.
Still feels wrong to me.

unknown.png

I actually feel pretty bad about this death because Octillery should have lived, even though there is practically no usage for this Pokemon at all in the future.
Wait until Jan introduce an Octillery Crest that makes it the BEST Pokemon in the game.
It's bound to happen now that either of us can't get one.

unknown.png

unknown.png

These berries are so expensive but I need to min-max Quagsire, Eldegoss, and Delphox's EVs.
Double the price in Reborn and they're even stingier about giving you money in that game early on.

Okay, let's go visit Akuwa Town and answer a distress call.
unknown.png

The grunts here may be a little out of our league, though. This battle is meant to be unwinnable-- there's only three Pokemon, but one is a Mega Steelix and that just screams "you're in the wrong area"-- but we get to beat this grunt and her partner later on in a Help Center request. Can you imagine my little babies growing to be level 80? I sure can't.
Well I'm glad I missed this part. I prefer the idea that we were overwhelmed by superior numbers instead of "lol shame you're the ONLY one obeying the badge level cap rule"
The Dunsparce is the hardest to imagine. Don't think I ever saw anyone taking training one THAT far.

I REFUSE to talk about the two disasters of battles that happened this update so here is a different QOTD:

What is the prettiest / your favorite area in game? I know Pokemon isn't particularly known for its pretty graphics, but c'mon, the later games have cool camera angles to take pictures from and the earlier games have charming pixel overworld sprites.
Kalos Route 1
Honestly, had never considered this question before. It's definitely hard to choose in Rejuvenation after all the updates.
But in the official games...I guess Dendemille town is pretty nice? Absolute sweet fuck all to actually DO there but windmills are nice to look at.

If I ever play Rejuvenation (which I am seriously considering, but not as a straight-up nuzlocke because I'd lose), I'd probably catch the Pokemon to give to the aquarium even if I did use the 'first encounter only' rules for everything else, because I play games to have fun and this sounds like fun.
This is what I'd do too.
Collection quests for prizes hardly count against the ruleset. It's not like you're going to use any of the Pokemon.

Next up: Blacksteeple Castle, major battles with Emma, Madelis, Neved, and.... Madame X's level 100 Yveltal!
unknown.png

Take these backgrounds as previews! It's a very pretty area. And very story heavy, which of course means that no one here will have any fucking idea what is going on at any given time.

Oh boy. Not this place again.
I might just snooze on the next chapter. I hear there's some stupid prison tournament thing with the prize be a 1st class prison cell going on there now.
Who the fuck came up with that as a good idea? It'd be like handing prisoners guns and hoping they wouldn't immediately start shooting the guards.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
I might just snooze on the next chapter. I hear there's some stupid prison tournament thing with the prize be a 1st class prison cell going on there now.
Who the fuck came up with that as a good idea? It'd be like handing prisoners guns and hoping they wouldn't immediately start shooting the guards.
There's Pokemon logic and then there's this.

Nickytung

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
HAHAHAHAH that's the point!!!! A riot collects more souls for the Yveltal than normal genocide!!!

OP
antingaround

antingaround

genshin impact playerer
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
Pokédex Entry
nuzlocke psychopath
I started prepping for the Gym 6 fight and I was like... Wait the forums thread sure has Not Updated in a while. The run itself is going well, but I've been procrastinating this update because it's stupid and I'm stupid. Also it's long, I don't feel like splitting it up into 3 sections gg.
What the french toast am I looking at and why do I want it so badly

If I ever play Rejuvenation (which I am seriously considering, but not as a straight-up nuzlocke because I'd lose), I'd probably catch the Pokemon to give to the aquarium even if I did use the 'first encounter only' rules for everything else, because I play games to have fun and this sounds like fun.
It's a solid way to go. I am just avoiding catching / encountering Pokemon that break the "first encounter" rule (beyond use of Kalos Snorlax clause for Shadow Pokemon) because I think I've advertised this as a hardcore run and I think some people read this because I make things much harder for myself than they should be.

You get a Super Rod and Froakie from the aquarium quest completion too, so beyond seeing the aquarium fill out there's an actual reward too.

Though, that in itself is its own reward. The aquarium has multiple rooms!!! And the Pokemon move around and stuff! Here's a quick tour:
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Sex God Mon's memory lives on. There's also a habitat for the cold stuff and lots and lots and lots of fishies!

Kalos may have been not the best Pokemon game ever made (in hindsight, I personally see it as a glorified tech demo), but it has some pretty lovely areas such as Reflection Cave and Laverre City. Galar also has some nice places like Ballonlea and the Galar mines. (Hmm... I'm seeing something of a pattern in these areas...)
I LOVE how Kalos's map as you progress sort of changes with the seasons... It's genius. Probably unintentional, but genius. The music fits the scenery really well too. I remember seeing a Ballonlea screenshot for the first time, it was magical. I don't own SWSH but I think I saw a stream once with a Wild Area that looked kind of like a desert/rocky-ish area, and that place was also cool.

Nicole on her quest to kill as many rodents as she can while the plot takes her to a "rieducation" camp. I still doubt Madame X's intentions and the fact that she can travel through time but somehow doesn't know Melia is alive. Reeks of bait and trial.
Madame X is multiple theory gone wrong (not clickbait)

God (sex mon) is dead and we (Nim) have killed him.

for qotd, I don’t have a complete favorite area but the first that comes to mind is snowbelle city from x and y because of its music and setting
I need to struggle with the implication that I killed God, but also, I named like ten other PC fodder thingies some variant of "godmon" so we may have to resort to some good old polytheism. The area we head to next in this nuzlocke has a Snowbelle City remix from GlitchxCity. I'm gonna link it later, it's a banger.

oh no, octillery!

imagine knowing the story going on
I am kind of glad that no one is acknowledging Pachirisu's death. It will be forever forgotten in hell.

Before I start my reply I want to say that I literally only just realized you're AShinyRayquaza on Discord. Huh. I totally remember you from like... 4 years ago, back when I first joined the other nuzlocke discord.

That's gonna be a lot of drawing. 😳
Nah trust me, this chapter was a fluke. After this? No deaths. None. Yeah.

:drunk:

What's a paint job? 👀 Oh my goodness, no-charge Hyper Beam and Solar Beam? That sounds super fun.
I'm gonna recolor it. I had a lot of fun recoloring some of my ground types in my last run, but even though I had two separate Claydol (one for screens and Gravity utility and one Crest Claydol) I never bothered giving it a new shiny. Yeah no-charge Solar Beam is totally bonkers insane, which is probably why it's locked after two tough fights, a labyrinth, and is only available... Chapter 14.

I think it's important for you to know that Hariyama is currently my Surf slave. Quite literally swimming in his tears, all day every day.

Oh my gosh, a 2D Wild Area!? What!? This is so cool. Are you subdividing Route 4 into different subareas like SwSh's Wild Area? How do Rejuvenation nuzlockers usually handle this?
I just gave myself 1 encounter lol. Too much of a headache. The dens generally have three different encounter pools that increase via badge, and there are a bunch of statics as well as fishing / surf and ofc wild grass encounter tables.

But I was debating on what to get as my encounter for so long-- nothing being strictly necessary immediately but all being very good later on-- it's gonna take me like... 5 updates to finally show my catch LOL.

Ah, yes, Crabrawler: the Pokemon so overpowered that they needed to make it a location-based evolution in Victory Road. 😔
Man at least they moved that up in USUM. Alola had so many questionable design choices LOL. Imagine seeing a Pokemon at level 8 and not having it evolve until level 60 😭 Hello????

Tate and Liza are so criminal. Like the only Double Battle in a gym ever and it's... That.

Also re: Solatone, Nim fuses her Solrock and Lunatone later on and turns into Trick Room and that's really... yeah... Solrock fusion my beloved.
https://rejuvenation.fandom.com/wiki/Solrock

Mr. Mime knows how to cook. It needed to be nerfed somehow. 😔
c71a1b2c33cb4e5b30968649b519ec1a.gif
Mr. Mime is the new Pachirisu in that it's simultaneously suspiciously good with potential to grow while also being death fodder.

Oh my gosh, void battlefield and Rock Slide flinches. Based Nim. 😤
Final Destination jumpscare...

2/4??? 🔮

2/4!!! 🔮
I was actually very very surprised when you posted your death predictions. Eerily accurate. The last two deaths happen in this update, too...

Humanmon: Gotta collect 'em all!
Heyyy wait isn't that Touhoumon

Hey just do what I do and watch Youtube videos while I grind for things. Makes it much easier to deal with.
Didn't know Super Luck did that now. Is it a Gen 8 feature?
It's weird... Both Compound Eyes and Super Luck got buffed in gen 8, but Compound Eyes still has its original rate. Probably because no one is fucking insane enough to use Compound Eyes grinding regularly enough to notice a difference and it just never got updated within Pokemon Essentials, I guess.

Honestly, if Game Freak didn't have their heads up their ass and gave Tranquill a physical moveset instead of a special one, Unfezant would be a pretty good early bird Pokemon.

They need to introduce a lot more physical moves in general for Gen 9.
Literally all they needed to do was give early Hyper Voice akin to early Hyper Fang for Raticate. And Super Luck Air Cutter or whatever. Yeah I am really hoping for a good Physical Electric move next gen. Or just suck it up and give Plasma Fists to everything. Why does a weird furry dog rabbit thing have Plasma Fists, but not the baller punchy mon with huge fists? Electivire btw.

What a lazy decision. "Does it eat leaves? Ye- SAP SIPPER HIDDEN ABILITY. Sir, nobody in their right mind would use a Grass move on these Pokemo- SAP SIPPPPPPEEEERRRRRR"
Azumarill having it would be good if Huge Power wasn't better for it.
Azumarill used Sap Sipper a bit in gen 7 Smogon for choiced Kartana. This was back before Zapdos was really really good I assume.

I mean the Move Tutor's sister is still in Sheridan, right? It's not impossible...
Oh, funny story
She got moved until after Angie lmao
You have to do a lot of hard sidequests since it's locked behind a Kristiline Help Quest which needs you to have finished Kakori's lmao
Also egg move functionality isn't available until after you get Fly so even later later lmao
Lmao
I wish I could breed.

FORFEIT!?!?

You can forfeit now!?
But...t-there's no running from a trainer battle!!! Who gave the green light to this heresy!?
But it's not running, it's forfeiting! It's throwing fat wads of hundred dollar bills at their faces to distract them while you make a quick escape. Not running away, escaping. Quickly.

Quagsire is a dope Pokemon in any Nuzlocke. Just gotta watch out for the rare Grass Knot.
The rare Grass Knot has notably helped me more often than hurt because the AI always brings in the x4 move first after a KO and I can play around that with my many Grass resistances. Gotta watch out for lovely random trainers later on with random sets though.

Yeah it really sucks losing Guts Facade Pokemon. Especially when you never get to use them like that.

Okay WHICH major fights don't heal you because I think I should write that information down...
Aye I'd have to hop into RPG Maker XP to check because the auto-heal is an event and it is always a pain in the ass. Let me know which ones you want checked specifically and I can respond back

What the fuck, that's broken as hell! No wonder Ryland's one was such a monster. I only survived by relying on Paralysis and spamming healing potions. I wish I was able to use it but my Claydol is already dead.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Oh. RIP.

Y'know my potential Crest Luxray / Ariados are dead but those are kinda shit anyway so uh... yeah. Oof.

Hot damn. Looks like a lot of fun to wander around.
Can't wait to see it finished.
I can imagine this thing taking like a bajillion years to event. And all this on a twenty year old app LMAO insane

Do you have any specific rules about catching Pokemon here? Like one in the grass and one in the Raid Dens or whatever they are?
Nope, just one. This is advertised as a "difficulty run" so I guess...

"Quicksilver Spear" Oh god why does that sound like an 80BP Steel version of Quick Attack? Huuuuu...
> 679,QUICKSILVERSPEAR,Quicksilver Spear,213,80,STEEL,Physical,75,5,30,00,0,befg,"The user hurls a spear of quicksilver to pin the target. Drops speed and deals constant damage on Shadows/Rifts."

It's 75 BP Steel Physical and has a 30% chance to drop speed. Largely thematic it seems.

Is there any actual permanent icy areas in the game yet? I think Angie's stint in Terajuma was the only one...
Evergreen Island and the surrounding cave systems east of Akuwa after Surf. It's really pretty...
unknown.png
unknown.png

Egads.
I suppose with all the double battles in this game it's a pragmatic choice.
Still feels wrong to me.
[taps forehead] can't complain about a bad level-up movepool with no fairy STAB if you don't use STAB at all!

Wait until Jan introduce an Octillery Crest that makes it the BEST Pokemon in the game.
It's bound to happen now that either of us can't get one.
Motherfucker it would be like, a variant of Ariados Crest that plays off of Sniper (maybe priority to Beam moves and boosted crit chance). Like it would be super busted to make up for Octillery's... uh, everything... and we would cry.

Double the price in Reborn and they're even stingier about giving you money in that game early on.
Jezus. At least money-grinding is easier in this game thanks to Delphox's sticky fingers.

Well I'm glad I missed this part. I prefer the idea that we were overwhelmed by superior numbers instead of "lol shame you're the ONLY one obeying the badge level cap rule"
The Dunsparce is the hardest to imagine. Don't think I ever saw anyone taking training one THAT far.
Dunsparce... yeah. 🤐🤐🤐

Kalos Route 1
Honestly, had never considered this question before. It's definitely hard to choose in Rejuvenation after all the updates.
But in the official games...I guess Dendemille town is pretty nice? Absolute sweet fuck all to actually DO there but windmills are nice to look at.
THERE ARE RAILS THAT YOU CAN TRAVERSE THE TOWN ON IT'S EPIC

WHAT THE FUCK

they need to bring back the roller skates. it was mostly just to show off the 3d omnidirection as a "haha you thought we would keep to the cardinal directions but gotcha" thing but. holy fuck they need to bring back the roller skates.

This is what I'd do too.
Collection quests for prizes hardly count against the ruleset. It's not like you're going to use any of the Pokemon.
But what happens if you get a Pokemon out of it? It's hard to say... If I even get that far into the game I will probably end up doing it though LOL

Next up: Blacksteeple Castle, major battles with Emma, Madelis, Neved, and.... Madame X's level 100 Yveltal!

Oh boy. Not this place again.
Like basically, there are thingies that turn Pokemon against the trainer, and even if there is a riot there's (major ch15??? or at least v13 spoilers ahead) more energy for Yveltal, who may or may not be some form of Vitus/Indriad, who may or may not be Madame X's father, and basically if Yveltal awakens Madame X gets to destroy it once and for all, because possible patricide is awesome and there's just.. a lot. This section of the game is a lot.
Okay get ready for the clown production folks
There is some story. In fact, there is a lot of story. We meet a couple and more than a couple of people that are very important later on. Suffice to say that we do not care, I am now skipping about an hour of story.

But let's put on this area's BGM to set the mood. It's pretty good, I like this track.

Snowbelle City Remix- GlitchxCity

unknown.png

When we beat up a kid and steal his Mining Kit CRINGELORD levels up and he now has Nasty Plot. This will not be very useful in conjunction with Baton Pass because both CRINGELORD and my special attackers have all the bulk of a paper bag but, hey, it will be funny for a couple of fights at least.

Afterwards, we gain access to the DPP style mining minigame. You can soft reset for different outcomes so I quite literally sit here clicking f12 and mine for like 45 minutes. If the formatting is bad, I apologize in advance.
unknown.png

Bad fossil fite me.
unknown.png

Eh pretty common but I'll take it
unknown.png

Weather rocks yusss this is so useful for the Hail gym because the weather auto-resets back
unknown.png

FUCK NVM
unknown.png

I thought this was a Ground Plate and I pogged but gross it's Stone Plate.
unknown.png

I'll take this one for my Crobat though. Brave Bird does lots of damage even if it has poor Atk.
unknown.png

Thought this was Lileep and got excited but it's just Archen. Ehh.
unknown.png

Sweet. Both Damp and Heat Rocks for the relevant gyms if I can find myself a weather setter
unknown.png

Andddd fucking finally
There's a new item in the game called the Amplifield Rock. Not amplified, amplifield. This is because it extends field effects. Want an 8-turn Tailwind? Want an 8-turn Trick Room? This is the rock for you! It was literally a 0.3% chance from mining so I'm glad it didn't take me... that long to get.

unknown.png

At one point in the story hullabaloo we get access to bestie's Pokemon in our first real non-player-character controllable segment in the game. Aura Sphere isn't available on Togekiss until post-gym 7, Flamethrower until post-gym 12, all in all I'm pretty jealous. Togekiss itself isn't even available except as a seeded 1/21 Mystery Egg chance. Melia explains to us in an optional hang-out scene later on that she found Hapi as an egg just laying around in GDC and watched it hatch into a Togepi, which is actually really so typically Melia that it's sweet. She's so funny.

Speaking of Melia let's battle her rq. This isn't like a real battle, it's a 3v3 in a neutral field.
unknown.png

unknown.png

That's a Zoroark.
unknown.png

That's not a Zoroark.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Only major battle I used Nasty Plot Baton Pass Ambipom in.

Also there are encounters here. I'm really sorry that this part has no organization because I am just doing whatever.
unknown.png

Two separate areas with the same encounter pool. Tangela is great but I have Eldegoss and can get Foongus very soon pretty easily.
unknown.png

Tsukihime bear. It has terrible IVs one of the bad abilities and is Modest.
unknown.png

I listened to an expert and grabbed Cramorant because it is supposedly very useful. It will be as useful as Mr. Mime and Cacturne have been (which is to say, not thaatt much) and I should stop taking advice from this expert but, hey.

Bird. Funny bird. I really want to use this thing so we'll see. Being able to change plenty of fields with Dive when the actual HM itself is fairly late is very useful.

Okay with that out of the way, we'll cover three battles today. All against Team Xen... Because this is their castle jail energy-stealing soul-sucking op, ofc. And we are about to execute an awesome prison break.

unknown.png

Not much to say about this fight. In Normal Mode, her Houndoom thankfully doesn't have Lava Plume to change the field into a Volcanic Field, but unfortunately Wise Glasses is bugged like Muscle Band to give x1.21 damage instead of x1.1.
Lvl 39 58 SpA Black Glasses Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. Lvl 40 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire: 70-84 (44 - 52.8%) -- 21.1% chance to 2HKO
Blegh. That's my best Houndoom counter which isn't very awe-inspiring. Also, field-boosted Cinccino and Florges does a lot of damage. Rock-type moves are boosted by x1.5 because, duh, it's a cave. And Nature Power --> Rock Tomb does enough to be annoying. And Focus Sash Sharpedo is worrying.

This is technically our second fight because we forfeited the first one, the one against Shadow Mewtwo. We fight Madelis 4 times and 2 times are optional.
I kind of like the idea of having music links for your viewing pleasure. I enjoy the music in this game.
VS: Team Xen Executive- GlitchxCity

unknown.png

unknown.png

Technician Fake Out + Double Hit tenderizing most frail mons make CRINGELORD my new favorite lead. As long as Double Hit doesn't miss, of course.
unknown.png

Dazzling Gleam + Rock Tomb is a big ouchies but we kill this thing. Florges is absurdly bulky and absurdly early-- it's available on Route 4, which we just passed.
unknown.png

And it doesn't have a bad stat spread or movepool, either.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Sharpedo came in and I swapped to Quagsire. I should have clicked Aqua Tail / Earthquake and broken the Focus Sash but I clicked Yawn instead. The Tsareena switched in on the Yawn and the result was getting this Tsareena down ahead of schedule. God, the AI is so switch-happy when it knows it's in an unfavorable matchup and I love it.
unknown.png

I don't even need Obstruct's defense drop to 2hko this thing.
unknown.png

I let CRINGELORD clean up though because I want Obstagoon to have some extra health, just in case.
unknown.png

Whew. Flamethrower and Dark Pulse offset by Sitrus Berry. If I had gotten flinched there I would have been so upset.
unknown.png

Thanks for playing the "throw attacks at Waterbed" game, you've received death as your reward! Though Madelis isn't playing a Nuzlocke, so we'll see this Houndoom again. It ends up Mega Evolving...
unknown.png

Aight. Mons don't have optimized EVs yet, so Delphox outspeeds and OHKOs.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Eldegoss is low because at one point I used it to take a Sludge Bomb from Salazzle who came out earlier. The AI switches a lot and I am bad at taking screenshots, yeah?

After this, we're meant to go straight into another fight, but since Blacksteeple has been completely overhauled to have a coherent and also well-written and good-looking story, the eventing is a bit fucked up. So we can enter from a place whose exit hasn't been properly blocked, go back to the PC, reset the event, etc...

I drop off CRINGELORD and Kim in the PC, both being frail and not that useful for the next battle. I pick up Asmodeus and YourMom Joke.
unknown.png

It's a multi-battle with Aelita in a neutral field, so Neved's Pokemon are slightly higher leveled. I never really had trouble with this fight, given that it's a 12v6 and all. Let's just jump right in.
If you want more music just loop the previous Xen Executive track idk
unknown.png

This time, Asmodeus is actually going to be in the party so the Vs: Sprite actually makes sense.
unknown.png

I click Fake Out on the Tentacruel and Aelita does some Thunder Punch damage as well, paralyzing Tentacruel and making it use its Sitrus Berry. Blaziken just barely lives Crabhammer from Crabominable.
unknown.png

Aelita gets rid of the Tentacruel and I attempt to get some damage in on the Crabominable. Her Hawlucha dies sometime in between this screenshot and the previous one, because Manectric is faster and does wheee damage. Manectric is very good at killing Aelita's Pokemon so I switch my focus to killing it.
unknown.png

Hariyama is getting a bit too low for my taste so Waterbed comes in on a Rock Slide. The Manectric targets me with Volt Switch too, for some reason, so I essentially get a switch in for free.
unknown.png

Waterbed: Last (wo)man standing! Does that mean I win the Battle Royale?

Nope, Neved still has three more Pokemon.
unknown.png

And um. I didn't screenshot this turn at first because I thought it would be a fairly simple switch-in.

Mienfoo uses Fake Out on Barbaracle, and I sent in Eldegoss to take Aevian Palossand's Giga Drain. There is one issue though, because Palossand does not use Giga Drain on Quagsire's slot and clicks Ice Beam instead. Also it crits.

Initially I thought that Ice Beam wouldn't have killed Quagsire from that HP percentage because I had shuffled a bit of investment into SpDef via Cramorant EV grinding in preparation for the Houndoom Incident, but that's because uh
unknown.png

. I forgot to change the typing in the damage calculator when importing its spread for damage calculation. Turns out a NeverMeltIce STAB 100 spatk Ice Beam from something 4 levels above cap does a lot of damage!

So yeah, oops, I failed to prep for this thing and Hand Grenade exploded for good.

Also at one point Aelita's Gligar gets nuked by Palossand.
unknown.png

Thanks to Hand Grenade's final kablooey, Cotton Down lets us outspeed the Palossand and Barbaracle.
unknown.png

Sucker Punch hitting Barbaracle lets me safely Roost up back to near-full.
unknown.png

Final two! But Aelita's mon dies next turn. I really wanted to keep her stuff alive to be used as a punching bag instead of my Pokemon, but things really snowballed after I miscalc'ed the Palossand's damage.
unknown.png

Having a 2v1 isn't pleasant when I take way too much damage from both and don't deal enough in return. Asmodeus in particular can't do much here because Body Slam does like zero and Yawn wastes too many turns.

Everything I have is pretty low and I need to safely get into Delphox to kill them, but it's gonna get nuked if it's double targeted and won't be able to survive a retaliation attack from the Pokemon I don't target. Okay. We know which low-BST utility mon is falling off right about now!
unknown.png

It's a very very tough choice but it has to be done.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Oops
NuzlockeChart_2022-05-27-190751.png

Sheesh... That's two of my SpDef mons yeeted in one fight. Gotta be super careful in the future because rapidly losing defensive Pokemon in succession is how promising runs meet a slow death.

unknown.png

This battle is kind of tough! I quite like having spirit ghostly death apparation Asmodeus hang around us for the transition screen.
unknown.png

Hmm I do not think I am quite ready for this fight.

Though this battle is quite possible on Normal Mode. All you need is a Quick Guard Pokemon-- either the static Zubat via level up or static Fletchling in Oceana Pier when you first catch it and a Leppa Berry to replenish PP to outstall Decimation, Yveltal's only attack.

Yveltal's only move, Decimation is kind of cracked btw. 100 BP STAB, +1 priority, has the Sunsteel Strike / Moongeist Beam effect of ignoring abilities like Sturdy, Queenly Majesty, etc. And it also steals 1/8 of your Pokemon's HP at end of turn.
unknown.png

On Intense Mode it's even sillier because Pokemon have infinite PP to prevent Quick Guard stalling and it has shields to block other counterplay. To beat this thing in Intense, you would need a Cursed Body mon to proc Struggle or spam Cramorant because there is a bug that lets you preload Gulp Missile for that sweet fixed damage.

unknown.png

😢

Next up: Vs. Gym 5! It's Water-type! This is the second difficulty spike in the game, but at least they uploaded a quick patch that allows you to go back to the mainland and EV train up some Pokemon you can catch in the Terajuma Jungle to make things easier. Which is good, because I need to train up some stuff after what just happened.

Here's a preview for some post-gym content:
unknown.png

That's not my typical bad cropping by the way. All of the relevant information is in the screenshot.
Have you ever lost a Nuzlocke? Who did you lose to?

One of my favorite nuzlocke losses was due to Lucian in vanilla Platinum E4. Motherfucker got two SpAtk crits on my Calm Mind mon and since it was no items I didn't have enough HP left to sweep and had to come up with a new strategy on the spot. Ended up wiping to Cynthia as a result.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
Have you ever lost a Nuzlocke? Who did you lose to?
Wiped to postgame Guzma. I had a very specific BS Clause in place for that run that determined that TPKs did not count as deaths (but was balanced in that if I intentionally threw a match, it was Game Over), so it's not technically a spoiler because it didn't count under my specific rules, but it still hurt. He is indeed destruction in human form.

Tapu Koko was on that team. TAPU KOKO.

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
ASMODEUS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

for qotd one of my first gen 4 nuzlockes I lost to lucian and I lost multiple nuzlockes to ultra moon

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
I was literally thinking of doing some asmodeus fanart when I saw the new notification, I guess now it's time...

asmodeuspr

The design is somewhat based off the design of the actual asmodeus cuz I thought it'd look cool

anyways, see you in hell my sweet prince...

Nickytung

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
You didn't tell the good people that Aelita has been electro tortured for some minutes a day and kept in isolation for the past week. Which doesn't seem to have had an impact on her because she's much tougher than Heather (and has 2 other people inside her) but when you see that she brought Assault Vest Tailwind Staraptor you begin to wonder.

sky_

life is a trip alright (picrew by chereverie)
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
They are happy with rest, quiet and cuddles. They may try to be edgy or mysterious, but are often told that they present as the opposite.
Here's a Help Quest battle I forgot to do. It's no biggie though. Our team is still optimized for doubles so it went fairly well.
Oh my god that fight is indeed a Doubles fight I am not a Doubles player kjsdhfJDFH heaven help me
Thankfully it's optional. Another win for team Anting
Well done on all this! You are taking the game by storm omg xDD
There is some story. In fact, there is a lot of story. We meet a couple and more than a couple of people that are very important later on. Suffice to say that we do not care, I am now skipping about an hour of story.
This honestly sounds like an amazing idea and one which is much better for your patience than the alternative xD it's not like I am foolhardy enough to go through the plot in agonising deta-oh wait sdlkjfhKJSAFHKJFHA
When we beat up a kid and steal his Mining Kit CRINGELORD levels up and he now has Nasty Plot
wait we have to beat up a child this time?! oh no DDD: also oh my god that name makes the sentence very wild to read jdhfk

OP
antingaround

antingaround

genshin impact playerer
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
Pokédex Entry
nuzlocke psychopath
but when you see that she brought Assault Vest Tailwind Staraptor you begin to wonder.

the brain damage I'm afraid is irreversible but a quick feet granbull is quite genius I'm afraid

I was literally thinking of doing some asmodeus fanart when I saw the new notification, I guess now it's time...

HOLY FUCK THIS IS SO COOL I'M SORRY WOMEN FAN ART NO WAY!?!!!!! tysm ahhh 🥺🥺🥺

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
Man I miss checking in on this run for a bit and you fuckin' sac the goober snake. very unpoggles.

Amplified rock seems busted lmao, also posted too early rip

neved is the worst name I've ever heard

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Ah, the old r/nuzlocke Discord? Small world!

You at the start of this update:

Ooh, I love the new items on display here: matching Light Clay's screen-extending capabilities for those other buffing moves.

unknown.png

I listened to an expert and grabbed Cramorant because it is supposedly very useful. It will be as useful as Mr. Mime and Cacturne have been (which is to say, not thaatt much) and I should stop taking advice from this expert but, hey.
On one hand, custom sprite! On the other hand, oh no, Pikachu!

Oh, optional battles? Like Gary/Blue? You know, that's not something I realized that I missed (and I never finished FRLG and only played Yellow once) until now.

unknown.png

Technician Fake Out + Double Hit tenderizing most frail mons make CRINGELORD my new favorite lead. As long as Double Hit doesn't miss, of course.

God, the AI is so switch-happy when it knows it's in an unfavorable matchup and I love it.
And vanilla AI almost never switches, and that's equally exploitable. The world is in balance. 😌

Manectric is very good at killing Aelita's Pokemon
I love when multibattle partners are meatshields. (In my blind Shield nuzlocke, I never even took damage during the Legendary showdown, lol.)

We know which low-BST utility mon is falling off right about now!
unknown.png
Nooo!!! 😭 This is why I'd never be good at nuzlockes of fangames. I get too attached. 🥺

c o n v i c t i o n s , you say perfect time to plug this banger game

unknown.png

This battle is kind of tough! I quite like having spirit ghostly death apparation Asmodeus hang around us for the transition screen.
He shall haunt Team Xen for their crimes against god and anime. 😤

o n e m o v e m o n

OP
antingaround

antingaround

genshin impact playerer
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
Pokédex Entry
nuzlocke psychopath
The prodigal son returns. I went on vacation and was doing stuff and stuff...

Last time I played, I beat Gym 6. Right now, though, we're going to cover Gym 5. I do post updates to the forum's discord semi-irregularly, so I'm sorry if you got spoiled via that.
Wiped to postgame Guzma. I had a very specific BS Clause in place for that run that determined that TPKs did not count as deaths (but was balanced in that if I intentionally threw a match, it was Game Over), so it's not technically a spoiler because it didn't count under my specific rules, but it still hurt. He is indeed destruction in human form.

Tapu Koko was on that team. TAPU KOKO.
EVs on a team are hell, I don't blame you for losing to the boi himself. He fucks me over with RNG on the regular too, so much so that I always make sure to bring a Stealth Rock mon to a Guzma fight just in case.

ASMODEUS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

for qotd one of my first gen 4 nuzlockes I lost to lucian and I lost multiple nuzlockes to ultra moon

ALKJFDSLSAJFSFLJ USUM is hell it's actual literal hell. Asmodeus fanart has been enshrined on the first post on the thread btw, thanks again

You didn't tell the good people that Aelita has been electro tortured for some minutes a day and kept in isolation for the past week. Which doesn't seem to have had an impact on her because she's much tougher than Heather (and has 2 other people inside her) but when you see that she brought Assault Vest Tailwind Staraptor you begin to wonder.
yeahok.png Nicky prepare to grovel and cry and piss and shit at this update

Oh my god that fight is indeed a Doubles fight I am not a Doubles player kjsdhfJDFH heaven help me
You can always wait until you're 10 levels over. Because it's a nighttime-only fight I didn't know this battle existed in my first run so I steamrolled with level 50s
Well done on all this! You are taking the game by storm omg xDD
>:3 tyyy :)
This honestly sounds like an amazing idea and one which is much better for your patience than the alternative xD it's not like I am foolhardy enough to go through the plot in agonising deta-oh wait sdlkjfhKJSAFHKJFHA
Your Blacksteeple Castle update will be 9x the length of mine and honestly I'm here for it
wait we have to beat up a child this time?! oh no DDD: also oh my god that name makes the sentence very wild to read jdhfk
Later Valarie beats him up, so she's complicit in BillyBullying as well!

Man I miss checking in on this run for a bit and you fuckin' sac the goober snake. very unpoggles.

Amplified rock seems busted lmao, also posted too early rip

neved is the worst name I've ever heard
Maybe if I had the legendary 0anon support the lil guy wouldn't have died smh. Do you feel guilty. Do you feel overwhelming crushing sadness and depression
[Bucktooth glasses-wearing nerd voice ] It's Amplifield not Amplified (I feel so stupid every time I type its name out). But yeah it's hella stupid can't wait to show it off soon
Neved makes up for a bad name with a banger character design

You at the start of this update:

Holy fuck, I just got a blast of nostalgia like... I dunno, like standing in front of an AC when it's 100 degrees out. Man. We should bring MC parody vids back

Ooh, I love the new items on display here: matching Light Clay's screen-extending capabilities for those other buffing moves.
Well... there's a reason why this item isn't in the main game XD. Thematically it fits, but oh boy gameplay wise...

On one hand, custom sprite! On the other hand, oh no, Pikachu!

PEECKACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO [inhale]
unknown.png

She was the blueprint

Oh, optional battles? Like Gary/Blue? You know, that's not something I realized that I missed (and I never finished FRLG and only played Yellow once) until now.
You lose out on opportunities for friendship points and karma points by forfeiting these battles, but since I have never explained the friendship/karma system... Um, it doesn't matter. I thought that Blue's team changing based off of how many battles you've won/lost against him in lieu of a starter choice was very, very interesting. If the game wasn't piss-easy, I think it would have been a very cool mechanic.

Listen, using Mega Flygon in Insurgence gave the same energy hahahaha... Just have to make a couple sacrifices to RNGesus so I can consistently use low-accuracy moves. Blaziken needing to deal with both Sky Uppercut and Blaze Kick accuracy is frustrating as well.

And vanilla AI almost never switches, and that's equally exploitable. The world is in balance. 😌
Maybe one day... we'll get a game... with good switching AI.... And a good Battle Frontier system... Oh, that's the dream.

I love when multibattle partners are meatshields. (In my blind Shield nuzlocke, I never even took damage during the Legendary showdown, lol.)
That's incredible. Just have to finish the battle up quickly so that the meatshields can... uh. Meatshield.

Nooo!!! 😭 This is why I'd never be good at nuzlockes of fangames. I get too attached. 🥺
:^)

I mostly refer to my Pokemon by their species name for the sake of the viewer's comprehension because I know that 1. most of them die / get rotated into the PC box too fast to make an impression and 2. to prevent attachment

c o n v i c t i o n s , you say perfect time to plug this banger game
ARGH I want to get this game sooooooo bad, it's been on my wishlist since the demo came out... Alas, most of my gaming time has been spent on 3 Hopes and Genshin Impact recently... Maybe if it goes on sale?

He shall haunt Team Xen for their crimes against god and anime. 😤
Wait, crimes against anime? Listen, Madame X's design and boss battle was PEAK anime :v:

You know... There's another one (two) move mon later on:
unknown.png

Get hyped.

Here's a screenshot of my nuzlocke tracker thingy from 5/27, after I finished malding about Blacksteeple.
Screenshot_20220527-151017.png

Just a reminder of my box and stuff, because it's been a while since my last update. Sorry about that btw, it will happen again.
unknown.png

Going straight into a battle for this update, because there is just a bunch of story and stuff after we escape from Blacksteeple Castle. This is a singles fight on the Factory Field, and because we are currently stuck on a ship we can't go and grab EVs or level stuff. Thankfully, I took the liberty of doing most of the battle prep before we got sent to Blacksteeple so we only need to do a couple of things. It's a fairly easy fight anyway.
unknown.png
unknown.png

Remember that Moon Stone I picked up at the Ghost gym town? No? Well, I finally used it here because I needed more stats for the upcoming battle. I also take the liberty of changing her ability from Rivalry, finally, to get some more damage. I regret this later on because I want Rock Tomb speed drops, but we can't be perfect I suppose.
unknown.png

Hi Asmodeus
unknown.png

She leads with Zoroark, but switches out literally the first turn. Okay...
unknown.png

This Doublade is a big menace in later battles, but for now it can't really do anything against my tankier mons.
unknown.png

Darn, she switched out before I could give her the good old one-two with Waterbed.
unknown.png

I'm gonna be real, I don't even remember what move I clicked here (probably it was just Toxic Spikes) but suffice to say the AI is having a lot of fun playing keep-away.
unknown.png

Now that the biggest wall is down the rest of her team crumbles fairly easily. The Occa Berry doesn't really stop Lil' Slippy from tenderizing Doublade.
unknown.png

Because of my genius tactics, of course. You may be wondering: "Gee, Nicole/antingaround, why does Togekiss, a Flying-type, get affected by Toxic Spikes, a grounded hazard?"
unknown.png

I took the screenshot too slow but surprise it's actually Zoroark. Duh.
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

The last Snorlax was troublesome because I got para'd by Body Slam nearly immediately, but I managed to do some switchies and ended up getting Crobat in somehow.
unknown.png

Listen the battle happened months ago and it was kinda inconsequential lmao
unknown.png

We get ambushed by a couple of Pokemon Rangers as soon as we crashland in Terajuma. It's an optional battle, but it's a 12v6 multi-battle with Melia and we get some sweet friendship points with the bestie so why not.
unknown.png

There's a 6v8 (I think) rematch with them that I am low-key kind of dreading, and they have pretty cool Pokemon.

unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png

We can pay to go back to the mainland and then pay 10k for a Link Heart, which is the trade evolution item. That sets me back to broke again, because I spent all my money on EV berries and useless shit before heading to Blacksteeple.

unknown.png
unknown.png

Covet has 20 PP. With Magician, I can extend the amount of time I can battle for before heading back to Sheridan Village to heal my PP. And after a half hour or so of that, I have enough money to be comfortable again.
unknown.png

While we're in the Sheridan area, I completely forgot about this. There was a battle or something that I think I beat earlier, but then I never caught the dumb thing. He gets wide guard by level up so he's going to be really helpful for the ice gym, especially since my Terajuma Jungle catches are less than ideal.
unknown.png

I use that extra money to buy Rift Fragments and cycle through dens. For this. Argh. This Crest is great.

Okay... Now, water gym prep. Valarie is a huge skill curve for newer players because the Water Surface field is very... strong. So I end up overpreparing a little. (A lot. I overprep a lot. I had a really, really, bad experience with her on mono ground.)
unknown.png

Aquabatics is Val's sig move, gives +1 Speed +1 Sp. Atk. I would bitch about having to fight a special Dragon Dance sweep team but it's irrelevant-- the AI hardly ever clicks it and it's only on two Pokemon.

And for one of them....
Lvl 40 252 Atk Normal Gem Technician Ambipom Fake Out vs. Lvl 40 60 HP / 60 Def Primarina: 51-61 (38.6 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Lvl 40 252 Atk Technician Ambipom Double Hit (2 hits) vs. Lvl 40 60 HP / 60 Def Primarina: 68-84 (51.5 - 63.6%) -- approx. 50% chance to OHKO
Hahahahaha.

Here's some relevant information about the Water Surface field, I worked really hard on this section and I think it gives some good context for the battle:
  • The water strengthened the attack!
    Water-type moves increase in base power by 1.5x.
  • The water conducted the attack!
    Electric-type moves increase in base power by 1.5x.
  • The water deluged the attack...
    Fire-type moves against grounded Pokémon decrease in base power by 0.5x.
  • ...But there was no solid ground to attack from!
    Ground-type moves always fail
The Electric-type buff is neat, but there's a Volt Absorb Lanturn and a Lightning Rod Seaking and a Wacan Berry Primarina so bleh. And most of her mons outspeed even any Electric type, because...
  • Swift Swim, Hydration and Torrent are activated.
(What's essentially an Adaptability and double speed Floatzel with a bugged Muscle Band that gives x1.21 damage to all its moves is very strong, by the way. On the other hand, I have a Quagsire: Lvl 39 58 Atk Never-Melt Ice Floatzel Ice Punch vs. Lvl 40 252 HP / 252 Def Quagsire: 27-32 (16.9 - 20.1%) -- possible 5HKO)

You may have been wondering what that Hydration + Rest Dewgong was for. Now you know-- it gets a free heal as soon as it clicks Rest. Now, that Dewgong is extra annoying because it's seeded and it has a very INTERESTING moveset.
  • The attack rode the current!"
    Whirlpool, Surf, Dive, Muddy Water, Hydro Vortex, Origin Pulse → 1.5x boost.
  • Aqua Ring → restores 1/8 max HP each turn.
  • Whirlpool → deals 1/6 max HP damage each turn, confuses the target.
Why did I include Aqua Ring, you ask? Well:
  • Elemental Seed boosts Special Defense and applies Aqua Ring to the user.

To summarize, even though that Primarina is technically the ace with Special Dragon Dance Dual STAB and Ice Beam coverage and always-active Torrent + field boosted hits, it gets soloed by Ambipom. Therefore, the real threat is that Dewgong with:
  1. 1/8th healing per turn + free healing to full with Rest + always-active Hydration
  2. Stockpile and +1 spdef from seed to never die
  3. Whirlpool that traps you and makes you take 1/6 per turn + confusion
  4. Toxic to further chip damage
Evil Pokemon. Evil, evil, evil. I love it.

Alright, here's the plan:
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Using dupes clause and my previous catches, I manage to grab a Bibarel in Terajuma Jungle area and then a Foongus in the Deep Terajuma Jungle area. They have the same encounter tables. Unfortunately, by doing so I lose out on a Growlithe for the ice gym... but I have Throh so I'm sure it'll be alright. Foongus was originally +sp.atk -def which is obviously not ideal, so I change it to +sp.def -speed and EV train it in defense and HP.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Again, Shadow Pokemon when purified have preset EVs and IVs. Too lazy to optimize this one.

+1 Lvl 40 252+ Atk Cacturne Sucker Punch vs. Lvl 39 58 HP / 58 Def Seaking: 102-121 (82.2 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
But by the by, I find out that if I really wanted to, I could solo the gym with just Cacnea and Stealth Rocks support if I manage to get two Spiky Shield procs in a row. Of course I'm not risking my game plan on a 50/50 chance, but... Hey. It's possible. Where's the +1 attack boost coming from in this calc, you ask? Read the clickbait Spoiler Bar that says VS: VALARIE to find out.
unknown.png

Here's her team again for reference. Let's do this.

I recorded this battle in a video and turned on move animations. I decided I didn't really like this format, but it means that for once, you guys will be getting juicy screenshot frames instead of awful half-assed ones because I turn off move animations and turn on turbo mode.

unknown.png

unknown.png

I lead off with Cacturne because why not, let's get some Spiky Shield damage in.
unknown.png

I switch in on a Poison Jab and end up Aqua Tail-ing the Lanturn. I have to switch out now because Lanturn has HP Grass coverage. This is when I decide to record the video so the quality of the incoming screenshots is nuked sorry.
unknown.png
unknown.png

Hidden Power does less than Thunderbolt, and of course she can't use her preferred move Whirlpool because of Water Absorb.
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
1/6
unknown.png

Obviously, the Cell Battery was not necessary for this-- Lanturn would have just taken an extra turn to kill-- but I thought it was very funny. The damage calc I did of Cacturne earlier was for 31 attack IVs, so I just send in Quagsire because that was my original plan for Val.
unknown.png
unknown.png

In between these two images insert a bunch of missed attacks, Recovers, etc. Quagsire actually does plenty of damage here, being Adamant Nature and having STAB + x1.5 Water-type damage from the Water Surface. And it takes nothing in return and heals what damage it takes between Water Absorb-ing the field + Recover.
unknown.png
unknown.png

x2. I gave Quagsire a Pecha Berry in case Poison Jab poisoned me, but it never did. Peep the PP Ups I gave Aqua Tail in here as well.
unknown.png

Halfway there guys! Yippee sound effect.
unknown.png
unknown.png

It won't be using Sparkling Aria of course because my Quagsire is Water Absorb. So helpful-- I can easily switch in and experience Pink Hell Dazzling Gleam.
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
WA-POW
unknown.png
unknown.png

Alright Floatzel, you know the drill. Same thing as what happened to Qwilfish and Seaking--
unknown.png

Aw fuck

Looks like I missed Aqua Tail too many times. As a reminder I can't use Earthquake because the field blocks ground-type moves.
unknown.png
unknown.png

Effect Spore procced on that Brick Break hit, which I thought was very funny.
unknown.png

Val buddy your face and body are covered by your stupid seal thing
unknown.png

Oh boy Nicole/anting how are we going to deal with this you ask

It's not like I gave the answer earlier when I sent the team or anything.
unknown.png
unknown.png

Tutor move in Sheridan Village, which I grabbed when I went to go farm Stardust. No Resting for you. At all. (If it was still able to click Rest, that would be an issue because of Stockpile and stuff.) Also, it would be able to heal off...
unknown.png

unknown.png

Thank god for incrementing poison damage because this battle would have taken half a year without it
unknown.png

unknown.png

3 damage Giga Drain incoming. The Dewgong has +4 SpDef at this point.
unknown.png

unknown.png

NuzlockeChart_2022-05-28-033035.png

unknown.png

GGEZ

Tried some more fun ways of arranging images this time. Let me know how it looked.

Next time:
unknown.png

Surfing around and a couple of major battles with some new friends!
This gym battle wasn't exactly a sweep, but what was one way you managed to "sweep" a gym with minimal damage taken? No obvious answers, ie. set-up moves like Swords Dance.

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
The prodigal son returns. I went on vacation and was doing stuff and stuff...

Last time I played, I beat Gym 6. Right now, though, we're going to cover Gym 5. I do post updates to the forum's discord semi-irregularly, so I'm sorry if you got spoiled via that.
EVs on a team are hell, I don't blame you for losing to the boi himself. He fucks me over with RNG on the regular too, so much so that I always make sure to bring a Stealth Rock mon to a Guzma fight just in case.

ALKJFDSLSAJFSFLJ USUM is hell it's actual literal hell. Asmodeus fanart has been enshrined on the first post on the thread btw, thanks again

yeahok.png Nicky prepare to grovel and cry and piss and shit at this update

You can always wait until you're 10 levels over. Because it's a nighttime-only fight I didn't know this battle existed in my first run so I steamrolled with level 50s

>:3 tyyy :)

Your Blacksteeple Castle update will be 9x the length of mine and honestly I'm here for it

Later Valarie beats him up, so she's complicit in BillyBullying as well!

Maybe if I had the legendary 0anon support the lil guy wouldn't have died smh. Do you feel guilty. Do you feel overwhelming crushing sadness and depression
[Bucktooth glasses-wearing nerd voice ] It's Amplifield not Amplified (I feel so stupid every time I type its name out). But yeah it's hella stupid can't wait to show it off soon
Neved makes up for a bad name with a banger character design

Holy fuck, I just got a blast of nostalgia like... I dunno, like standing in front of an AC when it's 100 degrees out. Man. We should bring MC parody vids back

Well... there's a reason why this item isn't in the main game XD. Thematically it fits, but oh boy gameplay wise...

PEECKACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO [inhale]
unknown.png

She was the blueprint

You lose out on opportunities for friendship points and karma points by forfeiting these battles, but since I have never explained the friendship/karma system... Um, it doesn't matter. I thought that Blue's team changing based off of how many battles you've won/lost against him in lieu of a starter choice was very, very interesting. If the game wasn't piss-easy, I think it would have been a very cool mechanic.

Listen, using Mega Flygon in Insurgence gave the same energy hahahaha... Just have to make a couple sacrifices to RNGesus so I can consistently use low-accuracy moves. Blaziken needing to deal with both Sky Uppercut and Blaze Kick accuracy is frustrating as well.

Maybe one day... we'll get a game... with good switching AI.... And a good Battle Frontier system... Oh, that's the dream.

That's incredible. Just have to finish the battle up quickly so that the meatshields can... uh. Meatshield.

:^)

I mostly refer to my Pokemon by their species name for the sake of the viewer's comprehension because I know that 1. most of them die / get rotated into the PC box too fast to make an impression and 2. to prevent attachment

ARGH I want to get this game sooooooo bad, it's been on my wishlist since the demo came out... Alas, most of my gaming time has been spent on 3 Hopes and Genshin Impact recently... Maybe if it goes on sale?

Wait, crimes against anime? Listen, Madame X's design and boss battle was PEAK anime :v:

You know... There's another one (two) move mon later on:
unknown.png

Get hyped.
Here's a screenshot of my nuzlocke tracker thingy from 5/27, after I finished malding about Blacksteeple.
Screenshot_20220527-151017.png

Just a reminder of my box and stuff, because it's been a while since my last update. Sorry about that btw, it will happen again.
unknown.png

Going straight into a battle for this update, because there is just a bunch of story and stuff after we escape from Blacksteeple Castle. This is a singles fight on the Factory Field, and because we are currently stuck on a ship we can't go and grab EVs or level stuff. Thankfully, I took the liberty of doing most of the battle prep before we got sent to Blacksteeple so we only need to do a couple of things. It's a fairly easy fight anyway.
unknown.png
unknown.png

Remember that Moon Stone I picked up at the Ghost gym town? No? Well, I finally used it here because I needed more stats for the upcoming battle. I also take the liberty of changing her ability from Rivalry, finally, to get some more damage. I regret this later on because I want Rock Tomb speed drops, but we can't be perfect I suppose.
unknown.png

Hi Asmodeus
unknown.png

She leads with Zoroark, but switches out literally the first turn. Okay...
unknown.png

This Doublade is a big menace in later battles, but for now it can't really do anything against my tankier mons.
unknown.png

Darn, she switched out before I could give her the good old one-two with Waterbed.
unknown.png

I'm gonna be real, I don't even remember what move I clicked here (probably it was just Toxic Spikes) but suffice to say the AI is having a lot of fun playing keep-away.
unknown.png

Now that the biggest wall is down the rest of her team crumbles fairly easily. The Occa Berry doesn't really stop Lil' Slippy from tenderizing Doublade.
unknown.png

Because of my genius tactics, of course. You may be wondering: "Gee, Nicole/antingaround, why does Togekiss, a Flying-type, get affected by Toxic Spikes, a grounded hazard?"
unknown.png

I took the screenshot too slow but surprise it's actually Zoroark. Duh.
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

The last Snorlax was troublesome because I got para'd by Body Slam nearly immediately, but I managed to do some switchies and ended up getting Crobat in somehow.
unknown.png

Listen the battle happened months ago and it was kinda inconsequential lmao
unknown.png

We get ambushed by a couple of Pokemon Rangers as soon as we crashland in Terajuma. It's an optional battle, but it's a 12v6 multi-battle with Melia and we get some sweet friendship points with the bestie so why not.
unknown.png

There's a 6v8 (I think) rematch with them that I am low-key kind of dreading, and they have pretty cool Pokemon.

unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png

We can pay to go back to the mainland and then pay 10k for a Link Heart, which is the trade evolution item. That sets me back to broke again, because I spent all my money on EV berries and useless shit before heading to Blacksteeple.

unknown.png
unknown.png

Covet has 20 PP. With Magician, I can extend the amount of time I can battle for before heading back to Sheridan Village to heal my PP. And after a half hour or so of that, I have enough money to be comfortable again.
unknown.png

While we're in the Sheridan area, I completely forgot about this. There was a battle or something that I think I beat earlier, but then I never caught the dumb thing. He gets wide guard by level up so he's going to be really helpful for the ice gym, especially since my Terajuma Jungle catches are less than ideal.
unknown.png

I use that extra money to buy Rift Fragments and cycle through dens. For this. Argh. This Crest is great.

Okay... Now, water gym prep. Valarie is a huge skill curve for newer players because the Water Surface field is very... strong. So I end up overpreparing a little. (A lot. I overprep a lot. I had a really, really, bad experience with her on mono ground.)
unknown.png

Aquabatics is Val's sig move, gives +1 Speed +1 Sp. Atk. I would bitch about having to fight a special Dragon Dance sweep team but it's irrelevant-- the AI hardly ever clicks it and it's only on two Pokemon.

And for one of them....

Hahahahaha.

Here's some relevant information about the Water Surface field, I worked really hard on this section and I think it gives some good context for the battle:
The Electric-type buff is neat, but there's a Volt Absorb Lanturn and a Lightning Rod Seaking and a Wacan Berry Primarina so bleh. And most of her mons outspeed even any Electric type, because...

(What's essentially an Adaptability and double speed Floatzel with a bugged Muscle Band that gives x1.21 damage to all its moves is very strong, by the way. On the other hand, I have a Quagsire: Lvl 39 58 Atk Never-Melt Ice Floatzel Ice Punch vs. Lvl 40 252 HP / 252 Def Quagsire: 27-32 (16.9 - 20.1%) -- possible 5HKO)

You may have been wondering what that Hydration + Rest Dewgong was for. Now you know-- it gets a free heal as soon as it clicks Rest. Now, that Dewgong is extra annoying because it's seeded and it has a very INTERESTING moveset.

Why did I include Aqua Ring, you ask? Well:

To summarize, even though that Primarina is technically the ace with Special Dragon Dance Dual STAB and Ice Beam coverage and always-active Torrent + field boosted hits, it gets soloed by Ambipom. Therefore, the real threat is that Dewgong with:
  1. 1/8th healing per turn + free healing to full with Rest + always-active Hydration
  2. Stockpile and +1 spdef from seed to never die
  3. Whirlpool that traps you and makes you take 1/6 per turn + confusion
  4. Toxic to further chip damage
Evil Pokemon. Evil, evil, evil. I love it.

Alright, here's the plan:
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Using dupes clause and my previous catches, I manage to grab a Bibarel in Terajuma Jungle area and then a Foongus in the Deep Terajuma Jungle area. They have the same encounter tables. Unfortunately, by doing so I lose out on a Growlithe for the ice gym... but I have Throh so I'm sure it'll be alright. Foongus was originally +sp.atk -def which is obviously not ideal, so I change it to +sp.def -speed and EV train it in defense and HP.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Again, Shadow Pokemon when purified have preset EVs and IVs. Too lazy to optimize this one.

But by the by, I find out that if I really wanted to, I could solo the gym with just Cacnea and Stealth Rocks support if I manage to get two Spiky Shield procs in a row. Of course I'm not risking my game plan on a 50/50 chance, but... Hey. It's possible. Where's the +1 attack boost coming from in this calc, you ask? Read the clickbait Spoiler Bar that says VS: VALARIE to find out.
unknown.png

Here's her team again for reference. Let's do this.

I recorded this battle in a video and turned on move animations. I decided I didn't really like this format, but it means that for once, you guys will be getting juicy screenshot frames instead of awful half-assed ones because I turn off move animations and turn on turbo mode.

unknown.png

unknown.png

I lead off with Cacturne because why not, let's get some Spiky Shield damage in.
unknown.png

I switch in on a Poison Jab and end up Aqua Tail-ing the Lanturn. I have to switch out now because Lanturn has HP Grass coverage. This is when I decide to record the video so the quality of the incoming screenshots is nuked sorry.
unknown.png
unknown.png

Hidden Power does less than Thunderbolt, and of course she can't use her preferred move Whirlpool because of Water Absorb.
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
1/6
unknown.png

Obviously, the Cell Battery was not necessary for this-- Lanturn would have just taken an extra turn to kill-- but I thought it was very funny. The damage calc I did of Cacturne earlier was for 31 attack IVs, so I just send in Quagsire because that was my original plan for Val.
unknown.png
unknown.png

In between these two images insert a bunch of missed attacks, Recovers, etc. Quagsire actually does plenty of damage here, being Adamant Nature and having STAB + x1.5 Water-type damage from the Water Surface. And it takes nothing in return and heals what damage it takes between Water Absorb-ing the field + Recover.
unknown.png
unknown.png

x2. I gave Quagsire a Pecha Berry in case Poison Jab poisoned me, but it never did. Peep the PP Ups I gave Aqua Tail in here as well.
unknown.png

Halfway there guys! Yippee sound effect.
unknown.png
unknown.png

It won't be using Sparkling Aria of course because my Quagsire is Water Absorb. So helpful-- I can easily switch in and experience Pink Hell Dazzling Gleam.
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
WA-POW
unknown.png
unknown.png

Alright Floatzel, you know the drill. Same thing as what happened to Qwilfish and Seaking--
unknown.png

Aw fuck

Looks like I missed Aqua Tail too many times. As a reminder I can't use Earthquake because the field blocks ground-type moves.
unknown.png
unknown.png

Effect Spore procced on that Brick Break hit, which I thought was very funny.
unknown.png

Val buddy your face and body are covered by your stupid seal thing
unknown.png

Oh boy Nicole/anting how are we going to deal with this you ask

It's not like I gave the answer earlier when I sent the team or anything.
unknown.png
unknown.png

Tutor move in Sheridan Village, which I grabbed when I went to go farm Stardust. No Resting for you. At all. (If it was still able to click Rest, that would be an issue because of Stockpile and stuff.) Also, it would be able to heal off...
unknown.png

unknown.png

Thank god for incrementing poison damage because this battle would have taken half a year without it
unknown.png

unknown.png

3 damage Giga Drain incoming. The Dewgong has +4 SpDef at this point.
unknown.png

unknown.png

NuzlockeChart_2022-05-28-033035.png

unknown.png

GGEZ

Tried some more fun ways of arranging images this time. Let me know how it looked.

Next time:
unknown.png

Surfing around and a couple of major battles with some new friends!
This gym battle wasn't exactly a sweep, but what was one way you managed to "sweep" a gym with minimal damage taken? No obvious answers, ie. set-up moves like Swords Dance.

I miss Asmoduea but at least Hilarity’s pretty cool so far. Also I love the name for pichu. Plus, that part with aqua tail really brought back infuriating memories to me of missing the 90% a bunch of times.

For qotd, most sweeps I’ve done were with set up moves, but on a x nuzlocke I did beat Malva with no set up and without taking much damage.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
I do unironically love that Melia nicknames her Pokemon. I mean, I don't like the nicknames—they're too "main character syndrome" for me—but I appreciate an NPC showing virtual love to their pixels.

unknown.png

Ooh, when can you get Phione? 👀

Chad amongus 😤

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
legendary anon support here (no guilt felt 😎 )

confusion whirlpool kind of cool but also such a bastard move
Honestly that dewgong is probably more a threat than setup in AI hands. Free 100% heal + status purge kinda busted

Morty getting curbstomped by Rattata and awakenings is probably the classic sweep and also really funny. That Gengar can be nasty otherwise in hgss honestly.

OP
antingaround

antingaround

genshin impact playerer
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
Pokédex Entry
nuzlocke psychopath
I keep sending ctrl + enter instead of enter and posting the chapter early. God.

I really just need to get these updates out consistently, so that I can make progress in the nuzlocke itself. At this point I'm half-considering waiting for Rejuvenation 13.5 to drop so I can play with the field changes. Notably the ice and grass gyms are getting reworked. There will also be new sidequests around this section of the game I'm playing?
I miss Asmoduea but at least Hilarity’s pretty cool so far. Also I love the name for pichu. Plus, that part with aqua tail really brought back infuriating memories to me of missing the 90% a bunch of times.

For qotd, most sweeps I’ve done were with set up moves, but on a x nuzlocke I did beat Malva with no set up and without taking much damage.
I'm glad newer gens have Waterfall and Liquidation more accessible for good physical water STAB, but in Rejuvenation both of those are after Gym 13.

I love how Malva is largely implied to be a Team Flare admin and then nothing of note comes out of it? XY is a really funny game. Does that Malva sweep have anything to do with a certain Belle or a certain Dirtlad?

I do unironically love that Melia nicknames her Pokemon. I mean, I don't like the nicknames—they're too "main character syndrome" for me—but I appreciate an NPC showing virtual love to their pixels.

Ooh, when can you get Phione? 👀

Chad amongus 😤
The nicknames do help give the Pokemon a real identity, especially since they're used often in overworld cutscenes. A couple of other trainers have nicknamed Pokemon too, which can give hints to the trainer's personality if you're paying attention.

Phione is fortunately very soon after this gym battle, maybe next udpate?

Amoonguss really fills the Eldegoss-shaped Hand Grenade hole left in my heart.

legendary anon support here (no guilt felt 😎 )
goat
confusion whirlpool kind of cool but also such a bastard move
Honestly that dewgong is probably more a threat than setup in AI hands. Free 100% heal + status purge kinda busted

Morty getting curbstomped by Rattata and awakenings is probably the classic sweep and also really funny. That Gengar can be nasty otherwise in hgss honestly.
I am not a big fan of making RNG procs a huge part of fight but Confusion Whirlpool Is Really Funny.

Regarding Hydration Dewgong, some of the field effects are so specific you just know they're custom-made for a specific fight. Glitch Field makes Genesect immune to the type of drive it's holding at the moment. For example, if you were to have a certain Burn Drive equipped... And one field in particular has a REALLY INTERESTING (derogatory) ability reaction.

Morty is a really funny fight in particular because ghosts are supposed to be around equal to normal types (or at least, not countered by them) but most of the normal types you get by then kind of destroy Morty with secondary STAB or random low-level Dark-type coverage

Was saved from scrolling up to what part I was on by the fact that this is a new chapter. Uh, I think.
unknown.png

Yeah, okay. Welcome to Part 6.1 then!

If you remember Nim, she's the one with the annoying Psychic-type team. This is actually not a very good descriptor because there are several of those trainers hanging around the region. Okay, she's the one with the annoying Psychic-type team that fights double battles and will start using Trick Room.
I didn't screenshot it, but we got Surf from our best friend Melia after the new chapter header. The pacing for this HM is about equal to the mainline games-- Norman gives you Surf, too.
unknown.png

Lightning Rod is obviously a better ability for Raichu-- it's not exactly a tanky mon, and the Light Screen / Reflect TMs are post Gym 13-- but I'm planning to evolve this Pichu into Alolan Raichu, which only has one ability slot so it doesn't really matter. More importantly, by leading with a Pokemon that has Static, the chance of running into an Electric-type becomes 50%.

It used to be just Magnet Pull / Static / maybe another ability that increased odds for a specific type like that, but in SwSh they changed abilities to make them affect wild grass encounters for nearly every type. If you nuzlocke SwSh, that might be helpful to keep in mind! Especially since a lot of the encounter tables seem very bloated...

River's End is a neat "little"
unknown.png

hidden area. Do you see Route 3's golden trees at the top and Route 2's cherry blossom trees at the bottom? It's only accessible after getting Surf. Anyway, we'll be coming back to this area later for the Type: Null sidequest.

By "later", I mean either next update or sometime right before Gym 13 depending on my laziness. That sidequest needs a Magnet and those are... 2/ 5% wild held items... off of low encounter rates...

unknown.png

I love this Pokemon. It was either this or Bruxish for my River's End encounter and it was a REALLY tough choice but I eventually decided on going for Stunfisk. Of course, there were wild grass encounters too but they're not... good.

Not as good as Stunfisk or Bruxish, I mean. Which is admittedly a very high bar.

unknown.png

Heading up to Route 3 and west to the Goldenwood area, the patch of grass east of Wispy Tower is now available. There is an entrance to the Wispy Chasm here, but I need Rock Climb (Gym 7) to access it. I ended up catching Donphan, because there's not too many places Phantump's Harvest shenanigans will be useful.

Meanwhile Donphan is awesome because it can 1. switch in on anything and 2. FEAR kill a Pokemon. Reverse Candies are so amazing because it makes Level 1 Sturdy Berry Juice Endeavor Ice Shard shenanigans viable. Um, but besides the cheese potential it's probably still a good Pokemon in its own right! (Lying)

unknown.png

Doubling back to Phasial Cave on Route 3, there is a new area accessible to us with Surf: The Moon Field. Yeah.
The gimmick here is on Saturday at nighttime there are wild Clefairy.
And Clefairy is very good.
unknown.png

They give you a Moon Stone after a little dance cutscene.
unknown.png

These IVs are really great but it won't daunt me. I use the last of my extra EXP Candies and a couple of other valuable items I have lying around.
unknown.png

unknown.png

EV training and Nature changing also happened, but evidently I didn't see fit to screenshot that. I am also really bad at taking timely screenshots.
unknown.png

Also, unless you catch them, the static Clefairy chilling on top of the lake won't go away. Which means Lil' Slippy can do some slippy-ing-age
unknown.png

Although Comet Shards are wonderful for my money supply, I'm actually looking for another Moon Stone so I can evolve the Nidorino I used for like 3 parts earlygame and then boxed forever.

unknown.png

Remember Route 4? The area with the 50 encounters and Raid Dens? This happens at some point. Togedemaru is very good for the Electric Gym, but is a 4% encounter on Route 4. Thank you, Static!

We'll see if I regret not having picked up Alakazam or Klefki or Tsareena or whatnot instead at some point. But one of my many distinguished sources I refer to when playing this game recommended the rat, so I had to do it.

unknown.png

All of a sudden blink and you miss it I've finished up my fancy Surf journey replete with new cool TMs and new cool items and new cool Pokemon and we have to do plot again. This time Geara and Zetta and Professor Jenner have broken out of Crescent's dimension prison and Nim has turned into stone for spoiler reasons that aren't explained until Chapter 15. It's very exciting stuff really but it does mean we have to fight Geara again!

Ready to waste time?
unknown.png

His Morgrem and shiny Haunter + Clefairy have evolved since our last encounter. We're fighting him in singles this time, in the Forest Field, which is why his Pokemon have fancy and very strong moves! The field doesn't do much to help him this time, and singles matches are really easy.

In Intense, Geara keeps his Masquerain (Sticky Web drops speed by 2 stages on this field), but we thankfully don't have to worry about that!

Persian's Slash and Burn is a new general use Leaf Blade clone that has a very wide distribution-- we get this TM as a psuedo-reward for the Grass gym. Cut becomes Grass-type in Forest Field and all his Grass moves get boosted, which make up for the fact that they're not STAB. Again, Muscle Band and Wise Glasses are bugged to give a x1.21 boost which is kind of annoying because 3 of his mons carry that but it's not too big of a deal.
unknown.png

"Hello large dead ghost spirit Asmodeus, you're looking very charming today."
"Thank you anting Player Character. You as well!"
unknown.png

We take the obligatory starting Fake Out damage and use Cosmic Power. Now, I didn't mention changing Richochet's ability earlier. This is because in a game with set genders, Cute Charm is actually pretty strong. I set up a couple of Cosmic Powers before Marowak comes in to ruin my day.
unknown.png

Preventing chip damage is important!
unknown.png

We manage to set up all 6 Cosmic Powers while skillfully dodging Critical Hits and Burns.
unknown.png

Geara's Clefable paralyzed me before dying, which means Krookodile was able to set up a lot of Bulk Ups because I got fully paralyzed for like 5 turns in a row.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Saturday, May 28 2022
10:34 PM
why don't you suck my diccckkkkk
My commentary on Discord while uploading these images is really something else. Also wow I did that fight like 4 months ago.
After that intensely riveting fight we have to fight a miniboss. Similar to Zetta throwing us against Rift Gyarados, Geara gets very mad that my Clefable was better than his Clefable and throws us into a rift portal.
unknown.png
unknown.png

Unfortunately I cannot cheese with Clefable, as it has Coil and Gunk Shot and does a lot of damage
There is, however, a PC and Healing Star that I can use to switch out my team.
unknown.png

Obviously it clicks Coil spam against my Nidoqueen because I have max HP EVs. I counter it by spamming Charm, which drops 2 attack stages while Coil only boosts 1. And basically this happens.
unknown.png

Not to fear though, as I have the power of Hilarity and Toxicity by my side. Unfortunately, strong poison doesn't actually affect bosses, it works like normal poison instead. But since Rift Carnivine doesn't have any form of recovery, I am completely fine with Toxic stalling it out of its shields and HP bar.
unknown.png

unknown.png

It just keeps clicking Coil! Like it does not do an attacking move!
unknown.png

unknown.png

I think the PP display here is bugged, because I'm pretty sure boss Pokemon are still supposed to lose PP in Normal Mode and it should be out of Coils at this point-- Coil only has 20 PP just like Charm, and I am almost out of Charms. Hence why it clicks an attacking move this turn.
unknown.png

Don't mind clicking a Poison Sweep or two just to move things along.
Total HP lost:
unknown.png
Let's see what happens next...
unknown.png

After the Great Bridge of Myrddin incident there is some plot development and then we arrive at Kakori Village. This place has the Rangers Base and also the Safari Zone.
But I'm feeling lazy so I don't really want to cover it. There's not a lot that happens in this segment besides a couple of fights, so we can just squish it into the next update (whenever that happens)

(lol)

unknown.png

This happens at some point. Please wait patiently for your next installment of I'm Sorry Women.
Thick Fat is a really interesting ability, because sometimes it's on Pokemon that don't really need it like Pignite and sometimes it's on Pokemon that kind of appreciate it like Appletun. If you were to make a Thick Fat clone with different resistances, what would it be and what Pokemon would you give it to?

I would give something a Normal-Type resist via ability. Not because it's good, but because it's funny. Though in Rejuvenation, the Chilan Berry (halves normal-type damage) actually sees use! Which is cool!

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Never thought I’d ever see someone actually using cute charm but here I am.

Honestly the more I read of this series, the more I want to play the game, it looks so cool.

Also for qotd, make one for fighting and steel types and give to a bunch of rock and ice types, they need it.

Users who are viewing this thread