• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed, but you can find the user promotionals HERE and the final results HERE Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Fan Game Commentary I'm Sorry Women (Pokemon Rejuvenation Hardcore)

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
Part 5.2 (6/17) BADGE: 4 / DEATH: 8

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.

antingaround

Redemption arc
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
Pokédex Entry
nuzlocke psychopath
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
rainbow dash canonically ohkos the average level 30 pokemon in rainbow field

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
I’m loving these nickname, especially asmodeus as I’ve been researching the princes of hell for a project idea so seeing and understanding that name is pretty funny.

for qotd, gen 3 lombre. It’s best level water type move besides hydro pump at lvl 40 is water gun, and it’s best grass move is absorb, and the water stone is post rate and liza.

dear god

Chromia Sell

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 7, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pokémon Type
  1. Flying
  2. Ghost
QOTD: Can I please get a crumb of dark stab for my dearest Greninja please? No? Very well then.

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fighting
I love bullying children. She looks like she's about to cry, which she is. Meanwhile we're totally just chilling.
YEAH! Crush her self-esteem!
I would use Braixen, but frankly I don't have enough space on the team for it, it doesn't do enough damage for me to feel comfortable switching it in and trying to kill it, and its best special fire STAB is still Ember. Gen 6 Fire-type moment.
I genuinely cannot think of another early game fire type move. I know I should be able to, but I can't.
Inspired by Braixen's terrible rage-inducing earlygame moveset, what is the Worst Fucking Level Up Learnset you've seen on a Pokemon? pre-gen 4 Sandshrew and Fletchling jump to my mind immediately.
Look at any of Ariados' learnsets, but I'm most familiar with Gen III. It's so bad.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
I genuinely cannot think of another early game fire type move. I know I should be able to, but I can't.
Fire Spin and Flame Charge come to mind.

Derogatory Trainer

The hero you don't need but you're getting anyway.
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
Pokédex Entry
The most humble and modest braggart you will ever meet.
Always appreciate your comments. Nah, there's just a chapter 15 fight with a certain character that uses Aevian Parasect in Haunted Field. Thankfully you can cheese it with Magic Coat, but... Bleargh. It's a hard fight is all.
Magic Coat, huh?
I'll have to remember that.
I bet it's fucking Geara though. Little shit.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Well...I won't disagree that Veronica's good for entertainment value anyway.
The League and also plot in general is just a big contrived circus of loveable idiots and MC is the specator. The League's incompetence actually has a plot explanation which is very funny.
Is the explanation that they based it off of the Reborn League?
Pre-protagonist?
I laughed my ass off when I saw that scene. Like you could NOT have picked a worse one to emulate.

Derogatory Trainer said:
I know that's better for a Nuzlocke and all but Jesus Christ, why is this pre-Terajuma part of the game SO insistent on throwing you in a jail cell?
The Kecleon do it, Madelis does it in Caratos and Goldenleaf as well. Was it supposed to be foreshadowing for Blacksteeple?
Oh Madelis doesn't send you to jail anymore. Funnily enough after Blacksteeple I don't think the player character gets sent to jail afterward. A sign of improved plotwriting later on maybe!?
Either that or Jan couldn't top Blacksteeple and gave up on the whole "throw 'em in jail" thing.
I actually remember a much earlier version of Darchlight Caves having the pitfall drop the player in a jail cell.
Made me nostalgic.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Shit. I've been thinking that it was a 50% boost this whole time.

Geez. Really starting to see the benefits of Helping Hand in this run.
I never use that move myself.
Yeahhh it's pretty much outclassed by the bugged Muscle Band/Wide Lens even, being only single use and all. Woo, Gen 6+ mechanics. Helping Hand and utility are so useful in nuzlockes but I also personally just really like using them? I could've gotten by without it for this gym for sure.
Really only ever used them when a strategy required that I kill a particular Pokemon as fast as possible. It usually did the job so I guess I didn't notice.
It's a nice thing to see, at least. The power of friendship between your Pokemon and them cheering each other on.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Soak ironically would have come in very handy for the upcoming chapter of my own run.
Was it the one you recently posted or something else? I don't think we can use Soak on bosses anymore, so for now this move is totally useless besides as a funny doubles gimmick for Discharge spam or something.
Yeah it was the Ferrothorn fight.
God damn they really want to take out all the niche strategies we can use to cheese their bosses, huh?

Derogatory Trainer said:
Mr.Mime's still pretty good. Never used a Mr. Rime though. Its stats seem weird.
So mad we still don't have goddamn Protect yet. Like give us a CHANCE, will you?
It has a signature ability Screen Cleaner, which removes (you guessed it) screens from the field when it comes in. Helpful for Aurora Veil and whatnot before you get Brick Break, which is stupid late and has limited distribution. To be fair Protect completely fucks the AI on lower settings and is very useful for double battles manipulation. I have more than a few that learn the move (or variants) naturally, so you'll definitely see it in action and agree that it is very strong.
Huh...sort of like an opposite Mr. Mime then. That's pretty useful against tanks at least.
THAT'S WHY I WANT IIIIIIT. I'll take any advantage I can get at this point.
Yeah I was doing a Radical Red Nuzlocke and Protect has come in more useful more times than I can count. Can just use it to test what the opponent is going to do and the swap for a better type match-up. It's great.

Derogatory Trainer said:
I hear rumors that freeze is going to be replaced by "Frostbite" in later version of this game.
Not sure how I feel about that really. A special attack version of burn is good and all but freezing another Pokemon always felt like a special occurrence to me.
It won the poll, but as much as I bitch about freeze idk about a core mechanic being replaced. It's like if the game were to add like... PSMD alliance attacks or something. Yeah I agree that Frozen is meant to be a rare thing; ffs even Blizzard only has a 10% chance.
My suggestion would to just make new moves that only inflict Frostbite and leave the old ones alone. Maybe even give Frostbite it's own Will O Wisp if it doesn't already have one.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Kalos gyms after Grant sucks.
I think the long gap between Viola and Grant in Kalos was great because so much happened in between the two gyms battles.
But because it was so good the rest of the game doesn't hold up and feels like it's rushed.
I loved the routes in between... they were so fun (big castle route with two separate sections to explore, neat path and wild grass path), first intro to big city, the sand route riding a Rhyhorn, the really nice cave, Ambrette Town and the beach route, and Cyllage. All with awesome music. Having the game shotgun like three gyms in a row after that is sad.
I know, right? It felt like an actual adventure instead of just another gym gauntlet. If only the game kept it up it would probably be one of the best instead of..."meh".

unknown.png

First of all let's cover my first fucky-wucky of the game. I wanted the free Twisted Spoon from this thing but it turns out you can't steal items while bosses are shielded and then Psychic did enough damage to fuck up my calcs. Had to sack something to get a switch-in for Nidorino to kill with Sucker Punch after eating the shields and dealing damage with Encore-ing Calm Mind + spamming Icy Wind in the off-turns.
Oh jesus, this thing is a boss now instead of it just chucking a Nuzleaf at you?
A lot of the battle stuff I'm seeing makes me glad I started earlier for a change.

It's too bad that there aren't any Rainbow Field fights in this game (except for this one, which is a bit scuffed) because I really like this field because of how ridiculously unbalanced and gimmicky it is. LOL, look at SonicBoom FFS. I wonder what fights in Reborn use this field?
Jesus, 140?
Gonna have to take something with an absurd amount of health and Pain Split to deal with that bullshit if it ever comes up.

Aevian Lapras is physical Lapras and, I dunno if I've mentioned, has No Guard. And STAB Stone Edge / Zen Headbutt. And Dragon Dance. And Sing.
Aevian Lapras, you say? And a non-Spore 100% accurate sleep move?
Ah damn it. I used up my encounter getting that fused Solatone/Lunarock.

unknown.png

Another close fight. Dunsparce and Eldegoss especially took a lot of damage during that fight, definitely MVPs. Nidorina escapes the clutches of death once again.
Still no deaths though which is never a bad thing. And only bringing the one fighting type is pretty impressive.
Probably want to scrounge around for a Moonstone though.

Inspired by Braixen's terrible rage-inducing earlygame moveset, what is the Worst Fucking Level Up Learnset you've seen on a Pokemon? pre-gen 4 Sandshrew and Fletchling jump to my mind immediately.
Without being a snarky shit and saying "Unown", it's the entire Pidgeot line, easily.
Up until level 37 the only attacking flying move it will learn is fucking GUST.
And even then at level 37 it just gets Wing Attack a 60 power move.
Such garbage.

antingaround

Redemption arc
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
Pokédex Entry
nuzlocke psychopath
Got locked inside work because of a... TikTok party? Like a literal thousand people pulled up to the beach, it was really stupid. Good news is I'm home today and I finished playing through Chapter 4 a couple of days ago, so here's update 1/2. Or 3. I dunno yet.
There is a Cal battle in Reborn with the rainbow field, I don't know of any others though. QOTD: Can I please get a crumb of dark stab for my dearest Greninja please? No? Very well then.
Night Slash not good enough for you? No? Too bad. Being forced to run mixed Greninja in runs makes my skin crawl.

In the postgame in Reborn there is the Necrozma Anomaly fight in Rainbow Field, which has 4 mons with Prism Armor LMFAO. You also fight Primal Kyogre and Groudon in the Weather Gauntlet, (6vs24 in 2 double battles that will not heal you if you are in the Anna route) which auto makes Rainbow if they come out together.
You just know if a field buffs Legendary abilities/moves there is about to be some extreme BS taking place. Dunno about the Primal Leggies fight though, how does it get boosted?

Delibird, no contest. If that even qualifies as a level up learnset. It's literally Present and Drill Peck. If you're even playing a gen that has Drill Peck. Who the heck thought this was a good idea.
At least it gets some egg moves making it like... not usable, but not pathetic? I played a really nice hack a while ago with Refrigerate Extreme Speed Delibird. Popped a Choice Band on it, it was awesome.

I’m loving these nickname, especially asmodeus as I’ve been researching the princes of hell for a project idea so seeing and understanding that name is pretty funny.

for qotd, gen 3 lombre. It’s best level water type move besides hydro pump at lvl 40 is water gun, and it’s best grass move is absorb, and the water stone is post rate and liza.

dear god
Didn't know that about the name origin! Asmodeus comes from @/SnackyTheSylph's Bright Souls comic; he's really funny. Stone evolutions are notoriously shafted... I mean, look at Oddish. FFS if Grass Types don't get the Powder moves/Leech Seed, they are really up shit creek without a paddle.

YEAH! Crush her self-esteem!

Look at any of Ariados' learnsets, but I'm most familiar with Gen III. It's so bad.
I feel bad for the kid. I think she's like eight or nine. Yeah what Trollkitten said, those two are literally the only ones and they're already TMs that I get by that point anyway.
And speaking of Ariados I actually use it really fucking stellar learnset in the next update, so look forward to that. It gets Sticky Web by level up (very late) at least.

Magic Coat, huh?
I'll have to remember that.
I bet it's fucking Geara though. Little shit.
Yeah, correct in one. Real jumpscare battle too.

Is the explanation that they based it off of the Reborn League?
Pre-protagonist?
I laughed my ass off when I saw that scene. Like you could NOT have picked a worse one to emulate.
I don't want to give away the reveal because it's kind of hilarious. I should play Reborn e19. Official release and all. Heard you can get real busted stuff early but also that the grind is a bit of a pain...

Either that or Jan couldn't top Blacksteeple and gave up on the whole "throw 'em in jail" thing.
I actually remember a much earlier version of Darchlight Caves having the pitfall drop the player in a jail cell.
Made me nostalgic.
Pitfall... jail cell... Feel bad for the Bladestar Grunts who have to spend their time clearing the cell of stray Impidimp or Oricorio or whatever the fuck that fall in accidentally.

Really only ever used them when a strategy required that I kill a particular Pokemon as fast as possible. It usually did the job so I guess I didn't notice.
It's a nice thing to see, at least. The power of friendship between your Pokemon and them cheering each other on.
Playing without items forces more economical turn usage earlygame. Lategame I think I can have enough encounters to just throw death fodder at my enemies if things go sideways!

Yeah it was the Ferrothorn fight.
God damn they really want to take out all the niche strategies we can use to cheese their bosses, huh?
They missed a few though. I might show them off later on!

Huh...sort of like an opposite Mr. Mime then. That's pretty useful against tanks at least.
THAT'S WHY I WANT IIIIIIT. I'll take any advantage I can get at this point.
It also gets Hypnosis unlike the regular Mime! ...I really regret evolving mine into the Kanto form now.

Yeah I was doing a Radical Red Nuzlocke and Protect has come in more useful more times than I can count. Can just use it to test what the opponent is going to do and the swap for a better type match-up. It's great.
In this, it's very very useful for doubles to give you essentially free turns, since more often than not the AI will double target the frailer mon.

My suggestion would to just make new moves that only inflict Frostbite and leave the old ones alone. Maybe even give Frostbite it's own Will O Wisp if it doesn't already have one.
Fantastic. There are already some empty TM slots for custom moves, like... Douse? WTF is that.

Oh jesus, this thing is a boss now instead of it just chucking a Nuzleaf at you?
A lot of the battle stuff I'm seeing makes me glad I started earlier for a change.
A Nuzleaf!? alkdsjf that's strangely appropriate.

Jesus, 140?
Gonna have to take something with an absurd amount of health and Pain Split to deal with that bullshit if it ever comes up.
Honestly 140 damage is pretty pathetic. At level 90 (the current level cap) it doesn't even 2ko a mon with base 70 HP. ...You can also just use a Ghost-type.

Aevian Lapras, you say? And a non-Spore 100% accurate sleep move?
Ah damn it. I used up my encounter getting that fused Solatone/Lunarock.
RIP. You can live vicariously through me when I catch it in about... four chapters (there is a non-zero chance it will die out of stupidity in the first major battle it is in)

Still no deaths though which is never a bad thing. And only bringing the one fighting type is pretty impressive.
Probably want to scrounge around for a Moonstone though.
First Moonstone comes this update actually. But uh... I haven't used it yet, no reason to. I want to wait for Poison Jab / Toxic Spikes first, I think.

Without being a snarky shit and saying "Unown", it's the entire Pidgeot line, easily.
Up until level 37 the only attacking flying move it will learn is fucking GUST.
And even then at level 37 it just gets Wing Attack a 60 power move.
Such garbage.
Really does rely on you getting the Fly HM around level 30 in Kanto, huh. ...Not like Talonflame is any different. They kind of get a little screwed over in, say, games where you get Fly a hundred and fifty or so hours in.

unknown.png

unknown.png

There's also static Surskit; Intimidate Sticky Web / Haze is pretty funny I think. The southern half of Route 3 has Nickit instead of Yamper and a couple of static Combee / Bidoof encounters, but I don't think that's enough to count it for Pinwheel Clause. There's also... Ugh.

Route 3 has the "Mystery Egg", which is a randomized pool of eggs that you can get with some really really fucking good mons:
  • Azurill, Aron, Absol, Togepi, Sneasel, Dhelmise, Aevian Litwick, Axew, Mienfoo, Pawniard, Trapinch, Mudbray, Cottonee, Darumaka, Hatenna, Starly, Tyrunt, Larvesta, Mareanie, Stufful, Rookidee.
So the thing is, I get it by trading a Phantump egg.

I'd have to catch a Phantump (Wispy Chasm encounter), I have to breed it (Sheridan Village encounter), and then I finally get the egg (Route 3 encounter). Ignoring the fact that I'd have to manifest a female Phantump and give up on a Wide Guard Throh (very important) and risk dud Pokemon like Sneasel and Aron, it seems like a pretty reasonable deal.
unknown.png

I ended up going for a grass encounter. We'll see if I regret that later on.
unknown.png

The trainers on Route 3 are a big difficulty spike from the trainers earlier on. So I take the time to train some things up to our new level cap, level 35.
unknown.png

Gonna be a bit more liberal with my Rare Candy usage too, since this is around the point where they kind of start having diminishing returns. Rare Candies, unlike the XP Candies we get from battling breeders, can take us past the level cap and snag evolutions and new moves.
unknown.png

A good powerup for Quagsire or God Sex Mon.
unknown.png

Look at the mons on the trainers next to me, btw. Sheesh. I mean I demolished them but three fully evolved Pokemon!

*There are a couple of genuinely tough fights I'm skipping this chapter because I am kind of scared of them:
unknown.png

First we have the trainer that we have to battle to get our Sheridan Village encounter, Throh. Jesus! And it's in the Forest Field, too!
unknown.png

Next is the battle for the Item Finder. Level 38 Kingdra is pretty strong; My Defense-invested Quagsire can't handle this mon. And it's Unaware still, anyway. I need Unaware for a couple of battles coming up.
unknown.png

Finally, this battle unlocks a Brave Bird Zubat. Ignoring how Zubat isn't available until about gym 6 if I remember correctly, Brave Bird is a really great move to have on it and it's pretty useful. I don't want to fight a level 48 Crobat without a reliable set-up mon, though.

...Hmm, I randomly segue between topics too much.

Oh hey look our first Aelita fight! Despite how often we partner up with her or play as her, we only fight her twice. Three times, if you count the funny spoiler battle. This is the first of six major battles in this chapter.
unknown.png

Besides the Gale Strike Hawlucha-- This is a Forest Field fight, so part grass-- this team is literal Quagsire fodder. I also have Delphox, so as long as the Hawlucha doesn't Bounce, it's a free battle.
unknown.png

unknown.png

A x4 resisted Gale Strike did this much damage. And because nobody has optimized EVs at this point in the game, I outspeed Hawlucha and OHKO.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Basically I clicked Aqua Tail, Yawn, and Recover in no particular order.
With that over with, new areas. Time for some more catches.

I'm not going to bore you with the details because I forgot Detect was an egg move on Alolan Marowak and thus Magical Seed Marowak does not sweep the next Ghost gym. But I did some trickery with route manipulation, dupes clause abuse, and repel usage. I also used up all my money buying Super Repels. This is partially because I misread an area name and was wasting repels when I was higher leveled than all of the encounters in the area.
unknown.png

I had caught one of these in the main town area. It should be useful; it has a lot of useful tech.
unknown.png

This thing was fucking useless but whatever. Alolan Marowak has a cool design.
unknown.png

Purportedly very useful for the upcoming arc where we get sent to prison.
unknown.png

We had another chance at this Pokemon later on, but it's a 10% encounter here. Obstagoon is really fucking great because of Obstruct and Guts Facade-- a lot of battles don't autoheal you so even though we can't get Flame Orb, we can still go into battles pre-burned by just getting a tall grass doubles wild battle.
unknown.png

If I don't use these mints now, I'll never use them.
unknown.png

This is technically our reward for beating Marianette-- as you may remember, we did not get a TM because Marianette was too busy going 1/4 Arceus mode and beating up her abusive father.
unknown.png

Also I'd like to note the absolute hate crime that is Alolan Marowak's level up set in USUM. I'm sure some of you have ran into the issue where Cubone evolves at level 28, but its main Ghost STAB Shadow Bone comes at level...
unknown.png

Level 27. One level before it evolves. The move relearner is after Victory Road in Alola btw.
...Thank god for Reverse Candies.
unknown.png

Aaandd that's all we need to do to train up Mason the Obstagoon.

Next up on this update we head into the meat of the chapter, which is exposing Team Xen's old hangout spot in Wispy Tower. There's a lot of melodramatics and I wish Aelita was here with us because at least she's kind of funny.
unknown.png

Our Snag Machine is still broken from when Shadow Mewtwo broke it in the fight that I skipped. They still hurl Shadow Pokemon at us, though. It makes me feel sad when I kill them, but I have to save this area's encounter anyway. We can get Type: Null here in about five chapters, or more if I'm willing to grind a 5% item rate off of a 2% encounter (which I'm not). There was a double battle section in Carotos Mountain that would have about doubled the 2% Nosepass encounter, but... eh. Lazy. And Type: Null isn't that good without all the plates anyway.
unknown.png

Those Pokemon orders are reversed on the wiki. Which is weird but it didnt cause me much trouble. We skipped a battle with them back at Madelis's Palace because Eli got stuck inside a Pokemon refrigeration tube. This Double Battle in Short-Circuit Field (I'll be explaining that one next update) isn't much harder than their first battle, though.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I led with Delphox (I wanted to steal the Eviolite but Lickitung came out first), used Fake Out on Lickitung, then swapped to Dunsparce to take the Ghost move and smacked Lickitung with 252ATK Technician Double Hit.
unknown.png

:] Ofc, I don't get to keep it but it's the principle of things. Magician is fun.
unknown.png

bye bye
Next up is our first real gauntlet of the game-- 2 shield level 37 Giratina into a classic 6v6 Doubles Short Circuit Field against Geara. We get healed in between, so all I need is a solid strategy against Giratina and a good lead and a couple of sack mons and I'll be fine.
With six major battles, I'll spend one part on each battle. The next four are going to be much more in depth than these two though, lol. As a bonus, since I'm already finished with the chapter, I'll probably be sending out updates at a faster pace. Quantity over quality, after all.

Look through these Fields, and let me know which ones sound the most interesting (off of name alone, or some of the effects if you have a little more in-depth knowledge about the fields. I'll be responding with some of the "best" parts about the fields, and the "best" will either be wholly sarcastic or wholly sincere based off of my experiences with them.

Last edited:

Nickytung

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Big Top Arena is a terminal disease that should be eradicated from the planet.
Eli is me, he is stupid and likes Licc :)

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Honestly after reading this run I’m kinda thinking of playing the game myself!

I absolutely hate Alokan Marowak’s level up moves, whoever made that decision should be fired.

And by just looking at the fields for qotd, chess and glitch field seem super interesting!

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost is happy with food, rest, quiet and cuddles. They may try to be edgy or mysterious, but are often told that they present as the opposite.
I am not always able to keep up with updates b/c I like surprising myself for my own game and my situation is kinda hell rn but I've seen bits of your Update 3 and oh my things have changed a bit xD what is with all the Double and Multi battles now, they are my kryptonite ripppppp

Your knowledge of the movesets for these 'mons is so good! As of Chapter 3 I am shocked at how few deaths you have also omggggg, you go bean xD

Derogatory Trainer

The hero you don't need but you're getting anyway.
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
Pokédex Entry
The most humble and modest braggart you will ever meet.
I don't want to give away the reveal because it's kind of hilarious. I should play Reborn e19. Official release and all. Heard you can get real busted stuff early but also that the grind is a bit of a pain...
I'm thinking of going back and rebooting my old Nuzlocke to play through the final version myself. I was but a baby Nuzlocker back then. I'd only ever beaten HeartGold and Platinum before I went to Reborn.
Pitfall... jail cell... Feel bad for the Bladestar Grunts who have to spend their time clearing the cell of stray Impidimp or Oricorio or whatever the fuck that fall in accidentally.
Haha they'd be alright. Those Pokemon didn't even exist in the game back when that jail cell was there.
Playing without items forces more economical turn usage earlygame. Lategame I think I can have enough encounters to just throw death fodder at my enemies if things go sideways!
Well...
That took kind of a dark turn after I mentioned all that friendship and cheering each other on stuff...

Fantastic. There are already some empty TM slots for custom moves, like... Douse? WTF is that.
Jesus, that sent a lightning bolt through my memory.
Fucking Douse. What did that thing even do? It's been so long since that was a TM in the game.

RIP. You can live vicariously through me when I catch it in about... four chapters (there is a non-zero chance it will die out of stupidity in the first major battle it is in)
I will.
While I'm a little annoyed that Aevian Pokemon were introduced after I'd already gotten so far into the game, it's probably for the best I don't get many since I'd have to draw reaction images for them.

Really does rely on you getting the Fly HM around level 30 in Kanto, huh. ...Not like Talonflame is any different. They kind of get a little screwed over in, say, games where you get Fly a hundred and fifty or so hours in.
God I remember how much of a pain it was to get Fly in Reborn. Should have been introduced way earlier to save us having to walk through the laggy Obsidia Ward.
Route 3 has the "Mystery Egg", which is a randomized pool of eggs that you can get with some really really fucking good mons:
So the thing is, I get it by trading a Phantump egg.
Oooohh...curious to see what you'll get.
Always a big fan of Mystery Eggs.

...Huh?
She's not a pure fighting type trainer anymore?

unknown.png

Ahhh Curse, right?
Why Twitter.com?

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Rejuvenation truly isn't like anything we've ever seen before: no early-game Zubat. 😔

unknown.png

no pls dont tweet from prison

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fighting
And speaking of Ariados I actually use it really fucking stellar learnset in the next update, so look forward to that. It gets Sticky Web by level up (very late) at least.
Sticky Web is an upgrade from what I'm used to! One of Gen III Ariados's best moves is POISON STING!
unknown.png

I had caught one of these in the main town area. It should be useful; it has a lot of useful tech.
DID YOU JUST KILL A SHINY
Look through these Fields, and let me know which ones sound the most interesting (off of name alone
Volcanic Top Field. Just sounds cool.

antingaround

Redemption arc
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
Pokédex Entry
nuzlocke psychopath
Big Top Arena is a terminal disease that should be eradicated from the planet.
Eli is me, he is stupid and likes Licc :)
I love Big Top Arena! I love Fighting-types being boosted by the circus because that is their destiny! I love Big Top Arena!
Does that make me Sharon tf

Honestly after reading this run I’m kinda thinking of playing the game myself!

I absolutely hate Alokan Marowak’s level up moves, whoever made that decision should be fired.

And by just looking at the fields for qotd, chess and glitch field seem super interesting!
Give it a go, the story is pretty interesting and I'm covering literally none of it. The quality of the maps is just insane.

Maybe they just really wanted us to use Totem Marowak? Most likely the moveset maker at Gamefreak was lending the company brain cell to someone else that day though.
GLITCH FIELD HUH
The gimmick is Gen 1. That's it.
Gen 1 type chart, Poison being weak to Bug and all. A scuffed Special stat, where Spdef and SpAtk is the highest stat. And the pre-gen 4 type split. Along with some other Gen 1 miscellany.
  • Explosion, Selfdestruct → halve targets' defense
  • Critical hit rate increases by one stage if the attacker's unmodified speed stat is higher than its target's.
  • .0P pl$ nerf!-//
    Psychic type moves receive a 1.2x increase in power.
  • Rage locks the user into the move indefinitely.
unknown.png
unknown.png

Here are a couple examples, from Reborn and Rejuv respectively. That Assault Vest boosts spdef, which in turn is a free x1.5 boost to Draco Meteor. The Durant is Intense Mode only, but essentially this gym also has an auto-Wonder Room. So you have a base 110 def ant, being swapped into 110 spdef and thus 110 spatk. Hidden Power Fire Durant is glorious.
  • Synthetic Seed increases Defense and Special Defense by one stage, makes user ??? type.
The biggest offender of Glitch Field is by far the Synthetic Seed. I despise seeds that change the user's typing, because it's totally unfair. Couple this with:
Moves which will fail upon being used:
  • Roar
  • Whirlwind
And you have some verrrry fun strats that can be utilized.

Unfortunately, Glitch Field is only present for a meme battle after Gym 6 and the last gym battle.
I am not always able to keep up with updates b/c I like surprising myself for my own game and my situation is kinda hell rn but I've seen bits of your Update 3 and oh my things have changed a bit xD what is with all the Double and Multi battles now, they are my kryptonite ripppppp

Your knowledge of the movesets for these 'mons is so good! As of Chapter 3 I am shocked at how few deaths you have also omggggg, you go bean xD
Hahah I hope your workload lightens up sometime soon! And looking forward to your run when your buffer is sufficiently... buffered :p. There are a lot of Doubles and Multis, but I don't think that many more have been added?

All those years of nuzlocking paid off in esoteric USUM moveset knowledge. Yeah uh the death count is about to literally double whoops.
I'm thinking of going back and rebooting my old Nuzlocke to play through the final version myself. I was but a baby Nuzlocker back then. I'd only ever beaten HeartGold and Platinum before I went to Reborn.
That would be fun to see. I hear there are a bunch of gauntlets that are hard to nuzlocke though, a lot of trouble with Glass Gauntlet and Fiore Gauntlet apparently.
I will.
While I'm a little annoyed that Aevian Pokemon were introduced after I'd already gotten so far into the game, it's probably for the best I don't get many since I'd have to draw reaction images for them.
Yeah they don't have custom art unfort. But god they're so fucking cool.
unknown.png

This mon is Fire/Poison and is Amber's ace now. It has Boomburst + Galvanize and a ton of nice moves besides. It works well with Amber's signature move, since it's boosted by Punk Rock.

unknown.png

This mon is Dark/Fairy and has fun toys such as Lovely Kiss and Hone Claws + Tough Claws-boosted Play Rough / Knock Off. You get it literally at the end of chapter 15 though.

unknown.png

Aevian Parasect turns from Bug/Poison to Ghost/Poison and basically just FUCKING REVIVES ITSELF IT'S SO COOL. You can Sleep Powder + literally get a free turn of set-up before reviving into a form with 130 Attack and 105 Speed. Hell of a Pokemon that I'd love to use... The area it's found in doesn't have spectatular encounters besides Alolan Muk.

And there are more to come! Like a mushroom and a sea slug.
God I remember how much of a pain it was to get Fly in Reborn. Should have been introduced way earlier to save us having to walk through the laggy Obsidia Ward.
Lol does Reborn have fast travel at least? When I played it, I remembered a loooottt of backtracking... mainly because I was really bad at the game and consistently underleveled.

Oooohh...curious to see what you'll get.
Always a big fan of Mystery Eggs.
Not getting it. Too much effort and risk involved and when I inevitably get a Sneasel or something I'd cry.

...Huh?

She's not a pure fighting type trainer anymore?
Yeah, uses plenty of Flying-types which I think is a metaphor for something. Near the end of Act 2, she also gets tons of new Pokemon... including my favorite Fairy-type ever, Granbull. I love Granbull.

Ahhh Curse, right?
Why Twitter.com?
Bots. Also look at Golett he's totally a reply guy. And I think I'm mainly going to be using him for the typing and Iron Defense + Dynamic Punch funnies
Rejuvenation truly isn't like anything we've ever seen before: no early-game Zubat. 😔

no pls dont tweet from prison
We have to work hard for a goddamn Zubat. My favorite part of the game is how hard some arbitrary mons are to get.

Sticky Web is an upgrade from what I'm used to! One of Gen III Ariados's best moves is POISON STING!

DID YOU JUST KILL A SHINY

Volcanic Top Field. Just sounds cool.
HAHA POISON STING. At.. least it's STAB?

...I've killed seven or so shinies by this point while grinding held items and such. If it entertains you, I can start screenshotting them.
VTF is a very important field; we fight it for the second Giratina fight into Geara/Zetta, the climax of Act 1 and a multibattle with Melia. Amber also uses this field. Unfortunately, I prefer changing it because it nerfs Ice and Water while buffing Fire, a type I don't use all that often.
  • The attack was super-heated!
    Fire-type moves receive a 1.2x boost in power.
  • The extreme heat softened the attack...
    Ice-type moves receive a 0.5x decrease in power.
  • The extreme heat softened the attack...
    Physical Water-type moves receive a 0.9x decrease in power. Special Water-type moves decrease 0.5x in power.
  • Rock-type moves receive a Fire sub-type.
A bunch of very useful spread moves cause an "eruption", which damages Pokemon based off of their type. So beloved Bug/Grass types such as Leavanny are basically fucked.
  • The volcano top erupted!
    Bulldoze, Earthquake, Magnitude, Eruption, Precipice Blades, Lava Plume, Magma Drift, Earth Power → causes the Volcano to erupt.
  • The eruption removed all hazards from the field!
    After an Eruption, Leech Seed and hazards are taken off the field.
But the gimmick of this field is... Tailwind does very, very well in this fight (as with most "high-up" fields like Mountain field and its variants). Ignoring the fact that we can get the Amplifield Rock by these two fights, which extend terrain effects such as Tailwind anyway...
  • Gale Wings are always activated if Strong Winds are blowing.
  • Tailwind → lasts 6 turns and causes Strong Winds.
Also let's just say that Fire types, especially Flash Fire Eruption Typhlosion, are uh.
Very strong.
  • The field powers up the flaming attacks!
    Eruption, Heat Wave, Magma Storm, Lava Plume, Magma Drift → 1.3x boost
  • Flash Fire and Blaze are activated.
  • [Pokémon] is immune to the eruption!
    Pokémon with Magma Armor, Flash Fire, Flare Boost, Blaze, Flame Body, Solid Rock, Sturdy, Battle Armor, Shell armor, Magic Guard, Water Bubble, Wonder Guard, Prism Armor are immune to eruption
Therefore, I prefer to change the field.
  • The battle was taken to the skies!
    Fly, Bounce, Heavenly WingSky Field
  • The field was doused of it's fire!
    Blizzard, Glaciate, Subzero Slammer → Mountain
We'll get into the weeds of those some other time.
OK let's get into update 2 of 3. Today we are finishing up Forgotten Laboratory, which involves a battle against Giratina followed by our second Xen Admin battle. Doubles, Short-Circuit Field.
First, I'll cover the field we'll be fighting in. It's really easy to change the SCF to a Factory Field, but I don't do it in this battle-- maybe during one of the many other Factory Field fights later on?
unknown.png

Keep in mind that whatever I put here is only a sampling of effects.
  • SYSTEM ONLINE.
    Charge Beam, Discharge, Wild Charge, Parabolic Charge, Ion Deluge, Gigavolt Havoc, Overdrive, Aura Wheel → Factory Field
    • Discharge also can alternate between Factory and Short-circuit Field for each target hit in Double battles.
The moves here are pretty strong and we'll see them more lategame. For now, we don't have to worry about it-- I think my only Discharge mon is the Porygon I have sitting in the PC right now?
Electric-type attacks' base power is incremented randomly between 0.5x to 2x. (decided by a randomized number between 1 & 15)
This is one of the few fields that randomize some specific move power. The very fair and balanced Big Top Arena, as mentioned by @NickyNicky before, also comes to mind.
  • Static's activation chance is doubled to 60%.
  • [Pokémon] absorbed stray electricity!
    Volt Absorb Pokémon gradually restore HP.
  • Activates Plus and Minus
  • Download boosts both attacking stats.
As expected of a field boosting Steel and Electric-types, plenty of abilities besides these are buffed. None that are relevant, however, because I still haven't changed the goddamn Pachirisu's ability to Volt Absorb from Pickup.
  • Blinding!
    Dazzling Gleam, Flash Cannon → 1.5x boost.
  • The darkness strengthened the attack!
    Dark Pulse, Night Daze, Night Slash, Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Shadow Force, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Punch, Shadow Bone, Phantom Force → 1.3x.
  • Metal Sound, Flash → stat changing effect is amplified.
Our first fight today has a Pokemon using a boosted Shadow Claw. Our second fight today has multiple Pokemon using boosted Dazzling Gleam. Very strong. I was considering using Flash hax for the first fight, but ultimately decided against it. I don't think that's the kind of fight that anyone wants to watch, and it's liable to Shadow Claw crits ruining my day besides.
Synthetic Seed boosts Special Defense and applies Magnet Rise to the user.
And I still have no reason to use seeds, as this is 100% mostly a seed that is way better on the AI than on you.
unknown.png

Okay, let's get into this.
unknown.png

For these fights, I've decided that I'm leading with Obstagoon as my first Pokemon and Hariyama as my second.
unknown.png

I start off with an easy field-boosted Night Slash to break Giratina's shield, then swap into Quagsire to Yawn it.
unknown.png

A couple of Knock Offs take out the second shield, and then I click it once more for good measure after it wakes up. Unfortunately, I can't get the x1.5 Knock Off bonus because the held Griseous Orb can't be removed.
unknown.png

I swap out to my Ghost-type immunity, but it went for Dragon Breath instead. Which paralyzed. And proceeded to get two turns of full Paralysis.

Thankfully, on the third turn I get my Yawn off.

There is a reason why I am very appreciative of the fact that damage rolls have been removed from this game. If one of the Dragon Breaths had crit, however, I would have been very upset.
unknown.png

I swap to Delphox to take whatever comes next, then back to Obstagoon to finish it off with a big Night Slash. Because of its shields, I couldn't exactly have done this from the start (as each shield is 25% of its HP, I would have taken too much damage from Dragon Breath before getting to the actual health bar).
Got dicey, but no deaths. The game then heals your Pokemon and sends you immediately into another battle.
unknown.png

The attentive reader will realize that the last three Pokemon carry the field-boosted Dazzling Gleam, two of which have STAB. Thankfully, however, both Morgrem and Clefairy don't hit very hard with 75 and 60 Sp.Atk, respectively. However, the Clefairy also has Friend Guard, which reduces ally damage by 25% while it's on the field, and Follow Me. Both of the last Pokemon also have Eviolite, which would be an issue if I didn't have Delphox.

...I'm not planning on using Delphox's Magician to steal the Eviolite, however.

Another issue that comes here is the Thick Club, which doubles Alolan Marowak's Attack stat. You may notice that Shadow Bone also gets an x1.3 boost by the field.

What else... Oh, Intimidate Masquerain. I would love to bring my own Intimidate Pokemon to neuter those two leads, but my dumb lion rat thing died. And I never ended up getting a Mightyena.
unknown.png

I lead with Obstagoon and Hariyama.
Lvl 35 252 Atk Obstagoon Night Slash vs. Lvl 34 51 HP / 51 Def Marowak-Alola: 84-98 (86.5 - 101%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Look at this calc. And look at the fixed damage rolls. Marowak's Shadow Bone hits Hariyama for a startling amount of damage in return.
unknown.png

Therefore, I swap to Dunsparce for a Ghost Immunity to buy a turn and Asmodeus takes a Normal Gem-boosted Technician Covet from Persian with ease. That's 60 Base Power * 1.5 STAB * 1.2 Gem * 1.5 Technician, btw. A pretty strong move, though it's practically nothing compared to my Ambipom's damage output. Especially without EVs.
unknown.png

I dispatch Alolan Marowak without it connecting a single move and Dunsparce heals off the second Covet damage with Roost. Morgrem comes out next to ruin my day. From multiple runs of this fight, I know that it'll only click Dazzling Gleam after setting up two Light Clay-boosted screens. However, Obstagoon isn't going to be very useful for these turns because it doesn't do much damage so I switch it out--

I don't want to KO the relatively weak Persian just yet. My goal for most Double Battles is to cripple one side of the field, but that's been kind of hard so far with the AI-- its custom code makes it very prone to switching when disadvantaged. I haven't shown it off or mentioned it besides in passing so far, but it's... Very Smart. I think the only time vanilla AI switches is like, if it's facing a Shedinja? Lmao.
unknown.png

First, I send in Delphox to steal the Morgrem's Light Clay. I swap it out immediately after before getting the opportunity to set up Light Screen, because Persian goes for Dig. Hariyama comes in and takes minimal damage. I buy myself a Fake Out turn and try to whittle down the Morgrem's HP. Asmodeus does what he does best in the meantime: Yawn + Roost spam.

I KO the Morgrem after it wakes up and clicks Dazzling Gleam, then Masquerain comes in.
unknown.png

No big deal, I was going to swap out Hariyama anyway. At this point, both Light Screen and Reflect are up for the opposing team and I'm trying to stall out turns before the real threats come in.
unknown.png

Funnily enough, the Masqeurain targeted Dunsparce with Air Slash instead of Hariyama. I also get flinched by it, which is annoying. I know Persian is going to click Seed Bomb on Quagsire next-- x4 weaknesses are so useful in battles. I end up taking advantage of Grass-type coverage of Pokemon in the next gym battle in a similar fashion.
unknown.png

Seed Bomb does nothing. And with both Pokemon asleep, I think it's time to finally set up Light Screen.
unknown.png

Reflect, which was set first, fades the turn after I KO Masquerain with Mystical Fire. Therefore, Psyshock-- which hits the Defense stat-- OHKOs the Eviolite Haunter. This Pokemon is VERY VERY VERY VERY annoying in future fights, but I don't have to deal with Mega Gengar just yet.
unknown.png

Oh, he is so salty. By this point, I'm using the extra turns with my Dunsparce to set up Coil because I've run out of things to Yawn. It isn't really important, but it IS about sending a message.
unknown.png

Body Slam paralyzes the Clefairy, so it doesn't fall asleep. Boo. Curiously, the Persian uses Covet on Delphox instead of Dig.

The Light Clay I stole from Morgrem gets stolen, and Delphox proceedes to use the empty item slot to steal Clefairy's Eviolite with Magician. We're really playing footsies out here, I guess.
unknown.png

Persian goes for Dig next turn, so I send out Obstagoon to take it. Obstagoon kindly uses Obstruct to let Dunsparce finish the fight. Asmodeus has worked really hard this chapter, so I set him as the signature banner for this run as a reward!
unknown.png

unknown.png

This MF sat on the right side of my field the entire battle except for turn 1.
unknown.png

I didn't even get to use my designated sack Pokemon for this fight (Pachirisu), since Giratina went so smoothly. Not a Shadow Claw crit in sight.
That's all for this update. Ren 3 and Narcissa next.
Oh, have a sneak preview of the next update too. Since I like putting some text in between the update and the QOTD.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Spoiler alert: some things die, and I literally do not care. Would anyone like a death/badge count in the description of this thread? I remember doing it in that ill-fated Insurgence Hard Mode run.
They've gotten progressively easier with time (cough 45 catch rate and a forced catch Xerneas/Yveltal), but are there any Legendary Pokemon fights in nuzlockes that have given you trouble? I remember having a particularly hard time with itemless Groudon, because I was too lazy to train up actual Pokemon and my main powerhouses were... Solrock and Armaldo, I think.

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
I love Big Top Arena! I love Fighting-types being boosted by the circus because that is their destiny! I love Big Top Arena!
Does that make me Sharon tf

Give it a go, the story is pretty interesting and I'm covering literally none of it. The quality of the maps is just insane.

Maybe they just really wanted us to use Totem Marowak? Most likely the moveset maker at Gamefreak was lending the company brain cell to someone else that day though.
GLITCH FIELD HUH
The gimmick is Gen 1. That's it.
Gen 1 type chart, Poison being weak to Bug and all. A scuffed Special stat, where Spdef and SpAtk is the highest stat. And the pre-gen 4 type split. Along with some other Gen 1 miscellany.

unknown.png
unknown.png

Here are a couple examples, from Reborn and Rejuv respectively. That Assault Vest boosts spdef, which in turn is a free x1.5 boost to Draco Meteor. The Durant is Intense Mode only, but essentially this gym also has an auto-Wonder Room. So you have a base 110 def ant, being swapped into 110 spdef and thus 110 spatk. Hidden Power Fire Durant is glorious.

The biggest offender of Glitch Field is by far the Synthetic Seed. I despise seeds that change the user's typing, because it's totally unfair. Couple this with:

And you have some verrrry fun strats that can be utilized.

Unfortunately, Glitch Field is only present for a meme battle after Gym 6 and the last gym battle.

Hahah I hope your workload lightens up sometime soon! And looking forward to your run when your buffer is sufficiently... buffered :p. There are a lot of Doubles and Multis, but I don't think that many more have been added?

All those years of nuzlocking paid off in esoteric USUM moveset knowledge. Yeah uh the death count is about to literally double whoops.
That would be fun to see. I hear there are a bunch of gauntlets that are hard to nuzlocke though, a lot of trouble with Glass Gauntlet and Fiore Gauntlet apparently.

Yeah they don't have custom art unfort. But god they're so fucking cool.
unknown.png

This mon is Fire/Poison and is Amber's ace now. It has Boomburst + Galvanize and a ton of nice moves besides. It works well with Amber's signature move, since it's boosted by Punk Rock.

unknown.png

This mon is Dark/Fairy and has fun toys such as Lovely Kiss and Hone Claws + Tough Claws-boosted Play Rough / Knock Off. You get it literally at the end of chapter 15 though.

unknown.png

Aevian Parasect turns from Bug/Poison to Ghost/Poison and basically just FUCKING REVIVES ITSELF IT'S SO COOL. You can Sleep Powder + literally get a free turn of set-up before reviving into a form with 130 Attack and 105 Speed. Hell of a Pokemon that I'd love to use... The area it's found in doesn't have spectatular encounters besides Alolan Muk.

And there are more to come! Like a mushroom and a sea slug.

Lol does Reborn have fast travel at least? When I played it, I remembered a loooottt of backtracking... mainly because I was really bad at the game and consistently underleveled.

Not getting it. Too much effort and risk involved and when I inevitably get a Sneasel or something I'd cry.

Yeah, uses plenty of Flying-types which I think is a metaphor for something. Near the end of Act 2, she also gets tons of new Pokemon... including my favorite Fairy-type ever, Granbull. I love Granbull.

Bots. Also look at Golett he's totally a reply guy. And I think I'm mainly going to be using him for the typing and Iron Defense + Dynamic Punch funnies

We have to work hard for a goddamn Zubat. My favorite part of the game is how hard some arbitrary mons are to get.

HAHA POISON STING. At.. least it's STAB?

...I've killed seven or so shinies by this point while grinding held items and such. If it entertains you, I can start screenshotting them.
VTF is a very important field; we fight it for the second Giratina fight into Geara/Zetta, the climax of Act 1 and a multibattle with Melia. Amber also uses this field. Unfortunately, I prefer changing it because it nerfs Ice and Water while buffing Fire, a type I don't use all that often.

A bunch of very useful spread moves cause an "eruption", which damages Pokemon based off of their type. So beloved Bug/Grass types such as Leavanny are basically fucked.

But the gimmick of this field is... Tailwind does very, very well in this fight (as with most "high-up" fields like Mountain field and its variants). Ignoring the fact that we can get the Amplifield Rock by these two fights, which extend terrain effects such as Tailwind anyway...

Also let's just say that Fire types, especially Flash Fire Eruption Typhlosion, are uh.
Very strong.

Therefore, I prefer to change the field.

We'll get into the weeds of those some other time.
OK let's get into update 2 of 3. Today we are finishing up Forgotten Laboratory, which involves a battle against Giratina followed by our second Xen Admin battle. Doubles, Short-Circuit Field.
First, I'll cover the field we'll be fighting in. It's really easy to change the SCF to a Factory Field, but I don't do it in this battle-- maybe during one of the many other Factory Field fights later on?
unknown.png

Keep in mind that whatever I put here is only a sampling of effects.
The moves here are pretty strong and we'll see them more lategame. For now, we don't have to worry about it-- I think my only Discharge mon is the Porygon I have sitting in the PC right now?

This is one of the few fields that randomize some specific move power. The very fair and balanced Big Top Arena, as mentioned by @NickyNicky before, also comes to mind.

As expected of a field boosting Steel and Electric-types, plenty of abilities besides these are buffed. None that are relevant, however, because I still haven't changed the goddamn Pachirisu's ability to Volt Absorb from Pickup.

Our first fight today has a Pokemon using a boosted Shadow Claw. Our second fight today has multiple Pokemon using boosted Dazzling Gleam. Very strong. I was considering using Flash hax for the first fight, but ultimately decided against it. I don't think that's the kind of fight that anyone wants to watch, and it's liable to Shadow Claw crits ruining my day besides.

And I still have no reason to use seeds, as this is 100% mostly a seed that is way better on the AI than on you.
unknown.png

Okay, let's get into this.
unknown.png

For these fights, I've decided that I'm leading with Obstagoon as my first Pokemon and Hariyama as my second.
unknown.png

I start off with an easy field-boosted Night Slash to break Giratina's shield, then swap into Quagsire to Yawn it.
unknown.png

A couple of Knock Offs take out the second shield, and then I click it once more for good measure after it wakes up. Unfortunately, I can't get the x1.5 Knock Off bonus because the held Griseous Orb can't be removed.
unknown.png

I swap out to my Ghost-type immunity, but it went for Dragon Breath instead. Which paralyzed. And proceeded to get two turns of full Paralysis.

Thankfully, on the third turn I get my Yawn off.

There is a reason why I am very appreciative of the fact that damage rolls have been removed from this game. If one of the Dragon Breaths had crit, however, I would have been very upset.
unknown.png

I swap to Delphox to take whatever comes next, then back to Obstagoon to finish it off with a big Night Slash. Because of its shields, I couldn't exactly have done this from the start (as each shield is 25% of its HP, I would have taken too much damage from Dragon Breath before getting to the actual health bar).
Got dicey, but no deaths. The game then heals your Pokemon and sends you immediately into another battle.
unknown.png

The attentive reader will realize that the last three Pokemon carry the field-boosted Dazzling Gleam, two of which have STAB. Thankfully, however, both Morgrem and Clefairy don't hit very hard with 75 and 60 Sp.Atk, respectively. However, the Clefairy also has Friend Guard, which reduces ally damage by 25% while it's on the field, and Follow Me. Both of the last Pokemon also have Eviolite, which would be an issue if I didn't have Delphox.

...I'm not planning on using Delphox's Magician to steal the Eviolite, however.

Another issue that comes here is the Thick Club, which doubles Alolan Marowak's Attack stat. You may notice that Shadow Bone also gets an x1.3 boost by the field.

What else... Oh, Intimidate Masquerain. I would love to bring my own Intimidate Pokemon to neuter those two leads, but my dumb lion rat thing died. And I never ended up getting a Mightyena.
unknown.png

I lead with Obstagoon and Hariyama.

Look at this calc. And look at the fixed damage rolls. Marowak's Shadow Bone hits Hariyama for a startling amount of damage in return.
unknown.png

Therefore, I swap to Dunsparce for a Ghost Immunity to buy a turn and Asmodeus takes a Normal Gem-boosted Technician Covet from Persian with ease. That's 60 Base Power * 1.5 STAB * 1.2 Gem * 1.5 Technician, btw. A pretty strong move, though it's practically nothing compared to my Ambipom's damage output. Especially without EVs.
unknown.png

I dispatch Alolan Marowak without it connecting a single move and Dunsparce heals off the second Covet damage with Roost. Morgrem comes out next to ruin my day. From multiple runs of this fight, I know that it'll only click Dazzling Gleam after setting up two Light Clay-boosted screens. However, Obstagoon isn't going to be very useful for these turns because it doesn't do much damage so I switch it out--

I don't want to KO the relatively weak Persian just yet. My goal for most Double Battles is to cripple one side of the field, but that's been kind of hard so far with the AI-- its custom code makes it very prone to switching when disadvantaged. I haven't shown it off or mentioned it besides in passing so far, but it's... Very Smart. I think the only time vanilla AI switches is like, if it's facing a Shedinja? Lmao.
unknown.png

First, I send in Delphox to steal the Morgrem's Light Clay. I swap it out immediately after before getting the opportunity to set up Light Screen, because Persian goes for Dig. Hariyama comes in and takes minimal damage. I buy myself a Fake Out turn and try to whittle down the Morgrem's HP. Asmodeus does what he does best in the meantime: Yawn + Roost spam.

I KO the Morgrem after it wakes up and clicks Dazzling Gleam, then Masquerain comes in.
unknown.png

No big deal, I was going to swap out Hariyama anyway. At this point, both Light Screen and Reflect are up for the opposing team and I'm trying to stall out turns before the real threats come in.
unknown.png

Funnily enough, the Masqeurain targeted Dunsparce with Air Slash instead of Hariyama. I also get flinched by it, which is annoying. I know Persian is going to click Seed Bomb on Quagsire next-- x4 weaknesses are so useful in battles. I end up taking advantage of Grass-type coverage of Pokemon in the next gym battle in a similar fashion.
unknown.png

Seed Bomb does nothing. And with both Pokemon asleep, I think it's time to finally set up Light Screen.
unknown.png

Reflect, which was set first, fades the turn after I KO Masquerain with Mystical Fire. Therefore, Psyshock-- which hits the Defense stat-- OHKOs the Eviolite Haunter. This Pokemon is VERY VERY VERY VERY annoying in future fights, but I don't have to deal with Mega Gengar just yet.
unknown.png

Oh, he is so salty. By this point, I'm using the extra turns with my Dunsparce to set up Coil because I've run out of things to Yawn. It isn't really important, but it IS about sending a message.
unknown.png

Body Slam paralyzes the Clefairy, so it doesn't fall asleep. Boo. Curiously, the Persian uses Covet on Delphox instead of Dig.

The Light Clay I stole from Morgrem gets stolen, and Delphox proceedes to use the empty item slot to steal Clefairy's Eviolite with Magician. We're really playing footsies out here, I guess.
unknown.png

Persian goes for Dig next turn, so I send out Obstagoon to take it. Obstagoon kindly uses Obstruct to let Dunsparce finish the fight. Asmodeus has worked really hard this chapter, so I set him as the signature banner for this run as a reward!
unknown.png

unknown.png

This MF sat on the right side of my field the entire battle except for turn 1.
unknown.png

I didn't even get to use my designated sack Pokemon for this fight (Pachirisu), since Giratina went so smoothly. Not a Shadow Claw crit in sight.
That's all for this update. Ren 3 and Narcissa next.
Oh, have a sneak preview of the next update too. Since I like putting some text in between the update and the QOTD.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Spoiler alert: some things die, and I literally do not care. Would anyone like a death/badge count in the description of this thread? I remember doing it in that ill-fated Insurgence Hard Mode run.
They've gotten progressively easier with time (cough 45 catch rate and a forced catch Xerneas/Yveltal), but are there any Legendary Pokemon fights in nuzlockes that have given you trouble? I remember having a particularly hard time with itemless Groudon, because I was too lazy to train up actual Pokemon and my main powerhouses were... Solrock and Armaldo, I think.
Asmodeus is literally is the poggles for this nuzlocke.I liked using dunsparce from time to time, but wow you have shown me it's full potential

for qotd, groudon is a nuisance to catch in omega ruby if you're saving you're master ball for another pokemon, it has hard hitting moves and likes to spam rest alot.

Users who are viewing this thread