• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Feature team invited you to check out the Hidden Gem Showcase! Give a little love to your favorite runs you think more people should know about!
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot General Hack Mon Ignoring advice - A Smashmons Spirit Red nuzlocke

Thread Description
The first Hack I have done

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
L2Zowyg.png

So this exists, I found it on the nuzforums discord from another person who was playing it, and I wanted to give it a go and help spread it around, there is a trailer for it that shows off some stuff
Pretty Neat huh?
The creator of it recommends not doing a nuzlocke but I don't care for that, oh I will be playing on the casual version, the normal version forces you on set, removes EVs, makes IVs 31 for all and no badge boost
1. Catch first thing I see
2. If mon dies, it is gone forever
3. Nickname them all
4. No healing items in battle (Game rule)
Consider this more of a screenshot written log hybrid because um, I'm already past the 4th gym...
TQ5QIBd.png

One thing I like about this hack is that some of the npcs are changed to fit other franchises, you will fight normal trainers, along with toads and Gorons, pretty neat
BTW this is the professor

ZfKj3Iu.png

WOL reference, basic stuff go by

9rZT8vK.png

Am male man, also I can't rename the rival, he is called Sean

G1HFtQK.png

The year is 20XX, we can download food from the internet

4NM04VK.png

Oh noes, we must head into the lab, btw here are the starters

KhuKlfY.png

This guy is the grass starter, from the Mario series

240ZSpW.png

Kirby series water mon

bTjd6Fm.png

Small poe, the fire starter, from the Legend of Zelda I think?

8KfYdkX.png

Give me the kirby one
His name is Splash
We fight rival and we win easily
WE go get the parcel, return for PokeDex, time to get catch

HncqQPj.png

The rattata of this game, pure normal, her name is Soldier
I enter route 22 after arriving in Viridian and I caught a sir kibble named Boomerang but forgot to screenshot it

Dvm5Fs2.png

This is the best info I got
Old man tries to teach me how to catch a Pokémon, like dude I know what to do-

C0EENUv.png

OH
Okay cool, we move on to route 2

9RIQBP4.png

Her name is Poyo, btw Chuchu is the eevee of the game, normal type, three elemental evolutions
We in the forest now

HqUIG1W.png

His name is Buzz, bug type

OObDFkc.png

Yep, some characters are gym leaders, in this case Luigi is the normal type gym leader, he also has a very strong mon that I have a strategy for

wD9DgXx.png

Goal is to have Buzz setup spikes, sweep first two mons, then hopefully have Boomerang kill the last one before it kills him

36zLGtO.png

Lets do this
Buzz sets up three layers of spikes before striking down goomba, Gaw gaw is next, normal Ground, and Splash takes care of him, then we have Towtow, what are it's stats?
E8wfrjw.png

Fun stat spread, but truant with the fact it only knows rage means that it can't do too much damage, but it three-shots Boomerang, I leer once, learn that Boomerang is faster, leer again, leer one more time and he lives on 3, recovers hp and...

D0TYgYB.png

Takes the dub lets go
Luigi gives me the badge and the TM for Rock tomb, neat
That is where this update ends

This game is fun, I might stream it now and again, but Reinvention is gonna be the next focus

Here is the link to the thread if you wanna check this hack out

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
oh no

uh good luck have fun

greenchu

Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
I'd like to meet the man who thinks "you know what, Slaking isn't a good enough mon for Gym Leader Luigi to have in the first Gym. I should make a Slaking 2.0 that's even stronger and bulkier".

Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
I'd like to meet the man who thinks "you know what, Slaking isn't a good enough mon for Gym Leader Luigi to have in the first Gym. I should make a Slaking 2.0 that's even stronger and bulkier".
As long as you are not blindingly attacking as soon as you see it use Rage, you should be fine. Rage is low enough power that even with these stats, it does passable damage for this point in the game (unless you let it build it up). Some Growls and Leers and it goes down easily.

Honey Badger

Member Title
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
wow he really just met the man

nice snombee you got there

nice job with the slaking+ too

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Being able to download that Sitrus berry off the internet makes perfect sense. Still just how the catching tutorial pretty much faces up against a legendary. The first gym battle was a pretty interesting puzzle boss. It's nice to see you use moves like Spikes and Leer to beat a gym battle.

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
I am so full of :psyduck: right now...
This game looks like total chaos that will be entertaining as hell to watch. I mean, a level 100 in the catching tutorial? First gym has an ace with Slaking-tier stats? Luigi is a gym leader?
Where is my 🍿, I'm gonna need it.

redninjapuffle

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
oh no

uh good luck have fun
okay sure
players of the hack: but why?
creator of said hack: BECAUSE FUCK YOU THATS WHY
As long as you are not blindingly attacking as soon as you see it use Rage, you should be fine. Rage is low enough power that even with these stats, it does passable damage for this point in the game (unless you let it build it up). Some Growls and Leers and it goes down easily.
Yeah I mean boomerang tanked two rages from it and honestly you really only need one or two leers to kill it
wow he really just met the man

nice snombee you got there

nice job with the slaking+ too
I sure did, also the enemy is from kirby's return to Dreamland so thats a neat, thanks again
Being able to download that Sitrus berry off the internet makes perfect sense. Still just how the catching tutorial pretty much faces up against a legendary. The first gym battle was a pretty interesting puzzle boss. It's nice to see you use moves like Spikes and Leer to beat a gym battle.
I agree with all three points, using strategy instead of "attack until it dies" is really neat
I am so full of :psyduck: right now...
This game looks like total chaos that will be entertaining as hell to watch. I mean, a level 100 in the catching tutorial? First gym has an ace with Slaking-tier stats? Luigi is a gym leader?
Where is my 🍿, I'm gonna need it.
You ain't seen nothing yet
Now I have update
Cyhv0nw.png

Just give me the shoes
Anyway so I started running
Route 3

hHrGvXf.png

I'll give you 5 seconds to guess what I'm gonna name her

Her name is Amazon, and I train her up

NFDV5VD.png

Pog
now to Mt. Moon where we get the zubat of the game

VwqYIv1.png

Her name is Spectral
We meet the totally not evil TPA CO. They aren't evil they told me so
Route 4 time

CP72nrs.png

His name is koops
Cerlean City baby

7PqxlXZ.png

Wow okay, screw you
Also there is a rival battle that I forgot but we should be fine-

0gu5NWF.png

I just HAD to say it
ugh

dxUyaBG.png

First death...
Guess I can use Spectral now

z4uQbv8.png

my boi?

hHERbud.png

Hello there
Most of the team is easy sweep with Amazon and Spectral

m5OYTuX.png

I can evolve Poyo into this, but I'm not gonna!

pBPL7AA.png

GG EZ NO RE

hRPvWhk.png

Thats it for this update
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ
I know I was supposed to do Reinvention last week, but because of school, the NC, among other things, I think I am changing the schedule for it, Ignoring Advice will not be affected by it, but for Reinvention, going forward I will start making one huge update per month, which contains the content of 2-3 updates, this is made for personal reasons

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
...Okay I can accept Luigi as a gym leader, but how in the heck can a blob be a gym leader??? Although at least it doesn't have a not-Slaking...
Also F for Soldier u_u

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
G1HFtQK.png
G1HFtQK.png

The year is 20XX, we can download food from the internet
Ooh, a free held item Super Potion right off the bat!

this should have been my first indication that this was going to be "fair" and "balanced"

Give me the kirby one
Taste. 😤

wD9DgXx.png
wD9DgXx.png

Goal is to have Buzz setup spikes, sweep first two mons, then hopefully have Boomerang kill the last one before it kills him
OK, strategy, but! Look at these adorable menu sprites! 🥺

E8wfrjw.png

Fun stat spread, but truant with the fact it only knows rage means that it can't do too much damage, but it three-shots Boomerang, I leer once, learn that Boomerang is faster, leer again, leer one more time and he lives on 3, recovers hp and...
Is that...
squat-and-squint-meme-woman.jpg

a Slaking in gym 1? 0-0
hHERbud.png

Hello there
Lad! 😍

No Super Slaking for the lad, though. :c

REDalchemist

S.P.D. Jack Landors
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
Whomst
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
There once was a man named Gold Roger, who was King of the Pirates. He had fame, power, and wealth beyond your wildest dreams.
Gooey has high hopes to get himself a significant other at Cerulean Cape

redninjapuffle

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
*blows away dust*
Hello there, this isn't dead
...Okay I can accept Luigi as a gym leader, but how in the heck can a blob be a gym leader??? Although at least it doesn't have a not-Slaking...
Also F for Soldier u_u
Gooey is best boi also rip
Ooh, a free held item Super Potion right off the bat!

this should have been my first indication that this was going to be "fair" and "balanced"

Taste. 😤

OK, strategy, but! Look at these adorable menu sprites! 🥺

Is that...
squat-and-squint-meme-woman.jpg

a Slaking in gym 1? 0-0
Lad! 😍

No Super Slaking for the lad, though. :c
yes, thanks, based, also yes and yes, don't worry, I'll face another slaking soon...
Gooey has high hopes to get himself a significant other at Cerulean Cape
I hope he finds one
anyways lets go into the 3rd gym
5e5k7Hf.png

Time to go mug some peeps for money

RSgws9j.png

Oh hi Marx

mcaqXkV.png

Thank you, now for the catch

SRgwWno.png

I think I called this guy beam or something

diZL7z7.png
5M5v1b8.png

Route 25 catch

Wy612x9.png

JESUS THAT WAS CLOSE
yeah bob-ombs blow up, so we better watch out

LkdhUaN.png

Okay cool, its plot time

0y6HfX8.png

ba-dum-tish

wOHsNll.png

not yours either stupid

qPwmh66.png

give me that

9EsGw6p.png
HQduzkW.png

Route 5 catch

DKLzZnN.png

He can only raise sadly, but I shall leave poyo in his hands so I can get another mon

QZN2QeL.png

Welp, guess I gotta take the underground path

oM09T8y.png
cuLddVe.png

route 6 catch

g18rJFz.png

We in the city now

O6KjBhq.png

NICE, also watch me forget it's existence

mqHwpmh.png

I need to defeat doctor wawee

Pi1I1ZH.png
0gj8jO4.png

irqlrZF.png
YpLQAEN.png

Sand tunnel and route 11 encounters

beWMncC.png

To the S.S. Anne

ECjPFqp.png

taught buzz dig, they avoided the blast

96ZClN2.png

Final Fantasy reference

DVj8ANJ.png

There are no rival battle images because I swept his team this time
We then get cut, and while cut is normally useless, this hack buffed it
GiDLU9F.png

So its now a 70 base power bug move

gFMi6W7.png
KALwJ5x.png
HgwoyGb.png
uVR6YXo.png
XHaztjC.png
Now you are probably wondering why did I evolve everyone, (except Splash), well I trained everyone to level 32, because when I was watching a vid of a guy facing this gym, I thought the ace was level 32, so I trained everyone to that amount

Hn2gRhD.png

Yes

gP5KO89.png

That is his ace, only level 24, yeah I overgrinded
it was a mistake though, but we won so who cares

qCuqpOy.png

Okay, that is where I shall leave off for now
You're probably wondering why I never updated any of my runs? well for two reasons
1. burnout, I have just not felt the urge to play and record my playtime of this game, which leads us here
2. school, school was nearing the end of its current year, so I got a lot more projects, tests, and other stuff I needed to get done, so I had little time to play and record.
I should also note that I am further in the game, so further that I have finished the run, whether it means I lost or won will be told when we get there, anyways I should update this more frequently, Reinvention is currently on hiatus for maybe a month or two, spirit red will be updated till completion along with my next leg of the UCL run
Thats it for now, peace

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
nice grinding

congrats on defeating dr wily

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Her name is Poyo, btw Chuchu is the eevee of the game, normal type, three elemental evolutions
That makes sense, given Chuchu's variations in the Zelda games.

Heck, it's probably the one thing in this hack that makes any sense at all.

I'm kind of curious as to the types, abilities, movesets, and stat spread of all these 'Pokemon' you're using.

Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
I'm kind of curious as to the types, abilities, movesets, and stat spread of all these 'Pokemon' you're using.

There's a spreadsheet for most data for the Pokemon. Although just be warned that some of the stuff can be quite spoilery
(the ability HYPERVISUAL is just COMPOUNDEYES, but renamed to be "fittable" to more pokemon).

There's also one for movesets, although it doesn't explain the custom moves, not to mention, move buffs/nerfs:

Sterling-Starlight

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Addicted to carbonated beverages and chocolate. Can, and will, talk forever about her interests if she finds someone who will listen
I have no idea what's happening in this hack. But good luck, anyway

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
The robber? You mean, the guy in the upper left of your house? criminals really don't go far from the crime scene huh

You really robbed poor Dr. Wily of a chance to win. ...Oh well. Dig already stole it.

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
After WoL, it's weird for me to see Marx as a common enemy :psyduck:
Hey, you beat Dr. Wily without having to go through 8 robots :v:
Although now you're (probably) gonna be overleveled for a while...

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
That cut buff is pretty cool. A move like that could really help out with what replaced Erika's and Sabrina's gyms. I wish I could say more but all the fakemon in this hack are alien to me, which makes it a bit hard to over-analyze things. While this hack probably wasn't balanced with nuzlockes in mind, at least the over leveling should keep your Smashmons safe for a while. Things don't appear to have been too hard so far apart from the Tow-tow which was a puzzle boss. I dread to think of the difficulty spike in this game that made the creator suggest not nuzlocking it.

Users who are viewing this thread