• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Feature team invited you to check out the Hidden Gem Showcase! Give a little love to your favorite runs you think more people should know about!
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Fan Game Hack Other Adventure I Can't Believe It's An Isekai! (Touhoumon Another World Nuzlocke)

Thread Description
Isekais are supposed to be fun. You fall into another world, become a badass, maybe build a harem... No one ever said it would be this hard.

Sterling-Starlight

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Addicted to carbonated beverages and chocolate. Can, and will, talk forever about her interests if she finds someone who will listen
Guys, let's just turn around. We've been out here for hours, and we haven't found anything.

Aw, c'mon, Shigeru! We're so close now, I can feel it!

I am of a mind with Shigeru, Renko. It is getting rather late, and we do have classes tomorrow...

Finally, some common sense in this hogwash.

You're turning against me too, Mari? Listen, just- hey did you guys hear that? I think it came from that way! Come on!

Renko, don't run off by yourself! Renko!
Get back here, dumbass!

*Huff, puff* There has to be something here. There has to be! Wait, why is there-? Nononono, wait!
GUYS! HELP!

Well now. This... might be a problem.

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51.png

Ow. What the heck- where...?
...Guys?
Okay. Okay, okay, okay. Calm down, Renko. Is anything broken? ... No. Does anything look familiar? ...Also no.
But there's a... shrine at the top of those steps? Better than just sitting around in the rain, I guess.

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-2.png

Hsssss.....
Oh sh-! Um... hi, little... girl? Can you-?

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-3.png

Aaaaand there's blood on your mouth. W-wait, keep away! Don't come closer! HELP!

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-4.png

Geez, what's with all the ruckus out here? Oh, not again! Remillia, drop it! Drop! It!
---------------------------------------

Touhoumon Another World Nuzlocke!

Rules:

-One Catch Per Route
-Everything shall be nicknamed
- Zero HP= Dead
- If the entire team wipes, the run can continue PROVIDED there are Boneka in the box.
-Pick a God and Pray

Last edited:

Sterling-Starlight

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Addicted to carbonated beverages and chocolate. Can, and will, talk forever about her interests if she finds someone who will listen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@redninjapuffle
Eeeeeyup. It's been a while since I've played Touhoumon, but from what I remember it gets... rough. Youkai Jesus protect me.

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-5.png

Ouch... where? ...A tatami bed? What is this, my grandma's house?

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-6.png

Hellooooooo-oh. Well. I wasn't expecting to run into a cosplayer here...

A what?
A cosplayer. You know. Since you're supposed to be a shrine maiden, I think?
Rude. I am a shrine maiden; the one who happened to save you from that Remilia. You're welcome, by the way. Listen, just have a seat...

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-10.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-11.png

Wait, wait wait wait wait. You called this place "Gensokyo"; so is this another world? Have I been Isekai'd?!
Suuuuuuuure. Anyway. Why don't you step outside for some fresh air? I'll try and figure out what to do about... you. (That Remilia must have done more damage than I thought.)

For lack of anything else to do, alrighty.

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-13.png

Oh wow. This really is an honest to god Shinto shrine. It's kind of... shabby from the outside, though.
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-15.png

(The donation box is empty. Looks like the only thing that's been in here lately are spiders)

There you are!
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-16.png

So. You've lost your memories, and I don't like the idea of just shoving you through the barrier and hoping for the best. Plan B... isn't that great either, but it's better than nothing. I have three extra Boneka I'm not really doing anything with, so I want you to take one. Travel across Gensokyo, get into a few fights and your problem will solve itself. Probably anyway.

... Are you serious?
Honestly? Sometimes I think that's the only way problems here ever get solved. But anyway
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-17.png

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-18.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-19.png

Oooh, this one's cute. Mi-ko-to. How's that?
Oh, wow. Giving the shrine maiden a name that has "miko" in it. A veritable well of creativity, aren't we?

I could just call you "Ch-Sanae". That actually has a nice ring to it: Ch-Sanae. Ch-Sanae. Ch-Sanae~
Stop. Mikoto is... better than that. I'll just have to live with it.

That settles that, then. You two better be on your way before it gets too dark.

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-21.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-22.png

Sure. Thanks for everything, Reimu.

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-24.png

Geez, her again?!
Wait. I know this Remilia... she's intolerable! She thinks she's soooooo great because she's the only known shiny of her type.
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-25.png

No one cares that you're purple, Remilia! No one is impressed!

Hssssss!
I think you made her mad.
Good. She's had this coming for a long time.

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-26.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-27.png

*In between bites of Oran Berry* You know, I thought for a second there'd be some kind of challenge here.
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-28.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-29.png

Clearly not. Maybe try actually fighting next time instead of leering me into submission. You dingbat.

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-23.png
So here is the lady of the hour. If I recall, Sassy is a Sp. Def boosting nature, which is really good on Sanae.
I actually forgot this Remilia had leech life, and I was thinking "Oh, shit, what do I do if I lose?" But she only ended up using it twice. All her other turns she tried leering Mikoto to death. Weird flex, but I'll take it.

Last edited:

Neosonic97

The Fastest Thing Alive
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Capable of casually moving faster than the speed of sound. His top speed is unknown, though some theorise it to be faster than light itself.

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
The sass is strong with this one

randoseru

ランドセル
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
always nice to see another touhoumon hack c:
another world is pretty mean later on though >.< wishing you luck !
..especially with reimu

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
a touhoumon another world run, complete with coloured text?

watching

(ch-sanae)

sugar heart

nono morikubo is a qt
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
hello, i like idols.
another world? that's a name i haven't heard in a looong time (like not since maybe ~2016? 2017?)

from what i can gather, this hack gets really unforgiving later on, so good luck, don't die, and remember to grind like hell.

Sterling-Starlight

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
@Neosonic97
-Frickin' sweet
- Frederick; keeping Awakening Memes relevant since 2013 *double-take* Wait, Awakening was released in 2013? What the fu-

@redninjapuffle
I love my sassy divine miko child.

@randoseru
I have.... *PTSD flashbacks* fond memories of the Touhoumon hacks. Merry Blue was my first "popular" run, as a matter fact. Back in the yonder years of tapatalk.
Ah yes. Her. The run thrasher.

@Cirr
I'm going to run out of default colors at this rate. =7=;
(Chiisana Ch-Sanae)

@sugar heart
Another World and World Link were semi-popular back on tapatalk, but like you said that was back in the early-mid 2010s. It's been a good while

So... let me see if I have this right...
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-31.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-33.png

Renko lost her memories on how she even got here in the first place...
And instead of actually doing anything to help, the shrine maiden just gave her Mikoto, pointed you guys in a random direction and said "go"...
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-30.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-32.png

So now the only semblance of a plan you have is to... wander aimlessly until something happens?
Well when you put it like that, it sounds like a bad plan.
Maybe because it
is a bad plan.
C'cmon. It isn't-
No, no. She has the right of it.

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-45.png

Your plan sucks.

It's not all bad! we got this letter of introduction from that Akyuu girl. We just have to find this Patch-ooo-lee and see what she knows. If that doesn't work out, we'll think of something else.

...You don't have to come with us if you don't want to.
Bad plan or no... I've always been curious about what's beyond Youkai Road. There has to be more to life than chasing Mystias and fighting other Chens for the best sunny spot.
If you insist. But before we go any further, you need to train. You look like you'd be taken out with a stiff breeze. For example- *takes her gohei out of her sleeve and lightly bops Mochi on the head with it*
Ksssss! *flails her hands, claws out* Kssssss-ah! *falls over backwards*
...Gods preserve us.

* One Grinding Montage Later *

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-46.png

Think we overdid it?
There is no such thing in Gensokyo.
Well, let's not waste any more time, then. Onwards to the Noooo-

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-51.png

-oooo- can I help you?
Actually, you can. pleasure to meet you, human! Quite a pleasure!
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-53.png

A little fairy told me that you've found yourself displaced in Gensokyo. How did it happen? Where in the Outside World are you from?

W-well, I actually-
What's your opinion on Boneka battles overtaking the spell card rules? Do you have boneka in the outside world? You seem adapt at handling them.
Excuse me, but who the hell are you supposed to be? And secondly, why should we even bother with you?
A rude sanae? interesting. very interesting... i wonder how she'd react... anyway. I'm shameimaru aya, writer, editor and publisher of the bunbunmaru newspaper; rated #1 in Gensokyo. as to why you should cooperate... why for the story, of course! the entertinment! do you know how many humans just fall in gensokyo? You're the first in... over a millennium, at the very least.
Why don't you just hang a sign around her neck that says: "HUMAN WANDERING GENSOKYO. COME LOOK AT AND/OR EAT"
Well that's a fatalistic way to think about it.
I could get eaten?!

So, thank you but no. we'll just be on our way.
Sorry, but I can't leave empty-handed.

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-56.png

I'm sure you understand.

Mikooootoooooooo! I forgot early game Mystias were crit-loving nightmare demons. Next chapter will be the fight with Aya, and our heroes will finally make it to the Scarlet Devil Mansion for the Scarlet Devil Super Show. I mean plot.

Last edited:

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
yikes, death is close

Sterling-Starlight

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
@redninjapuffle
I knooooow ;~; I've never lost a nuzlocke before it really began before, I don't know what I would have done. Fortunately that didn't happen though, so yaaaaaaaay

“Alrighty, without further ado~” Aya flipped the miko orb she had retrieved from her belt with a flourish. When it popped open on the field, a tiny wolf girl emerged from the blinding white. She shook herself like a puppy and picked up the large, single-edged saber she had been released with. It looked to be as tall as she was and weigh twice as much, but there was no mistaking how confidant she looked with it in hand.

“You’ve got this?” Renko asked Mochi. The catgirl grinned up and pounced onto the field,

“Easy-peasy."
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-58.png

"Quick Attack!" Aya commanded. The wolf girl's ears perked up, her tail lashed from side to side as she put her weapon down and got down on all fours. In a flash and a cloud of dust she was gone. "Where did-?" Mochi was cut off when the wolf girl suddenly slammed into her, sending her skidding several feet off to the side. Mochi dug her claws into the dirt, ears pinned back and pupils narrowed into slits. Her ear twitched at the sound of a twig snapping underfoot.
"Scratch!" Renko called. Pivoting her body, Mochi swiped out towards her left side, claws digging deeply into the skin of her opponents cheek. The silver-haired Boneka let out a yip of pain before it lowered to a growl. She disappeared again at Aya's command. Uprooting grass as she went. Mochi held her ground, ears perked up in alert as her eyes scanned the battlefield.

There.

She turned and swiped out just as the wolf girl had re-appeared behind her. Her claws cut deeply into the wolf girl's chest before she was flung back again, limbs giving out from underneath her as she landed in a heap.​
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-59.png

Renko called Mochi and tossed out Mikoto's ball. The shrine maiden barely had time to brace herself before the silver-haired boneka slammed into her. Mikoto let out a hiss of pain through her teeth, but otherwise managed to stay on her feet.

"A word of warning would have been nice." She bit back at Renko.

"I'll be sorry later," replied, "slow her down with whirlpool!" Mikoto rolled her eyes but complied none the less, pulling her gohei out of her sleeve and touched the top of it to her forehead. After a quickly whispered prayer, she lifted it above her head. The ground rumbled beneath the other Boneka's feet, before a torrent of swirling water shot out from the earth.
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-60.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-61.png

"If you've got a plan, better do it now." Mikoto said urgently, "This won't hold her back for long."

"Mah pflan ish healing," Renko replied through the trigger of the potion bottle she held in between her teeth. She released Mochi from her Miko orb just long enough to spray her with the medicine before recalling her.

"Come over here, Momiji!" Aya called. Renko could just barely see her wave a potion bottle enticingly over her head. Mikoto uttered a curse under her breath as, through what seemed to be nothing but sheer willpower, Momiji freed herself from the whirlpool to rush to Aya's side. "Quick Attack!" The water from Mikoto's whirlpool splashed against the ground. The mud didn't do anything to slow down the Momiji's approach, but did leave tracks so Mikoto could see where she would be coming from. A high-pressed stream of water shot out from Mikoto's hands, but it did very little to stop the charging Bonkea. Momiji's elbow slammed into Mikoto hard enough to cause something to crack audibly. Not unlike the sound clay pottery made before shattering.

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-62.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-63.png

"Mikoto!" Renko screamed, horrified, as the blue-and-white Boneka landed at her feet, face down in the dirt. She gasped laboriously on the ground and coughed dryly, trying in vain to push herself up on her arms. Renko swept down and sprayed Mikoto with a potion her head to toe, worrying her bottom lip as Mikoto's rattling gasps for breath evened out somewhat.

"It didn't have to go this far if you just cooperated," Aya called from her side of the field. She had, at the very least, some decency to sound somewhat appalled.

"Cram it up your ass!" Renko shrieked back, voice breaking.

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-65.png

"Agreed," Mikoto said, finally managing to push herself onto her knees. Renko tried not to notice what looked like bits of dried clay fall out from the bottom of her top. "This is getting old." Another stream of water shot out from her hands, pounding into the approaching Momiji's body with enough force to send her sprawling against the ground, sliding in the mud before finally stopping. "Take me to the hospital," Mikoto told Renko firmly. The teen gave the Boneka a watery smile and called her back to her miko orb.

"I've still got one more thing up my sleeve," Aya proclaimed. Renko loudly groaned when a smaller copy of Aya appeared on the field, eyeing the mess of water and mud on the ground warily.

"Fine. Mochi, she's all yours."
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-66.png

"Quick Attack!"
"Scratch!"

The Aya Boneka shrieked as she was forced down into the mud, wings flapping in an attempt to free herself from underneath Mochi. As weighed down by the mud as they were, no amount of flailing and flapping could get her airborne. Mochi regarded her coldly as she swiped her claws across the other Boneka's face.
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-67.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-68.png

"That's our win," Mochi told Aya coldly. "Now leave us alone."

Aya blinked, wide eyed, but composed herself relatively quickly. She called the Aya boneka back to her ball and brushed off her skirt casually.

"I guess I'll let the issue lie. For now. But I'm looking forward to seeing how you progress." She lifted herself into the air and gave Renko a wink. "Ciao for now~" and then she was gone, leaves rustling in her wake. Renko called Mochi back to her orb and fell onto her back. She scrubbed at her face and let out a breath of air through her teeth.

"Not sure if I had fun or not," she mumbled. Battling wild Mystias and Chens back on Youkai Road was one thing, but other people? She wasn't sure her heart could take it. This didn't happen in the stories.

"Um, excuse me. Are you okay?" Renko's musing was interrupted by a new voice, light and feminine. Peering through her fingers she saw another Boneka with dark green hair and eyes, dressed in an elegant red dress. "I saw what happened from the pond. Shouldn't you take your friends to the hospital?"

"Yeah. You're right," Renko forced herself up into a sitting position. Adjusting her had, she regarded the new Boneka curiously. "You wouldn't happen to want to come with, would you? Things usually aren't so..." she glanced at the muddied battlefield, "horrible."

The green-haired Boneka put a hand on Renko's arm, a tense smile on her face. "It wasn't so bad. You're new to this, yes? You did what you could. And to answer your question; yes. I will accompany you."

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-71.png

So. In Touhoumon, Momiji also goes by "Murdermiji" for a damn good reason. She's fast, she's sturdy, she hits like a truck and has all the other benefits of being a gen 3 normal type. And of course I chose the starter that A) Is very much the middle-of-the-road of the three statwise, and doesn't really hit her stride until her THIRD EVOLUTION. And B) Everything along Youkai road is frail. I'm 99% sure the only reason Mochi was able to take more than two hits is because she has a defense-boosting nature.

The second half will be up later today, probably :)

Sterling-Starlight

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-73.png

Well, this is pretty straightforward.
So, hey... you mentioned that I could get eaten out here. That isn't true... right?

Oh no, it's true. It doesn't happen as often any more, but some youkai do eat humans who wander too far from the village. I thought all humans knew that.
Um, No?? In my world, youkai are just fairy tale characters! And occasionally really attractive people in anime and otome games, but that's not the point! Why wouldn't Reimu tell me this?
She probably thought you knew.
For the record: Hakurei Shrine attracts youkai like moths to a flame. It's also very haunted. You probably would have been eaten, possessed, or both before too long if you stuck around.

...Let's not talk so casually about my more-than-likely demise, okay? Okay. Come on, we should go before it gets too late. *power walks away*
Is that the truth?
About the shrine being haunted and infested with youkai? Without question. The part about Renko probably getting eaten or possessed? Not so much. Anyone who would try it would probably get smacked by a broom.
... You're horrible. *follows after Renko.

"You're horrible", meh-meh-meh. Pppbbt.

* Later*

0075-3-Scarlet-Devil-Mansion-2.jpg

This must be the place.
You don't say.
I known it's called "
Scarlet Devil Mansion", but I wasn't expecting the name to be so... literal.

When you're an immortal vampire who has a time-manipulating maid in her employ, you can take things to such extremes I suppose.
Whatever. Let's just...

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-74.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-75.png

Oh. There's a guard here. Okay, we can be civil about this. Excuse me...

Buh-wha? Intruders!
W-what? No! We just need to get inside!
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-77.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-78.png

Meiling-2.png

oH MY GOD! OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!
WE CAN FIGHT IFYOUWANTBUTIONLYHAVEBONEKA.PUTYOURLASERSAWAY!

What? Oh, right! The new rules. Sorry.
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-79.png

Prepare yourself!

Haha...hah...haaaaaaaaaaaah...
Are you going to be okay?
Eventually. For now I'll just... stay down here on the [FONT=Lucida Console, Lucida Sans Typewriter, monaco, Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, monospace]ground[/FONT]. The nice, solid ground that won't shoot lasers...
Mochi rolled her shoulders as she stepped onto the battlefield. Like Aya before her, Meiling's Bonkea was a smaller copy of herself, bouncing on the balls of her feet as soon as she touched the grass. But Mochi had learned a trick or two since then. Tail swishing, she shifted her weight into the balls of her feet and dashed forward. Quicker than the Meiling Boneka could react, Mochi slammed her elbow into her stomach, causing the other Boneka to fly backwards, breathless. She rolled for a few feet before regaining control of her body and springing up on her hands, landing on her feet with a surprising amount of grace.

"Like we practiced, Mei-Hua," Meiling began, "brick break!" The Boneka -Mei-Hua- kicked off the ground as soon as the command was issued. Mochi just barely had time to raise her arms up in defense before Meiling brought her hands down hard enough to make Mochi's knees buckle.

Her arms cracked.

With a cry Mochi was forced to lower her guard. Mei-Hua, swiftly taking advantage of this, shifted her stance. Feet spread apart and knees bent, a twisting punch shot out from her hit collided with Mochi's face, sending her airborne.

Crack.
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-80.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-81.png

"Mochi!" Renko shrieked, freed from her previous shock. Scrambling to get onto her hands and knees, she crawled over to her Boneka and pulled her into her arms. A spider web of cracks had blossomed across Mochi's face at the point of impact. And still alive. As glad as Renko was for this, her stomach lurched as she imagined just how much pain Mochi must have been in. She recalled the chen to her orb without a second thought.

Chiharu was the next one to come out, and almost immediately had to block a rotating kick aimed for her head.
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-82.png

"If you want to play that way," Chiharu said between her teeth, poison seething into her hands. "take this!" She was just able to sling a handful of purple-black ooze into Mei-Hua's face. She howled in pain and jumped back, wiping at her eyes.

"That! Do that again!" Renko called, still shaken.

"Protect!" Meiling commanded. But Mei-Hua was still blinded by the poison, too pre-occupied with getting it out of her eyes that she had no way to block the following attack. It sent her crumbling to the ground when it collided, sizzling against her skin and clothing as she twitched sporadically. Meiling called her back swiftly. "Let's try this then. It's on you, Da-Xia!"
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-85.png

Quite unlike Mei-Hua, this Meiling came out calm and collected. She regarded Chiharu with a steely stare as she flipped her hair over her shoulder and sunk into a fighting stance.

"Let's be a little more careful," Renko cautioned. "Use wrap to try and slow her down!" Chiharu spun gracefully in response, the lace ribbons shooting out from her form to tightly around Da-Xia's arms.
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-86.png

Rather than be impeded, however, Da-Xia grabbed onto the ribbons and pulled, forcing Chiharu forward a few steps. With another solid tug the Hina was forced off her feet and dragged along the grass. Once she was in range, Da-Xia raised her legs up high and brought it down on Chiharu's chest in a wide arc. Chiharu chocked out a gasp. "Sludge!" Renko called, boarding on desperate. Gritting her teeth, Chiharu threw a glob of poison into Da-Xia's face. The Meiling coughed and sputtered, poison burning against her skin.

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-87.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-88.png

Da-Xia stumbled back a few paces before collapsing onto her hands and knees, her body convulsing. Finally she vomited- a ghastly purple-red sludge pouring from her mouth and onto the grass. Finally, she fell onto her side, gurling. The real Meiling called her back to her miko orb.
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-90.png

And what is this mess on the lawn? I hope there's a good explanation for this, Meiling
Eeep! W-well I caught this intruder! She was trying to enter the mansion uninvited!

I'm not an intruder! I have this letter from Akyuu, see? She told me to come here!
From Miss Akyuu? May I see it? ... ... ... Ah yes. You must be the amnesiac from the Outside World whom Akyuu sent word about a few hours ago. I apologize for the confusion. Patchouli has been expecting you; if you would come with me.
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-92.png

I apologize for Meiling. She is, at times, far too over-eager. But I cannot entirely blame her. Others have attempted to enter the mansion rather... forcefully in the past.

So... is the flying and the lasers... normal?
It was, until fairly recently.

Sakuya, there you are. I find myself wanting to go for a stroll, but I can't find my-
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-93.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-94.png

-Who is this?
Patchouli's guest, Madame. She is still rather shaken from her encounter with Meiling outside.
Hmph. Shaking like a mouse. Very well, but once you've escorted her to Patchouli, do help me find my parasol. I'm terribly bored.
Of course, Madame. Right this way, miss.

Patchouli, the human Akyuu mentioned has arrived.
Splendid. Thank you, Sakuya. Now, Renko was it? Akyuu mentioned in her letter that you had absolutely no recollection of how you came to Gensokyo. Is this true?

That sounds about right. I just... woke up at the shrine up in the mountains. Reimu told me that everything would probably work itself out if I just... wandered around. I'm realizing that it's not a very good plan.
*sigh* Typical Reimu... While I can't offer a solution for your lost memories I can, perhaps, give you something more productive to do rather than just wander aimlessly. But first, a question: how much do you know about Boneka?
That they're... magical fighting dolls who like hiding in tall grass and water? And they're autonomous?
You know the basics, at the very least. Good, that saves me some time. But there is more to the story than that; get comfortable and listen closely...

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-98.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-99.png

In a cruel twist of irony, it was the very same thief that caused me to develop Boneka in the first place. Her methods were crude and the Boneka she created weaker than they should have been, but she had sheer numbers on her side.
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-100.png

I had no choice but to forcibly expel them from the library. But, in my haste, I also sent the magical tomes I used to create Boneka away with them.
Hey, so, I have a question: You only made enough Boneka to defend this library, right? And then the thief made more, but how are there so many wandering around outside? This library is pretty big, but I don't think it needs that many Boneka to guard and attack it. Unless they...
I can assure you that they do not. That is disgusting. But you do have a valid question, one that I've yet to figure out for myself. We're fortunate that Boneka, for the most part, are docile and willing to be commanded by humans and youkai, to the point where Yukari developed an entirely new set of rules centered around them. Nothing bad has happened yet, but I can't help but feel like there's a giant slumbering somewhere that we're all ignoring . My working theory is if I have all the magical tomes back in my possession, I can figure out where the rest of the Boneka came from, and whether my concerns are justified. But I can't even walk the mansion gardens for very long, let alone travel across the country.
So, I'm guessing that's where I come in?
Precisely. You'll be chasing shadows, I admit, but it will be a more productive way for you to spend your time. You might even figure out how you first came here. Can I count on your cooperation?
Better than Plan A. Okay, I'm in.
Thank you. I've heard the fairy workers gossip that the poltergeists in the mansion to the north have found a new treasure. Hopefully you'll find something of value if you go there. Best of luck to you.

And so once again, Mochi gives me a heart attack. I'm not sure if focus energy is buffed for this hack, or if focus energy has always been kind of busted, but after cMeiling used it, EVERY OTHER HIT was a crit. It was absurd. Thankfully Chiharu is pretty bulky and was able to take some good hits, but getting that poison really helped in the long run.
And our heroine finally has an actual goal! About half of Patchy's explanation is what's in the base game, while the other is what I made up for the story. The plot of Another World is... not it's strongest point. While the same could be said for Pokemon games/Touhoumon games (since in the latter, fights literally happen just because Marisa or Reimu looked at the other person funny), I did want to try and fill in the gaps.

Last edited:

DistortionLocke

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Anxious, sweet-toothed writer who hides amongst the papers. Only attacks when provoked.
I don’t know squat about Touhou, but I’m loving this so far!

Sterling-Starlight

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
@DistortionLocke
Admitedly, my only experience with Touhou is watching other people play it, the fan anime, and reading the manga. I've never actually played any of the main games, fml.
But anyway, I'm glad you're liking the run! <3

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-108.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-109.png

So, how do you two feel?
Powerful!
This is very different indeed. I feel... warm and tingly? Almost like getting out of a hotspring.

Mikoto, you've been training longer than anyone. Why haven't you changed?
I'm a late bloomer. But that doesn't mean I won't kick all sorts of ass down the road; because I will.

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-123.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-124.png

No one said anything.

A-Anyway! Patchouli mentioned we'd probably need a source of light once we got in the mansion. But it can't be that bad, right?
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-126.png

I TAKE THAT BACK, THIS IS THE WORST
Ow! Who stepped on my tail?

Never mind your tail, someone's touching my butt!
Is that what this is? Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!
*Sigh* Honestly...

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-127.png

Better?
Wow, you guys are pretty-

GHOST!!
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-128.png

-...hopeless. Are you seriously afraid of ghosts?
Sheesh. I can only imagine what would have happened if you met Old Lady Mima back at the shrine. You probably would have died of a heart attack.
It's not my fault! When we were little, Shigeru used to- ... to...
Hold on, who-?
And you're an amnesiac to boot. Dear, dear me...
So. What's a human and her menagerie doing this far north, anyway? You're clearly not prepared.
Well, you see....

...So, basically, the only plan any of you have on maybe getting Renko back home is to be that librarian's troupe of errand girls.
Not the most eloquent of plans, I grant you. But it is not as if humans fall into Gensokyo every other day; no one quite knows what to do with her. And even if we cannot send her home, one would think she'd like to know who she was prior to coming here. Isn't that right, Renko?

Hm? Oh, yeah. Totally.
Well, you might be in luck. I've heard rumors from the upper floors that the "treasure" that crash landed here not too long ago is a book of some kind. I can help you get to it- on the condition that you help me get strong enough to leave.
You don't want to stay in a dark and spooky haunted mansion? No way.
Don't misunderstand, I love it here with my sisters. But the same old rooms in the same old mansion don't do much to spark creativity. I want to write songs other than "Whooooooooah. Spooooookkkyyyy ghooooooooooost violiiiiiiiiiiiin". Gensokyo's a big place, I'm just not able to explore it by myself. So, what do you say? Do we have a deal?
Uh huh. Sure. Welcome to the team. You're Tsuki now.
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-129.png

Fair enough. But until you get out of your head, I think I should take point. Wouldn't want you bumping into a chibi Mima, or falling through a hole in the floor, or something.

*Exploration!*

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-130.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-131.png

Merciful gods, this is getting ridiculous. Would you just say what's on your mind already?
I'm sorry?

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-132.png

We haven't been together very long, but this is the quietest you've ever been. You've also tripped over, like, three chairs. So out with it: What's bothering you?
No use hiding it. ... I remembered something- someone. Shigeru. He and I grew up and did everything together! Played games, watched movies, teased his older sister about her girlfriend.

And the reason that doesn't entire sound like a good thing is becaaaaauuuussse-?

...There was a third person. Someone important to both of us. I can't help but feel... guilty that I remembered Shigeru but not her.
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-133.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-134.png

That's it? Seriously? *sigh* Okay. I'm not... good at the whole comforting thing, so bare with me.
... I'm not going to give you the whole "I understand what you're going through" shtick,
because I don't. Up until recently, all I did was arm wrestle a chibi Suika who lived up in a tree and eat all Reimu's mochi. But I can tell you it's okay that you don't remember everything all at once. I mean, hell. You're not even in Gensokyo five minutes, and you almost get your face eaten off by a feral Remilia. We'll do this tedious fetch quest, and if by the end you haven't regained all your memories or gotten home, then we'll think of something else.
...That might be the nicest thing you've said to me since we met. I'm almost tempted to say you actually like me.
Who said I didn't like you? Sure, you're a complete spazz and I'll call you out on it, but that doesn't mean I don't like you.

-Ahem!- I hate to break up this touching bonding moment, but there's a minor problem.
That's ominous. What's up?
The staircase leading up to the third floor is blocked, so we'll have to go through the Prismriver Sister's practice room. Problem is, they're a little... intense when it comes to the new rules.

I am certain if we explain to them we are just getting a book back for Mistress Patchouli, they won't give us a hard time.
Hah! Oh, you're funny!
Well, if there's nothing else for it...

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-135.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-136.png

AAAAAAH! I mean, um, -ahem- Hi, hello. I'm Renko, and these are my Boneka.

What an odd human. You'd think she'd never seen a ghost before.
In all fairness, you did just stick your head through a wall. That would startle anyone.

We're in the middle of practice, miss. So I do apologize, but you will have to come back later if you want to book us for a venue.

What? No, I'm not here to hire you. I'm looking for something for Patchouli- that mage in the... other mansion? It's a book about .... okay, I actually don't know what it looks like. But maybe you've seen an obviously-magicky book somewhere around here?

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-139.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-140.png

Yeah, that! Patchouli wants it back, so if you'd just-

No, I don't think we will.
That book is a special treasure after all. So if you want it...

You'll have to get through us first!

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-141.png

Why does this keep happening to me?

Less action and more character in this one. Because, really, how do you make going through not-granite cave fun to read otherwise?
Here are the screenshots with my fight with Remilia btw
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-115.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-117.png
(crit KO on Sakuya)
AND THEN THIS MONSTER CAME OUT
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-118.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-119.png

Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-120.png
Touhoumon-Another-World-v1-51-121.png

THIS IS CHEATING REMILIA. JUST BECAUSE THESE AREN'T THE SPELLCARD RULES DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN GIVE YOUR MINI-ME A POWERFUL MOVE SO EARLY. YOU DINK.

So the Prismriver Sisters are actually some of my favorite Touhous. But in this hack they are HUGE JERKS. You'll see.

Last edited:

Neosonic97

The Fastest Thing Alive
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Capable of casually moving faster than the speed of sound. His top speed is unknown, though some theorise it to be faster than light itself.
THIS IS CHEATING REMILIA. JUST BECAUSE THESE AREN'T THE SPELLCARD RULES DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN GIVE YOUR MINI-ME A POWERFUL MOVE SO EARLY. YOU DINK.

All I'm gonna say is 'the worst is yet to come'. If you think Remilia is cheating, just wait until you fight Reimu...

To put it simply, to return to Kanto (because yes, it is possible and mandatory), you have to defeat Reimu. The problem is... while most of her team is generally on par with the curve, she's got one particular puppet that is a massive, MASSIVE problem. She has a Boneka called ZReimu, short for Zero Reimu.

Here are ZReimu's stats and typing:

???-type
Levitate for the ability.
220 HP, 150 Atk, 150 Def, 170 SpA, 150 SpD, 150 Spe. For reference, that's a Base Stat Total of 990.

Yep, about a quarter of the way through the game it throws this AG-tier monster at you- this thing is so overpowered it makes Mega Rayquaza green (well, greener, as Rayquaza is already green) with envy- its BST is 200 points higher than Mega Rayquaza. About the only saving grace is that it can never have STAB ever, but with base stats like those, it doesn't need STAB to demolish you.

While there are other Zero Boneka in the game, they're typically used to make up for the fact that the game cannot use EV-trained teams against you. This example is one of two problematic ones, though, because your puppets aren't even fully evolved yet, and the rest are reserved for the lategame to post-game. The other problematic one is Zero Sanae (used by Sanae herself in the post-game), though that's less because it's out of place and more because ZSanae is a Pure Flying-type with Wonder Guard, which says everything wrong about ZSanae.

Last edited:

DistortionLocke

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Anxious, sweet-toothed writer who hides amongst the papers. Only attacks when provoked.
I can’t imagine going through a creepy-ass abandoned mansion, then getting ambushed by a band 😂

Sterling-Starlight

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
So I am back! Not with an update, unfortunately.
So I'm watching my sister's dogs for her, right? And they're big, BIG dogs. I had my desktop at the table, but something spooked one of the dogs while she was laying next to me, her foot caught on the power cable and ripped it out. Normally not a problem, except this time the port, like, cracked. Basically I won't have access to my save/screenshots until I get home and can have geek squad fix it. I have a backlog on the photo website I use, fortunately.
But yeah. That happened.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread