• The Writer's Locke has returned for its second season! Catch its first episode here, replete with wider distribution, newer storylockes to listen to, and a discussion on the subject of reboots!
  • Drumroll please... The results for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza are up! Congrats to all our participants and our winners this year for the 10th anniversary! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

How Are You Feeling Today?

Thread Description
Good? Not so good? We want to know about it!

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost tries to be studious and businesslike, but will squee or keysmash easily. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
@DuchessTaco you have my sympathies over work and also your migraine D: and @samiralalami I'm genuinely sorry for your loss, I hope the burial brings with it a sense of peace.

On my part, I'm exhausted from uni and Horrible UK News as everything is very draining, but I'm going to be calling and catching up with my sister this evening and being able to call my sis feels like giving her a hug over the phone xD I care she and am super proud of her, she is really enjoying uni which is amazing. Also it's the end of term at the end of this week and my final essay is so nearly done, so I'm so so looking forward to finally getting a break

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Stressed about a lot of things. My mom quit her job about a month ago, so now I'm the only one bringing in money. I know rationally we'll be fine since I have money saved up, but it's still not a good feeling.
That on top of other stress (work, corona, etc.) just feels really shitty. But at least I'm not in the super apathetic "don't give a fuck anymore" mood I was in a few days ago (should clarify I wasn't "DGAF suicidal", it was "DGAF apathy").

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost tries to be studious and businesslike, but will squee or keysmash easily. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
honestly really exhausted and stressed. studying, working on my virtual internship has not been a good idea today and i want to rest, it's christmas anyway

literally i want to rest and enjoy christmas as much as i can as is and not feel guilty about not studying, my work rate has slowed anyway because so tired. i can barely think to research internship facts (it being in a field i realise i don't like is... not helping) and the news lately in my country has been one crushing and stressful blow after another

so now i am getting a walk in and then our family has stuff planned this evening and i don't want to work for the next couple of days after at least, i'm going to spend time with my family and give my sis hugs

THKS

The Trainer behind Franklin.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
Despite the virus putting a damper over the Christmas holidays at least from where I live, me and my family had a decent Christmas, all things considered. I was able to see my youngest brother for Christmas Day - even though he recently moved out - and my old younger brother's girlfriend on Boxing Day. We ended up having a good time catching up and having meals.

Admittedly, I ended up writing a moving letter to my mother for Christmas, who was quite literally my sunshine in an almost dark year. She helped me realise how grateful I was for my job being intact despite the recent procedures and measures taken, and she was there when I needed some reassurance and even a hug from her. She helped me get through this year, and I am thankful for her because of that.

So while I'm only able to give walks for the family dog right now, I'm in higher spirits now than I was at the beginning.

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
On one hand, feeling better-things at work have improved somewhat lately, we have a new heater/AC in my house, and my mom should be starting a new job soon, so things should be looking up. Plus our family had a really nice Christmas in spite of everything.

On the other hand, worried because my sister tested positive for Covid the other day. So far she's all right, but...

More than anything, I'm just glad to have survived this mess of a year and hoping next year is better.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 14, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Despite loving the outdoors, the Neb Pokémon has more introverted hobbies. As a result it has a socially awkward temperament.
I’ve been off my meds for several days. As a result I’m feeling rather irritable. Hopefully my refill can get in soon...

THKS

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Being honest, I didn't quite have the best finish to this week. A leech got onto my leg yesterday after I finished work, and I didn't even realise that it was there until it was time to head home. It ended up leading to a nightmare, to the point that I had to wake up and see if my right hand was alright, which it was.

Today was a little better. I walked Ghost, and cooked some dinner on the barbecue.

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
I'm... not good, 2021 is not looking great for me so far. I am lucky that the university let me come back to them instead of trying to study at home (which would have proven... yeah really bad for complicated reasons) but the only graduate scheme (basically a job you can go into after you graduate) that hadn't rejected me not only did so, but went back on their word and said they won't give me feedback even though they initially said that they would. This was after they expected ~3 hours of previous tests (which required hours of practice) and hours of preparation/policy research for a nearly 5 hour assessment centre that included a big interview and policy discussion. I spent days in total trying to practice, research and prepare for all their assessments as practically required by this company, and I poured my heart into all of it. But a company - which prided itself on integrity - keeping their word and writing a few sentences of feedback for me was not something they were prepared to do.

I know that me complaining about this might seem like whining so I should say that it's not the rejection I mind as much - of course this was a v competitive process (1000s applied, I got to the final 190, they took 25 for the only starting point I could make) and I'm happy for the other candidates who deserved their acceptance. I'm not an entitled person who thinks they deserve the best job in the world just like that - I am trying to learn and build up my skills where I can in the hope of being considered for something one day. But I just don't have the high-level connections that a lot of other (often wealthier) people at my uni do, despite my efforts on LinkedIn, so I would have really valued that feedback so that I could learn how to improve in some way the next time I put so so many hours in. I've also had a company call me for a telephone interview with zero notice/scheduling and then not even bother to send me a rejection email, a company switch platforms for interview from phone to Zoom and only notifying me three minutes before interview so I ended up coming in late, and then still giving no feedback despite asking me some kinda harsh questions for their "do you fit the company culture" interview, companies not even acknowledging my application despite me accessing the proper channels to apply... meanwhile, I've been (and am expected to be) pouring my heart out into specific applications and customising CVs and showing my passion for companies for hours on end no matter the circumstance. I feel honestly humiliated and uncertain, and it's unfortunately been the final straw (of many) that has tipped my mental health into a not so great place again. Due to a lot of v difficult essay deadlines and now shut applications I don't have the time or energy to apply to many more companies. My university's workload is so immense despite the pandemic and my mental health is so low that it's hard to concentrate on much beyond my degree, and the only guarantee I have is that a friend will very kindly let me stay with her and her housemates after I graduate so that I don't have to go back to my parents after uni (which I am very grateful for, but am still uncertain as to what kind of job I could get that would let me pay enough rent for it in the long term). The pandemic has stripped away so many jobs and I am scared of wealthy people in and out of the uni looking down on me because I can't get a fancy graduate job, or afford to go into academia or postgraduate education, and I also want to make enough to live without draining my savings from the uni's bursary/loan entirely.

Sorry this is all a lot, I'm just... I don't know. I have this personal quirk where I am very bad at comprehending why people won't keep their word at times. I also really like plans, routine, structure, some kind of map so I know where I'm going next (this trait is one I've had to massively suppress in company interviews and tests b/c companies reject people outright for things like this, they want infinitely sociable and changeable candidates and will take anything else as a sign of a failure to adapt/an inadequate personality for them). So not having some structure and potentially having to rely on my friend for shelter after uni - after having seen so many former friends turn manipulative or horrible after points, even though my kind friend is not a bad person at all - makes my social anxiety and general anxiety spike a lot. I honestly feel so useless at everything apart from my uni work, which is somehow going well. And I worry that even talking about all this will make me sound entitled - I know companies are very busy and I'm not expecting immediate acceptance or paragraphs of feedback. I just... wish this one company would have kept their word and thought to help me out when they said they would. I don't want to be self-pitying, I just feel very worthless/expendable after months of going through so much for so little.

Last edited:

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
one of my best friends recently emigrated most of the way across the world to be with her partner; just today another confessed she is eyeing an interstate move for similar reasons.

whenst the hell will they learn to just import their menfolk smdh

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Actually better then I have been! Therapy has gone well, I'm finally understanding the reading for an essay and I've been trying to take more breaks. To my surprise, even though the company I applied for said upon rejection that they wouldn't give me feedback, they actually did email me out of the blue today with really helpful feedback that I genuinely appreciate. I'm mad at myself b/c it turns out that I messed up 1/3 of their assessment centre tasks (it was the final task, I'd been exhausted and ik it could've gone better - didn't realise I'd been that bad though sjfhsk) even though I did the other 2 very well. But I'm really really grateful that I can finally look at some feedback and learn from it and target key skills for improvement. I really appreciate that one company has finally given me some helpful advice.

...Also, they said that over 8000 people applied and I got through enough stages that I had made it to the final 190, so I'm trying to be proud of myself for that even though I did ultimately mess up sakdjsajh I have no idea if I'll secure a proper job before I graduate or not, and my therapist has suggested I take a break from the applications process because I've been very overwhelmed and have at least 5 study deadlines this month - so I'm following her advice. But I'm trying to not be hard on myself over anything, and to look at all I have to do in front of me without judgement.

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
I'm happy because yesterday was my mom's birthday, and it was a big one (60). But I'm also worried because someone in my other sister's house tested positive for COVID the other day.

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Worried-not only do we not have any water, the entire city has no water thanks to the storm. We're really fortunate that we've only sporadically lost power, but we don't know how long it'll be before the water's back or if we'll lose power again (and if so, for how long), and I'm pretty sure we have a busted pipe as well.
I know we're really lucky compared to a lot of other people though.

THKS

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
I have been sitting on this for a while, but I have the feeling that I may have burned a bridge with someone on this site, and it's been eating me up inside.

The main reason why is because I've trash talked a Pokemon that he respects too harshly. Almost a month in, and I've regretted driving the Buizel off because of my petty grudge that dated back to a Fire Red Omega Nuzlocke. For the record, while I wasn't happy when I got a Dunsparce in Diglett's Cave, I never actually said that I hated getting a Dunsparce in general, outright. If I could rewind time... I'd still be annoyed that I caught a Dunsparce in Diglett's Cave back then, but I would've thought twice and considered giving the unreasonably long snake a chance.

@0 Anonymous, if you're reading this post, I want to say that I'm sorry for everything bad I've said about Milhous, and if a Dunsparce comes around in a Nuzlocke that I attempt in the future, then I will give the snake a try, regardless of where I've found it.

Last edited:

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Cautiously hopeful that the pipes at my house may get repaired soon for a whole lot less than originally estimated. Will probably still be a big chunk of money, but hopefully it won't be as much since we explored a different company.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)