• Ten years and still kicking! Nominations are here for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

How Are You Feeling Today?

Thread Description
Good? Not so good? We want to know about it!

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Sleepy af since my schedule the past week has not been conducive towards sleeping decently at all...

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
feeling kinda unwelcome in my own skin and bones, usually this’d be a “thanks 2020” but it’s more like “thanks, last decade”. I don’t know how to be, and it feels like I need to apologise for the waste of resources that is like, existence, so I guess I should just post about it on a public thread in a forum dedicated to a fanmade ruleset for a children’s video game. Sorry

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
@csidvuL I'm sure there are people in your life who don't feel this way at all about you, and are happy you exist in their lives and appreciate you. And though we don't really know each other, if you ever just want to talk to someone feel free to send me a message.

I'm feeling mostly ok, been an extremely eventful and busy year for me personally and I'm still processing it all, lots of really happy events (the birth of my wonderful daughter being the main one) but also my life feels a bit over eventful at time and very stressed with work and such, with not enough time for "myself" or just to relax and ponder about life, or even read a good book. I also often feel like life is leading me instead of the other way, but I'm doing my best to be the captain of this ship and stir it towards where I feel I should go. But hi, at least we have the holidays here coming soon which will finally mean more time to myself and my family, which is always a blessing (though this year they kind of suck as many of them fell on the weekend, weird Jewish Calendar).

Thirteenth

eternally crying over the botw trilogy
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
Wondering not for the first time and certainly not for the last if I have genuine attention/focus issues or if I'm just lazy/sleep deprived/lacking in work ethic u_u

though today, it's probably more sleep deprivation than anything else

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
Sleepy af since my schedule the past week has not been conducive towards sleeping decently at all...
Wondering not for the first time and certainly not for the last if I have genuine attention/focus issues or if I'm just lazy/sleep deprived/lacking in work ethic u_u

though today, it's probably more sleep deprivation than anything else
Can I just say that I completely understand both of these? School is rough and my sleep schedule has the toughness of a gummy worm.

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
Relaxed! I spent my entire week writing, and before I go back to the grind, I'm gonna take a break and play viddy gaems :)

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost tries to be studious and businesslike, but will squee or keysmash easily. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
honestly a mix

on the one hand, i've achieved a lot in a very busy week - handed in my dissertation proposal and bibliography which was the product of months of research. and in what i thought were my "days off" were very hard at work after a graduate scheme employer let me know very very last-minute that one of their deadlines was now in a few days instead of over a month's time. so i've just applied for my first graduate scheme!

but now i'm honestly exhausted and want to sleeeeeeep and i feel like i need to take a break right now or i'll burn myself out before i even go back to uni

Last edited:

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Nervous because it's Election Day and I have no idea what's going to happen or what I want to happen :ohdear:

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Incredibly pissed off. One of my dogs has a bit of a destructive streak for unknown reasons (It's not separation anxiety because I'm usually in the same room, just on my bed while she goes under it.)

Well, this morning as I'm dozing before my alarm went off, I heard her bring something under there. My freaking glasses. Unless I can get in to an eye doctor who can get me glasses by tomorrow, I'm SOL until I can which might mean missing work because I literally cannot see a foot in front of my face before it gets blurry.

Last edited:

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Pretty good! I've been trying to lose weight ever since the beginning of May after I put on the 'Covid 19', as my doctor referred to it. As of today, I have lost 36.2 pounds, which means I am less than 10 pounds away from my goal weight! I'm feeling a lot healthier and better about myself so just looking at how far I've come makes me feel really happy!

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost tries to be studious and businesslike, but will squee or keysmash easily. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
Okay this is gonna be long haha I'm sorry zfjdhsgfjksg

Honestly it's a mix. University is stressful and I have to take longer breaks and do a little less study to avoid exhaustion. This is not just me - everyone feels the stress due to the non-stop workloads here and the expectations of high grades, and it's to the point where people with mental illnesses (as I have) across the uni struggle more and get lower grades on average than those who do not have them - and calls for the uni to change in some areas have mostly been ignored.

Uni societies here are also intense - a student-led coding project (which was advertised as for beginners) required an application form and short video interview to get in, and then to complete hours of programming tutorials in a week prior to the project (it was meant to be 2 weeks before, but the project leads added me to the project late so I had less time to learn). Last week, we were set parts of the project in teams with no explanation as to how to do them as the project lead said that irl software developers don't get taught tutorials either. That would be fine, except that the tutorial I found online and coding that I did turned out to not follow the method the project lead thinks is the most optimal. I had no idea about this, and now need to recode everything on short notice. Add in hours of crashing installations and this project has made my week a lot more stressful than I intended it to be. Of course I don't think this is the project lead being mean, and to experienced programmers things are easy, but I wish the leads would take into consideration the workload the rest of us have to deal with (I've been doing this on top of 2 imminent essay deadlines), and give us more advice if they want very specific code and nothing else. And this is one of the more relaxed uni societies that I've seen haha ;p

On the other hand... I am still thankful to be where I am. Sure, I'm doing a non-Science or Maths degree which is far from optimal for getting a job in this climate, but my uni has societies which let me get this hands-on project experience outside of coding courses, which should be good as part of job applications (though for tech jobs which don't require CS/Maths degrees haha...) My supervisors are really nice this year and one of them (my dissertation supervisor) I'd previously met years ago when I went to a summer school for school students from areas with low progression to universities. Back then, I never thought I could get into the uni I'm currently in (for example, the interviews to get in are notoriously difficult D:), but I've made it and stuck it out until my final year. Like I get to go somewhere that's not my home, move away from my family, study things like my dissertation topic which I care about and really push myself, and I'm really grateful for all of that. There's also a creative writing club which is the most chill society I've ever seen at the uni - it's full of nice and non-demanding people and really helps me to unwind. Legitimately there's a lot - a lot - that I dislike about my uni as an institution and for systemic reasons, and it's been really hard on me at many points. But some of the individuals I've met here have been consistently lovely and kind, which helps a lot.

Last edited:

THKS

The Trainer behind Franklin.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
A series of things happened to me over the few weeks I had.
The first involved my brother moving out to an apartment with his girlfriend, and I was hesitant in his room turning into a new area for me because he lived there for almost 10 years. After seeing him in his apartment room, I felt a little more assured that things would be alright for both me and my brother, since he feels just about at home in his new place.

But a few weeks later... well, something bad happened at work. My brother saw his boss on the floor, who croaked. My dad had to do damage control at the Post Office my brother worked at, and it seems like he's still recovering from what transpired. I remember that he visited at least twice, and I did my best to console him, ad I even gave my brother a hug.

And then came Friday. I didn't know this at the time as I was working, but when I got home, I learned a member who I was at one point associated with and most likely went to school with... had died as well. I've heard the following week that he was in pain due to the constant headaches he had, and a funeral was held for him. I never knew him personally, but I was concerned for his family, and I was hoping that they were doing okay. In fact, it was one of my main thoughts throughout that week.
Fortunately, I'm in higher spirits as of this week, and my mind is more focused on what I need to do. My job in bush regeneration is intact despite the virus, I've been giving walks with Ghost more often than I used to and I've started going back to the gym and watching movies in the cinema again.

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
A series of things happened to me over the few weeks I had.
The first involved my brother moving out to an apartment with his girlfriend, and I was hesitant in his room turning into a new area for me because he lived there for almost 10 years. After seeing him in his apartment room, I felt a little more assured that things would be alright for both me and my brother, since he feels just about at home in his new place.

But a few weeks later... well, something bad happened at work. My brother saw his boss on the floor, who croaked. My dad had to do damage control at the Post Office my brother worked at, and it seems like he's still recovering from what transpired. I remember that he visited at least twice, and I did my best to console him, ad I even gave my brother a hug.

And then came Friday. I didn't know this at the time as I was working, but when I got home, I learned a member who I was at one point associated with and most likely went to school with... had died as well. I've heard the following week that he was in pain due to the constant headaches he had, and a funeral was held for him. I never knew him personally, but I was concerned for his family, and I was hoping that they were doing okay. In fact, it was one of my main thoughts throughout that week.
Fortunately, I'm in higher spirits as of this week, and my mind is more focused on what I need to do. My job in bush regeneration is intact despite the virus, I've been giving walks with Ghost more often than I used to and I've started going back to the gym and watching movies in the cinema again.
were you guys affected by the squall the other night? i know a local place in Newcastle had to close for at least a day just to clear the worst of the storm damage, and it was all hands on deck for their bush regen program

THKS

The Trainer behind Franklin.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
were you guys affected by the squall the other night? i know a local place in Newcastle had to close for at least a day just to clear the worst of the storm damage, and it was all hands on deck for their bush regen program
My bush regeneration team largely works at Brookvale and Chatswood while my house is nearby a sea breeze, so I don't think my team were affected by the storm. I'm sorry to here about what happened at Newcastle, though.

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
That's cool! I didn't really know there was much bushland around Chatswood, but to be fair the only serious amount of time I've spent there was in an airbnb near the train station, so...

Henrily

Mate what the heckin' bullshit
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 1, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
"He" is fine
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
Your daily (not really) dose of dampening dallies.
So I came out to the boys in the school trip and they were all really accepting of me and I'm just so happy that I have such great friends like that

DuchessTaco

Certified Ophthalmic Assistant
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 24, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ghost
Super fried, have been exhausted from the Migraine Hangover since this morning.

DuchessTaco

Certified Ophthalmic Assistant
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 24, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ghost
Emotionally burnt out. Had a tragic case in my chair at the end of my work day combined with massive amounts of being pulled in many directions at work.

So compensating with being extra comfy with my Spheal kigu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)