• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The promotional period for the 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed. Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

How Are You Feeling Today?

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
Good? Not so good? We want to know about it!

THKS

The Trainer Behind Franklin.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
I saw my uncle, his husband and their dog again after a couple years since their wedding, and it was good to see them again and catch up for a few days, especially with Leia. The last time I saw her prior was back when she was the ringbearer for the couple two years ago. The one thing I didn't expect, however, was the fact that they arrived in an RV, which was the one thing I wasn't told. Nonetheless, it was nice to catch up with them, and even have a family dinner together.

I also paid a visit to Nan and Pop earlier that day, and brought Ghost along with me. Despite Pop being busy dismantling the shed with my cousin at the time, it was a good visit, and Ghost had some fun with Charlie, too. Because of those visits, I've been feeling good recently.

Sakurah

"izzat the dinner bell, dinner bellin'?"
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/They (Any is fine tho')
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
Has an overactive imagination, this Pokemon always comes up with new headcanons and story ideas. While they start projects, they rarely finish them.
I have a night off and wanting to work on my comic, but I reaaaaaally would love a nap.

This seems to be a common occurance.

Last edited:

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Tired af-the past two days at work have kicked my ass. Although it hasn't been as bad as it was a few weeks ago.

Memesy

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 8, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
I'm starting radiation therapy on monday, so my stories will be on pause. Sorry about that. I haven't been able to really focus on anything these past few days but I will try to write during the treatment.

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
This is basically my mood after aggravating days at work like today:

(watch until 3:24)

Last edited:

THKS

The Trainer Behind Franklin.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
To explain, my dad went to the hospital just for a routine check-up over two weeks ago. However, he was told that he needed to undergo a triple bypass, which has admittedly left me as a nervous wreck for a couple of weeks while waiting for my dad's operation to go underway, which didn't help when it was pushed back a week. Admittedly, the news might've played a part in me catching a cold during the first week, which made me have no choice but to put off the match-up against 11wildy in Pokemon Showdown for a few days to recover. I was able to pull through and deliver a serviceable performance against the Pichu, but I still had to face the looming day where he had to have the operation.

For a time, my dad going to hospital did compromise things, as I needed to rely on a relative to remember lines for a script in the drama/acting class and feed the family dog. Fortunately, working, talking about the situation with a select few (grandparents, aunts, cousin, supervisors) and trying to spend time with my dad did help alleviate my worries for a time. I even had to set a brief hiatus in the Nuzlocke World Cup for my Round 2 attempt this week, because I didn't want to be overwhelmed with what was going on while I was Nuzlocking.

But when my dad received the call yesterday to come in early Friday morning, I couldn't hide my nerves, as when I was saying my goodbyes I was a crying, hugging mess, and I'll never forget what my dad told me before he went to bed: "Be strong". I've been doing my best over the recent weeks, but I was trying my best not to think about life after dad, since I didn't want to lose him yet. Regardless, today was a working day, and I ended up going in. It wasn't a perfect day for me (and that includes the on and off rainy day), since I made a handful of mistakes. But when my team finished up at the site for the day, I received the news I was hoping for:

"The operation was a success".

While it turned out that he underwent a quadruple bypass, and that he felt like he's been hit by a truck, he ended up - after a few hours - talking again over the phone. From that point on, it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off not just my shoulders, but the whole family as well. It feels like my family's world is slowly starting to return to normal after the latest obstacle. After the Drama/Acting class, I hope to see my dad again on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread