• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed, but you can find the user promotionals HERE and the final results HERE Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Play by Post Hot Take

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
come give us your spiciest takes

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
I'll sooner swim a pool that's straight-up yellow than swim in the ocean.

Hot takes about NBC shows?

Honey Badger

Member Title
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
the only one i can remember is snl which doesn't interest me anymore

therefore nbc shows are forgettable and the network is washed up

hot take on orange juice, any kind (including the game)

SprungGeoduck

Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Beautiful
(stolen from a northernlion super auto pets video) orange juice you buy from the supermarket is literally just as bad for you as soda. just buy soda, it tastes nicer.

hot take on... nintendo switch

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 14, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ground
Pokédex Entry
Despite loving the outdoors, the Neb Pokémon has more introverted hobbies. As a result it has a socially awkward temperament.
The Switch’s form factor and poor battery life make it terrible as a handheld. I’d much rather take my 3DS on the go. That being said the Switch is a decent, if underpowered home console.

How about a hot take on the Pokémon Ranger spin offs?

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
Male
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
They should’ve put a game on the Wii, using the remote cursor would’ve been funny. As. Shit.

Also guardian signs is good

Hot take on the Kirby games (games, not character)

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
Kirby games are just secret horror games but only at the final boss

Hot take about erasers?

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 14, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ground
Pokédex Entry
Despite loving the outdoors, the Neb Pokémon has more introverted hobbies. As a result it has a socially awkward temperament.
Those light pink erasers that just smudge everything should stop being made. They're absolutely terrible.

Since we're doing classroom supplies, how about a hot take on pencils (of any kind)?

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Pencils are superior to pens in all ways and mechanical pencils are top tier. Really don't understand why more people don't use mechanical pencils.

Hot take on mythical Pokemon?

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
Honestly, I'm ok with the "Here's a code, have a mythical" giveaways. My low attention span allows for those much better than the gen 4-esque ones.

Hot take on Peeps? (the marshmallow birds)

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
I don't remember ever having one, and as someone on an artificial sugar free diet, they look disgusting being made out of pure sugar. They also look like animals, and I just feel bad about eating very decorated food. For that same reason I've never eaten any of the chocolate bunnies I've gotten for Easter.

Hot take on glitches and/or letting the customer base be the debugging team and patching out glitches after release.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 14, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ground
Pokédex Entry
Developers shouldn’t force modders to bugfix their own games. This is especially true for older games like Skyrim. It’s amazing how they rerelease that game constantly and yet there are still tons of glitches. I’m glad fans have made Skyrim more playable, but it does show the laziness of the developers.

How about an unpopular opinion on cities?

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
I fucking hate boned fish, especially if it still has its head on. I will flat out freak out. It stems from an unpleasant experience with my dad where he held a dead fish above me on a net, but I've never liked dead fish, and I will not eat non-fillets.

Hot take on Lord of the Rings?

SprungGeoduck

Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Beautiful
way too long for its own good, i remember reading the hobbit as a kid, then trying the LOTR trilogy and just getting so bored with the glacial pacing

hot take on The Netherlands?

CrumpetsAndCheese

some dude
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 6, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
It likes to stay inside and use the internet. Sometimes it leaves its computer to use a different device, or rarely draw.
The Nether from minecraft is cooler.
Hot take on tabloids?

Users who are viewing this thread