• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Play by Post Hot Take

Thread Description
come give us your spiciest takes

AnOddEncounter

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Sun Hating Pokemon. Many AnOddEncounters have become addicted to nuzlocking and see playing pokemon normally as a sin to their culture.
Jotaro! The PS5 Price is-!
I haven't really been interested in Play Station tbh. The only Play Station games that I can remember playing are a Rayman Game, Ratchet And Clank, and Jak and Daxter(Dexter?). I still cry at night knowing I don't have a Persona Game.

Speaking of Persona. Let's get a Persona Hot Take. (Any Game)

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Persona 4 can come across as mean-spirited at times, especially in regards to scenes where the male characters are punished by the female characters for things completely outside their control and the girls never apologize for their actions.

Clothing for pets?

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Concept sounds cool but is really dumb in reality

Competitive Pokémon hot take

Honey Badger

Member Title
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
hackmons cup is the most skill based format on showdown and therefore the best

what's your hot take on the hoenn region

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
My hot take? How about I'm not the biggest fan of the ORAS postgame?

What's a hot take on...baseball?

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
it’s cool that half the time games don’t ask for tickets to get into the air-conditioned, free nachos room in the stadium. Otherwise, it’s very Eh.

Hmm, here’s a fun one! How about... Togekiss?

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
I really like it and the only reason i see it being hated is bc of serene grace + air slash flinch being annoying (its annoying if ur on the recieving end, anyways.)
Hot take on Kirby!

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 14, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Despite loving the outdoors, the Neb Pokémon has more introverted hobbies. As a result it has a socially awkward temperament.
Kirby Star Allies is the most mediocre Kirby game I’ve ever played. Aside from a few new abilities everything felt rehashed. To be honest the entire Kirby series needs a soft-reboot.

How about a hot take on Nuzlocke variants (such as wedlockes)?

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
While some are interesting, others are kinda, out there...

Hot take on Pokken Tournament?

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
The game was fun but the roster is way too... unbalanced? Only one unova Mon and out of all 150~, they chose chandelure? There’s just so many odd mon choices, the assistant who’s name I forget is annoying as hell, and overall the game is honestly kinda meh. My only experience was the free trial thing they did a while back with dx, and safe to say I doubt I’m touching the game in the future.

Hot Take on... Papaer Mario, why not?

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Paper Mario: The Origami King can reach Sticker Star levels of laziness. In terms of "upgrades", in terms of weapon variety, in terms of the story and how it wastes opportunities, and ESPECIALLY in terms of character design. Never forget that one Toad that's supposed to be really old but looks no different from literally every other Toad in the game.

Also, Intelligent Systems is being pointlessly stringent with Paper Mario guidelines and can no longer be trusted, but that's not really a hot take.

Oh look, a beehive labeled Kingdom Hearts! I'm gonna throw rocks at it!

PageEmperor

I can’t do money puns. It just won’t make cents.
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
A person who does both comics and runs and whatnot. Okay then.
My Kingdom Hearts hot take is the fact I’ve never even played a Kingdom Hearts game.

Animation hot take.

RR Sharp

Fatlocker
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Sumo of Legend, and friend to all Pokemon who just happens to be fat.
Animation, huh? Well, overall, it's been okay, but there's been certain shows (like Teen Titans Go!) that makes go... "Okay... why are you still on the air?". I mean I tried watching it for multiple epsiodes and, well.... nothing. And I know shows like are not meant for me, but still...

And, while it's *technically* on the same subject, Disney should really stop converting their classic animated movies into Live Action. It's NOT working. At all.

Oh, hey! There's a Beehive marked "Disney+"! I'm gonna poke it with a stick multiple times!

Fool

I’m too tired for this.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Don’t talk to me about BW2, ever. I don’t want to talk about it with you.
Disney+ may unironically be one of the worst services ever made. They originally had all their stuff on Netflix, but now I have to have Disney+ so I can watch Spiderman the Animated Series at my leisure. It is absolutely dreadful how much of a monopoly Disney has over the entertainment industry.

Oh, I'm sorry, you wanted a hot take. My bad.

Uh, Disney+ is the greatest service known to man, containing such amazing classics like the Simpsons which were just bought from Fox so that our corporate mouse overlord can continue to thrive in the modern age. It totally is worth the price in everyway, it's not like physical media has more intrinsic personal value or anything, definitely not. Things should remain under subscriptions forever, and we should never genuinely own any of the things we consume and they should always be digital.

Anyways I want a hot take on Hugh from Le Pogkeymens.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's fine. He's not the worst rival or the best rival, he is perfectly serviceable. Plus his team is miles ahead of Cheren/Bianca, so there's that.

Let's try one on... profile pictures!

overkill

The Flatulent
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
Cool
Pokédex Entry
A Pokemon composed primarily of shit
Pretty neutral toward them

Give me a hot take on cryptocurrency

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)