• The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • Check out the Nuzlocke Forums Fundraiser 2022 to see how you can help support the forums, earn new badges, and more! Goal: $1201/$1500
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Written Story Kalos Mature Gijinka Hope Is Never Lost - A Gijinka Wedlocke of Pokemon X

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
A group of rebels and dissenters form the fight the queen that has been in power for too long. Updated November 19 Chapter 6 - Capital Light

Vivace

Designated Meganium Defender
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pronouns
He/Him / They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
The Lad Pokemon, Vivace's main powers are photoshop and chatting shit. Manages the unofficial nuzlocke football team.
That is such a creative storytelling use of Safeguard oml

I already want a reference pic for Meowstic Augustine! He's so likeable already 💖

*diantha cuts off your arms*
“cease your complaining, if you were truly strong they’d grow back”

Absolutely love the ‘o shit’ moment when they realise they just handed the Quilladin every advantage

Still, that was a great endurance battle with the Quilladin. Dart and co. deserve a rest and a half!

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates them more than companionship is food.
Heck yeah! Another HiNL chapter!
The snippet with Sycamore and Diantha… the new characters… the Skrelp line is one I’ve always been curious/wanted to use in XY but that would require me emulating a copy of Y, so I’m interested in how Klepsy/Kelp (Klepsy is such a cute nickname from Azure tbh) does throughout the run. And also hyped about Azure, I’m sure if she survives to Dragonite she’ll go beast mode on late game XY
Dart jumped past another vine that sprang from the ground. He really needed to work on this whole getting chased by soldiers thing.
I missed Dart’s snark. He’s a fantastic protagonist.
One of the sharpened leaves would’ve sunk into Dart’s arm if it wasn’t for his bracers.
haha, this brings me back to designing Dart’s reference sheet :D that was really fun
Azure always loved strolling through especially during the night. It was one of the few ways to avoid being stared at because she was a Dratini.
Oooooh, I wonder why her being a Dratini attracts so much attention — is it because she’s a dragon type or is it because Dratini aren’t typically found in Kalos?
Kelpsy’s eyes narrowed to slits, “A bit of a fight?”

Azure smacked Kelpsy’s leg with her tail. The Skrelp eyes shifted to her and Azure shook her head slightly before turning back to the group.
As with all of the other pairings in this run, I love their dynamic
“Diantha,” Sycamore replied, bowing.

“I trust your research is going well?”

“It’s going, alright.”
can’t believe sycamore has the guts to snark at Evil Queen Diantha. Also the plot bits about giving magic to unattuned pokemon got me 👀👀👀

Wypes or Dice

I dunno what I'm writing,but I like it.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 20, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He or His.
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
Usually pretty lazy.It takes a lot of energy for even standing up from bed.Somehow,with a lot of energy to actually write something here.
I gotta say it, man. You know how to write some good fight scenes. I really enjoyed the last three chapters.

I also love how they are almost like a D&D party tbh, like Koru is the literal definition of a rogue and maybe Volt is a mage or whatever, I just found that to relate in a pretty funny way. Look forward to more chapters :)

Leon Yorunaki

I'll Spirit Shackle you!
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
I don't know why I didn't come here earlier. I mean, between procrastination and different works it's no wonder I've been delaying things, but this was a bit too much.
Anyways... you hooked my mind back with the first line, with such a clever use of Safeguard. And you hooked my heart back right after, because I'm already shipping him and Sahara.
And then Diantha comes and... well, now I have a clue on why Sycamore is using all his Safeguard PP... I won't discuss that part, period.

Then the battle continues -- a lovely battle, I might add, but it was this line who killed me
“Dart please tell me you didn’t have us run to a hedge maze when we’re being chased by a Quilladin,” Phoenix said exasperatedly.
Now playing: It_was_at_this_moment_that_he_knew_he_fucked_up.mp3

Luckily to them it all went well with a small dose of strategy and a lot of luck.

But, as always, you saved the best for the last, with yet another snarky couple. And still, you made them unique as well. Those are lovely encounters and a fresh way to keep your run unique with those mystery eggs. 💓

Last edited:

Uberle

Legends done, back to writing
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
Pokédex Entry
Stays in the distortion dimension where no one bothers him
ynEy690UCnF3-bU9-ZWpMJeFuuWNe88EPf_55SnmLuhR-rHB-msk2sXFgOhjp0steLO1p9upYyRS0d2D0Qf5EycpyW0Qthcmdr_LZbLzP7GE4bKFDdLDHpnZWkM31CUf2y0IIHg_EA7eXJABaWP8EDPpxgOKw6_guuAAqNBRktNjMssdHqRe62MhBw

Not that many chapters so will comment as I read along

Solid intro to Dart and Phoenix and their dynamic
Love “Your wings glow you know”

> Fennekin pulled her knees under him and hit him in the stomach
Love it when in fight using magic someone instead just throws hands

My that’s quite an ending to our first chapter
But an effective way to get the ball rolling

Breaks out marshmallows

I like having the guards as a way to include all the route trainers that are normally skipped over in stories

> "I am not! I can function perfectly fine in the sun!" Koru huffed, "I just chose not to."
me
I very much like these two especially Koru

I like that the endings of the chapters cut over to what the guards are up to
Nice to see what they’re up to off screen and also add foreboding for the future chapters

> “But if you ever do need to do any thievery, I’d be happy to help!”
Have I mentioned I like Koru?

> non-attuned Pokemon
Been meaning to mention this, but I like the reworking of types as a kind of magic
Guessing Normal is “non-attuned”
Wonder what the reaction to a Hyper Beam would be

Also like that it seems different types have different deities or something like that
Koru mentions Arceus and Volt refers to Raikou in a similar way

These are some terrifying bugs
Quickly, someone use the Ancient Art of Throwing Rocks

> continued to harass them with his magic
I feel “harass” is a bit light when said magic includes hurricanes

I like that this is taking place at the same time as the Butterfree fight so the chaos from that battle pops up
Gives a good sense that this is a full on battle and not people taking turns

Dear god, the bugs have learned the Ancient Arts themselves!

Koru really not having a fun time with type disadvantage, but nice to see her pull through

Good on Phoenix for winning the 1v1
Beedrill was terrifying
And now let the boss music begin!

This is the most frightening I think I’ve ever seen Viola be
Love that she’s clearly very powerful and the only reason that she didn’t immediately win was because she was facing four people and also didn’t seem to be taking them that seriously for a while

Well
Diantha seems lovely

> “You will be charged for your crimes and may avoid imprisonment if you cooperate.”
I wonder how sincere he is about this
Because Calem seems just as tired with this as anyone else, doing this more as a job than actual devotion to anything
Feels weird that he’d actually pause to give this option out if there’s no intention of following through with it especially given that he literally had everyone surrounded

New almost team members
I enjoyed their quick bit of conversation, looking forward to them interacting more with everyone else.

OP
MegaInfernape

MegaInfernape

Wisher for the Return of Megas
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 13, 2022
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fire
Pokédex Entry
Has a very erractic mind. It is not uncommon for it to be seen moving from one activity or project to another.
Guess whose back? Back again?
@bhelryss yknow what yeah this is basically tms. didn't even think about it when i wrote the scene
@Vivace that is basically Diantha yeah. she do just be that evil
@pinkshellos reason why Azure being a dratini draws attention is just straight up how rare they are in Kalos. (no joke dratini is only available as a 5% encounter on the final route of the game)
@Wypes or Dice classic dnd party where everybody is a rouge/mage multiclass. though Volt is closer to a ranger than anything else
@Leon Yorunaki procrastination comes to us all ngl. Azure and Kelp are siblings but peak snark interactions do indeed come from being related what else can i say?
@Uberle lot of things so i'll just address a couple. hyper beam does exist but its a side effect of gaining magic. would still confuse the hell out of everybody though. Calem is sincere about letting them surrender. When they get brought to Diantha tho...

Phoenix and Koru stood on the roof of the clinic they’re staying at. Lapis - Azure’s mother and a very nice Dragonair - had allowed them to stay as long as they’d like. Which Phoenix was going to take full advantage of; new city meant many new opportunities for something good to snatch. Especially in the capital city.

“So, how exactly do you guys go about this anyways?” Koru asked.

“Well, usually I scout and look for someone while Dart grabs anything he can,” Phoenix said, “But that’s usually because we knew Vaniville well enough. Here though…”

Koru nodded, “Yeah, that makes sense. But- Hey! Look down there!”

Phoenix looks down to see an Eevee crossing the street a bit away from them, a pouch around her waist. Call her crazy but Phoenix would swear she saw something blue glow in that bag. The two thieves shared a grin. They had a target.

“Follow her,” Phoenix whispered as she summoned her wings.

Phoenix managed to leap across the buildings with some help of flight. Koru, because of course, just jumped over perfectly fine. If Koru ended up stumbling a bit off balance just as she landed, Phoenix had nothing to do with it.

Soon the Eevee turned down the alleyway right under the thieves. Koru turned invisible and dropped down into the alley. The Eevee’s pouch seemed to float away from her before Koru - now with the appearance of a Liepard - sped out the alley.

Phoenix took the air and dove down into the next alley that Koru turned into. The disguised Zorua threw the pouch to Phoenix with a grin and turned invisible again. Phoenix lifted off again and flew towards Lapis’ clinic.

Phoenix slid in through the door and a few seconds later Koru followed in later as a Zorua.

“Okay, let’s see what we got!” Koru said with a smile.

Phoenix laughed, “Yeah, yeah. Keep your tail on.”
The Fletchling opens the bag and pauses. In the bag were three evolution stones. A Water Stone, a Fire Stone and the last one was-

“Hey Volt, look what we got!” Koru yelled as the pair walked into their room.

Volt looked up with an eyebrow raised as Koru threw a green and yellow stone in his direction. Volt catches the stone and looks back up.

“Where the fuck did you guys get a Thunderstone?”

Phoenix raised an eyebrow and Koru laughed.

Volt groaned, “Why am I not surprised?”

Dart sat up from the small couch - guessing moving doesn’t hurt as much now - with a grin, “So how did it go?”

“Well considering we never got caught I’d say it went pretty well. Especially compared to some people,” Phoenix said smugly.

Dart narrowed his eyes. A second later a ball of water dropped on Phoenix’s head. Yeah she deserved that.

A moment later Azure poked her head in.

“Hey! Food’s ready! Phoenix, what happened?”

Phoenix turned to Dart who was currently lounging with a smug grin.

“Blame the Pokemon with water magic,” she grumbled.

“I have no clue what you’re talking about, Phoenix.”

“Hey, Azure. Do you guys have Tomato powder somewhere?”

“Phoenix! Don’t you dare-”

“This is a horrible idea,” Calem muttered, “We’re literally about to lie to the Queen.”

“Well technically, you’re telling the truth. Just leaving out minor details.” Eclipsed said.

“That’s called lying by omission, Eclipse.” Mystic whispered.

The commander and his knights stepped into Diantha’s throne room, which was as extravagant as always. The focal part of the throne room, aside from the throne itself, was the massive stained glass circle in the centre of the room that was somehow fully solid and really damn hard to break. In the middle of the rainbow coloured circle was a symbol that was very similar to Dianta’s Key Stone.

Speaking of the Queen, Diantha stood as Calem entered.

“Good, you have arrived,” she said calmly, “Viola will join us shortly.”

Right. Calem will never understand how exactly Viola managed to receive such severe injuries after fighting a group of thieves and losing the members of her squad in the same fight.

A few moments later, the Vivillon walked into the room. The burns and cuts were a bit faded compared to last night but still plenty visible.

“Now that you are all here,” Diantha began, “Would one of you like to explain to me why exactly you failed to apprehend the criminals.”

Calem coughed, “Well Your Highness, myself and General Viola had agreed upon a time of attack once we had learned where the criminals were hidden.”

“I’m aware of this.”

“The problem was,” Calem continued, “General Viola had attacked earlier than the agreed time.”

The Queen’s eyes flashed as she turned to Viola, “Is this true?”

Viola stepped back, “W-Well, I may have been a bit premature with the attack, but they were just thieves!”

“Yet still you were critically injured during the battle,” Diantha leaned towards Viola and her eyes glowed. “I will give you one chance. Fail me like this again and I will make you wish those thieves had killed you. Am I clear?”

Viola nodded slowly.

“Dismissed.”

Viola quickly walked out the throne room and the Queen turned back to Calem.

“The thieves are currently in Lumiose, correct?”

Calem paused, “Considering where they left Santalune from, most likely.”

“Wait until they leave then. They will not be able to stay in the capital for long. Strike the moment you find a weakness.”

“Of course, Your Highness.”

Kelp was still wary around the newcomers. They haven’t exactly done anything wrong yet, but he can’t shake the feeling that something is off. They had finished eating a few minutes ago. Apparently, Phoenix had dumped a load of Tomato powder onto Dart’s food, much to the Froakie’s pain.

The group definitely acts like he and his sister do sometimes, especially Dart and Phoenix, and obviously Kelp has no evidence but, call it bias, the last time someone had abused his trust, Kelp’s left arm ended up covered in burn scars.

Kelp was pulled from his thoughts as a broad shouldered Arcanine walked through the doors.

Kelp sighed, “For the love of Arceus, Solaire. Who got themselves hurt this time.”

Solaire sighed, “Terra, of course.”

Lapis came down the stairs at the sound of Solaire’s voice, “I told you to at least wait until she was a Krokorock before you gave her a battle axe.”

“You say that like she wouldn’t have just used it anyways.”

Kelp shook his head, “You’re almost twice her age, attunement weakness be damned.”

“I’m not that old, thank you very much!”

“You’re like 35.”

The Arcanine waved him off and turned back to Lapis, “Have anything for cuts and rock magic scrapes?”

Lapis flicked her tail over to the shelf with most of her basic medication. Solaire reached over, grabbed the few he needed and dropped the required gold on the counter before walking off with a friendly bow.

“Next time Terra has an axe in her hands, do have Psion just grab it please and thank you!” Lapis called out.

“I’ll keep that in mind!” Solaire responded and shut the door behind him.

“One of these days that Sandile is going to lose her tail, I swear.” Kelp grumbled.

“As much as I doubt Solaire would let her get that far,” Lapis began, “I would definitely see it happening.”

“Are you sure about this?”

“Yes.”

Zeke, a Zangoose that actually volunteered for the trials, sighed and he held the ice magic stone.

Augustine hoped that this might solve his problem with risking the lives of non-attuned Pokemon when the attempts to give magic fail. Taking inspiration from evolution stones, ideally these orbs of magic, or magic stones, should be absorbed at one point then dispersed throughout the user’s body once fully absorbed.

Other magic granting attempts had tried a similar idea to a Key Stone’s function - a burst of magic concentrated around the user. The inherent instability of the magic is what Augustine assumed to cause the injuries and the lack of control during the first tests.

Augustine walked to the edge of the testing room where Sahara stood to take notes and cast Light Screen. Hopefully the shield wouldn’t be needed, but one can never be too safe.

The Meowstic nodded and Zeke focused. The stone glowed and seemed to sink into the Zangoose’s palm. For a moment nothing happened. Then the temperature in the room dropped as the ground underneath Zeke’s feet froze and a blizzard began to swirl around him. Ice curled up Zeke’s arm and frostbite started to form. Ice formed in the air before disappearing almost as fast as they appeared. This wasn’t working; too much magic was still condensed into the Zangoose’s hand.

“Zeke! Release the magic above you!” Sahara yelled.

The Zangoose looked up for a moment before raising his palm above him. A ball of ice flew up before exploding into massive icicles that fell around Zeke. The blizzard calmed down and the ice started to melt. The frostbite across Zeke’s arm faded. There was a moment of silence. It had actually worked. The surge would need to be fixed but compared to before, this was a success.

“So,” Zeke asked, “does this make me ice-attuned now?”

Calem stepped out of the throne room with a sigh. He’s pretty sure that Her Highness can sense emotions when she chooses to; which only means that she never called him out on his nervousness and fear simply because she never felt like it and probably would later. If Moltres, Heatran and/or Entei could all come down and roast him alive he’d welcome it.

As if to basically answer his prayers, Arceus damned Malva was waiting for him as he, Eclipse and Mystic were heading down to their quarters. The Houndoom grinned as the trio approached, her hands behind her back.

“Well hello, gentlemen,” she began, “I would like to speak to Calem alone please.”

The Quilladin froze as Mystic quickly made his escape and Eclipse patted Calem on the shoulder.

“Should we set up a grave for you, boss?” Eclipse asked.

“Don’t bother. If she kills me, there probably won’t be anything to bury.”

Once the Espurr and Absol left Malva stood to her full height. Despite being the shortest of the Royal Guard, Malva still managed to make herself a terrifying sight to be on the wrong side of. Calem is pretty sure Malva’s eyes are normally brown but considering they’re burning red, he’s not in for a good time in the slightest.

“So, I’ve heard the thieves escaped to Lumiose.” The Houndoom stated. Calem only nodded in response.

“Now from what you’ve told Diantha and has been the running report is that the thieves escaped before you made contact with them, correct?”

“We had only known where they were going, but we had no confrontation with them.” Calem responded.

“Right. Then how exactly would you explain this little thing?” Malva pulled an arrow from behind her back. An arrow that occasionally sparked with static electricity. Calem could've sworn Mystic had pulled that out when he was being healed.

“Of course with our knowledge that the thieves have a Pikachu in their little gang and that the only targets you were pursuing at the time being said thieves would you like to tell the true story of what happened last night?”

Flecks of fire fell from Malva’s tail and horns. There was an old rumour that the pain from a Houndoom’s flames would last for eternity. Calem had no intention of finding out if that was true or not.
Team:
Dart the Froakie - Phoenix the Fletchling
Koru the Zorua - Volt the Pikachu
(Kelp the Skrelp - Azure the Dratini)

Proper full Lumiose chapter! Nothing here has anything to do with gameplay, just story stuff. Zeke is also a story original character, though we will be seeing a lot more of him later. Although Malva! First intro to one of the royal guards. Really like her scene and I can't wait to get to the other three.
Not much else to say here honestly.

Vivace

Designated Meganium Defender
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pronouns
He/Him / They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
The Lad Pokemon, Vivace's main powers are photoshop and chatting shit. Manages the unofficial nuzlocke football team.
Calem, we're pulling for you. Death by infinite angry fire sounds like an awful way to go.

Hmmmm I'm curious, does it make Zeke attuned? Or would they have to repeat this setup each time?

Congrats to Volt on the Thunderstone!! and yes I'm enjoying the irony that a Pikachu who wasn't even looking for one of these got it so easily compared to my own

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates them more than companionship is food.
Ooooo, this chapter has so much neat stuff going on! I love seeing more of Queen Diantha, you write her so well. And Malva now? She's a fascinating character in canon, and this iteration of her seems to be both cunning and dangerous. I can't wait to see more of her.
The main team is as charming as ever with Dart and Phoenix bullying the hell out of each other. Heck, if I had the time, I'd love to whip up more character designs for the cast, starting with Phoenix. Klep's POV was interesting, it makes me curious about his past...
Also, I loved seeing more of Augustine - the lore behind his magic experiments is super fascinating and seeing him make advancements in it through his research really makes the world seem alive! Speaking of magical HiNL lore, I absolutely can't wait to read the writing you did for the zine! I'm counting down the days!
All in all, this run has kept up its badassery since the very first chapter and I can't wait for more!

Users who are viewing this thread