• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Feature team invited you to check out the Hidden Gem Showcase! Give a little love to your favorite runs you think more people should know about!
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Hidden Gems Showcase Day Three: Fanwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. Poison
This is Day Three of the Hidden Gems Showcase, the event that Feature Team has been making noise about recently!

Our unofficial long weekend of love, having had its cheeky semi-planned hiatus, will continue as follows:
  • Day One: Hidden Gem Promotions
  • Day Two: Hidden Gem Self-Promotions
  • Day Three: Fanwork Sunday (you are here!)
  • Day Four: Free-for-all posting, Closing Survey
Each of the threads will be locked after their respective day and reopened on the event's final day.

Today's thread is all about fanwork! If you're not familiar with the term, fanwork covers any creative endeavour made for a piece of existing media. In our case, that media is of course nuzlocke projects! I've seen all sorts of wonderful things come from the unique interests and talents of the community -- from art and stories, to fanworks more outside the box, like chiptune themes and cross-stitch patterns!

Old or new, if you've got fanwork for a project that you consider a hidden gem -- please post it here!

To get us all started, I co-ordinated with @Krisantyne to bring her recent Christmas in July to you all! You'll be able to see the full gallery fo fanwork through that link. In the post below, we've highlight fanworks made for that Event that full under the criteria of Hidden Gems!

To refreah your memory, we use the following guidelines to define Hidden Gems for the purpose of this event:
  • Any run that received a GOLD or SILVER medal in 2019 or 2020’s Extravaganza may not take part in the Hidden Gems Showcase
  • Runs whose highest placements were either a bronze medal or honourable mention are welcome to take part!
  • We’ve prepared a list of runs that meet this criteria and will be unable to participate in the Hidden Gems Showcase, viewable here
    • This list is gold and silver medalists across all categories and mediums. There will be some redundancy there, but we felt this was the best way to communicate the list for clarity and for time!
  • ALL runs/projects that are not covered in the Extravaganza (eg. art threads, blogs, other creative projects) are welcome as part of the event!

If you pick up a new run that you love -- reach out to a member of the Feature Team and put it forward as a candidate for one of our monthly features!

Lastly, before we open the thread up, I want to take a moment to personally and publically thank Krisantyne for her contributions to the Hidden Gems Showcase. We would have a less vibrant event without her participation and behind the scenes help! 💖

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. Poison
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hidden Gems Showcase Day Three: Fanwork!

From @YumeTsuki to @SaintsGarden
For: Judgement Has Come to You
you_entered_the_wrong_neighborhood_by_yumeyukimenokotsuki_demcma5-fullview.png

From @Ardomew to @Alex_Nidas
For: The Long Way
den3h4o-d7f4d57c-c53b-4bc8-af0e-80a0e4f1b2eb.png

From
shadowFuka (Deviantart) to @Giogeth
For: Hidden Swords
rising_moon_by_shadowfuka_den7mo6-fullview.jpg

From @TheTRUEgge
to @Pcaara
For: Leftovers: A Hoenn Saga
demeebb-c75bb3b8-7023-4474-81c1-2d6758e758f8.png

From @Kit_The_Feef
to @ima
For:
Finding Balance
secret_santa_christmas_in_july_2021_by_kit_the_feef_demoemv-fullview.jpg

From @SnakeEyesDraws to @ACottontail
For: Questionable Influence
denwj1c-8dd05455-346b-430f-bbbe-7a4e2c060b6c.png

From confusedkangaroo
(Deviantart) to @satanicswirlix
For:
Sinners of Sinnoh
just_a_casual_conversation_by_confusedkangaroo_dend4r7-fullview.jpg

From PatiLee (Deviantart) to @TheTRUEgge
For: Sunlocke
denuhgq-7a14c814-5efb-40bf-a577-29b646d194c2.png

From @A-K-TheLittleFairy
to @YumeTsuki
For:
Wanted!
christmas_in_july__wanted____some_juice__by_a_kthelittlefairy_denz2jh-fullview.jpg

From @SaintsGarden to @A-K-TheLittleFairy
For: Dawn of the Absol
denztym-2514c3fc-ed03-49a3-a026-9e601c939708.png

From @satanicswirlix
to @novamallow
For: Pandemonium in Johto
deo0ply-1561abbe-2b45-4146-bf62-68ade2070710.png

From @WhimsicalWolfa
to @sprout-of-life
For: Playing With Fire
light_it_up_by_whimsicalwolfacomics_deo1yh4-fullview.jpg

From @SnackyTheSylph
to @Kit_The_Feef
For: Adventures in Naljo
secret_santa_for_kitthefeef.png

From @ACottontail
to @Sarbear
For: Atychiphobia
ZZB4Sze.png

From @Bowser's Family Vacation
to @SnackyTheSylph
For: Bright Souls
The young woman is torn between crossing her arms and shielding her face from the sun, so she compromises: holding one arm in front of her chest while pressing the side of her other hand to her forehead. “Heh,” she snorts. “Precisely what I want to do during a Saturday morning.”

A Pidgey perches on her head. This is nice shade, actually. She puts her arm down. Birdon peers down at her. “But…” he pipes up. “You’re here.”

OK, yes, true, but. “That doesn’t mean I want to be here,” the trainer asserts.

“But you gotta catch some Pokemon!” the Dunsparce hovering next to the young trainer butts in. “That’s what trainers do!”

The Croconaw shuffling up from behind them, dragging his feet, harrumphs. “Just because we got lucky with Flutter being strong doesn’t mean we’ll get lucky like that again.”

“Hey!” the Dunsparce yelps. “Do we need to get Flutter to drag your unconscious body around!?”

Amelia is unsure whether it is a threat on behalf of the Butterfree’s honor or a jab at how cranky her starter Pokemon is being, but it’s putting her plans to win this contest in jeopardy regardless. “Asmodeus-” The Dunsparce stops. “Bowser-” The Croconaw looks up. “If you can’t get along, I won’t use either of you for the contest.”

The two look at each other, then make a decision. “OK,” they utter simultaneously.

I guess I walked into that one. “Fine,” she groans. “You guys can just watch, then.”

As the quartet enters through the National Park gate, however, a portly man in a uniform with a large green Pokeball on it barges in front of them. “Hello, hello, hello!” he exclaims. “Are you here for the Bug Catching Contest bright and early on this lovely, lovely, lovely day?”

“Unfortunately,” Amelia grumbles. “And we’ll be walking, walking, walking past you now.”

But, with surprising agility, he blocks them. “If that is the case, you cannot have all your Pokemon out, no, no, no! That would frighten our dear, dear, dear bugs! The rules say a participant can only have one Pokemon out for the duration of the competition!”

Three pairs of eyes snap to Birdon. “Oh,” the Pidgey gasps. “Guess that Pokemon is me, then.”

After assuring Asmodeus and Bowser that she will give them a play-by-play of the competition later, Amelia recalls them to their Pokeballs. The man guides her to the center of a conspicuous area of tall grass—since the rest of the park’s grass seems to have been tamed to the status of lawn. “Ah,” Birdon quips. “That explains the design of the uniforms.”

“What?” Amelia asks.

“Oh, nothing.”

“No, no, no!” she yelps, mocking the man who appears to be the park’s only employee, acting as both gate guard and time-keeper of the Bug-Catching Contest itself, rattling about the spirit of “fun, fun, fun” to the group of six contestants. “What does that mean?”

“Well, you can’t fly, so I can’t show you-” Birdon sighs. “-but this tall grass area? It’s in the shape of a Pokeball.”

“Man, and I thought you were going to tell me something that I thought would help me win this thing.”

“I mean, you’re the one who pressed! And knowing that there’s two disconnected sections to look through could be use-” The Pidgey blinks when he realizes that they are the last ones standing in front of the park employee. “Gah, it’s started!”

“Birdon!” Amelia scolds. “Start looking! That’s why I picked you!”

The Pidgey lays a wing over his chest tenderly. “...You picked me on purpose?” She stares at him. Silently, he pushes the goggles on his helmet over his face. “OK, what am I looking for?” he hollers from where he has begun circling the perimeter.

“Uh…” Amelia pushes into the grass, scouring the area. She finds one of her competitors, a grubby-faced boy wearing a large sunhat, screaming, holding his leg. She steps around him. “Something big!” she shouts.

“Big!” Birdon echoes. “Got it!”

She returns the stink eye that a Caterpie is giving her, holding a String Shot in its mouth like a wad of gum. But, over its shoulder, is a flash of gold. She instinctively pursues, and as she registers the vaguely hexagonal shape of the back of its head, she gasps in recognition. It’s a Combee! They evolve into Vespiquen, which create the most delicious honey in the world!

“Birdon!” she commands. “Get ahead of me! I need your help to trap it!”

“Trap what?” the Tiny Bird Pokemon questions.

“Honey!”

The Combee seems to conflate the word from a human’s mouth with danger. It suddenly darts between a battle between another one of her competitors, a giggly girl with ruddy cheeks, and a Kakuna.

Although “battle” is a strong word to describe what a Hardening Kakuna and a Singing Jigglypuff are doing.

And, yet, a Sing is still a Sing, and Amelia’s eyelids start to drift shut….

“Hey!” A beak pecks the bridge of the snoozing trainer’s nose. “Wake up!”

The blissful rest is a cruel reminder of what she should be doing on a Saturday morning. Amelia groans.

“I got your Pokemon.”

Amelia rockets to her feet. Honey will make this all worth it! She examines the fainted Combee, but… “Oh no,” she gasps. “It’s a male.”

“A male?” Birdon repeats incredulously. “What’s wrong with being a male?”

“Hello, hello, hello!” a familiar voice calls through the tall grass. “Contestant Number Six, the catching time has elapsed! Come on up, up, up!” Amelia looks between the fainted male Combee and the awaiting judge on the other side of the ludicrously tall grass and makes a decision.

“...And Contestant Number Six has caught a Butterfree!” Flutter puffs out pridefully next to her. Birdon, for his part, keeps quiet, despite the scowl on his face. Contestant Number One caught a Caterpie—and its glare looks familiar. Contestant Number Two skinned his knee and quit. Contestant Number Three, despite singing away with her Jigglypuff, didn’t catch anything. Admittedly, Contestant Number Four’s Paras could be threatening, but at least Contestant Number Five only caught a green Kakuna.

“And the winner is…” Amelia closes her eyes. I may have not gotten a Combee, but at least the prize money will let me splurge on some Honey. “...Contestant Number Five!”

“What!?” Amelia, Flutter, and Birdon all shriek at once. An old woman with sun-worn skin dotters up to the park employee and claims her prize money, plus an expensive-looking sun-shaped stone.

I knew I should have just slept in today instead….

From blackwing2 (Deviantart) to @Ardomew
For: Earth & Water
dengbdb-2b47ec92-a63a-4030-a396-32ea62a10c6a.png

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
I might have gone just a little overboard... Flopdisc can you help tag everyone?

liRmMm0.png
Here we have an epic battle against Melon and Grape. Melon is from Kanto Black nuzlocke by @jieh_draws, a comic I mentioned in the promos(which you should really check out). Melon is the best battle bug so I wanted to draw her fighting someone. Since my first idea wasn't allowed, I decided to draw her fighting Mulan from The Fire Within by @SnowyUmbreon. While I don't think The Fire Within is hidden, it fits the rules and was the first nuzlocke I've ever read. I also drew Grape and Pear from Kanto Black and Aladar from the Fire Within in the background.

sH4chgA.png
One year at Halloween I came across this kid who would say this at every house they hit. It's stuck with me and feels like something Judgement would say while kicking down a door. Judgement and Bullet are from Judgement Has Come to You by @SaintsGarden. Another comic I promoed on day 1.

0ud4xnd.png
While I don't feel like the run is hidden, The Hippocratic Oath by @Spectacles is an absolute gem that fits the guidelines. This was the perfect opportunity to draw Bravewhisker, then I kept going and drew Spikepelt and Kestrelsight too. The is a run with really high stakes even before the first gym as Comet struggle to take care of all the pokemon he was assigned to look after at his medical clinic, it's a really good read you should check out.

MWQwjyU.png
Yes, I drew that I'm Squidward meme with everyone's Sobbles. In order the Sobbles are Puddin' from the Adventures of Mum by @Ookum Spookums, Toh Kay from Dear Sergio by @feraligatr, ??? from A Knight's Gale by @FoxRodDraws, Yuuya from Questionable Influence by ACottontail, the unchosen Sobble from Avacado's Sword Nuzlocke by @Waweezer and finally Belle and Lakour from Lakour's X nuzlocke also by Waweezer. It only felt fitting to end with the Sobble from Avacado's Sword nuzlocke, since it is the most comedic run of the bunch. I also found it hilarious how in the sequel the water starter was chosen when the Sobble was angry about not getting chosen.

bLcYakw.png
I just got into the mood of drawing nuzlocke fanarts, and couldn't stop. I wanted to make more people's day with fanart, so I drew this. Annabelle is giving Speckles her special cosmic makeover when Bowser comes up to her and asks for something cool and I'm pretty sure having dramatic lightning follow someone is way out of Annabelle's range as a makeup artist. Speckles is from Soul Bros by @GECKO, while not exactly hidden is an amazing comic(one of my favorites actually) with great character interactions within the team. Annabelle is from Into the Fire by @ashtrayscomics, which has a lot of goofy over the top facial expressions. Bowser is from Bright Souls by @SnackyTheSylph, which has an interesting twist on the nuzlocke mechanics and as a fan of MS Paint the art looks pretty nice. I feel like Into the Fire and Bright Souls are underrated, so give them a read.

TyRQIc0.png
I was pretty happy when I found out Secrets of Aetherai: Ori's Gift by @Trollkitten only got a bronze medal at best, as it meant I could draw it for this event! I decided to draw the first gym battle, as Bella riding that Wraith Onix is something that stuck with me for months. There's so much interesting world building in Ori's gift, and it's a joy to read.

2YCu5Lb.png

In order the pokemon are
Zerda from Wanted by @YumeTsuki
Raymond from A home for the Broken by @faerieconstellations
Tara from Adventures in Naljo by @Kit_The_Feef
Baldr from Brotherhood by @Bowser's Family Vacation
Callisto and Edward from Sinners of Sinnoh by @satanicswirlix
Mika from Roadmap not Included by @ashdrawsarts
Ben from The Ballad of Brett by @RandomTrainer
Mad Max Ape from Level Platinum Nuzlocke by @Wastelander Nick
Nightwing from Dio's Bizarre (Black 2) Nuzlocke by @sociopathicotter
Nate from The Nateventure by @NOOLMAN
Lila from Nemini Crede by @Hana
Mitri from Hidden Swords by @Giogeth
Bunnie from Tim's Very Ordiary Nuzlocke by @Numbuh296
Thia from Pandemonium in Johto by @novamallow
Bouncee from Sunlocke by @TheTRUEgge
Kiba from Leftovers by @Pcaara
Princess from Finding Ballence by @ima
Zips from Broken Sword by @Dirtwig-Draws
Eclipse and Equinox from Nuzlocke S3 by @Yuriakashu
August from Playing with Fire by @sprout-of-life
Phoebe from Run Away, Survivors by @JavierE64
Nettie and Kit from What the Water Gave me by @effsnares
Amaretto from A Fateful Nuzlocke Challenge by @ponibutts
Rowlet from Eclipsed by @LintuLady
Sid from Chaos in Kalos by @TheNuzlockeDuo
Misdreavus girl from Lights. Camera Nuzlocke! by @Dancing Omastar
Onyx from Falling Stars by @Tigerphoenixblaze
Gina from Sweet ReLeaf by @khorale
Banana from Poplocke by @Harrie
Floof from Cordia by @Lanae
Scant from Hypoxia by @Polymori
Yohann from On Borrowed Time by @Woo
Tallulah from Atychiphobia by @Sarbear
Kyle from Treecko's Diary by @Ymir
Dingding and Venus from The Long Way by @Alex_Nidas
Mystery Ralts from Changeling Rival's Contingency Planning System by @DistortionLocke
Rin and Riki from The Burning Sky by @Neowth
Parlo from Blazed Glazed Crazed Lazed Defrazed Revengazed! by @PageEmperor
Shellock from Secrets of Aetherai: Ori's Gift by @Trollkitten
Holly from Little Lapses by @Zero and @Salt&PepperBunny
Nori from Making Matcha by @ramendotexe
Pups from A Spark of Briliance by @Picket Furret
Helena from Ties that Bind by @ssandshrew
Reimu from pouch creatures dark difficult version by @Empty Sun
After I drew all that I was still in the mood to draw more fanart. So I decided to start drawing random pokemon from runs that qualified. That turned into trying to draw pokemon from as many qualifying nuzlockes as I could. I don't have time to type out brief descriptions of the 39 nuzlockes the characters are from here, but please if something doesn't look familiar check it out. People put a lot of work into their nuzlocke runs, whether it be old or new, colored, black and white, screenshoted or written. I feel like everyone deserves recognition for their work, every run is special to someone. I hope some of the creators from lesser known runs will be very happy to see fanart of their pokemon.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
It’s… fanworks time! I’m going in chronological order, so hopefully you can see how my skill with making fanworks for fanworks grows!

For Slice by @satanicswirlix
He looks up at the Pikachu gijinka. Pills, needles, a gun… The works. His right eye socket twitches. This guy’s gonna need a damn good explanation for this…

And the guy can see that. His ears are drooped. Sweat is dripping down his brow. He can’t quite look him in the eye. And he had no trouble looking him in the eye before.

“Make it quick,” he’d snapped. He had snorted at that. Just to piss him off, he had started to go slower.

He’d noticed. “Do you know who I am!?” An entitled traveler, but he knew the guy would fill in the blanks better than he ever could. He had watched as something sufficiently insulting burrowed its way into his mind, crawling between his eyelids to take root in his brain. “No respect…” he had grumbled. “Don’t you hate that?” What? Lack of respect? He had given up on mustering emotion at work long ago. Between the remarks about his eye (or rather, the lack thereof) and his… condition, if he wasted time on hating, that’d cut into his paycheck.

The Pikachu gijinka extends his hand. Yeah, he’ll take that. He waves at him as he walks away, just to make him squirm.

He’ll always make time for that. And speaking of time… Yeah, he’s off for the day.
I am aware that this run seems to be a cancelled project, but Swirlix has projects that are still being worked on, so give them some support!

For PMD: Rangers of Sky by @solaris127h and @GreyCorsola
The Tyranitar stares down at me, and all I can think is, “The more things change, the more things stay the same.”

Zayne saw something in me then. Something more than the rest of them in the Ranger Union. Something more than an angry, grubby girl making grabs at anything that could make her feel like she has a purpose.

Now, Zayne is slumped against the wall, ribs cracked and gashes across his chest. He is next to the corpse of a Woobat.

Poppy saw something in me then. Something more than the rest of the kids on the route. Something more than a wailing, hurting girl making grabs at anything that could make her feel like she has a purpose.

Now, Poppy is still against me, back burned and wings spread across my chest. She is next to the corpse of a career.

A career, I’m starting to think, that never should have happened in the first place.

After all, what purpose does have a friend have but to be there to see something more? And to make that something more? Not me. These two have made me, and here I am, making nothing.

The Tyranitar stares down at me, and all I can think is, “The more things change, the more things stay the same.”

For Bright Souls by @SnackyTheSylph I know @Flop disc already compiled this, but why not read it twice? :P
The young woman is torn between crossing her arms and shielding her face from the sun, so she compromises: holding one arm in front of her chest while pressing the side of her other hand to her forehead. “Heh,” she snorts. “Precisely what I want to do during a Saturday morning.”

A Pidgey perches on her head. This is nice shade, actually. She puts her arm down. Birdon peers down at her. “But…” he pipes up. “You’re here.”

OK, yes, true, but. “That doesn’t mean I want to be here,” the trainer asserts.

“But you gotta catch some Pokemon!” the Dunsparce hovering next to the young trainer butts in. “That’s what trainers do!”

The Croconaw shuffling up from behind them, dragging his feet, harrumphs. “Just because we got lucky with Flutter being strong doesn’t mean we’ll get lucky like that again.”

“Hey!” the Dunsparce yelps. “Do we need to get Flutter to drag your unconscious body around!?”

Amelia is unsure whether it is a threat on behalf of the Butterfree’s honor or a jab at how cranky her starter Pokemon is being, but it’s putting her plans to win this contest in jeopardy regardless. “Asmodeus-” The Dunsparce stops. “Bowser-” The Croconaw looks up. “If you can’t get along, I won’t use either of you for the contest.”

The two look at each other, then make a decision. “OK,” they utter simultaneously.

I guess I walked into that one. “Fine,” she groans. “You guys can just watch, then.”

As the quartet enters through the National Park gate, however, a portly man in a uniform with a large green Pokeball on it barges in front of them. “Hello, hello, hello!” he exclaims. “Are you here for the Bug Catching Contest bright and early on this lovely, lovely, lovely day?”

“Unfortunately,” Amelia grumbles. “And we’ll be walking, walking, walking past you now.”

But, with surprising agility, he blocks them. “If that is the case, you cannot have all your Pokemon out, no, no, no! That would frighten our dear, dear, dear bugs! The rules say a participant can only have one Pokemon out for the duration of the competition!”

Three pairs of eyes snap to Birdon. “Oh,” the Pidgey gasps. “Guess that Pokemon is me, then.”

After assuring Asmodeus and Bowser that she will give them a play-by-play of the competition later, Amelia recalls them to their Pokeballs. The man guides her to the center of a conspicuous area of tall grass—since the rest of the park’s grass seems to have been tamed to the status of lawn. “Ah,” Birdon quips. “That explains the design of the uniforms.”

“What?” Amelia asks.

“Oh, nothing.”

“No, no, no!” she yelps, mocking the man who appears to be the park’s only employee, acting as both gate guard and time-keeper of the Bug-Catching Contest itself, rattling about the spirit of “fun, fun, fun” to the group of six contestants. “What does that mean?”

“Well, you can’t fly, so I can’t show you-” Birdon sighs. “-but this tall grass area? It’s in the shape of a Pokeball.”

“Man, and I thought you were going to tell me something that I thought would help me win this thing.”

“I mean, you’re the one who pressed! And knowing that there’s two disconnected sections to look through could be use-” The Pidgey blinks when he realizes that they are the last ones standing in front of the park employee. “Gah, it’s started!”

“Birdon!” Amelia scolds. “Start looking! That’s why I picked you!”

The Pidgey lays a wing over his chest tenderly. “...You picked me on purpose?” She stares at him. Silently, he pushes the goggles on his helmet over his face. “OK, what am I looking for?” he hollers from where he has begun circling the perimeter.

“Uh…” Amelia pushes into the grass, scouring the area. She finds one of her competitors, a grubby-faced boy wearing a large sunhat, screaming, holding his leg. She steps around him. “Something big!” she shouts.

“Big!” Birdon echoes. “Got it!”

She returns the stink eye that a Caterpie is giving her, holding a String Shot in its mouth like a wad of gum. But, over its shoulder, is a flash of gold. She instinctively pursues, and as she registers the vaguely hexagonal shape of the back of its head, she gasps in recognition. It’s a Combee! They evolve into Vespiquen, which create the most delicious honey in the world!

“Birdon!” she commands. “Get ahead of me! I need your help to trap it!”

“Trap what?” the Tiny Bird Pokemon questions.

“Honey!”

The Combee seems to conflate the word from a human’s mouth with danger. It suddenly darts between a battle between another one of her competitors, a giggly girl with ruddy cheeks, and a Kakuna.

Although “battle” is a strong word to describe what a Hardening Kakuna and a Singing Jigglypuff are doing.

And, yet, a Sing is still a Sing, and Amelia’s eyelids start to drift shut….

“Hey!” A beak pecks the bridge of the snoozing trainer’s nose. “Wake up!”

The blissful rest is a cruel reminder of what she should be doing on a Saturday morning. Amelia groans.

“I got your Pokemon.”

Amelia rockets to her feet. Honey will make this all worth it! She examines the fainted Combee, but… “Oh no,” she gasps. “It’s a male.”

“A male?” Birdon repeats incredulously. “What’s wrong with being a male?”

“Hello, hello, hello!” a familiar voice calls through the tall grass. “Contestant Number Six, the catching time has elapsed! Come on up, up, up!” Amelia looks between the fainted male Combee and the awaiting judge on the other side of the ludicrously tall grass and makes a decision.

“...And Contestant Number Six has caught a Butterfree!” Flutter puffs out pridefully next to her. Birdon, for his part, keeps quiet, despite the scowl on his face. Contestant Number One caught a Caterpie—and its glare looks familiar. Contestant Number Two skinned his knee and quit. Contestant Number Three, despite singing away with her Jigglypuff, didn’t catch anything. Admittedly, Contestant Number Four’s Paras could be threatening, but at least Contestant Number Five only caught a green Kakuna.

“And the winner is…” Amelia closes her eyes. I may have not gotten a Combee, but at least the prize money will let me splurge on some Honey. “...Contestant Number Five!”

“What!?” Amelia, Flutter, and Birdon all shriek at once. An old woman with sun-worn skin dotters up to the park employee and claims her prize money, plus an expensive-looking sun-shaped stone.

I knew I should have just slept in today instead….

Me @ all of you. :3

crashcrashcrash

More like trashtrashtrash, amiright
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 11, 2021
Nature
Brave
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
  2. Flying
Hoooh man, so much art this is so cool!! Anyway uhh, I felt like drawing so,

k7knLmP.png

We got:
Gold and Lisa from Frontier Dawn by @Arawanhe
Mum and Puddin from The Adventures of Mum! by @Ookum Spookums
Delilah and Rowlet from Eclipsed by @LintuLady
Tim and Bunnie from Tim's Very Ordinary Emerald by @Numbuh296
Alice and Flick from Speechless by @Kinetic Kimo

This was a lot of fun to do, and I wish I did more tbh! There are so many runs out here that deserve love! <3

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Aaa this art is all so lovely! @ACottontail your art of Bouncee is so cute qmq,, Nova really likes your Thia art too!!

I decided to participate sort of last-minute, and I wanted to do a piece for a screenshot run! They get dreadfully few fanworks,, anyways, I drew Oatley and Wage from @Master Bryss ’s Game of Chance White 2.0 !

MGJGOEU.png

they‘re arson buddies you see

SaintsGarden

Rune Collector
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 29, 2020
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
No Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
Pokédex Entry
Actually, Saint was the name of the scientist. You're thinking of Saint's beleaguered creator, Garden.

Arawanhe

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 4, 2021
Hoooh man, so much art this is so cool!! Anyway uhh, I felt like drawing so,

k7knLmP.png

We got:
Gold and Lisa from Frontier Dawn by @Arawanhe
Mum and Puddin from The Adventures of Mum! by @Ookum Spookums
Delilah and Rowlet from Eclipsed by @LintuLady
Tim and Bunnie from Tim's Very Ordinary Emerald by @Numbuh296
Alice and Flick from Speechless by @Kinetic Kimo

This was a lot of fun to do, and I wish I did more tbh! There are so many runs out here that deserve love! <3

I love it! I never imagined any of my crew would have artwork, so seeing Lisa is a great surprise.

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much
Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
Thank you, @ACottontail! Tara looks very cute in this! Thank you also to @SnackyTheSylph for drawing Prism, Tara, Jiggly and Janice! They look so cute in your style! And, as placed earlier in the thread, I drew some Fanwork for @ima's Finding Balance!

vizarding

bug aficionado
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 20, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A artist hailing from the land of Stephen King's Maine, avoiding evil clowns and drawing day and night.
it's a lot easier to express "hey I've been checking out/following this comic recently, nice :-)" in drawing than in words, however! i prepared nothing beforehand, so :-) bite these nuzlocke.

e9d2d85814fe49152b29c796bb7b90f9cb4121c8.png
Lakour's X Nuzlocke by @Waweezer

09b08a6777c73f6a3b6bcd199015bee8443e2275.png
Godless Lands by @vizarding

dcce676d099fc3b1e6e7698af391e2582a4d22e0.png
Wanted! by @YumeTsuki

2381e2175d3891df70e79a9544565456570306c3.png
Questionable Influence by @ACottontail

642e8153e28820990dc0a8063ff78b74004fc0c8.png
pouch creatures dark difficult version by @Empty Sun
Oh my god, my girls look so amazing in your style i could CRY......... thank you so much, I will cherish this.
I love your art in general, all of these are so good.

Waweezer

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
crap, I;ve been spending so much time playing games that I forgot to draw something for this!

Expect me to be here tomorrow

satanicswirlix

Nuzlockes remind me that I don't have friends
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
B̵͎͗e̶͊ͅh̶̩̒ì̸̪n̵̼͐d̸̥̚ ̷̀ͅy̷͎̓o̷͚̊u̶̗̕.̶̻̒
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
it's pronouns-ed "STEEL-ix"
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fairy
  3. Ghost
  4. Poison
  5. Cute
  6. ???
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon fails at life. When she isn't seen animating 2D breasts for her nuzlocke, she often watches anime, or sucks at video games on Twitch.
Thank you for including my boys in this, they look great!

For Slice by @satanicswirlix
He looks up at the Pikachu gijinka. Pills, needles, a gun… The works. His right eye socket twitches. This guy’s gonna need a damn good explanation for this…

And the guy can see that. His ears are drooped. Sweat is dripping down his brow. He can’t quite look him in the eye. And he had no trouble looking him in the eye before.

“Make it quick,” he’d snapped. He had snorted at that. Just to piss him off, he had started to go slower.

He’d noticed. “Do you know who I am!?” An entitled traveler, but he knew the guy would fill in the blanks better than he ever could. He had watched as something sufficiently insulting burrowed its way into his mind, crawling between his eyelids to take root in his brain. “No respect…” he had grumbled. “Don’t you hate that?” What? Lack of respect? He had given up on mustering emotion at work long ago. Between the remarks about his eye (or rather, the lack thereof) and his… condition, if he wasted time on hating, that’d cut into his paycheck.

The Pikachu gijinka extends his hand. Yeah, he’ll take that. He waves at him as he walks away, just to make him squirm.

He’ll always make time for that. And speaking of time… Yeah, he’s off for the day.
I am aware that this run seems to be a cancelled project, but Swirlix has projects that are still being worked on, so give them some support!
I remember this, thank you! :)

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
An awkward lil reptile who is just trying her best.
I might have gone just a little overboard... Flopdisc can you help tag everyone?

liRmMm0.png
Here we have an epic battle against Melon and Grape. Melon is from Kanto Black nuzlocke by @jieh_draws, a comic I mentioned in the promos(which you should really check out). Melon is the best battle bug so I wanted to draw her fighting someone. Since my first idea wasn't allowed, I decided to draw her fighting Mulan from The Fire Within by @SnowyUmbreon. While I don't think The Fire Within is hidden, it fits the rules and was the first nuzlocke I've ever read. I also drew Grape and Pear from Kanto Black and Aladar from the Fire Within in the background.

sH4chgA.png
One year at Halloween I came across this kid who would say this at every house they hit. It's stuck with me and feels like something Judgement would say while kicking down a door. Judgement and Bullet are from Judgement Has Come to You by @SaintsGarden. Another comic I promoed on day 1.

0ud4xnd.png
While I don't feel like the run is hidden, The Hippocratic Oath by @Spectacles is an absolute gem that fits the guidelines. This was the perfect opportunity to draw Bravewhisker, then I kept going and drew Spikepelt and Kestrelsight too. The is a run with really high stakes even before the first gym as Comet struggle to take care of all the pokemon he was assigned to look after at his medical clinic, it's a really good read you should check out.

MWQwjyU.png
Yes, I drew that I'm Squidward meme with everyone's Sobbles. In order the Sobbles are Puddin' from the Adventures of Mum by @Ookum Spookums, Toh Kay from Dear Sergio by @feraligatr, ??? from A Knight's Gale by @FoxRodDraws, Yuuya from Questionable Influence by ACottontail, the unchosen Sobble from Avacado's Sword Nuzlocke by @Waweezer and finally Belle and Lakour from Lakour's X nuzlocke also by Waweezer. It only felt fitting to end with the Sobble from Avacado's Sword nuzlocke, since it is the most comedic run of the bunch. I also found it hilarious how in the sequel the water starter was chosen when the Sobble was angry about not getting chosen.

bLcYakw.png
I just got into the mood of drawing nuzlocke fanarts, and couldn't stop. I wanted to make more people's day with fanart, so I drew this. Annabelle is giving Speckles her special cosmic makeover when Bowser comes up to her and asks for something cool and I'm pretty sure having dramatic lightning follow someone is way out of Annabelle's range as a makeup artist. Speckles is from Soul Bros by @GECKO, while not exactly hidden is an amazing comic(one of my favorites actually) with great character interactions within the team. Annabelle is from Into the Fire by @ashtrayscomics, which has a lot of goofy over the top facial expressions. Bowser is from Bright Souls by @SnackyTheSylph, which has an interesting twist on the nuzlocke mechanics and as a fan of MS Paint the art looks pretty nice. I feel like Into the Fire and Bright Souls are underrated, so give them a read.

TyRQIc0.png
I was pretty happy when I found out Secrets of Aetherai: Ori's Gift by @Trollkitten only got a bronze medal at best, as it meant I could draw it for this event! I decided to draw the first gym battle, as Bella riding that Wraith Onix is something that stuck with me for months. There's so much interesting world building in Ori's gift, and it's a joy to read.

2YCu5Lb.png

In order the pokemon are
Zerda from Wanted by @YumeTsuki
Raymond from A home for the Broken by @faerieconstellations
Tara from Adventures in Naljo by @Kit_The_Feef
Baldr from Brotherhood by @Bowser's Family Vacation
Callisto and Edward from Sinners of Sinnoh by @satanicswirlix
Mika from Roadmap not Included by @ashdrawsarts
Ben from The Ballad of Brett by @RandomTrainer
Mad Max Ape from Level Platinum Nuzlocke by @Wastelander Nick
Nightwing from Dio's Bizarre (Black 2) Nuzlocke by @sociopathicotter
Nate from The Nateventure by @NOOLMAN
Lila from Nemini Crede by @Hana
Mitri from Hidden Swords by @Giogeth
Bunnie from Tim's Very Ordiary Nuzlocke by @Numbuh296
Thia from Pandemonium in Johto by @novamallow
Bouncee from Sunlocke by @TheTRUEgge
Kiba from Leftovers by @Pcaara
Princess from Finding Ballence by @ima
Zips from Broken Sword by @Dirtwig-Draws
Eclipse and Equinox from Nuzlocke S3 by @Yuriakashu
August from Playing with Fire by @sprout-of-life
Phoebe from Run Away, Survivors by @JavierE64
Nettie and Kit from What the Water Gave me by @effsnares
Amaretto from A Fateful Nuzlocke Challenge by @ponibutts
Rowlet from Eclipsed by @LintuLady
Sid from Chaos in Kalos by @TheNuzlockeDuo
Misdreavus girl from Lights. Camera Nuzlocke! by @Dancing Omastar
Onyx from Falling Stars by @Tigerphoenixblaze
Gina from Sweet ReLeaf by @khorale
Banana from Poplocke by @Harrie
Floof from Cordia by @Lanae
Scant from Hypoxia by @Polymori
Yohann from On Borrowed Time by @Woo
Tallulah from Atychiphobia by @Sarbear
Kyle from Treecko's Diary by @Ymir
Dingding and Venus from The Long Way by @Alex_Nidas
Mystery Ralts from Changeling Rival's Contingency Planning System by @DistortionLocke
Rin and Riki from The Burning Sky by @Neowth
Parlo from Blazed Glazed Crazed Lazed Defrazed Revengazed! by @PageEmperor
Shellock from Secrets of Aetherai: Ori's Gift by @Trollkitten
Holly from Little Lapses by @Zero and @Salt&PepperBunny
Nori from Making Matcha by @ramendotexe
Pups from A Spark of Briliance by @Picket Furret
Helena from Ties that Bind by @ssandshrew
Reimu from pouch creatures dark difficult version by @Empty Sun
After I drew all that I was still in the mood to draw more fanart. So I decided to start drawing random pokemon from runs that qualified. That turned into trying to draw pokemon from as many qualifying nuzlockes as I could. I don't have time to type out brief descriptions of the 39 nuzlockes the characters are from here, but please if something doesn't look familiar check it out. People put a lot of work into their nuzlocke runs, whether it be old or new, colored, black and white, screenshoted or written. I feel like everyone deserves recognition for their work, every run is special to someone. I hope some of the creators from lesser known runs will be very happy to see fanart of their pokemon.

Aaaah, thanks for drawing, Speckle!! Poor gal is getting an EXTREME makeover XD and thanks for the shout-out!

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
@SaintsGarden HOLY FUCK THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT LOOKS SO GOOD ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
i didn't know this was a thing and now i have no funny little arts to contribute i am brainlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread