• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Feature team invited you to check out the Hidden Gem Showcase! Give a little love to your favorite runs you think more people should know about!
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Hidden Gems Showcase 2021 -- Day One: Promotions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Description
A thread full of community recommendations on underrated or hidden gems!

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. Poison
This is Day One of the Hidden Gems Showcase, the event that Feature Team has been making noise about recently!

To recap, our unofficial long weekend of love will be running as follows:
  • Day One: Hidden Gem Promotions (you are here!)
  • Day Two: Hidden Gem Self-Promotions
  • Day Three: Fanwork Sunday
  • Day Four: Free-for-all posting, Closing Survey

Each of the threads will be locked after their respective day and reopened on the event's final day.

Today is all about getting the word out about any runs or creative projects on the forums that you wish more people knew about!

We ran an advance submissions form and gave special prominence to some of our early adopters. Then came a flurry of recommendations from across the community! It's been an incredible thing to see building up over these past few days. We'll be showcasing these promotions just below this post.

If you didn't get in on that early action -- don't worry! This thread is open and encouraging posting. However, as noted in the announcement, we're laying down some rules around what can and cannot be posted in today's thread:

In order to adhere to the theme of Hidden Gems, we have some eligibility rules we’re imposing on content submitted for the event. We’ve designed these in response to a long-running desire in the community to have an event meaningfully different to the annual Extravaganzas:
  • Any run that received a GOLD or SILVER medal in 2019 or 2020’s Extravaganza may not take part in the Hidden Gems Showcase
  • Runs whose highest placements were either a bronze medal or honourable mention are welcome to take part!
  • We’ve prepared a list of runs that meet this criteria and will be unable to participate in the Hidden Gems Showcase, viewable here
    • This list is gold and silver medalists across all categories and mediums. There will be some redundancy there, but we felt this was the best way to communicate the list for clarity and for time!
  • ALL runs/projects that are not covered in the Extravaganza (eg. art threads, blogs, other creative projects) are welcome as part of the event!
  • Also, this is important to note: you will only be able to post in the Hidden Gem Self-Promotions thread if you’ve posted in the Hidden Gem Promotions thread. In other words, please get out there and spread the love first!
Posts in the thread that do not meet these guidelines will be edited, and we'll be in touch about what you'd like to do with the post: whether that's adding a different promo in its place, or removing the post altogether. Please don't stress if this happens! It isn't a disciplinary measure by any means -- just a quick troubleshoot to keep things rolling.

The Feature Team noticed during successive Extravaganza Reflectives how strong the call was for a Hidden Gem category. While all involved in that discussion agreed that there was no satisfactory way to measure and implement it in a competitive context, it is something that's been on the forefront of our minds ever since. We sincerely hope that this event can fill the gap in our annual events that so many of you thoughtfully identified!

Finally, on behalf of the whole Feature Team, please enjoy this weekend! And if you pick up a new run that you love -- reach out to a member of the Feature Team and put it forward as a candidate for one of our monthly features!

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. Poison
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A NOTE BEFORE STARTING: Some entries have been edited for clarity and length.

Also, while we were stoked to receive a number of submissions including visual aids, we weren't able to find enough visual content to cover everything submitted to us in advance. In order to keep things as fair and as legible as possible, we've removed images from this post. However, please don't let that discourage you from posting them yourself in the thread -- including content that's already here!

Hidden Gems Showcase 2021: Promotions

Unbecome. by @RisingMew
Medium: Storylocke

Anonymous: "Now is the perfect time to check out an awesome new run like Unbecome!! It's already off to a fantasic start with great writing, and interesting main character, and an unusual plot with inspiration from a veterinary science perspective. I highly recommend giving it a read!"

Via Memory Lane III: A Gold Nostalgialocke by @SayleeK
Medium: Screenshot (commentary)

Anonymous: "Truthfully I don't know if this would be considered a Hidden Gem, but it as far as I know doesn't have any awards and the way the author writes is incredibly charming, and you can feel the joy radiating from them as they return to an old favorite of theirs."

Full Steam Ahead: Ruby and Mew Explore Gaming’s Hidden Gems by @RubyClaw and @mewstein
Medium: Blog

Anonymous: "This blog is a ton of fun, and it discusses a topic I can safely say all of us are interested in: gaming. RubyClaw and mewstein review a variety of cool games and give great commentary on their experiences. They also inspire some very fun discussions with their 'question of the week'. I highly recommend checking it out- you may even find something new to play in the process!"

Finding Balance by @ima
Medium: Comic

Anonymous: “This one is gorgeous. I love the artstyle, and Precious and Pearl have a wonderful friendship dynamic. The Pokemon in this one are also wonderfully characterised, with a battle shy Piplup, and a caring Chimchar. Looking forward to seeing more of this one in the future!”

Kanto Black Nuzlocke Comic by @jieh_draws

@Krisantyne: "Just as it says on the tin: Kanto Black is a game in which all the Pokémon in Kanto have been replaced with Gen 5-6 Pokémon, and this is a Nuzlocke comic about it!
It's incredible how fresh this region that you know like the back of your hand can feel just from being filled with different Pokémon! And there is more excitement to be had - the game is being played on a difficulty setting called "Chaos", so let's just say that you shouldn't get too attached to any of the Pokémon... Except for Melon the Durant. Melon is ready to kill god every day, and you just gotta experience her!

So if you'd like to see a real nail-biter of a Nuzlocke and some neat and rapid art improvement, please check this one out!"

Dear Sergio by @feraligatr

Anonymous: Dear Sergio is still in its early stages, but it already has great character interactions and a protagonist you want to root for. We've already gotten clues that this is going to be a grand-scale adventure with plenty of focus on the characters and their personal journeys. The fact that the author is taking the time to set the comic up well from the start is a great sign! You'll definitely want to be following this story!

Anonymous: This run has potential, with an enthusiastic rival in Hop and a reluctant protagonist in Sergio. I love their friendship, it’s precious. Here’s to hoping Sergio can free himself from his family issues!

Hidden swords by @Giogeth

@Krisantyne: "The Pokémon universe is a great sandbox to play in, and this author has brought some very special toys to add to it!

You thought waiting 23 years for a Poison type legendary was long? Imagine being a member of the Poison Werepokémon tribe, who are Arceus' least favourite children and who thought they were the only ones to not have a god of their own. The young Were Toxel Porchoros has had enough of the oppression and is now on his way through Galar to free Eternatus and defeat Arceus. Not your typical Pokémon Shield adventure!

Yep, Werepokémon are pretty much what it sounds like. Porchoros is not too fond of the full moon. :'D Also, you probably know those ARPG Pokémon with the extra types and the crossbreeds and stuff that someone on your watchlist hoards en masse? This comic has them! It really shines in the designs, and I'm excited to see every new Pokémon because of that! Go read it to have this great experience, too~!"

Leftovers: A Hoenn Saga by @Pcaara

@Krisantyne: "Leftovers reads like a love letter to Hoenn that goes beyond making you feel the same sense of wonder you got when you first explored the region, no, it brings every single place there to life with more colorful details than you've ever seen before! This is not an exaggeration, there is really nothing else like this comic's world!

The story follows Asadi, an anxious young adult, on her journey as a Pokémon trainer, in which she soon gets surrounded by a huge and all around delightful ensemble cast of characters.
I think the most striking points about this comic are how deep it goes into the characters' thoughts and emotions, and the ever changing art styles that are more than a product of regular improvement, but rather a display of an incredible range of skill."

Soul Brothers by @GECKO

Anonymous: “Soul Brothers is a really fun read. The bond between Ty the Totodile and Corey is a strong, brotherly bond. It’s not often that you see a human/Pokémon relationship as close as theirs! They have a really good dynamic, and I’m sure many would agree with me.”

Feature Team: We also received a textless promotion of Soul Brothers from @\Dirtwig-Draws!

Judgement Has Come to You by @SaintsGarden

@YumeTsuki: "This comic has only started, but I was hooked from the moment I read the first page. This nuzlocke certainly had me laugh out loud with it's humor. There's not much else I can say without spoiling... I certainly recommend following this comic if you haven't yet! It's worth it."

The Ballad of Brett by @RandomTrainer

Anonymous: "The Ballad of Brett absolutely excels in character development. Even random NPCs are given time to breathe and interact with the protagonist to create a rich world and to show us more of the protag's character.

The art style is also immediately striking and unique. None of the characters are drawn with eyes, yet they still manage to be extremely expressive. The artist also uses a fairly limited color scheme, which hearkens back to the OG Pokemon games and works very well for the comic.

Ballad of Brett is a must-read!"

Pandemonium in Johto by @novamallow

@Krisantyne: In the night before Ethan is supposed to start his journey as a Pokémon trainer, Johto gets turned upside down by a strange mist that changes all Pokémon into different species. Ethan is tasked with going to Mt. Silver to investigate the origin of the disaster.

This is a randomizer run turned up to eleven - not only the Pokémon are randomized, but their moves too. So the battles are epic and high-stakes right off the bat, which is incredibly fun to see in a comic! I love watching the Gorebyss use Volt Tackle on the first route, and I shake in fear watching the team have to fight multiple Legendaries before the second Badge! :'D

Besides the exciting setting, this comic is also filled with super adorable characters and lots of drama, so you will barely get a break from having lots of feelings while reading it! So much fun!!

Feature Team: This run was also the subject of a Fan Feature!

Brotherhood by @Bowser's Family Vacation
Medium: Storylocke

Anonymous: "Brotherhood has been going on for a while now, but I think it deserves more love! It’s told from the point of view of Paul, Ash’s rival from the D&P anime. Bowser does a great job of getting in Paul’s head- it’s such a cool point of view to experience a nuzlocke through."

Road Map Not Included by @ashdrawsarts

@Tailsimp: "Road Map Not Included follows Finley, Cheren, and Bianca as they navigate through Unova; and honestly, I don't know if I've ever seen the Unova trio feel like a closer group of friends.

This trio feels like family right from the get-go: from the way they joke with each other, to the teamwork they display, to their ability to be open, honest, and vulnerable with one another when things get tense. As their journey goes on we can see each character growing as they come across new challenges both externally and internally, which makes for an engaging read as we see how this changes the characters and the new situations it puts their relationships in. But no matter what happens, it feels like these kids will be there for each other through thick and thin, which we know will serve them well as they continue on through the Unova region.

Top all that excellence off with a starter that struggles to find a reason to be here, a great team of fun and interesting pokemon to watch grow and interact, as well as fun side characters to enjoy, and you've found yourself with an amazingly good time! So as soon as you can, give Road Map Not Included a read through! You’ll be glad you did!

Walking to Yggdrasil: A Pokemon Black Nuzlocke by @PsyduckEnthusiast
Medium: Written Log

Anonymous: "The author's frank and engaging commentary style makes this a meaty read about the trials of nuzlocking Unova, and their picks for mythological nicknames are great. The run is on a temporary hiatus, but will be back to beat Champion Alder!"

Paper Bowser and the Thousand-Year Grind by @Bowser's Family Vacation

Anonymous: " This run only has two entries so far, but I love it nonetheless! I find lorelockes to be really interesting and I'm considering doing one myself, if/when I complete my current run. I also love the theming of the run, I'm not even that big of a fun of Mario, though Paper Mario has always intrigued me, but even with my limited knowledge of the series, it's still been a fun read so far!"

WLERA: When Little Emma Ran Away by @Neowth

@Krisantyne: "'Emma's mom doesn't even want her to leave the house, so that complicates the start of her journey a little. With no ID, a stolen starter, and hundreds of "Missing" posters making people everywhere look for her, Emma has to get creative to take part in the League challenge. But that isn't the only obstacle in her way - the gods themselves are trying to stop her...'

This comic is extremely funny with its hyper characters, hilarious expressions and the results of Emma trying to stay on the down low. The first Gym battle is a masterpiece!

I think the biggest challenge for a comedy focused comic is hitting the right tone for the not-so-lighthearted parts of a Nuzlocke, and this one has already proven that it's up to the task with the sincere handling of its first death. So now you know that WLERA has everything you could want from a good story, and you really really want to read it without me spoiling even more stuff!"

Adventures in Naljo by @Kit_The_Feef

@Krisantyne: "For the duration of this promo, please imagine me holding up Adventures in Naljo like Rafiki holds Simba. ... Okay thanks, we can start!

This is a Nuzlocke comic of Pokémon Prism, a game that takes place in a whole new fanmade region. There still aren't many of those, and I'm so excited about it!

Look how these never-seen-before places are brought to life - they're clearly made with loving attention to detail, and you know an artist who is not afraid of making such ambitious first pages is going to go really far really fast! So why not get on board right away and follow the epic adventures of Prism and his Larvitar from the beginning?"

Broken Sword Nuzlocke by @Dirtwig-Draws

@YumeTsuki: "This is actually a run I wanted to promote during last extravaganza... But to my surprise it wasn't on the nuzlocke forums yet. So this is the perfect oppurturnity to put it in the spotlight. ~

Remember the Scottish persona people gave to the female protagonist for Sword and Shield upon it's reveal? Well, Dirtwig-Draws ain't pulling their punches with it. So here is Moira, a brand new trainer with no filter participating in the league. And there is definitely more to it. As Moira has to deal with her own self-esteem, and the legacy her mom left behind from her own days in the league challenge. "

Copyrightlocke! With Maste® B®yss and EscapeToThe© by @Master Bryss and EscapeToTheSea

@TheTRUEgge: "A collaborative run full of great copyright-themed restrictions! What kind of Bryss run would it be without a weirdly restrictive ruleset, anyways?"

That's it for the promotions we received in advance. We're so grateful to our anonymous benefactors and named users alike! Now we're looking forward to seeing the promotions the community has been holding back to write on the day! 💖

Last edited:

llyarden

Perpetual Lurker
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
Well mine isn't so much 'held back to post on the day' as 'I managed to forget to submit it in advance' lol, but anyway:

Ignoble Idolatry by SayleeK is a wonderful rebuttal to all the 'angry Scot' memes that popped up when people decided that the way Galar correlates to the UK meant that the starter town would be somewhere in Scotland. Mhairi and Hop - and Marnie in more recent chapters - have a wonderful dynamic, and both the human and Pokemon characters all have distinct personalities that make them feel alive, with their journey across Alba as part of the League just as enjoyable to read.

(Since tags don't get carried across in links, worth noting it is tagged as Mature.)

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Kanto Black Nuzlocke by @jieh_draws
Kanto Black is an amazing comedy run that feels like a fresh take on Kanto. And it's not just because all of the kanto pokemon are replaced with gen 5 pokemon. The characters have a pretty great energy that makes the usual in game events such as team rocket at MT.Moon feel new. From Mango's and Plum's dynamic on how the real way to be strong is, to the mighty wind wizard Grape looking after his younger brother Blueberry, to the battle hungry bug Melon. The art also steadily gets better over time. Seriously read Kanto Black, I feel like it's one of the most hidden, yet one of the best gems on this site.

Judgement Has Come to You by @SaintsGarden
From the first panel of Judgement happily exclaiming that she has a hit list, you know you are in for a wild ride. Judgement very casually asks her best friend Bullet for help to take down all the government officials in a corrupted Alola region. Judgement's reckless attitude about overthrowing an entire region's government is a joy to read. The story also feels like a fresh take on the Alola region as shown with Judgement joining up with Heavenly the Cosmog human and Motor the Rotom in her quest, with no Lillie or many of the common plot beats in Alola in sight.

Gotta Cook 'Em All by @Ymir
Gotta Cook Em All is about a Chef named Alex who is taking on the pokemon league challenge in order to advance his cooking career. The story ends up being a hilarious descent into madness as Alex almost completely wipes out before even getting to the very first gym. It's one thing to see a team wipe in a nuzlocke, it's another to see a trainer run out of funds for food then then laugh madly as they stir their soup made of water and flowers.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
I will likely go back and add more, but here are my promos! ^^

KDQbJaZ.png

Ashes of Glory by @pikafan96 (SSWL)​

Do you remember the Zetaboards/Tapatalk days of long-form storyshot runs? The Nuzlocke Forums nowadays features more commentary-based screenshot runs, but if you yearn for the good ol’ days of labor-intensive screenshot compilation paired with individualized Pokemon text colors, this run will feel like a punch to the nostalgic gut. Really. There’s big sad here. 😭 Ashes of Glory has a prequel, Back To Basics, but reading it is not a requirement for enjoying this run!

Have you ever felt like Pokemon nuzlockes have too many Pokemon to keep track of? If so, GBB’s Sixlocke series is for you. Each run features only six randomly-generated Pokemon, so you get to watch them all evolve (or not) without any filler catches to distract you. I linked to the newly-completed Pokemon Yellow leg, but if you want to jump in to a currently-in-progress adventure, GBB is throwing a motley crew against Pokemon Crystal.

A collaboration between two of the Nuzlocke Forums’ most prolific artists, I’m not sure if Between Truth and Ideals is as hidden as it is overlooked by the other parts of these two creators’ pedigrees. But allow me to make an argument on behalf of this comic.
TSzqZNX_d.webp
Or, rather, let them.

For as many Unova runs as I have read, I have never A) seen N brand himself as a member of Team Plasma or B) seen the main characters argue amongst themselves about the morality of Team Plasma. Between Truth and Ideals features both, and those conflicts are only getting started! The squad have only just gone clothes shopping in Accumula Town! So what are you waiting for? Grab a spiffy outfit and follow along on their adventure!

A new face to the Forums has brought a novel idea: What if the player character’s Mum was the protagonist? After Hop and Gloria disappear in the Slumbering Weald, Mum has to give Galar a stern talking-to somehow!

No banner for this run yet, so enjoy this picture of a trustworthy medical professional instead!
OfficialPikachuPHD_300dpi.jpg

she actually just plays one in contests
The Hippocratic Oath by @Spectacles (Written)​
You might know Spectacles best for her complicated rulesets and playthroughs using complicated rulesets, and, on the surface, this run seems no different. I mean, this run is using two different complicated rulesets! But adjust your glasses, because this is a storylocke of a playthrough using two different complicated rulesets! Specs uses her real-life, not cosplay medical background to imbue this run with the euphoric highs and crushing lows of this high-stakes field.

Last edited:

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
So I feel like many of us already know about the fantastically funny Pokemon Yellow Nostalgia-Locke by @pkmnMasterWheeler. It was a great run through the Kanto region with a ton of references to classic nuzlockes as well as its own fantastic moments, all brought together and executed on perfectly by PkmnMasterWheeler's brand of humor.

Among the large cast of colorful catches, the story of Pulse (the starter Pikachu) and Eve (a completely legitimately obtained mew), their romance, and the eventual meet up with Eve's daughter Arcadia (mewtwo) were standout fan-favorites. And this was for good reasons too, not only were the characters fun, their story engaging, and the comic's final battle between Eve and Arcadia really freakin' cool but the comic ended with the three of them forming a family going forward.

unknown.png

Understandably this cute ending left many of us wishing we could see more of the trio going forward- and PkmnMasterWheeler delivered on exactly that!

pea_shorts_cover_by_pkmnmasterwheeler_ddtbp3o-fullview.jpg

PEA Shorts, named after the titular Pulse, Eve, and Arcadia, is an ask blog that follows the trio as the start their lives together, learn more about each other, and occasionally get lessons on being in charge of the universe and keeping it safe.

unknown.png

[(Did I mention Arcadia is now basically in charge of their universe? No? Well, now you know.)
Filled to the brim with Wheeler's signature brand of humor, PEA shorts answers your questions about the trio, their lives, and sometimes about the other legendries who help with the whole "upkeep on the universe" schtick.

unknown.png

(Though most importantly is their stories about Eve's past, as well as their comsic level ability for mischief that keeps even Eve herself on her toes.)
But it wouldn't be a Wheeler project without some longer stories involved, and PEA Shorts is no exception. So periodically Wheeler graces us with a new comic, detailing some sort of longer adventure with the cast. Whether it be Arcadia's first day on the job, dealing with the repercussions of damaging the moon, or detailing exactly how PkmnMasterWheeler got turned into a Braixen in this universe, each new comic brings in more of the humor and heart that are staples of PkmnMasterWheeler's work.

unknown.png

But while the larger comics can offer bigger adventures, and the extended cast is as fun, funny, and fantastically executed on as one would expect from a PkmnMasterWheeler work, we never lose focus on the true heart of the comic: the wholesome family unit of two loving lesbians and their nervous-but-sweet-as-heck daughter.

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

(Look at them! Look at them!!!)
All in all PEA Shorts is a gem of a blog. Filled to the brim with great characters, fun interaction, and wholesome humor, PEA Shorts will leave you smiling with each new update. So whether you're an old-time fan of PYNL, or are new to the escapades of this adorable family, give PEA Shorts a read! You'll be glad you did.

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Reposting with images, plus some more that I didn't get done in time for advance submissions!

deevy82-65c78a35-8dd9-4a68-9473-e81682241514.png

Leftovers by @Pcaara

Leftovers reads like a love letter to Hoenn that goes beyond making you feel the same sense of wonder you got when you first explored the region, no, it brings every single place there to life with more colorful details than you've ever seen before! This is not an exaggeration, there is really nothing else like this comic's world!
The story follows Asadi, an anxious young adult, on her journey as a Pokémon trainer, in which she soon gets surrounded by a huge and all around delightful ensemble cast of characters.
I think the most striking points about this comic are how deep it goes into the characters' thoughts and emotions, and the ever changing art styles that are more than a product of regular improvement, but rather a display of an incredible range of skill. The first panel I picked for the excerpt here says it all. ;D

50tDd0t.png

debg86c-9ec252e0-96d6-447a-8b4f-b868caa0c0e7.png

When Little Emma Ran Away by @Neowth

Emma's mom doesn't even want her to leave the house, so that complicates the start of her journey a little. With no ID, a stolen starter, and hundreds of "Missing" posters making people everywhere look for her, Emma has to get creative to take part in the League challenge. But that isn't the only obstacle in her way - the gods themselves are trying to stop her...
This comic is extremely funny with its hyper characters, hilarious expressions and the results of Emma trying to stay on the down low. The first Gym battle is a masterpiece!
I think the biggest challenge for a comedy focused comic is hitting the right tone for the not-so-lighthearted parts of a Nuzlocke, and this one has already proven that it's up to the task with the sincere handling of its first death. So now you know that WLERA has everything you could want from a good story, and you really really want to read it without me spoiling even more stuff!

W4Miko5.png

Kanto Black Nuzlocke Comic by @jieh_draws

Just as it says on the tin: Kanto Black is a game in which all the Pokémon in Kanto have been replaced with Gen 5-6 Pokémon, and this is a Nuzlocke comic about it!
It's incredible how fresh this region that you know like the back of your hand can feel just from being filled with different Pokémon! And there is more excitement to be had - the game is being played on a difficulty setting called "Chaos", so let's just say that you shouldn't get too attached to any of the Pokémon... Except for Melon the Durant. Melon is ready to kill god every day, and you just gotta experience her!
So if you like to see a real nail-biter of a Nuzlocke and some neat and rapid art improvement, please check this one out!

eDdLfy9.png

Banner.JPG

Adventures in Naljo by @Kit_The_Feef

For the duration of this promo, please imagine me holding up Adventures in Naljo like Rafiki holds Simba. ... Okay thanks, we can start!
This is a Nuzlocke comic of Pokémon Prism, a game that takes place in a whole new fanmade region. There still aren't many of those, and I'm so excited about it!
Look how these never-seen-before places are brought to life - they're clearly made with loving attention to detail, and you know an artist who is not afraid of making such ambitious first pages is going to go really far really fast! So why not get on board right away and follow the epic adventures of Prism and his Larvitar from the beginning?

QYqOyh6.png

deetof2-68de8af6-1032-46fd-b225-e1b61686c234.png

Hidden Swords by @Giogeth

The Pokémon universe is a great sandbox to play in, and this author has brought some very special toys to add to it!
You thought waiting 23 years for a Poison type legendary was long? Imagine being a member of the Poison Werepokémon tribe, who are Arceus' least favourite children and who thought they were the only ones to not have a god of their own. The young Were Toxel Porchoros has had enough of the oppression and is now on his way through Galar to free Eternatus and defeat Arceus. Not your typical Pokémon Shield adventure!
Yep, Werepokémon are pretty much what it sounds like. Porchoros is not too fond of the full moon. :'D Also, you probably know those ARPG Pokémon with the extra types and the crossbreeds and stuff that someone on your watchlist hoards en masse? This comic has them! It really shines in the designs, and I'm excited to see every new Pokémon because of that! Go read it to have this great experience, too~!

mtxsUV1.png

Pandemonium in Johto by @novamallow

In the night before Ethan is supposed to start his journey as a Pokémon trainer, Johto gets turned upside down by a strange mist that changes all Pokémon into different species. Ethan is tasked with going to Mt. Silver to investigate the origin of the disaster.
This is a randomizer run turned up to eleven - not only the Pokémon are randomized, but their moves too. So the battles are epic and high-stakes right off the bat, which is incredibly fun to see in a comic! I love watching the Gorebyss use Volt Tackle on the first route, and I shake in fear watching the team have to fight multiple Legendaries before the second Badge! :'D
Besides the exciting setting, this comic is also filled with super adorable characters and lots of drama, so you will barely get a break from having lots of feelings while reading it! So much fun!!

o05raoI.png

index.php

Atychiphobia by @Sarbear

Atychiphobia's Unova is a bit of a troubled place, with a mismanaged League that experiences a high battle mortality rate and places harsh restrictions on trainers and Pokémon that don't really help. But Alyssa, Bianca and Cheren are just happy to be able to start their journey together and make the best out of it.
They are also happy to adopt the weird new kid Ever into their friend group. The first thing we see Ever do is touch a strange artifact in an abandoned lab like someone who does not respect death. That's very rad and I love him very much.
This comic does a great job of balancing an overall serious tone with some funny scenes, it just makes you really appreciate those lighthearted moments. Like Tallulah the Oshawott choosing violence every time while having adorable toe beans.
I'm also all eyezoom emoji at the hints on the deeper lore presented so far (Dreamworld tech being used to study the past???), there's definitely a lot of wild stuff awaiting us!
Lastly, please look at Alyssa's arms. You're welcome.

b3HrSoE.png

OuLev4F.jpg

Sunlocke by @TheTRUEgge

Unlike most people who suddenly find themselves in a different world, Ann doesn't want to go back home. There seems to be a sad reason for that, but let's just focus on the other, happy reason. (: Ann befriends A Lot of awesome Pokémon, and who would want to leave those again?
I mean, I keep saying how much I love how easy the newer games make it to raise a team bigger than 6 Pokémon, but Sunlocke really takes it to the extreme. :'D Soooo many characters, and they're all great and memorable!
Besides that, there is also a lot of great humor (if you enjoy the kind of jokes that make you sigh), and the art style has developed super nicely, letting the beautiful places of Alola really shine! The story is super far in already too, so you get a lot of content and payoff to enjoy~!

1coT9ue.png

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
It’s promo time boys

Unbecome: An Ultra Sun Storylocke by @RisingMew
> Unbecome only started recently, but one single chapter was enough to absolutely hook me. The main character, Ryuu, is a socially awkward runway who begins working in the Aether Foundation’s pokemon conservation program. The writing — Ryuu’s internal voice, the descriptions of her surroundings, interactions with other characters — is super strong and I’ve been waiting with bated breath for the next chapter! This one’s going places, folks!
fuzzball: a joltik solo run of volt white by @Hallow
> If you’re looking for a screenshot run that stands out from most, have I got the run for you! In fuzzball, Erin sets out on a journey to conquer all of Unova with a Joltik by their side that seems to have a mind of its own (and makes adorable screeeee-ing noises.) The commentary is hilarious, the variety of pokemon you see in Volt White is a super nice change from the vanilla BW games, and as of recently there’s been… quite a bit of a twist! Come for the premise, stay for the overleveled Galvantula that keeps getting forced into double & rotation battles even though the only other pokemon in the party are underleveled HM slaves.
My Scarred Heart Beats On by @Fool
> Although this storylocke is still in its first few chapters, it’s been a really entertaining read and I want more people to see it! My Scarred Heart Beats On is a very high fantasy take on Pokemon Blue with an all-human cast. The story was inspired a lot by Dragon Ball and Dark Souls, and it shows because it reads just like an anime. The writing style is really vibrant, the worldbuilding is intriguing, and all in all the story has been super charming and I can’t wait to see more. Go check it out!!

Last edited:

QuietGuardian

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ground
Showstoppers, by @llyarden
Showstoppers is a dual X/Y Nuzlocke with two protagonists, Julian and Eurwen, as they embark on the televised Kalos League challenge. While Julian is a Kalos native who's confident in his abilities, Eurwen is an immigrant from Kanto who knows a lot about battling but very little about the customs of Kalos. It's a gijinka story, which makes things different from usual by itself, but the intricacies of the League offer unique elements of their own. Battling and training have their own interesting rules in this universe, and the characters have intriguing "more than meets the eye" airs to them. The story is currently just at Santalune City, but there's already plenty to get into and make you look forward to more!

RisingMew

Currently yelling about Sw/Sh
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
A calm and nocturnal creature with a fondness for reading.
Woah, this was such a cool thing to wake up to!! I do have to clarify that Unbecome is just a storylocke, though--I don't have the skill for a comic!

Since it seems like we're allowed to promote our own recommendations, I'm going to toss in a few!

@Arawanhe's Frontier Dawn is an intriguing take on HeartGold, where the protagonist is a mysterious special agents of sorts operating under the codename "Gold." It is told in the format of letters between Gold and one of his associates at an organization called Frontier Dawn, which seeks to prevent an impending doomsday :0 The updates are relatively short and sweet, which makes it easy to catch up from the beginning!

@Dee's A Fantastic Factorylocke is a playthrough of a whole new ruleset that focuses on using unpopular and underutilized 'mon! It has only recently started, but its initial updates are full of fun commentary and I am personally very excited to see where it goes!

@Yuna's Letters From Alola is going to be a series of eighteen different monotypelockes of the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon games, each told in the style of letters! The current type is Bug, which has proven to have some unique challenges indeed :0

@Spectacles' The Hippocratic Oath was the inspiration for my own medical-focused storylocke, and it utilizes two incredibly challenging rulesets of the writer's own devising. I have tremendously enjoyed learning more about the protagonist's unfortunate past as he faces the highs and lows of working in the field of Pokèmon medicine, and I cannot recommend it enough to those who enjoy strong, emotional storytelling and a new angle on the traditional nuzlocke!

Faleep

Your local Non-binary ace Fox
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
They’re a new discovery, and they seem to be a mixture of outgoing and shy. Loves things related to art and writing. Somehow writes on mobile
if any of y’all like comedy with a slice of horror, or maybe horror with a slice of comedy? Either way, I want to recommend @Uberle ’s Greens, eggs, and Ham, a great little run that followed Asclepius, also known as Pean, as he travels through Kanto collecting badges... from zombies. along the way are some very interesting mutations, several hidden mysteries, and some very, very, very dubious food.

crashcrashcrash

More like trashtrashtrash, amiright
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 11, 2021
Nature
Brave
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
  2. Flying
Ahhh I could rant about so many more runs than this, but ack this is all the time I got. Some of these are only hidden by nature of being new, so I hope that's ok? ANYWAY! Go appreciate these!

Frontier Dawn by @Arawanhe (Written log)

For the past eighteen years, the Pokémon world has been falling further and further into darkness as a mysterious Phantom starts to awaken. Some of the world’s strongest trainers have come together to deal with the threat in a secret organization called Frontier Dawn, but hope only dwindles as whole regions are plunged into shadows one by one. The run follows Frontier Dawn agent Gold as he scours both Johto and Kanto for the world’s most powerful trainer... and last hope.

Convoluted though it sounds, this run is actually a quick and easy read in the form of correspondence between Gold and Frontier Dawn’s founder. Updates are frequent and digestible, too! It’s both a straightforward retelling of a remarkably successful so far Heartgold run and a thrifty scavenger hunt for lore, as events and character relationships come in and out of focus through these letters. Without spoiling anything, certain recent revelations have really cemented this one on my radar - so I’d like to put it on yours!

Eclipsed by @LintuLady (Comic)

It’s cute, it’s minute, and its starter is a hoot! Eclipsed is still in its early stages but there’s a lot to love about our plucky protag Delilah, her grumpy old starter, her self-administered haircut, and the beautiful, warm Alola where she just moved back! The varied angles and paneling add a lot to the read, turning an already adorable run into a bit of a nailbiter as we navigate the already precarious tutorial sections of Ultra Sun. Anyway, it’s full of promise, and I can’t wait to see where it goes!

Tim’s Very Ordinary Emerald by @Numbuh296 (Comic)

Look. Look. For how long this one’s been running, and how frequently it updates, I can’t believe it hasn’t gotten more attention. Don’t let the title fool you into thinking you aren’t missing much by skipping it: it’s a boatload of fun! Never taking itself too seriously is a major strength, letting humor reign as a storytelling device and goodness, it works. That being said, the usual ups and downs of Nuzlocking are all still there, and the Norman fight in particular carried a lot of real tension!

The comic itself, with its short pages and expressive characters, is a remarkably easy read - I often find myself clicking through the backlog for a good chuckle, and once that starts, it’s hard to stop! The art has improved so much since the starting pages, but the spirit has been there since day one. Also there’s a Minun who has completely stolen my heart and she deserves the world. If you like Hoenn, and Nuzlockes, poking fun at Gym missions and giving Archie and Maxie their what-fors, please go give this a read! You’ll be smiling the whole time.

The Adventures of MUM! by @Ookum Spookums (Comic)

Yo! Tired of all the young kid and teenage protagonists running around? Itching for a bit of age diversity in your Gym challengers? ...Well it says “MUM” right there on the tin, all caps, can’t miss it. But we’re not following any old mum: it’s our own! In a simple but chilling twist on the plot of Sword and Shield, both Hop and Gloria - and by extension, Leon - are out of commission after the kids disappeared in the forbidden Slumbering Weald. So Mum gets to take the reins!

It hasn’t been around that long yet, but if the promise of canon Mum parading around Galar with a traumatized Sobble for the sake of Best Kids isn’t enticing, I don’t know what is!

Speechless by @Kinetic Kimo (Comic)

If you hate words, this is the run for you! Na na in all seriousness though, this is an intriguing run. It’s an experiment in visual storytelling without proper dialogue, relying on expressions and symbols to tell a story instead. Despite that, it’s incredibly legible! And even disregarding its main gimmick, the art itself is so comfy and sweet. Did I mention it’s Firered... with a Cyndaquil starter? So yeah, there’s a lot to pull you into this one. My only complaint is that there isn’t more of it! (I’m sure the artist has good reason to take their time, but it’s been a bit of a waiting game. Even then, whatever’s in store promises to be worth it!)

DistortionLocke

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Anxious, sweet-toothed writer who hides amongst the papers. Only attacks when provoked.
Greens, Eggs, and Ham by @Uberle (Storylocke)
As much as I've been avoiding anything remotely dystopian these days, I've been getting a kick out of Greens, Eggs, and Ham, in which an immortal must traverse Kanto for the badges needed to get into the Pokémon League to get help before Pallet Town is destroyed by a zombie apocalypse, while begrudgingly teaming up with the living embodiment of the plague and having to eat his infected companions in hopes that his blood can generate a cure for the zombie plague WAIT WHAT?!

Unbecome by @RisingMew (Storylocke)
Thirding other people's recommendations of this storylocke; I'm a sucker for stories with runaways and things that aren't what they seem. Plus, it features my favorite shady-ass organization in the franchise! What's not to love?

The Quiet Dark by @Erberor (Storylocke)
I've been loving the shit out of All That We Are, so I was ecstatic when I found The Quiet Dark. In a world where the Sunblessed have taken over and oppress the Moontouched, Vel and her crew are on the run from Sunblessed hunters. Come for the plot, stay for the lore!

Amber Eyes in Neon by @llyarden (Storylocke)
For those of you who thought that Galar was one step away from a dystopian nightmare, this is the storylocke for you! From the creator of Call of the Divines and Path to the Stars.

I Can't Believe It's an Isekai! by @Sterling-Starlight (Screenshot Run)
I'm a sucker for a good isekai, and Sterling's ICBII is indeed a good isekai. Renko falls into the world of Touhou and must work with Bonekas to regain her memories and go home.

Wanted!--A Pokémon Colosseum Nuzlocke by @YumeTsuki (Comic Run)
I enjoy me a good Orre run, and this one drew me in because the protags are OCs instead of Wes and Rui, and despite filling their roles, Yume and Chou are unique and interesting. Plus, their dynamic is hilarious!

Don't Evolve by @Faleep (Storylocke)
Another good zombie run, in which Xe and her friends are split up while trying to get valuable research from Professor Juniper to the Pokémon League to stop the zombie apocalypse. Each character's voice and personality is strong and distinct, including the Pokémon's!

PMD: Rangers of Sky by @solaris127h (Creative Content-Comic)
I love PMD, I love Ranger--so why not both? Eliza is isekai'd into the PMD world as a Woobat after she and her fellow Ranger are attacked by a Tyranitar and makes a deal with the devil a creepy-ass well demon that wants to take down Arceus to survive.

Polymori

A Hot Mess
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon has an over-active imagination and creates more stories than any sane person should.
I have a few I'd love to shove in everyone's faces!

ALU5Rp.png

A Knight's Gale by @FoxRodDraws

A Knight's Gale, a Pokemon Shield Wonderlocke, while still in its infancy has been nothing but an interesting ride so far!
Amazing characterization, intrigue, and who can't help but see the genuine friendship between our protagonist Raiyah and her best friend Hop?
Not to mention the gorgeous art. There is so much hidden potential here, you'd be missing out if you skipped on AKG!

-----
With being the daughter of Alola's most well known couple, the Champion and Co-Founder of Aether Paradise, Raiyah is now excited to finally start her very own Pokemon Journey and follow in her parents footsteps.

What new friends will she encounter? What secrets will she unveil about not only the Galar region, but about herself as well?

yKkKuZ.png

ddvx2im-6f3c7636-983b-4861-a8ac-ce43dd839509.png

Across the Divide by @pkmnMasterWheeler

Across the Divide is a Let's Go Pikachu Nuzlocke about Ash's Pikachu after he gets thrown into another world, and his adventures trying to get back home!~ What crazy adventures await our hero in this strange new world? And will he be able to get back home to Ash?!

Ash and Pikachu find themselves in a very familiar situation... In fact, haven't I seen this before?

Across the Divide is a Let's Go Pikachu Nuzlocke comic! ...but, this doesn't look like Kanto, what's going on here? Guess you'll just have to read and find out for yourselves!~

-----
If you have been around the forums or nuzlocke community at all, You've likely heard of PKMNMasterWHeeler and her prolific productivity. She has a few nuzlocke comics around and all of them great. The greatest of all (in my opinion) is none other than Across the Divide! While Lyra is more well known for her lighter hearted stories and comics, especially with Yellow Nostalgia Locke, Across the Divide shows she is just as capable of writing really heart touching sad moments. While we are just beginning (around the 1st gym now), you will be hard pressed not to fall in love with the cast of colorful characters (despite the greyscale coloring style). Nutmeg, a rattata with self esteem issues and Flash, Ash's pikachu lost in a strange Kanto in search for his beloved trainer. You'll hate to miss this one!

yKkKuZ.png

step_by_step_by_step_banner_by_tailsimp_ddu5wn1-fullview.png

Step By Step By Step by @Tailsimp

Time heals all wounds, or so they say. But scars run deep. When the past seems to offer nothing but hurt, how can you move forward?

Step by Step by Step is a story of recovery, dealing with the past, looking to tomorrow, and living on despite it all. Join Alma and Cynder as they journey across Johto trying to rescue a beloved friend. But when as they get caught up in tragedies from long before their time, can the heal what time hasn't?

-----
While I haven't managed to quite catch up with SbSbS quite yet (I'm doing that today actually, why is time so scarce?) What I have read so far has been a wonderful comic with a lot of emotional give and take. You may find other nuzlockes that touch on topics such as mental health, but rarely do you find many that show such an intimate knowledge of it such as Tails brings to the table. If you like a colorful cast of characters, fun hijinks, and a touch of angst in your comics, look no further than Step by Step by Step!

yKkKuZ.png

sA49zWm.png

Rangers of Sky by @solaris127h & @GreyCorsola

Pokemon Rangers work day and night to protect people and Pokemon, no matter what. When fledgling ranger Eliza is thrown into a whole new world with her friends' lives on the line, what will she do to get everyone back home?

-----
rangers of Sky, while not a nuzlocke, is a wonderful and heart wrenching story about a human turned pokemon in the pokemon mystery dungeon world of Sol's and Grey's own making. While death isn't bound to happen anytime soon, if at all-- they both show that you don't need death to have an engaging and profound story of loss and hardship. If you don't read this, then seriously. What are you doing with your life?

yKkKuZ.png

TheLastUnicornInOz

Alolan Vulpix in the Desert
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Elvia, while living in a hot dessert enviornment, embraces the ice typing, rarely leaving her cool home and often is drawing or creating
YES I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE SOME

efbe322ef3895995e53309e4cbc664281e285a7d.png

Godless Lands: I really like this one the world is so interesting and is a fantasatic take on the Gijinka nuzlocke style!! The worldbuilding is top tier and somehow the artists has gotten incredibly far in the run in only a few months while maintaining a fun style and story. Get ready for some body horror and gore though but excellently drawn and rendered!!!

dds8obt-9ebcfcfb-b22a-4bf8-b049-2cd5b3e8bcb8.png

Debtlocked: Another cool nuzlocke take by focusing on an aspect of the game allot of us gloss over, MONEY. There's something deeply relatable about a protagonist who is setting off on an uncertain journey for the sake of money which we all kinda need to survive. I also must say, this is my favorite depiction of a starly, just, 10/10 good birb.
de4ac77-4f654466-8cfb-42ea-bc72-aa8fc6f6f0c3.png

The Fire Within: I love watching artists grow through their comic. There's something that will always be inspriing about that and that is certainly the case here! I also love our little cast of mons and trainers so please won't you check this one out as well!!!

I prolly have more so i will update then :D

faerieconstellations

🌻🌻🌻
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 14, 2021
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
she/ her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
hello 💖 i would also like to share some love !!

Blank is already such an enticing read for me, even if its only six pages in rn. i’m partial to character-driven stories myself, and with what it’s set-up so far, that’s what the comic promises to be—i'm especially excited to see how the protagonist, Hikari, slots herself into the wider machinations of this world!! if nothing else, check the comic out for its art—particularly it’s character art. the artist makes stunning pages (and a lot of extras that are just a ton of fun)

prior to this comic, i hadn’t encountered pokespe in a nuzlocke before, and Finding Balance is a delightful way to rectify this! the concept in this one is soooo strong.

in this comic, we follow Precious on her journey towards Mt. Coronet (and beyond???? 👀) with her Piplup and her ~bodyguard~ Pearl. the character interactions in this comic is *chef’s kiss* despite being so early on into the comic, the friendship between Precious and Pearl is already so well-established that i can safely say: these idiots (said in the most affectionate tone ever) complete each other. Precious’s Piplup and Pearl’s Chimchar also have a great dynamic i'm looking forward to ima unraveling further for us; also excited to see how these two relate to their trainers more! but even outside of their relationships, the characters just stand so well on their own; Precious especially.

👏 what 👏 a 👏 run 👏 this has been so far

Ashes of Glory is a screenshot run that does such a good job of crafting its characters (hello cute little mystery dungeon-esque images???) the banter happens between Pika and her pokemon (and between her pokemon and each other) is what makes this run for me. and because it’s a nuzlocke of a drayano hack (hello blaze black fshklahf) it’s such a joy to see how Pika gets herself out of (and into) sticky situations brought about by the hack’s enhanced difficulty.

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much
Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
Firstly, thank you to Krisantyne for promoting my comic! Secondly, I'm responsible for several anonymous submissions above, I'm too shy to admit which ones! Seriously, though, give all of the runs mentioned here the love they deserve!

satanicswirlix

Nuzlockes remind me that I don't have friends
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
B̵͎͗e̶͊ͅh̶̩̒ì̸̪n̵̼͐d̸̥̚ ̷̀ͅy̷͎̓o̷͚̊u̶̗̕.̶̻̒
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
it's pronouns-ed "STEEL-ix"
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fairy
  3. Ghost
  4. Poison
  5. Cute
  6. ???
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon fails at life. When she isn't seen animating 2D breasts for her nuzlocke, she often watches anime, or sucks at video games on Twitch.

Wanted! by @YumeTsuki

Wanted! intrigued me from the start from being set in an atypical region alone, but it's a pretty cool read and you should definitely check it out if you like giant canvas sizes, cute dogs, and most importantly, VIOLENCIA! But like, in the good way, ya know? It also stars one of the best dynamic duos out there, amusing enough to rival the likes of Spongebob and Squidward, or Ryuko and Mako. Where was I even going with this? I don't know, and you don't know either, but if you bothered to read this review you should at least read the subject matter.

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. Poison
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you all so much for your contributions! We'll be closing this thread for now. If you missed out on your opportunity to slide a promotion in (and thus participate in day two's thread!), it will repoen on the last day of the Hidden Gems Showcase before being locked permanently.

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
I got a few more! ovob

TNhTkmo.png

Shiro's Trial & Shiro's Quest by @ShiroInu

Shiro's adventures are a whole classic, one of the first Nuzlocke comics ever made. It never really went away, but recently it returned with full steam, giving all of us who are forever stuck in Nuzlocke hell hope that you can indeed finish a comic after almost a decade! And what do you do after finishing a comic? Start another, of course!!
You can't really talk about the second installment without spoiling some of the first, but Mewtwo is literally on the cover, so it should be fine. :'D So Shiro's Trial in Kanto is largely shaped by Mewtwo putting her through great hardships. He does something especially terrible to my favourite team member, you just gotta see this if you love pain, too! :) Involved in Mewtwo's creation, here's also a really good and unique Giovanni.
At the end, Shiro and Mewtwo meet, the purpose of all the torment is revealed, and they have to team up and go to the Hoenn region in order to save it from an impending disaster.
Shiro's Quest focuses on the unique relationship between her and Mewtwo, and the veteran trainer faces new challenges, like a difficult starter Pokémon and the angriest Brendan!
So yeah, read this to experience a fantastic completed story and to follow the next! The art and designs are top quality too, as you can see below. My greatest regret is that I couldn't include any of the amazing jokes in the excerpt here since they tend to require multiple panels. :P

AdO72CR.png

de2hxp5-06b368ec-af34-42e1-8d23-76133b6dfab9.png

Pocket Space by @WildfireWhim

Pocket Space is a Gijinka Nuzlocke with a brilliant, unique setting: There is a virtual world in which people get equipped with Pokémon powers and can participate in the League challenge for sports. It's a popular, fun summer activity for teens and completely safe - if you get hurt too badly in the game, you are returned to the real world unharmed. At least that's how it's supposed to work... As this happens to a member of Bobbie's newly formed team, they realize that something is very wrong.
Besides the sinking feeling of imagining what else could happen in a malfunctioning virtual world that the characters obviously have to stay in until the end of Pokémon FireRed, this comic features awesome casual Gijinka designs, team dynamics that just make you happy because they're all good and sweet kids, and - most importantly - girls holding hands.
I know I say this a lot, but this is definitely one of the comics that makes me eyezoom emoji at every update because I have no idea how the next game event will be interpreted in its setting!

ZYcqyEt.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread