• Drumroll please... The results for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza are up! Congrats to all our participants and our winners this year for the 10th anniversary! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Nuzlocke Ruleset Advice Help With Sinlocke Rules

Thread Description
Help with Creating Rules for Sinlocke

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Hey everyone. Like the title says, I'm looking for some help with building a sinlocke ruleset. The idea is that whenever a Pokemon is caught or received, you roll a 9-sided die with each number assigned to a specific sin. Yes, I'm aware that the number is usually seven, but I wanted some more variety. With each sin, there's a limitation that the Pokemon gets. But I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for all of them and I thought maybe you all would have some better ideas. Here's what I've come up with so far.

• Pride: This Pokemon is too proud to accept help. You cannot swap this Pokemon out of battle after it has been sent out. Until the opponent is defeated, you are stuck there.
  • Wrath: This Pokemon tends to fall into a battle lust. This Pokemon cannot be healed during battle as it is too dangerous to get close during a battle. This includes Berries and healing moves.
  • Envy: This Pokemon is envious of the movesets of other Pokemon. This is because you cannot use TMs or Move tutors to teach them any moves. They must rely on their natural movesets.
  • Greed: This Pokemon will not let you take any item from them. Any item you give them becomes permanently theirs and you can’t swap items or remove them. If you receive/catch them and they are holding an item, you cannot remove it. If they faint, the item stays with them after their death/release.
  • Vanity:
  • Lust:
  • Gluttony: This Pokemon is constantly hungry and must be fed to keep calm. This Pokemon must always be holding a berry. If it loses/eats its berry, then it must be withdrawn and cannot be used until the berry has been replaced.
  • Sloth: This Pokemon is lazy and has to be urged to battle. This Pokemon cannot use any moves during its first turn in battle.
  • Melancholy:
Now there are a few limitations to the rule suggestions.
  1. I don't want any rules based on gender. Since the sin is assigned after the capture is complete, it wouldn't make any sense.
  2. I don't want any rules about the Pokemon having to have a specific move in their movepool. Again this is partially because the sin is assigned after and if a Pokemon can't learn that move, their sin wouldn't make sense. Also this would be difficult in earlier generations where TMs are single use or if the move is a TR in Sword/Shield.
  3. The rule cannot be similar to a rule assigned to another sin. If you want to suggest a rule that is similar to one currently on the list, please also suggest a replacement rule for the other sin.
  4. The rule cannot make Pokemon with that specific sin unplayable.
That should be it. Thanks for any help that you can give!

fractale

The Fan Favorute
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying
Pokédex Entry
this master of winged beasts knows almost everything about flying type pokemons that is known by the man. His rage is dangerous to others around him
Vanity: Vanity is opposite of pride: Pride sees itself more than they already are but Vanity sees themselves less than they are. the pokemon who has Vanity Trait must switch out from battle when their HP is lower than half(unless the opponent traps them), and you cant send them back until their HP is more than half. but as long as their HP is more than half at the begining of the turn; you can declare an attack that Vanity can follow.

Lust: Lust... Lusts for things. the first thing comes to mind is love(i try to make things sfw); but people can lust for knowledge. and the one who Lusts for knowledge do everything to satisfy that lust. the pokemon who carry the trait of Lust must carry a custom moveset; and must learn 4 move from TMs, TRs or tutors(if the spesific mon can use them to learn custom moves)

Melancholy: melancholy is also known as sadness, sorrow, misery, or depression. the pokemon who carries melancholy can't enter a battle when one of their teammates dies; until one of your pokemons evolves or you win a important figth. the figth may be against your ordinary rivals, stronger gym leaders, way stronger ELITE 4 and CHAMPIONS, one of the many legendary pokemon, or a gigantamax pokemon. note that VS legendary must be 1vs1.

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Vanity: Vanity is opposite of pride: Pride sees itself more than they already are but Vanity sees themselves less than they are. the pokemon who has Vanity Trait must switch out from battle when their HP is lower than half(unless the opponent traps them), and you cant send them back until their HP is more than half. but as long as their HP is more than half at the begining of the turn; you can declare an attack that Vanity can follow.

Lust: Lust... Lusts for things. the first thing comes to mind is love(i try to make things sfw); but people can lust for knowledge. and the one who Lusts for knowledge do everything to satisfy that lust. the pokemon who carry the trait of Lust must carry a custom moveset; and must learn 4 move from TMs, TRs or tutors(if the spesific mon can use them to learn custom moves)

Melancholy: melancholy is also known as sadness, sorrow, misery, or depression. the pokemon who carries melancholy can't enter a battle when one of their teammates dies; until one of your pokemons evolves or you win a important figth. the figth may be against your ordinary rivals, stronger gym leaders, way stronger ELITE 4 and CHAMPIONS, one of the many legendary pokemon, or a gigantamax pokemon. note that VS legendary must be 1vs1.
Vanity and Melancholy are interesting, but I'm a bit concerned about Lust for the same reason as rule number 2. In games where TMs are single use, I don't want to constantly have to use them if my Lust Pokemon keep dying. There's also the fact that I'm unsure of how to handle it before I get at least 4 TMs that a Lust Pokemon can use; will they only be allowed to use their TM moves?

But thank you for the help!

fractale

The Fan Favorute
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying
Pokédex Entry
this master of winged beasts knows almost everything about flying type pokemons that is known by the man. His rage is dangerous to others around him
yea... i thought that in the first place too; but it was that or 'can only battle with the opposite/same gender' because of the other part of the rule. and about that; you can change it to ' at least 1 move from various sources. and you can make that ' a move that can be learned from tm/hm' like if your lust mon knows teleport in GEN 1; you dont need to teach that mon a move, because it is a tm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)