Johto League Champion
Hey everyone. Like the title says, I'm looking for some help with building a sinlocke ruleset. The idea is that whenever a Pokemon is caught or received, you roll a 9-sided die with each number assigned to a specific sin. Yes, I'm aware that the number is usually seven, but I wanted some more variety. With each sin, there's a limitation that the Pokemon gets. But I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for all of them and I thought maybe you all would have some better ideas. Here's what I've come up with so far.
- Pride: This Pokemon is too proud to accept help. You cannot swap this Pokemon out of battle after it has been sent out. Until the opponent is defeated, you are stuck there.
- Wrath: This Pokemon tends to fall into a battle lust. This Pokemon cannot be healed during battle as it is too dangerous to get close during a battle. This includes Berries and healing moves.
- Envy: This Pokemon is envious of the movesets of other Pokemon. This is because you cannot use TMs or Move tutors to teach them any moves. They must rely on their natural movesets.
- Greed: This Pokemon will not let you take any item from them. Any item you give them becomes permanently theirs and you can’t swap items or remove them. If you receive/catch them and they are holding an item, you cannot remove it. If they faint, the item stays with them after their death/release.
- Gluttony: This Pokemon is constantly hungry and must be fed to keep calm. This Pokemon must always be holding a berry. If it loses/eats its berry, then it must be withdrawn and cannot be used until the berry has been replaced.
- Sloth: This Pokemon is lazy and has to be urged to battle. This Pokemon cannot use any moves during its first turn in battle.
- I don't want any rules based on gender. Since the sin is assigned after the capture is complete, it wouldn't make any sense.
- I don't want any rules about the Pokemon having to have a specific move in their movepool. Again this is partially because the sin is assigned after and if a Pokemon can't learn that move, their sin wouldn't make sense. Also this would be difficult in earlier generations where TMs are single use or if the move is a TR in Sword/Shield.
- The rule cannot be similar to a rule assigned to another sin. If you want to suggest a rule that is similar to one currently on the list, please also suggest a replacement rule for the other sin.
- The rule cannot make Pokemon with that specific sin unplayable.