Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Just wants to stay home and solve crimes.
Poppy is a Flabebe in seek of evolution, ascension, to become one with her lifelong companion: a yellow flower. Captured, far from home, and among strange 'mon, she will make the journey her own. Friendship and love and that incessant bee's buzzing all be damned.

- May only catch the first Water or Fairy type encountered in an area. Different sections of a route count as separate areas.
- Dupes Clause: may not catch two or more of the same species.
- Area Clause: If an area does not contain a Water or Fairy type, earn one token. This may be used to catch an extra Pokemon from another area. Can only use two tokens per area.
- If a Pokemon faints it is considered dead and must be permanently placed in the PC.
- Nickname all Pokemon.

Gracidea on AO3

Accolades

2018 Nuzlocke Extravaganza

Best Writing Style

Best Introduction to a Written Run

Last edited:

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Since we've moved, I'm just gonna leave a fresh comment saying again how much I thoroughly enjoyed this run. The first-person style made it intensely emotional, the characters were all SO vibrant even filtered through Poppy's cynicism, and the ending was heartbreaking enough to make me cry. Hella good job 💐

Rhema

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
She tries her best, but doesn't succeed. She gets what she wants but not what she needs.
All I can say is wow. I’m about halfway through so I can’t speak to the entirety of the work, but what I’ve read so far is simply magical. I never thought I’d like a literal Pokémon protagonist, but here I am. Poppy is three dimensional and whimsical and *alive*, most of all. Her narration jumps off the page and grips me. What a beautifully written story. I can’t wait to read the second half!

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
Glance, what is it with you and writing storylockes that are fun to read, unique, and absolutely radiant? I know this locke is long finished, but I stumbled upon it, read through the whole thing, and decided that I needed to post a reply to the thread.
I absolutely loved reading this. Poppy was a really fascinating narrator and seeing her interactions with the rest of the team change over time was so sweet. Her dynamic with Lola was especially interesting to me because I’ve never read a storylocke (of a main series game, at least) that placed a single Pokémon at the center of the narrative instead of the trainer. It was really a treat the whole way through (and bonus points for a super, super cute romance.)
Also I loved chapter 8 it fit perfectly

bumblebee

Kanto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon flits from new idea to new idea, never able to settle down.
I just finished reading this and hhhhhhhhh It's so soft and magical. I absolutely love Poppy as a character; it was so incredible seeing everything from her point of view. I've always had a soft spot for grumpy characters turning softer and boy howdy did you deliver on that! Her relationship to Tribs was just...so good and I cannot believe you got me to cry over a Wingull's death that was so heartwrenching ;w;

chapter eight had me rolling

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
It is found roaming the deserts, usually on a back of a Mudsdale. It loves gathering relics of the past.
life is too short for constantly putting a name and mail on the other site just for a comment
such a heart-warming story! Poppy's point of view helped a lot, too, such as the description of swords as "honedge carcasses"

is Poppy addressing to Cutiefly/Ribombee during the whole story?
edit - Zuri

also, is Po a Jigglypuff?

I can tell you right away whoever came up with these tales has never met a fairy in their life. Lola explains that isn’t the point.
Poppy is like - "you dare use my species for your puny folklore???" XD

Felix offers his flipper in congratulations, but I’m dubious as to what he expects from me. I hear a whisper from Tribs that I’m supposed to hit it. My compliance serves as a switch to activate a celebratory back-flip.
the introvert & extrovert guys at full glory :P

Lola all but crammed those sugary beans down his throat. Something about earning his affection.
this sentence has the ugly truth of forced evolution

I love how Tribs serves as the mentor archetype from the start and during Dewpider's death

My kind is unfamiliar to it as well. We gaze at one another, two ‘mon who were never meant to meet, taking each other in until we respect each other’s existence.
beautiful description of the Oranguru encounter, like two old people from different civilizations- they cannot directly communicate, but they understand each other on an unconscious level

Yes, go swoon over the cotton ball while he sucks the life out of the local fish.
unsettling giga drain description :P

Yet another creature plucked from the wild to be hidden away and never seen or heard from again. I wonder when our trainer will be satisfied.
ugly truth again

Losing Tribs is more than I can bear. The white-haired man’s wicked laugh. Lola’s cry.
that took a sinister turn WAY TOO fast! and Guzma's laughter...

about extra part 8 :P

The first thing that comes to my attention when I materialize is all the white. White walls, white floors, white columns.
oppressive white in an ominous Aether building

His scarred face fills my view.
this brings in mind a particular scene from Fight Club (no spoilers)

a metagame comment - Was Poppy holding an Eviolite during the final totem battle? I mean, it could change the course of the story
edit - nope, I just checked its base Defence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)