• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
[November 12, 2019] GoT-ta Catch 'em All! [Spectacles]

Written Story Screenshot Johto Mature GoT-ta Catch 'em All! A Game of Thrones nuzlocke (3/13/21- new fanart! 1/4/21 closing remarks and replies- thank you all so much for reading!)

Thread Description
My first posted playthrough of my A Song of Ice and Fire Types ruleset. Can team Baratheon take the Iron Throne AND beat the Pokemon League?

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Wastelander Nick - Well welcome to the ride!!! :) To answer your question, for the purposes of my own run, Orys and Snubbull are one and the same. Basically, Orys is one of many people who are marked by the Beast, allowing them to enter the Beast Realm. When this happens, the person’s spirit travels to the Beast Realm and takes on the form of a beast (Snubbull) while their human body remains in a trance-like state back in Westeros. I’m actually not familiar with that work by King; but I’ve been meaning to read more of him so maybe I will check it out!
As far as the rule set itself goes, this is not the only way the gameplay/rule set happenings have to be interpreted; this is just my own interpretation.
Also, absolutely hilarious that you chose that meme at the end because I’m pretty sure I use that exact meme at some point in this run. You fit right in here 😂

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
It is found roaming the deserts, usually on a back of a Mudsdale. It loves gathering relics of the past.
Orys rubs his temples. “…Just don’t forget the ale.”
truly medieval spirit! Also Preston broke the spell of scaring away recruiters, thanks to Cleo's bad taste in music :P

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
It is found roaming the deserts, usually on a back of a Mudsdale. It loves gathering relics of the past.
*Back in the Beast Realm, a few days later*

“Hey. I heard you guys have two Beast Realm badges.”

A Huntail and a Lombre approached, both Greyjoy soldiers. It was the Lombre who spoke. When no one answered, he continued. “We’re planning on going all the way to the Hall of Fame here. Maybe if you hand over those badges, we’ll remember you when we’re gods.
random street brawl? I know what that means...

I was like "not her, it's too early" and then I saw the holy and almighty quote "...and the lucky"

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
Mona Arryn was the opposite of Keylan as well. While Keylan smiled boldly and waved to the crowd, Mona blushed and fidgeted nervously, with a dress as modest as she was.

After the ceremony was over, Orys found himself being nudged by Preston.

“So. Whatcha think of this one?”

“Well. From what I gather, she’s not much of a fighter in or out of the Beast Realm, although she has fought before in the-“
"did you even hear the tragedylegend of The All-Terrain Venomoth? It's not a story dwellers of the Beast Realm would tell you" :P
I hope to see Mona the Timid as a Venomoth!

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
“Lady Baratheon,” said the knight. The name was music to Sendriss’s ears. She had told Wynri she could keep calling her by her first name, but she still insisted on using her proper title. “Do you know the legend behind this tower?”
Darth Plagueis the wise strikes again! Ser Wynri sneaks in and indoctrinates :P

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
Chapter 16
The screenshots aren't loaded after the battle with Morty
Did you say that Winter is here? *sinister reindeer bells chiming in the distance*

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
@Wastelander Nick - totally intentional with my trickery with the random street brawl 😅 I was just so impressed that Sendriss survived an Earthquake with her 4x weakness that I just had to include it. And I am HERE for your Star Wars references!!! Idk if you knew that my first posted run was a Star Wars Castlocke, but Star Wars is my jam. Super weird that those screenshots didn’t load in that chapter. I honestly have no idea why and Imgur is such crap now that there’s no way I would be able to go back and fix it. But I checked the next chapter and thankfully it seems like all the screenshots are there so hopefully you won’t run into that again!

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
QUOTE="Spectacles, post: 789665, member: 139"]

comments in italics

The way to the Lake of Rage was long and hard.

The giant roared. “I’LL NEVER LET YOU PASS. I’LL DIE FIRST!”
stoned dude rants and blows up, I'm not funny I know

Unfortunately, after looking around, he quickly found out why. He clenched his fist and cursed. “I’m sorry, Ser Wallace. After all you went through to protect us against the Lannisters…” Orys bowed his head.
just let her breathe, you damned RNG dice!

An unfamiliar voice spoke, breaking him from his mourning. “I am sorry, ñuha āeksio. I tried to come sooner, but it seems I am too late.”
Orys looked up, and saw a creature standing at the edge of the Lake of Rage. Its fur was a deep crimson, and it sparkled like the crystalline water’s surface.
Pretty peaceful for a demonic entity... at least the deep red fits it!

“It’s going to rage.”
“Let it. Save the old man.”
(trade screenshot)
WHOA, DUDE! SERIOUSLY, D U D E!

The dragon broke free from the water’s surface and rocketed into the air with a deafening screech.
THIS UNHOLY GIF

[/QUOTE]

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
“About Casterly Rock,” said Sendriss, “I think we should just leave it empty. It’s not easy ruling over an enemy land. I can tell you that from experience.”
(...)
It was time to let the new lord of Casterly Rock begin its rule.
raiders be like "I fear no man... but that thing... it scares me" :P

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
“I understand your trust, my lord, though I truly mean you no harm. But there is one more thing I have to offer should you allow me on your team.”

“Go on,” said Orys. A strange smile played on the maester’s face.

“I can lead you to the hiding place of Zera Greyjoy.”
the plot acquired THICC PHATT!

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Your sympathy is greatly appreciated in my constant struggle with the RNG. And I'm glad you enjoyed the Giratina trade :) One of my personal favorite moments of the run I think. " the plot acquired THICC PHATT! "; I love it 😆

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
Orys Baratheon,

I am writing to inform you of a great change that has fallen upon Westeros.

Long have the Tullys of Riverrun sat the Iron Throne and ruled the Seven Kingdoms with what could only be described as indifference. When you returned from Essos and slayed your own father to ascend to power, the Tullys did not stir. When you dragged the good name of House Tyrell through the mud with your farce of a marriage, the Tullys did not stir. When you savagely ripped the noble Greyjoys from their home and drove their name to extinction, the Tullys did not stir. And when your evil had finally reached its zenith and you summoned a vicious dragon to burn the Lannister family alive and destroy Casterly Rock, the Tullys still did not stir. Even as the foul beast remains at the ruins of the castle through some dark sorcery, its feral cries echoing throughout the land, they sat upon their throne and covered their ears. Despite our best attempts to plead for action, it was clear the Tullys would not be moved.

And so we decided to take matters into our own hands. The siege did not last long, and the Tullys have surrendered King’s Landing and returned to Riverrun. And my first royal act is to demand that you take responsibility for your deeds and remove the dragon in the ruins from Westeros and any sorcery that goes along with it. Fail to accomplish this task, and be assured that it will be war between us.

Signed,

Margraetta of House Tyrell, First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm
when the RNG hits just right

I’d rather you try to fight them than an angry demon dragon with abandonment issues.”
#justiceforMerlin :p

Not another one.

Not today.
B L O O D Y H E L L

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
I honestly almost gave up entirely and not addressed the death at all. I was gonna tell you guys about it in game, and just…not mention him ever again in the story.
it's best for the nuzlocke to follow the story, for me, so the fact that he returned to protect the human bodies is the best explanation.

The dragon began to glow with a golden light.
Haven't read the rest of the stories yet , but I think we have a winner here. Shoutout to Kotaz, too, for his post game corruption! (after reading chapter 33- still no regrets) #justiceforMerlin

He stood at the threshold, staring long and hard at the two doors in front of him. The stone they were made of was old and worn. One the black door were scratches where the white powder of scored rock lay over the surface of the faults. On the white door, small, nearly imperceptible crevaces harbored black dirt at their base.

Rickard almost laughed. How did it take him this long to understand?
alright, I caught the YinYan/Gen5 reference, but I didn't get it - was he going to become a "destroying angel" in the name of the many faced god?

But thanks to her newfound warg powers and Raincloud’s wings...
shapeshifting? Is Raincloud ok?

congratulations for all of them (story, degree, engagement)!
also you were SO lucky back against Moltres! glad that that battle aligned with the story!
that Perish Song ascension!
and of course, congratulations for you patience to create that ruleset... This story, though, shows that you should never trust RNG!
what if Orys and Sendriss accepted their Beast Realm powers?

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy
Pokédex Entry
I’m glad you liked the way I handled Ser Cleos’s death. That was quite a struggle for me to write into the story but I’m glad to hear it was worth the effort! As for Rickard, pretty much! He was going to join the House of Black and White and give himself fully to the Many-Faced God. I’m not sure if you’re familiar with GoT/ASOIAF, but this is what Arya Stark ended up doing for a time. And Raincloud is just fine! The reveal here is that Sendriss is what’s called a warg, someone who can temporarily take over the bodies of animals. Thank you so much for reading; it’s been great hearing your thoughts on this crazy run :)

M.Matsuda

Derp
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 26, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
i just binged this entire nuzlocke over the course of last night and today, absolutely amazing work.

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy
Pokédex Entry
@M.Matsuda - Super impressed at your reading skills!! That's no easy feat! Thank you so much for reading and I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Also, I just wanted to thank everyone so much for voting for this run in the Extravaganza!! So proud of Orys and Sendriss for taking Best Dynamic, and also very proud of the rest of the cast and the almighty RNG, lets face it, for helping take the title of Best Overall!

Thank you all so much again for your support; couldn't have done it without you!

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Hi all! My sister made me this piece of fan art for my birthday this year and I wanted to share it with yall! Thank you all again for your support!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)