• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Thread Description
Updates every Sunday

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Kalea is relateable and valid. That battle was awesome-! Who would want to have missed a second of it? (Besides, thr patient clearly wants to watch too!)

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
Aww Yiss, finally up to date again!
the anime battle is cool as always!
I always get a bit grossed out when pokemon or anyone use water move as they seems to be shooting large amount of spit, lol.
Is Katsu also a Hawaiian word?

pkmnMasterWheeler

Maker of Too Many Comics
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Cute
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't read this comic in quite sometime, and forgot how much I love it!!!
Ayy! Well welcome back! Glad to hear ur enjoying it~ ;3c
Kalea is relateable and valid. That battle was awesome-! Who would want to have missed a second of it? (Besides, thr patient clearly wants to watch too!)
Exactly~ The patient wants to watch too so it's all fine~
Aww Yiss, finally up to date again!
the anime battle is cool as always!
I always get a bit grossed out when pokemon or anyone use water move as they seems to be shooting large amount of spit, lol.
Is Katsu also a Hawaiian word?
Aww yee~ Thanks!~ And it's fine, I promise it's only a little spit and mostly water~ ;3c And Katsu is actually japanese!~

dep5khf-2defbb7c-9e38-4144-8d95-9c9a8f682fc2.png

dep1ck2-ba50bf00-3259-4ff1-92be-634fc4de2104.png

Time for some Episode 6 hype!~ What sketchy encounter might our heroes have?~ And what's a start to your journey without a little preparation and a dramatic group pose!~

Also I just wanted to let you all know that from here on Golden Sun will only be updating every other week. Sadly I'm having a hard time keeping up with getting pages done in time for weekly updates :'3

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual lorewriter and worldbuilder. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Also I just wanted to let you all know that from here on Golden Sun will only be updating every other week. Sadly I'm having a hard time keeping up with getting pages done in time for weekly updates :'3
Perfectly understandable, given how many projects you're working on! Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

DreamNotePrincess

Creative Writer with a BIG Imagination
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2021
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Has a lot of imagination for stories! Could never stop writing!
Ayy! Well welcome back! Glad to hear ur enjoying it~ ;3c

Exactly~ The patient wants to watch too so it's all fine~

Aww yee~ Thanks!~ And it's fine, I promise it's only a little spit and mostly water~ ;3c And Katsu is actually japanese!~

dep5khf-2defbb7c-9e38-4144-8d95-9c9a8f682fc2.png

dep1ck2-ba50bf00-3259-4ff1-92be-634fc4de2104.png

Time for some Episode 6 hype!~ What sketchy encounter might our heroes have?~ And what's a start to your journey without a little preparation and a dramatic group pose!~

I understand! I get the feeling.

Also the group pose is so cute!! ^^

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Ahhh I love the group pose! Especially that we have Kali doing the same thing as Ash, Katsu who is used to this enthusiasm, and Moana who seems a bit surprised at it still lmao.

pkmnMasterWheeler

Maker of Too Many Comics
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Cute
Perfectly understandable, given how many projects you're working on! Looking forward to seeing how this goes.
Thanks!~
I understand! I get the feeling.

Also the group pose is so cute!! ^^
Thank you! (And my kids are always cute regardless of pose~ ;3c)
Ahhh I love the group pose! Especially that we have Kali doing the same thing as Ash, Katsu who is used to this enthusiasm, and Moana who seems a bit surprised at it still lmao.
Thank! Moana still isn't ready for these rowdy bois~ ;3c

The scolding was worth it! Nurse Joy finally got her autograph!~

DreamNotePrincess

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2021
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Sometimes it is worth getting an autograph!! ^^ Also Moana on Ash's head is so CUTE!!! ^^

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
"It's hard to get anything cool when she's- aaaand she's right behind me isn't she?"

Also I love Lillie's face in the last panel. It's that perfect amount of "awkwardly standing there as an argument is starting" mixed with "glad that isn't me."

pkmnMasterWheeler

Maker of Too Many Comics
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Cute
Sometimes it is worth getting an autograph!! ^^ Also Moana on Ash's head is so CUTE!!! ^^
Autographs are important! Especially from Ash~ Also head Moana is the most bean!~
"It's hard to get anything cool when she's- aaaand she's right behind me isn't she?"

Also I love Lillie's face in the last panel. It's that perfect amount of "awkwardly standing there as an argument is starting" mixed with "glad that isn't me."
Heh~ Exactly~ And thanks!~

Hmm, this page looks different~ That's cause it was drawn by the super amazing @Zero ! To help me get more pages done since I've been falling behind :'3 So thanks so much Zero!~

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
^^ happy to help! it was fun doing my best to copy your style hehee~

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual lorewriter and worldbuilder. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Nice work Zero! Honestly, I didn't even realize anything was different.

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Oh the power of you two collabing on a page is very powerful to see! I love all the expressions here- especially the last two panels. Come on Hau, let Ash brag about his super cool Kalos League battles!!!

DreamNotePrincess

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2021
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Can't wait to see Lillie's reaction Ash's time in the Kalos League! Also I love the collab you and Zero did it looks amazing ^^

pkmnMasterWheeler

Maker of Too Many Comics
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Cute
^^ happy to help! it was fun doing my best to copy your style hehee~
;3c I can't believe Zero is such a super awesome friend~
Nice work Zero! Honestly, I didn't even realize anything was different.
Ayy~ She did a real good job at it!~
Oh the power of you two collabing on a page is very powerful to see! I love all the expressions here- especially the last two panels. Come on Hau, let Ash brag about his super cool Kalos League battles!!!
Our power is too much for this world! And the best part about someone else rendering is I can be liek ISN'T IT THO??? Zero's expression game is fantastic!~
Can't wait to see Lillie's reaction Ash's time in the Kalos League! Also I love the collab you and Zero did it looks amazing ^^
It's gonna be fun~ And thanks!~

See, back when I originally planned this, remembering Ash's past achievements was unheard of! But Journeys is actually perfectly comfortable acknowledging what Ash has done in the past U:

DreamNotePrincess

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2021
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Need to catch up on Journeys now that you mentioned it, but can't wait to hear the story!
Also love that Lillie has some sass.

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Omg I love sassy lillie so much. Also great job on that pose in the middle panel- it looks fantastic~!

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Man I remember that episode, Ash nearly getting disqualified because of some punk trainer and Ash couldn't just say no and get past the guy without a fight. Kalos was a good league.

pkmnMasterWheeler

Maker of Too Many Comics
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Cute
Need to catch up on Journeys now that you mentioned it, but can't wait to hear the story!
Also love that Lillie has some sass.
Man, same, I'm like, 30-40 episodes behind :'3 And sassy Lillie is best!~
Omg I love sassy lillie so much. Also great job on that pose in the middle panel- it looks fantastic~!
Sass was the important missing ingredient from Lillie~ And thanks!~
Man I remember that episode, Ash nearly getting disqualified because of some punk trainer and Ash couldn't just say no and get past the guy without a fight. Kalos was a good league.
Fun times~ And an especially good league compared to the last two we got! (shudders in Cameron and Tobias)

What's this? Acknowledging Ash's past achievements?!?!!?! ...Well, that was impressive and unique when I FIRST started this comic, but Journeys kinda does that now too, soooo, yeah U:

Also as you may have noticed if u read any of my other comics, I shall be taking a month off from comic posting to get some rest and hopefully kick this art funk in the butt! So we will be back on November 21 for more Golden Sun action!~

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Heeeeeck yeah! The big matchup! I really love the way you did that second panel. RIP everything they threw against Greninja.

Users who are viewing this thread