• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Thread Description
Updates every Sunday

pkmnMasterWheeler

Maker of Too Many Comics
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Cute
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I mean, she's got a point. Even combat can be elegant.
Exactly~ Altho I think the problem is Buizel doesn't want his combat to be elegant~
I'm not sure what is better, Moana's excitement after being inspired by Buizel's battling, or Buizel's saltiness at being called elegant and fancy. Now you would think he would like someone looking up to him...
He doesn't want people to look up to him that way~ He wants people to look up to him cause he's cool and tough not pretty and elegant~
If you don't wanna be called fancy, maybe you should't put on your fancy pants when you battle, bui
He can't help it! It's in his nature to show off~

Aqua Jet hype! Come on Buizel, u know u wanna~ (Also don't think I missed that almost bad word young man V:<)

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Aqua jet for mobility, makes a lot of sense given the lack of legs on the wee sea lion. I enjoy pikachu's teasing of buizel.

pkmnMasterWheeler

Maker of Too Many Comics
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Cute
Aqua jet for mobility, makes a lot of sense given the lack of legs on the wee sea lion. I enjoy pikachu's teasing of buizel.
Yee~ Good for mobility, can learn the Ice Aqua Jet for contests, it fits great!~

Psh, don't be silly~ What's a little recording you teach someone to do something new between friends!~

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
For the battle, both Pikachu and Buizel were experienced, and they sure showed it. I like how they kept dodging attacks, how Pikachu took advantage of the anime smoke to get off a surprise attack, and how Buizel used ice aqua jet to protect himself. Lillie recording Buizel teaching Moana aqua jet is a pretty good idea. I imagine that it could be used as a sort of TM that could be used to each other pokemon Aqua Jet in the future. Still air having less resistance than water is a nice way to explain why aqua jet has priority. Though why do I have the bad feeling that she's either going to fall after it stops way up, or she's going to crash into the ground at great force since she's not used to how easy it is.

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Lyyyyra you've gotten so good at these water effects! And NYOOOOOM off she goes! Let's just hope she can stick the landing.

pkmnMasterWheeler

Maker of Too Many Comics
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Cute
For the battle, both Pikachu and Buizel were experienced, and they sure showed it. I like how they kept dodging attacks, how Pikachu took advantage of the anime smoke to get off a surprise attack, and how Buizel used ice aqua jet to protect himself. Lillie recording Buizel teaching Moana aqua jet is a pretty good idea. I imagine that it could be used as a sort of TM that could be used to each other pokemon Aqua Jet in the future. Still air having less resistance than water is a nice way to explain why aqua jet has priority. Though why do I have the bad feeling that she's either going to fall after it stops way up, or she's going to crash into the ground at great force since she's not used to how easy it is.
Pikachu and Buizel showin off their cool skills~ And maybe! I always thought the best interpretation for TMs in a story~ And I dunno what you're talking about, clearly Moana is gonna pull off this Aqua Jet no problem~
Lyyyyra you've gotten so good at these water effects! And NYOOOOOM off she goes! Let's just hope she can stick the landing.
Thanks!~ She's off! (And she uh, certainly lands)

Op, guess she still has some kinks to work out in the execution

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
I like how Moana's still learning. I wonder if her clumsiness with aqua jet will show up in a battle or two before she's fully used to it. Though knowing Ash he'll probably do some training with Moana to make sure she's ready to use it in her first battle/contest. Buizel never did include telling her how to stop without hitting anyone in his lesson though.

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Robot lover by day, robot lover by night as well. This Pokemon spits out a comic page about once a month before scuttling back into its room.
Hello I love Moana with my entire being and I want nothing but good things for her. This entire scene is just so adorable!! I love little character interaction like this, it feels right at home with the spirit of the anime.

pkmnMasterWheeler

Maker of Too Many Comics
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Cute
I like how Moana's still learning. I wonder if her clumsiness with aqua jet will show up in a battle or two before she's fully used to it. Though knowing Ash he'll probably do some training with Moana to make sure she's ready to use it in her first battle/contest. Buizel never did include telling her how to stop without hitting anyone in his lesson though.
We'll see~ I'm sure even with a bit of practice a bit of on the field experience is needed to perfect it~ And Buizel up in here like "I just crash with style"
Hello I love Moana with my entire being and I want nothing but good things for her. This entire scene is just so adorable!! I love little character interaction like this, it feels right at home with the spirit of the anime.
She's such a good bean!~ And thanks!~

Name reveal hype! I can finally use Katsu's name in public!~ Also intro cards for the mons! I know it's been a while since Moana was introduced, but since this was the first time she (and Kaholo) really got to shine as characters I thought it'd be a fitting place to put em~

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Katsu is a perfect name for Buizel. It sounds like one of those tough underdog anime protagonists who loves to fight. I wonder how much longer Katsu is going to stay. On one hand, he was just called here to help Moana with contests and probably wasn't a catch(you can get Floatzel in ultra space at the earliest). On the other he loves battles and this is a perfect chance for Katsu to travel with Ash again.

pkmnMasterWheeler

Maker of Too Many Comics
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Cute
Katsu is a perfect name for Buizel. It sounds like one of those tough underdog anime protagonists who loves to fight. I wonder how much longer Katsu is going to stay. On one hand, he was just called here to help Moana with contests and probably wasn't a catch(you can get Floatzel in ultra space at the earliest). On the other he loves battles and this is a perfect chance for Katsu to travel with Ash again.
Thanks! And yee, Katsu wasn't a catch, but he's gotta stay at LEAST long enough to see Moana's first contest!~

And now for a new nickname for Kaholo!~ I'm glad to finally be revealing this cause Kaholo was a name I picked before I planned on doing a comic off of this, and didn't SUPER feel like it fit Pikachu, Kali on the other hand feels great to me~

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
"short and cute like you" 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀

pkmnMasterWheeler

Maker of Too Many Comics
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Cute
"short and cute like you" 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀
Not gonna lie, sounds kinda gay Katsu!~
Kali is a much better name than Kaholo. It feels a lot nicer to say.
Yee~ And it feels like it fits Ash's Pikachu better~

And that concludes Episode 5 of Golden Sun: A Flash and a Splash! We got a sick new team member in Katsu, a sick new nickname for Kali, and Moana is well on her way to learning Aqua Jet~ As per usual Golden Sun will be going on a month long hiatus, but not before one last silly extra page Next week! And then we'll be back on August 15th for Episode 6!~

pkmnMasterWheeler

Maker of Too Many Comics
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Cute

DreamNotePrincess

Creative Writer with a BIG Imagination
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2021
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Has a lot of imagination for stories! Could never stop writing!
I haven't read this comic in quite sometime, and forgot how much I love it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread