• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The promotional period for the 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has begun. Go shout from the rooftops about your favorite runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
[May 7, 2021] Godless Lands [vizarding]

Comic Unova Teen Gijinka Godless Lands - A Pokemon White Gijinkalocke

Thread Description
a Lesbian Gijinkalocke about ritual fights for your God

vizarding

bug aficionado
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 20, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A artist hailing from the land of Stephen King's Maine, avoiding evil clowns and drawing day and night.
7a8c2a37a5aab45faee89bb4be3d04f7462a35b3.png

Welcome to the land of Unova, a civilization thriving under the protection of its very many Gods. Praying to the Gods grants one the Gift of Power, and the Gift of Growth.

There is a God to worship for almost anything, but the major pantheon is defined by eight major shrines set up in cities across the lands, and the hierarchy is maintained by those who dwell upon the Mountain on High, by the Great Four the Champion themself whom everyone in the Unova region pays tribute to. Pokemon may take a Pilgrimage once they reach a certain age to bring renown to their own God they worship under their household. Spreading the good word and accumulating followers to their cause to possibly take their worship to new heights and honor their God as Champion.

The 'Godless' are those who abandon the great shrines and choose to do their worship alone, without the flair of the cities and the festivals, known for occasionally straying from their singular prayer to seek refuge among those seeking a Pilgrimage. N, a Zorua, an advocate for the Godless and Team Plasma, wishes to tear down the walls of secular worship and unite the region. He will stop at nothing to achieve this goal, even ripping the pantheon down itself.

Saffron is a young Oshawott, just of age to begin her Pilgrimage. She is a prodigy, gifted with swiftness and a cool head, and is the eldest daughter of the Priestess of Uriel, Goddess of Death. Most fear to speak their name, for fear of invoking their icy hold, and Saffron's mother wishes to change that with her daughter's journey. But Saffron does not wish to go. But her wants barely matter under their roof. Perhaps leaving might give her a sense of purpose which she lacks.

---
Hello! My name is Alan (he/him) and this is my nuzlocke comic! I've been doing nuzlockes for a decade now, wild to think about, and I thought this comic would be a nice cool down in the event of my other comic work. It's for fun, mostly, and a chance to play through Unova with an Oshawott again which I missed terribly. I wanted to do a Gijinkalocke, but what I always get hung up on is how to interpret the trainers, which is when I had this fun little idea to make them gods! Pokemon dedicate themselves to their trainer, so why not!

The rules for this nuzlocke are as follows.
  • If a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and placed in a box labeled 'grave' and can not be used again.
  • Can only catch the first pokemon in each route
    • Let's Go Lesbians clause: I must catch the first girl of the area because I'm a dumb lesbian who doesn't want to write men.​
      • If the pokemon is genderlocked or agender, it must be caught anyway.​
    • Gift pokemon are free
    • Dupes clause
    • Shiny clause
  • All Pokemon must be named.
  • Blackout is not game over, you must pick yourself up and go with what's in the box!

8cec6b836343868c1080d731f3e98e9111ced17a.png

911310bf8329176006f1ed504639c482dc5842de.png

76b34ba135080f3d48c7152dcbfeca705a8dd0d2.png

df6194d410bca72547e30f1e43724328012c1f6e.png

Update schedule has yet to be decided yet! Sorry about that, I want to get a feel for the comic first.

Last edited:

Uberle

Lur King
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
Pokédex Entry
Stays in the distortion dimension where no one bothers him
Well this is an opening

Really like the concept of the trainers just being literal gods
And our protag here has the death goddess as a mother
..... I feel like that'll result in some problems for Saffron

Looking solid so far, can't wait to see what's next

localhoney

the smooth jazz of bastards
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Poison
N, a Zorua, an advocate for the Godless and Team Plasma, wishes to tear down the walls of secular worship and unite the region.
This is already very 👀

I love anything to do with Unova, and this is no different. Love the twist on the first two starter battles that are usually kinda lame and making them pull their own weight as far as some potential worldbuilding. Definitely going to follow along with this one!

vizarding

bug aficionado
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 20, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A artist hailing from the land of Stephen King's Maine, avoiding evil clowns and drawing day and night.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you for the positive feedback! I'm glad it's interesting so far!

I think I'll try to update once a week, but we'll see if I can keep that pace. It depends on how much I cover per part.

And now, issue 2!
7b7d310d637094728e0ddf5f8c83cd68ba6d40f7.png

572685361627f857a197d29fb1b6dd1d7385d662.png

53c9f05ddc7f2881a65ff84d11c1d5f48a2ca4d2.png

bumblebee

Kanto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon flits from new idea to new idea, never able to settle down.
I love this art style so much??? It fits perfectly with the story's bleak vibe. Also as Uberle pointed out, Saffron's goddess made me go 👀

Andy is just such a sweetheart, I just want her to be safe and happy ;w;

localhoney

Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Poison
Oh shit. Love the design for N and (presumably) Ghetsis, as well as the way that you drew the Water Gun. Excited to see your take on this Godless conflict and how it comes to a boil as the story progresses.

Great work!

Uberle

Lur King
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
Pokédex Entry
Stays in the distortion dimension where no one bothers him
Saffron is taking precisely zero shit from anyone and I am here for it

vizarding

bug aficionado
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 20, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Hello! New update! Thanks again for all the nice words :) I'm glad people are enjoying so far!

95cad7ab2e59d29d3f30949860c1bb754b683e56.png

acf1ca9a7633cc1e945ac5e77bff76103e70c704.png

d5ce2fc69aa0ce60cd3e2b9e7544d4800d3042fb.png

61f864a3c9db71e716c8497de0db3faf5a3f039e.png

On the way to Straiton, Saffron got a crit hit that left her with one hp so I thought I'd have her in a sling to reference that little incident. Cody was only level 10 when I took on the gym bc grinding without audino is madness in unova, but she survived! i didn't need to call in reinforcements! also it only took me two tries to reset for a girl, can you believe it?

bumblebee

Kanto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
I've only known Cody for a minute, but I love her so much.

Your style of drawing battles is so good! There's such a dynamic flow to it, the different angles and the closeups make it such an intense battle. I'm curious as to how Cody felt after being yanked (literally and metaphorically I guess) into a battle, that she seemed really hesitant about 🤔

vizarding

bug aficionado
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 20, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Update time!

a1a59c1e28cdd4d274e5844dd5c1aadfbb25837a.png

5433bf67738a0642065af7f03ddf70e2651d185d.png

f56cd44e0ab2151f6c8b3e00928962696b18187b.png
The fight against the grunts was easy and then I managed to catch a munna in the grass so I just combined the two. Nothing about a Fennel quest, sorry! Also I realized I forgot to write in the initial rules that gift pokemon are free but there's so little gift pokemon in unova......

localhoney

Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Poison
Your battles are so fluid and dramatic, I'm in love 😍 I'm glad Saffron finds space for all of the Godless in her pilgrimage even though she doesn't even want to do it. Loving the addition of Cody and Sunday, and their designs too.

bumblebee

Kanto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
I just noticed this, but I love how you conceptualize each character's personality by their speech bubbles! I absolutely love Sunday and her design, she's just so pretty 😍

sociopathicotter

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
Pokédex Entry
enjoys unnecessary anime references and stupid meta humor in webcomics
this is such a creative take on black and white and it's absolutely amazing! i love how you took the team plasma focus in unova and actually displayed it from the pokemon's point of view, and the way you integrated nuzlocke rules into "followers" is sick. super nice stuff here!

Nessi

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
Oh Man what a cool concept! What a way to start

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
cool start so far! its feels like its own original comic even though its a pokemon run

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
Last time I checked there were only one page, but suddenly there are already 4??
Saffron might be an oshawott, but you are the one who knows the move aqua jet!

with the main character being follower of Goddess of death I figure there will be many happening in this run
I guess when it happen, it won;y be our usual nuzlocke death, eh?

your design are pretty neat! you should make character reference sheet for them!

Neowth

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
I don't really care tbh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
A dork from the North
Hello! New update! Thanks again for all the nice words :) I'm glad people are enjoying so far!

95cad7ab2e59d29d3f30949860c1bb754b683e56.png

acf1ca9a7633cc1e945ac5e77bff76103e70c704.png

d5ce2fc69aa0ce60cd3e2b9e7544d4800d3042fb.png

61f864a3c9db71e716c8497de0db3faf5a3f039e.png

On the way to Straiton, Saffron got a crit hit that left her with one hp so I thought I'd have her in a sling to reference that little incident. Cody was only level 10 when I took on the gym bc grinding without audino is madness in unova, but she survived! i didn't need to call in reinforcements! also it only took me two tries to reset for a girl, can you believe it?

Hi, It is I, the manager of Protect Cody Squad

Love the run and the idea behind it! Amazing job

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Wow this is a really neat premise for a run. I like the complicated relationships with religion the various characters are expressing. This is a really solid start you've got so far!

vizarding

bug aficionado
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 20, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Hello! One more update for this weekend! Thank you all for the lovely comments!
@localhoney : thank you! Doing this comic is a practice for fight scenes so I'm glad to know I'm succeeding.
@bumblebee : I try to have speech bubbles have their own personality, along with dialogue, so you can tell who's talking!
@sociopathicotter : Fun fact, I originally was thinking a Kanto nuzlocke of frlg w the idea, but then thinking abt it more, I felt like it would go better with BW's story! W the overarching themes and freedom of choice.
@Velink : Eheheh I've been told I draw fast before, and I've just been utilizing my days off to draw. I do have roughs for all their base designs but maybe once I get a more solid team I'll clean them up and post them! Thanks for the compliments.

And thank you to everyone for the general compliments you're all SO sweet I'm not sure what else to say!

And now the update!
75674737009b094d9fc52cfe7dda105a16afb86f.png

84c894e0e47729e1c61f2dd71b38cbcf70520b51.png

cc25fef42af6e26903b450434c5f4ed34c9b6109.png

b84ca8d0c04bfd6d526b326cac888697eb04a6fb.png

Til next weekend that will be my next update!

localhoney

Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Poison
Saffron's really got it goin' on XD but more seriously, I do love that you've introduced a little intraparty conflict here. I'm so used to most runs just having the main band just be merry and try and get along, but having Saffron at the helm turns that on its head. I wonder how large her congregation will grow and how its size might affect Uriel's influence... very exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread