Paldea Let's Play Mixed Media General [Gen IX Spoilers + Ash-era anime hints!] [ON HIATUS] Kimberly's Pokémon Violet Experience

Do you think I should do the DLC and have a different spiritual guardian during that time?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thread Description
Currently on hiatus, but Discord server is open!

SerenityVitality

A Student of Uva Academy
Badges
Pronouns
She/Her
Dex Entry The newest student of Uva Academy, who suffers from amnesia. Despite having no set path, harming her or any of her friends will make her snap in rage.
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 16, 2022
Nature
Modest
[Generation 9 spoilers ahead!]

Kimberly's Pokémon Violet Experience
After being thrown from her normal life into the world of Pokémon, an amnesic young teenage girl named Kimberly becomes unable to remember her past. She learns that she must explore Paldea in order to recover her memories, and maybe even discover her greatest treasure along the way. The biggest problem, however, is whether or not she'll eventually be able to get back home to the ones she loves...
Welcome to the open-world of Paldea! I've been extremely eager and excited to get to enjoy a totally new game. First of all, this will be a fandubbed run, but there's a chance that I may add artwork (and maybe a comic or two) along the way. The main goal of this run is to allow you guys to enjoy my experience, so I will be posting the run as I go and never play more than one update ahead of the last post, so you can get my authentic reaction to everything.

I'll kindly ask of you guys to avoid spoilers in the comments so we can keep the experience as special as we can. However, do feel to share your thoughts, hint to me things if you want to, explain things to me that I got wrong, etc. And feel highly encouraged to take part in this, comment, share your thoughts, criticize, etc - as I wrote above my desire here is for us to enjoy this adventure as a team, that's why I'm posting it here and as I go. This run will have no clear schedule as my life is just too busy and unpredictable to allow me to stick to one, but I'll do my best to keep the updates frequent as I play.

Finally, here are the rules for the run. I won't be using anything too stupid unlike some Nuzlocke runs (especially since I'm not making this run a Nuzlocke anyways):
  • Considering how this is not a Nuzlocke, I am allowed to catch as many Pokémon in each area as I like.​
  • A Pokémon doesn't "die" when it faints. Again, not a Nuzlocke. However, I may still need to box certain PKMN at points.​
  • No dupes.​
  • If I find a Shiny, I'll catch it right away!​
  • I must nickname all my Pokémon.​
  • Due to suffering from amnesia (not in-game), I will not be allowed to recall anything from past games I've played.​
  • My starter, a female Sprigatito nicknamed Flora, will always be the first in my party unless I'm training or a weakness is applied to the Trainer I'm facing. She must also not evolve at all costs, for I feel like evolving her could remove her cuteness, and I want her to stay cute forever.​
  • Once I catch a male Pikachu (although catching a female one is also okay - meaning I won't apply the Dupe Clause in that case), I cannot have more than one (two if counting Miraidon) Electric-type in my party. Said Pikachu must also be the second member of my party at all costs unless a weakness is applied to the Trainer I'm facing. Like Ash's Pikachu, I will NOT be evolving him at all.​

I'll be posting the first part once I get the game (I don't have it right now) and get the voices cast, so expect me to start the run once I do!

Last edited:
OP
SerenityVitality

SerenityVitality

A Student of Uva Academy
Badges
Pronouns
She/Her
Dex Entry The newest student of Uva Academy, who suffers from amnesia. Despite having no set path, harming her or any of her friends will make her snap in rage.
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 16, 2022
Nature
Modest
Decided to write a prologue to this fandubbed run, so let's begin! The actual Episode 1 will come out once everything is all set!

The new games, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, came out recently, and a young girl named Kimberly was so excited to finally explore Paldea. She wanted to attend school and go on a treasure hunt. She knew that her starter was going to be a Sprigatito, but she had no idea what to name it. However, she did not get the game like she wanted, instead being forced to watch others' playthroughs without spoiling herself. She never watched the trailers anyways, because she considered them to be too much.

She didn't realize that the adventure that she would get would be far from what she would expect...
###
Nothing.

It's all she felt for what seemed like an eternity. It was a strange half-asleep drifting sensation, floating in a dreamlike haze. She had these weird dreams lately, like were any of them real... or not...?

"Hello? Who's there?" a voice from nowhere asked.

"Sorry, who's this?" she replied in confusion.

"Please help me, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!"
###
"AH!"

Kimberly woke up in fright on her bed. She panted really heard, disturbed by what had just happened. "Not again," she spoke to herself out loud. She then looked at her Nintendo Switch.

It was now 6 AM.

"Nonononononono! UGH! I can't believe I almost overslept!" The young girl jumped out of her bed and moments later, she was already changed to her favorite outfit. It was Friday, and she had already gotten a dollar from her mother, who usually takes her to school. Once it was 7:44 AM, Kimberly arrived at the school and said goodbye to her mother before walking in. She did her work like usual, although because of her recent dreams, she ended up slowing down. Eventually, it was time to go outside and play... but she wasn't interested in playing.

As she sat on the swing and enjoyed herself, she thought about those dreams and why the spirit of a certain French warrior that she is a fan of couldn't protect her. Being in a private school and a girl who lived a simple life, she never had any clue on what to expect. Those thoughts, however, faded when she noticed two 8th graders playing rough with a basketball. And she did not like fights one bit. "KNOCK IT OFF, BOYS!" Kimberly shouted as she ran to the fight. She was hit, however, and got crushed, blacking out. Noticing that she was severely injured, the teachers decided to get emergency medical care right away as soon as they report the rough behavior to the front office.

As everyone left, however, they didn't realize that Kimberly suddenly disappeared.
###
"Hey... wake up! Wake up, girl!"

Kimberly slowly opened her eyes, and found herself in a dark blue void. However, there was someone looking at her. This person appeared to be a male, with raven-black hair and brown eyes. He wore a cap and a very familiar-looking outfit... somehow. A yellow mouse with a lightning bolt-shaped tail hopped into his shoulder. "Are you okay?"

Kimberly felt very light-headed, but she managed to speak something out of "I think so... where am I?" "I'm Ash Ketchum, and this is my partner Pikachu," the boy spoke to her. Pikachu spoke "Pika!", but Kimberly didn't mind. "Hey, what's with those markings on your cheeks? They're so similar to mine!" Ash suddenly spoke.

Kimberly looked at the mirror that she had Ash hold, and she realized something changed. She clearly had lightning bolt-shaped markings on her cheeks, just like him. She then looked down, and she found herself wearing a different uniform.

"I'm with you, Kimberly. Go on, and explore Paldea for me, 'kay?"

Before the young girl could say or do anything, everything went white, and she whited out.
###
She woke up in a bed, but the room she was in was unfamiliar to her. In fact, nothing looked familiar at all. What... happened to me...? Who am I...? she asked herself. As she looked around, she suddenly noticed a red star-shaped necklace on her neck. Next, she noticed a light pink purse on a chair, and finally something else on the table.

The photo looked similar to her, and it turns out that something unexpected had just happened: she was enrolled in an academy - the Uva Academy.

Last edited:

pinkshellos

a suspiciously buggish sea slug
Badges
Pronouns
they/them
Dex Entry A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates them more than companionship is food.
Pronouns
they/them
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Ooooo, interesting story so far! I wonder how the rule about having a male pikachu in your party will tie in to Kimberly’s story & her dream(?) run-in with Ash.

OP
SerenityVitality

SerenityVitality

A Student of Uva Academy
Badges
Pronouns
She/Her
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 16, 2022
Nature
Modest
@pinkshellos We'll find out soon enough.

Well, it looks like I'll have to mark this as "INACTIVE" for now. I've decided to finish Scarlet first before officially starting Violet. Don't worry guys, I'll get back to it eventually!

OP
SerenityVitality

SerenityVitality

A Student of Uva Academy
Badges
Pronouns
She/Her
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 16, 2022
Nature
Modest

Should have revealed this the exact day I posted this, but the fandub teaser trailer is finally out! When I finally get the time to start my adventure in Violet, the first few VAs of the cast will be revealed!

In the meantime, enjoy!

OP
SerenityVitality

SerenityVitality

A Student of Uva Academy
Badges
Pronouns
She/Her
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 16, 2022
Nature
Modest
OP
SerenityVitality

SerenityVitality

A Student of Uva Academy
Badges
Pronouns
She/Her
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 16, 2022
Nature
Modest

The out-of-game auditions are now open! In-game roles coming soon!

OP
SerenityVitality

SerenityVitality

A Student of Uva Academy
Badges
Pronouns
She/Her
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 16, 2022
Nature
Modest
Hey there everyone! The first two episodes are in the works! We also got our confirmed voices for the first episode (since the second will only have a three of those voices)! In appearance and ignoring unnamed NPCs, they are...

OinkitySploink as Director Clavell
Myself as Kimberly
HoneyMustard33 as Mom
CinderPrint as Nemona

We hope you'll enjoy the first two episodes of the Pokémon Violet fandub!

OP
SerenityVitality

SerenityVitality

A Student of Uva Academy
Badges
Pronouns
She/Her
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 16, 2022
Nature
Modest
More voices have been confirmed for the fandub, but after watching a Pokémon Horizons clip in Japanese, I'm starting to become unsure whether I should do the post-game and the DLC after I finish the main story... that unknown Pokémon actually got my attention.

I also think I may need a second spiritual guardian (the first and current one is Ash) for the duration of the DLC. So... the question is... should I keep fandubbing Violet after I complete the main story? Or should I stop there?

Users who are viewing this thread