• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Hoenn Other Media Teen GBB's Sixlocke Series - Part 03 [PLAYING: Emerald] [Last Updated: November 30th, 2021]

When should I evolve Meso?

• As soon as possible

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Wait until a certain point (comment when I should do it!)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Not until the very end game

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Description
Wherein I try to nuzlocke a game using only six random Pokémon.

greenbeanbottle

My nuzlockes are beyond human understanding
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
If you're reading this, you mistook a human person for a Pokémon. Get outta here, ya goofus.
Next Leg (Emerald, Leg 02) ==>

Phew... home sweet Hoenn. I've been away from this for too long. Let's get back into this.

To those of you who followed my previous Sixlocke adventures, welcome back! Hoo boy, I've been preparing a lot for this one, and I hope you enjoy this as you have my last couple of adventures. As for any newcomers, welcome to my Sixlocke Series! It's a nuzlocke ruleset I made myself over the course of a few... well, months of optimizing it, so I hope you enjoy! And, in case you're curious, I have my last two Sixlocke adventures here (for Yellow) and here (for Crystal). As I have mentioned before, these are not at all required reading, but I might reference them every once in a while and if you wanted some context, you can check out those runs.

As for this run... I've been sooooo excited for it! Generation III was the generation that first introduced me to Pokémon, with my first-ever game being Ruby version and my second-ever game being Leaf Green. As you can imagine, it was a rather... formative experience, you might say. So that's why, today, I'll be taking a trip to my childhood... and doing neither of them. Oops? Well, Emerald is a much more full experience than Ruby or Sapphire would be, so it's still good. So, while I might have... *ahem* struggled a bit in Crystal, with Johto being a bit of an unfamiliar region for me, but this game is much more familiar to me, so this should maybe be easier? Maybe I should see my team before I make any claims...

Anyways, for now... welcome to...

K5Jt8RU.png

As always, for our newcomers... my very thorough and definitely-not-overly-complicated rules!

QOlDFKq.png

So, in Crystal, the run was a fair bit longer than my Yellow run because there was that extremely long postgame... well, that's because my ruleset mandates that I beat Red. However, since Steven doesn't cause a credits roll upon his defeat, we do not need to fight Steven, which is a load off of my mind. But this run probably won't be a walk in the park, but I'm feeling a little more prepared for this one. So long as my team doesn't suck, I have a pretty good feeling about this! So, let's not dilly-dally. Presenting the team for the Emerald Sixlocke!

FdPZR1v.png

m4wugJf.png

Go6ipGU.png

tsqqu81.png

0JuFpIr.png

NmoETPo.png

Ah, feels good to get a new game going. Let's just jump in, I'm raring to go!

WIuHEtp.png

DWtu9hi.png

JV2KRpx.png

mtzywyW.png

mDc2GdR.png

FmxB10O.png

xMPBDIh.png

M3jfOnH.png

lqNUANw.png

y9qFe22.png

QPGIzpY.png

===

mZt7AO7.png

JOt3diD.png

yiyFxcS.png

CONgr1o.png

FXosdjA.png

BXygrds.png

3tu81Mt.png

1svCGcf.png

8qPbYzw.png

FjUXXRY.png

===

2lPUBD1.png

vIBg1zm.png

===

BudHal0.png

r5l2lPk.png

d4H7GhO.png

65RZOzf.png

nGG0dyt.png

cpvwASa.png

CXKaOks.png

ZQ126Dc.png

gI3b1FC.png

whAxgpJ.png

===

sJIBDm6.png

Is6vGEW.png

YBhMfPU.png

VbgFVL3.png

225XikC.png

5yzwXjw.png

vKO5F4Q.png

vaZgZyZ.png

WeOg2fV.png

COyDVRw.png

vtRz8Sg.png

T9TslEi.png

0LmoNSI.png

===

wCDdSnF.png

2gzScbG.png

x6iM0kT.png

EDIlAof.png

xpZIMX4.png

EFMngtI.png

fKwNdD9.png

VymQ3HH.png

97CcAF9.png

nZmqddB.png

===

rhppEgT.png

r0dhJcI.png

ZEEMsYU.png

64QYVPu.png

fpLQsHe.png

mq5Vfq1.png

DFHUa39.png

Oes8jQE.png

qAhirvP.png

FmxqXjg.png

OLYZZui.png

wNft7Al.png

KAm1t2x.png

lsnQkIs.png

8gXOu4f.png

QwwYVO3.png

GFYtU8C.png

03Ve9jy.png

yjenoMU.png

V6op6Mv.png

0TxeRFr.png

l0wy2ot.png
hfgi9Q5.png

iaq5w9J.png

WqPsnbM.png

3ORHAkh.png

HXsvwcj.png

rdkbPTc.png

Aaaand that's another leg in the books! As always, I must say for our newcomers, that I do update about once a week or so since my work typically eats up my week... but I'll try my best to get these out in reasonable time! And as always, for my returners, thanks for all the support and I hope you'll continue to enjoy my series as we go into Generation III. Until next time though, stay safe out there. : )

Last edited:

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
Yoooooo i’ve Been checking for this for forever let’s goooo

Pretty solid team this time, nowhere near the type overlap crystal had. Should be fun! Especially since you got a lot of niche, underused mons. (Ninetales, Hariyama, Seaking, Illumise) I’m looking forward to the next update!

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
At least you aren't stuck with 4 Water Types this time.

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
The RNG went "you did so well with an underwhelming but last time! Have TWO underwhelming bugs this time!"

Also when I saw Exo I actually gasped. A BABY!!! Plz protect him at all costs

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
YESSSSS EMERALD BABY!!!! ruby was also my first game, so i feel you deeply there. im so excited!!!!

ever since i read a run where an illumise absolutely tanked a self-destruct, i've been interested in runnin one myself, but hey! YOU HAVE MY FAVORITE BUG WITH YOU, and you're gonna use my favorite leg of its evo! man, shedinja is SO COOL

i remember havin a really fun time with it in a casual playthrough, so i have my fingers crossed for ya

Moon

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They, Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Because they're the two rarest types, they're the rarest pokemon. Yes, that's logical. No, there aren't other Ghost/Ice types. Froslass doesn't exist.
Emerald!
You named your pokemon after the levels of the atmos-
oh it's because of rayquaza isn't it
But!
the troposphere, mesosphere, stratosphere, magnetosphere, exosphere, and thermosphere!
neat naming scheme!

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Hooray a new chapter of the Sixlocke adventures!

Solid team, pretty average overall I'd say. Somewhere between your OP Gen I team and underwhelming Gen II teams. Tropo is a great pokemon to have in this game and has the potential to be your MVP along with Magneto (even with the Def- nature). I do believe Meso will surprise you and prove her worth in some unexpected battles, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Exo is quite a nice addition being a Fire type. I guess Thermo and Strato are your weakest mons, though honestly none of them are really useless so you'll have a nice variety of pokemon in your team. I predict Flannery and Winona giving you some trouble though.

Best of luck!

MelloNyello

El Gran Pepega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 16, 2021
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
Tri/Hard
Pokémon Type
  1. Flying
  2. ???
Petition to rename this series to Hexlocke

Lumaeus

The Hero of Vine
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is trying its best to fight the good fight.
I'm very happy to see this team has a little more variety than last time. Though I loved that whole team, the almost-monolocke has now been completed. Let's do something new! Pretty good mix of one-form and one-evolution Pokemon too. The natures may be less than ideal, but nature can't beat your nurture!

Is there any chance you might decide to take on Steven at the end, if you're feeling good and your team's well? I don't feel like it's at all necessary, but I'm curious whether you view the endpoint as a mandatory surcease or the point of victory-which-usually-but-not-obligatorily-coincides=with-being-done.

The Shedinja roll is a rough one, if at once one that provides a potential for the occasional easy win. My mixed sympathies!

Honestly, it's much less of a stretch if you consider that both Norman and Elm are arguably academic elite. Elm's a professor and Norm runs a gym that deliberately teaches children about various pokestrats. Back at my graduate school, we had a section just off campus where all the professors lived in school-subsidized housing (since in southern CA, even their generous six-figure salaries didn't go far on the uncontrolled housing market). Same thing here.

I look forward to seeing you end up using a goldeen's peck to take out Brawly, when you for whatever reason opt to leave Magneto out.

greenbeanbottle

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
If you're reading this, you mistook a human person for a Pokémon. Get outta here, ya goofus.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
<== Previous Leg (Emerald, Leg 01)‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Next Leg (Emerald, Leg 03) ==>

Yoooooo i’ve Been checking for this for forever let’s goooo

Pretty solid team this time, nowhere near the type overlap crystal had. Should be fun! Especially since you got a lot of niche, underused mons. (Ninetales, Hariyama, Seaking, Illumise) I’m looking forward to the next update!

I'm definitely into this team! I'm especially excited about Makuhita, Illumise, and Vulpix. They're definitely going to be important to keep around, as I don't have too much experience with them and I think they have a lot of potential...

At least you aren't stuck with 4 Water Types this time.

Truuuuuuth. No offense to Hokkaido and the crew, of course.

The RNG went "you did so well with an underwhelming but last time! Have TWO underwhelming bugs this time!"

Also when I saw Exo I actually gasped. A BABY!!! Plz protect him at all costs

I think Thermo could be decent. Definitely worried about Meso, though, since I'm stuck with evolving her into a Shedinja. I'll have to plan around that...

YESSSSS EMERALD BABY!!!! ruby was also my first game, so i feel you deeply there. im so excited!!!!

ever since i read a run where an illumise absolutely tanked a self-destruct, i've been interested in runnin one myself, but hey! YOU HAVE MY FAVORITE BUG WITH YOU, and you're gonna use my favorite leg of its evo! man, shedinja is SO COOL

i remember havin a really fun time with it in a casual playthrough, so i have my fingers crossed for ya

RUBY STANS UNITE!!!

I wish I shared the same enthusiasm about Shedinja though. I think it's a really creative design and is definitely cool, but using it is gonna be... tricky. Especially since one mistake = death.

Emerald!
You named your pokemon after the levels of the atmos-
oh it's because of rayquaza isn't it
But!
the troposphere, mesosphere, stratosphere, magnetosphere, exosphere, and thermosphere!
neat naming scheme!

Yep! I struggled to think about what the naming theme would be this time around, and I originally was gonna go with mountains. Thought this would fit better and was easier to type out over and over.

Hooray a new chapter of the Sixlocke adventures!

Solid team, pretty average overall I'd say. Somewhere between your OP Gen I team and underwhelming Gen II teams. Tropo is a great pokemon to have in this game and has the potential to be your MVP along with Magneto (even with the Def- nature). I do believe Meso will surprise you and prove her worth in some unexpected battles, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Exo is quite a nice addition being a Fire type. I guess Thermo and Strato are your weakest mons, though honestly none of them are really useless so you'll have a nice variety of pokemon in your team. I predict Flannery and Winona giving you some trouble though.

Best of luck!

Hmm, I didn't even think about Flannery being tough, shoot. I think we should survive Winona provided Strato survives, since Ice Beam pretty much takes out all of Winona's 'mons outside of Skarmory and Pelipper, but those aren't the big threats. Flannery could definitely be trouble but that's where Tropo's Thick Fat might come in handy.

Petition to rename this series to Hexlocke

Y'know, I thought about it, but it sounded very Ghost-type monolocke to me. Also "sixlocke" rolled off the tongue nicely.

I'm very happy to see this team has a little more variety than last time. Though I loved that whole team, the almost-monolocke has now been completed. Let's do something new! Pretty good mix of one-form and one-evolution Pokemon too. The natures may be less than ideal, but nature can't beat your nurture!

Is there any chance you might decide to take on Steven at the end, if you're feeling good and your team's well? I don't feel like it's at all necessary, but I'm curious whether you view the endpoint as a mandatory surcease or the point of victory-which-usually-but-not-obligatorily-coincides=with-being-done.

The Shedinja roll is a rough one, if at once one that provides a potential for the occasional easy win. My mixed sympathies!

Honestly, it's much less of a stretch if you consider that both Norman and Elm are arguably academic elite. Elm's a professor and Norm runs a gym that deliberately teaches children about various pokestrats. Back at my graduate school, we had a section just off campus where all the professors lived in school-subsidized housing (since in southern CA, even their generous six-figure salaries didn't go far on the uncontrolled housing market). Same thing here.

I look forward to seeing you end up using a goldeen's peck to take out Brawly, when you for whatever reason opt to leave Magneto out.

Usually my take on whether a battle "counts" for the end of the nuzlocke is if it triggers a credits roll. I've flip-flopped on whether to keep going and beat Steven, and it's certainly something I might add on as an "extra" battle that doesn't count for the sixlocke, but not sure yet.

Phew, thanks for waiting so patiently for the next update guys! Things have gotten really busy on my end and I hardly ever have much time to work on these in this September-October stretch... but, with the Thanksgiving break and winter break on the horizon, I can say that this will be a temporary lull in updates and that I'll be trying to push more of these out on a regular schedule once those breaks come around! In any case, you're here for action, you're here for suspense... so let's get on with it and continue our Emerald adventure!

xGzO0Xj.png

Kv94Pth.png

Am3fzXi.png

nl8aUK4.png

5zuRnrN.png

DU8iGBM.png

nMeMCJO.png

sCiDeVF.png

jfpJJxT.png

Su0gKf0.png

Qsqm0tf.png

AmESiyD.png

===

SssPULb.png

rSw3sYC.png

lGgmERm.png

3kbFPkC.png

E7kRMev.png

lQuSSr9.png

UY6Uow7.png

5rAID0S.png

vzxgRI3.png

NZ6n4UF.png

ShNOiEO.png

YmvfZS6.png

KDdzOwi.png

0K5A4nL.png

AZYyOQh.png

HyIxccS.png

sL61bVQ.png

yrjXg63.png

===

KSF1rAT.png

WbqFqWB.png

yAPZyHX.png

pGX3i83.png

3FOnCJy.png

ccZMANX.png

ohwtDZK.png

===

G86YUma.png

hZIZRGK.png

V00mX4t.png

VBcOMBy.png

cQvyW7J.png

eO81QY7.png

KKmU5iU.png

qBSoTNM.png

L5OOIAB.png

t8vjqF9.png

FZJotIp.png

===

famClFC.png

UBneZC7.png

BolM3Lg.png

yMfV8F9.png

sFZ18A8.png

WNwpQdq.png

N7xEp0S.png

DS8hMHk.png

McZ7zZ9.png

HAEEC3s.png

3RQvjUH.png

D3ahL1o.png

NA10IHe.png

6S0tYlU.png

eWJTNQm.png

Xj93gDE.png

Pxw44Tf.png

qTZZZPl.png

ZjlAQuC.png
1f63Qaz.png

rhmgMpd.png

0OnJQ4o.png

0t2HCWH.png

LXMZnsA.png

a38D4vg.png

And that takes care of that!! Thanks for bearing with me on this extremely delayed post... but school work should be letting up a little bit in a few weeks, so I'm looking forward to getting in some more posts soon. But thanks again for your patience, and also... check out the poll! I literally don't have any idea what to do with Meso's situation, so let me know your opinions! Until next time, though, thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Lumaeus

The Hero of Vine
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is trying its best to fight the good fight.
Congrats on a great leg, mostly. I say mostly because, I mean, that Torchic! It's got two more evolutions and way better moves coming and it incinerated your defenses already? Until Seaking, you're gonna have a time dealing with that. Please exercise all caution when going past Slateport.

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
good luck with your schoolwork!! i was super happy to see magneto thrive this leg, it was really cool. worried about everyone else though...it feels like may is going to be a huge deal due to that torchic

i have faith in you though!!!

(loudly campaigns for shedinja)

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
That was one tough chicken!

I'm just going to say it - Magneto is going to be this run's Hokkaido (well, no one can be as useful as Hokkaido, but she will sure be useful!).

Moon

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They, Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Because they're the two rarest types, they're the rarest pokemon. Yes, that's logical. No, there aren't other Ghost/Ice types. Froslass doesn't exist.

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
Haha metal birb go brrrr

QuietGuardian

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ground
All right, here we go again! Team isn't exactly stellar, but there are some good ones, and I find it an interesting challenge to have to use Pokémon that normally aren't that good. Speaking of which, I voted to evolve Meso as soon as you can—she won't be able to do much as a Nincada, and as a Shedinja, you can basically hold it in reserve for fights when it's invulnerable, because when you can't take any damage, how strong do you really need to be? Not optimal, sure, but it seems to me like it'll work.

I think part of the reason that May fight was so challenging was that you got Torchic into Blaze range, so its Ember got a 50% power boost. Don't know how easy that'll be to avoid going forward, but it's something to think about—though probably just for the next rival battle, since after that May kinda stops being any sort of threat.

And finally, congratulations! You've really caught my attention with this run and series, so I went a wrote a feature letting everyone know how good it is!

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Ayyy, you made it! DEFINITELY gonna have to keep an eye on that Torchic going forwards, especially after it evolves... Blaziken can be a terror to face, even without being super-effective against a solid half of your team... they learn Aerial Ace by level up, too, IIRC, so watch out for Tropo!

greenbeanbottle

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
<== Previous Leg (Emerald, Leg 02)‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Next Leg (Emerald, Leg 04) ==>

Congrats on a great leg, mostly. I say mostly because, I mean, that Torchic! It's got two more evolutions and way better moves coming and it incinerated your defenses already? Until Seaking, you're gonna have a time dealing with that. Please exercise all caution when going past Slateport.

Yeah... I didn't really recognize our overwhelming weakness to Fire and Flying right off the bat, so that's gonna be tough to overcome until Goldeen gets the Surf and Ice Beam HM/TM. Definitely not looking forward to that next rival battle...

good luck with your schoolwork!! i was super happy to see magneto thrive this leg, it was really cool. worried about everyone else though...it feels like may is going to be a huge deal due to that torchic

i have faith in you though!!!

(loudly campaigns for shedinja)

I really wish I knew how to use Shedinja better. I don't feel like I trust myself not to make a mistake and forget that a Pokémon has a certain move that'll just immediately KO Shedinja...

That was one tough chicken!

I'm just going to say it - Magneto is going to be this run's Hokkaido (well, no one can be as useful as Hokkaido, but she will sure be useful!).

I certainly hope Magneto can be the run's MVP! Right now it's between her and Tropo but it's early enough in the run, so it's anyone's game by the end.

The way you said 'the goods' makes me think it's drugs.
Now I think Devon is selling drugs.

The 'Making out duo' is hilarious though.

The "MAKING OUT DUO" were so progressive for 2005 standards.

Haha metal birb go brrrr

I hope metal birb can continue to go brrrr

All right, here we go again! Team isn't exactly stellar, but there are some good ones, and I find it an interesting challenge to have to use Pokémon that normally aren't that good. Speaking of which, I voted to evolve Meso as soon as you can—she won't be able to do much as a Nincada, and as a Shedinja, you can basically hold it in reserve for fights when it's invulnerable, because when you can't take any damage, how strong do you really need to be? Not optimal, sure, but it seems to me like it'll work.

I think part of the reason that May fight was so challenging was that you got Torchic into Blaze range, so its Ember got a 50% power boost. Don't know how easy that'll be to avoid going forward, but it's something to think about—though probably just for the next rival battle, since after that May kinda stops being any sort of threat.

And finally, congratulations! You've really caught my attention with this run and series, so I went a wrote a feature letting everyone know how good it is!

Okay, going to take my time responding to this comment because OMG I read your feature and I'm so flattered 🥺 I really am glad that you have enjoyed the concept and the presentation so far! And you took the time to write a feature for it... truly, I am humbled and appreciate that a lot! I hope to continue to do your feature justice and keep the Sixlocke series going! I've definitely got a few ideas in store for the future... so I'm super excited to keep getting these out!! 🤩

Ayyy, you made it! DEFINITELY gonna have to keep an eye on that Torchic going forwards, especially after it evolves... Blaziken can be a terror to face, even without being super-effective against a solid half of your team... they learn Aerial Ace by level up, too, IIRC, so watch out for Tropo!

Yeah, that battle definitely turned out tougher than it should have... thankfully May's team becomes a non-issue after the next battle for the most part in Emerald, so as long as I can get past the next rival battle unscathed, I'll feel pretty good. That being said, we have other challenges to worry about...

Hey, it didn't take me two weeks to update this thing again! Thank the lord. Well, I'm not quite out of the woods on the long school stretch, but I've found a little time to work on this, and besides, I don't play the next leg in advance of posting, and I really want to keep playing, so let's not waste any more time! We've got a rival and Gym Leader to beat... let's hope we can do it while keep death at bay!

WbtM8JS.png

9gglplN.png

KoexKOc.png

I8Qejzv.png

CPIdwyk.png

uC5bU1B.png

hCwMgI4.png

SsfrSt1.png

dPYPMT3.png

bL84Xym.png

bJxzokY.png

===

NGgY3BK.png

fQDu8xZ.png

rV3kEup.png

GngnhX1.png

WLsOp4m.png

kLW7yAe.png

9vmBbeX.png

izvU05D.png

VpZMswd.png

EL9Oehk.png

===

v4ef8dI.png

qSamyfA.png

LC1mpwj.png

OcmnORy.png

qHEwjxY.png

mjyqa60.png

FvPxHjJ.png

g9OBGzq.png

M4YtOhE.png

PoRTIO0.png

sTfaYmm.png

dg0tLzO.png

tOtePoM.png

E4rUAbb.png

RQjbE3X.png

i9XNIts.png

flDufp7.png

yNTwLZM.png

lhZAW9X.png

SrREY7r.png

yzcW8K4.png

boC8aby.png

Kni1RwD.png

l0rSEj7.png

0yQwiQn.png

wORArZ6.png

mCOrB8H.png

nuTwpFY.png

eOSFTBX.png

HTH6b6j.png

===

5EsUHyO.png

hQwnUz5.png

Whliyng.png

TFMfJ0H.png

L1ljd5y.png

QqeGxhH.png

pgDqw2y.png

tytrWas.png

===

yydbksQ.png

b72XbF7.png

JqiG4Qr.png

kwmUACJ.png

AB7Cv1y.png

yry1tag.png

jvEIdHu.png

QxLyHY2.png

qyFWf0n.png

xbf8DIB.png

TropbG0.png

P5Xb9Ok.png

JV5ppZs.png

2nqx0HK.png

KCO4Ukp.png

uhvTRJV.png

LiiSfb1.png

lDN9lxi.png
VIIRCNj.png

NinkEwK.png

JUuSEP1.png

Unxv2Sf.png

fKdLRTJ.png

GRzfmWN.png

Phew... that was a pretty tough leg. I may have a lot of experience with Hoenn, with it being the region that introduced me to Pokémon, but I'm certainly a little pensive about what's to come. I guess I give myself a little too much credit on that front... Yellow and Crystal have pretty exploitable AI so I guess they made me a little soft, lol. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the next one, and as always I appreciate y'all for reading. See ya next time! (Hopefully I can start to pump out quicker updates soon!)

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
I'd say Exo was the Pokemon you'd want to lose the most on Hoenn. Since this is Emerald you just get more Water and not as many Steel types to deal with. It's still bad, especially at this point, but later on you'll probably be fine if you can get past Flannery.

Hariyama and Skarmory will be the hard carries I think.

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Damn, losing Exo hurts :/, but hi it could have been worse losing one of your fabulous two. Great seeing Meso2 doing its part.

Users who are viewing this thread