• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Hoenn Other Media Teen GBB's Sixlocke Series - Part 03 [PLAYING: Emerald] [Last Updated: November 20th, 2021]

When should I evolve Meso?

• As soon as possible

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Wait until a certain point (comment when I should do it!)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Not until the very end game

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Description
Wherein I try to nuzlocke a game using only six random Pokémon.

Moon

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They, Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Because they're the two rarest types, they're the rarest pokemon. Yes, that's logical. No, there aren't other Ghost/Ice types. Froslass doesn't exist.
bL84Xym.png
alola but whatever
NO GOD DANGIT THIS EARLY?!

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
D: noo, poor exo

ngl meso being safe and cozy in the daycare gettin stronger sounds pretty sweet. at least one member of the team is safe

god may is going to be a killer, isn't she....

HalfTimeShow

A big ol' dumbo
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
What the diddly heckin darn is goin on here
Just spent the day catching up on all of your Sixlockes, frankly they're incredible and you deserve a massive pat on the back for your formatting.

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
i always preferred chrome to firefox

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Nooooo... not the fox baby... 😭

QuietGuardian

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ground
Glad you liked your feature so much; this series certainly deserves it!

Although, oof, things are getting a lot tougher now, aren't they? I'm sorry to see Exo go, but to be honest, I don't know how much he would have helped against the next leg, since he wouldn't be able to evolve before Flannery and she's tough. (Although I suppose his Fire immunity could've been useful for absorbing attacks on the switch.) Tropo's really going to need to pull his weight here—all 560 pounds of it—and Strato might be a key player, too, if only with Water Sport and a resistance to Fire. But if you can make it past Flannery with both Tropo and Magneto, they should be a lot of help against Norman. Best of luck!

greenbeanbottle

My nuzlockes are beyond human understanding
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
If you're reading this, you mistook a human person for a Pokémon. Get outta here, ya goofus.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
<== Previous Leg (Emerald, Leg 03)‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Next Leg ==>

I'd say Exo was the Pokemon you'd want to lose the most on Hoenn. Since this is Emerald you just get more Water and not as many Steel types to deal with. It's still bad, especially at this point, but later on you'll probably be fine if you can get past Flannery.

Hariyama and Skarmory will be the hard carries I think.

Yeah, I thought about that and realized how much of a potential liability Exo would be in the late game, so I'm not particularly torn up over it, but I do think it's going to be impactful with Flannery on the horizon. Not having Flash Fire for that is pretty unfortunate as I can't use Exo as a pivot if I need it.

Damn, losing Exo hurts :/, but hi it could have been worse losing one of your fabulous two. Great seeing Meso2 doing its part.

Pour one out for Exo.
Meso has a really good matchup against Wattson. Unfortunately that level of helpfulness likely isn't to last until Juan... which Meso may not even get to, but hey.

alola but whatever

NO GOD DANGIT THIS EARLY?!

Lol for some reason Alola never registers to me. It's like that generation didn't leave a lasting impression on my brain. That being said, I wonder which region has the most traversable water routes... it might be Galar now thanks to the Isle of Armor but I honestly couldn't tell you how many traversable water routes Alola has. Hoenn has quite its fair share though.

Yeah, having an early death is not ideal... at least Osaka in the last run made it to Leg 05.

D: noo, poor exo

ngl meso being safe and cozy in the daycare gettin stronger sounds pretty sweet. at least one member of the team is safe

god may is going to be a killer, isn't she....

Meso being in the daycare is pretty much the epitome of what I do with 'mons I can't do much in battle with... just pawn them off and let them be someone else's problem!! #outsourcing

I'm actually not too concerned about May going forward, especially since we won't have much to worry about with her starter by that point since Strato will finally have Water STAB by the time our next battle happens. Still, if Strato dies before then... well, then we might have a problem.

Just spent the day catching up on all of your Sixlockes, frankly they're incredible and you deserve a massive pat on the back for your formatting.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you've enjoyed them so far. I try my best on the presentation so thank you for the kind words. : )

i always preferred chrome to firefox

Same tbh

Nooooo... not the fox baby... 😭

The good ones always die so young. : (

Glad you liked your feature so much; this series certainly deserves it!

Although, oof, things are getting a lot tougher now, aren't they? I'm sorry to see Exo go, but to be honest, I don't know how much he would have helped against the next leg, since he wouldn't be able to evolve before Flannery and she's tough. (Although I suppose his Fire immunity could've been useful for absorbing attacks on the switch.) Tropo's really going to need to pull his weight here—all 560 pounds of it—and Strato might be a key player, too, if only with Water Sport and a resistance to Fire. But if you can make it past Flannery with both Tropo and Magneto, they should be a lot of help against Norman. Best of luck!

Hoenn is surprisingly tough as a lot of Gym leaders are actually quite difficult to handle. That being said, my team doesn't really help... Flannery and Winona are both opponents that stand to have quite an advantage over my team full of Fire and Flying weaknesses. Hoping that we'll be able to get around them both.

Ahhh, finally, I'm off of school for a week and I can get back to work on this series! (In between playing through Shining Pearl, of course.) As fun as my personal, non-Nuzlocke run of Shining Pearl has been so far, I gotta make sure that this series doesn't get delayed more than it has been over the last few weeks, so let's just get into Leg 04! We've got a really tough opponent in Flannery coming up - especially so since 3/5 members of the team are weak to Fire. If we don't play this carefully, we might just have another death... or more... let's see how we did.

0TWhOUp.png

PeDhGv1.png

e09i72A.png

oUzKvLH.png

s1caJI2.png

1GYyW3x.png

JmdnsIa.png

HNrrvG2.png

DCbtXnq.png

whSCQyQ.png

LpEF7OZ.png

4xm6hml.png

===

JYCruAu.png

IOxrX9e.png

3Xfw5pJ.png

lFSsusK.png

5z8zrM0.png

XbYIItT.png

pV9eYXV.png

RTbgvnO.png

===

uKDZr3G.png

jKvRYYM.png

6DUK4Jr.png

UygFBLW.png

p0Lzq8V.png

GjCgV6Y.png

oliEa3A.png

4KIf13Y.png

mjvF08y.png

GjJPaVG.png

WEzJjvz.png

KSCuI8s.png

K6BwYDU.png

I48Se09.png

TOwBCjH.png

RkGVDz1.png

9oA89lY.png

iATfQkO.png

u40t3hz.png

jX5vaO6.png

Cy01EJf.png

===

TTnbzED.png

B6JKOfF.png

iA3pw7B.png

Mm9dO5f.png

gePoRv6.png

2XV603x.png

9o0YsSn.png

Px1lmlk.png

z4dyuEe.png

===

ha6PqeG.png

iBDXgZi.png

vISZxII.png

ys5lUOU.png

Gu6YO22.png

O0546Ry.png

OhCp9WE.png

k3PIaOw.png

3ZDJi2c.png

FEZz42M.png

MjNE7Iv.png

M4poKkI.png

P60LltM.png

4zD361X.png

Yc692aw.png

WAdEK2M.png

n6xD8Y1.png

7dEd8PR.png

9uWfwCx.png

MVHGat0.png

UOGH5K0.png

EZaNzcN.png

CfAXoPU.png

Als3Rdh.png

zE5ngTB.png

cIfMHdw.png

Cg0rG4N.png

Nb4Zccx.png

wXJRRp9.png

hnrmrnC.png

3bHNkEf.png

POLz6mq.png

KU0q02L.png

rDWnbSf.png

AEEsnzH.png

IckoLVN.png

2qcBL6T.png

6SiyqR0.png

yOObkgu.png

JqDyhWy.png
XB5HekD.png

2bvP69D.png

kRr3U8A.png

tbCPHQR.png

zf702Ks.png

PCKe5nQ.png

Fun fact - the Red battle made up only 30 panels, so Flannery's battle sets a new record for longest battle in the sixlocke series... quite a feat, although I guess a max of two screenshots per picture, it's bound to get pretty long. Anyhow, with the holidays coming around, got a lot of break time, but my old laptop is on the fritz so I'm probably gonna need to get a new computer soon... gonna take some time to transfer everything over, most likely. In any case, things are just starting to heat up so I'm looking forward to posting again soon! GBB out.

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
I too want to know how Magneto survived that Overheat. Maybe someone who knows how to do the damage calcs can figure out the chances of that?

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
Nooooooooooo not the funy bug

QuietGuardian

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ground
Whew, talk about a nail-biting update! Too bad about Meso, though—while its usefulness wasn't that widespread, it could've had roles against some upcoming threats, including Norman's Belly Drum Linoone. That's definitely something you'll want to be careful of, to say nothing of Counter Slaking. Tropo and Magneto do really help your odds, but they're no automatic win buttons. And hey, maybe Thermo's Encore could even come in handy (if she can outspeed).

I too want to know how Magneto survived that Overheat. Maybe someone who knows how to do the damage calcs can figure out the chances of that?
According to the Pokémon Showdown damage calculator, Numel had a 6.3% chance of OHKO'ing with a non-critical Overheat. So it was a narrow scrape, but perhaps not as narrow as it might seem.

Moon

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They, Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Because they're the two rarest types, they're the rarest pokemon. Yes, that's logical. No, there aren't other Ghost/Ice types. Froslass doesn't exist.
NO WHY THEY'RE ALL DYING
NOOOO
I WANTED TO SEE MESO GET TO THE END

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Well we knew the Flannery battle is going to be a hard one, possibly the hardest gym battle in this challenge (not jinxing, not jinxing, not jinxing!). Meso was a painful sacrifice, but again a small price to pay compared to losing one of your two heroes. Still, you are running out of pivoting options, which is going to make the battles far tighter from his point on.

Bottom line - Great job!

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
This is why you don't say "what could possibly go wrong?"! It's a powerful charm that draws great deals of ill luck to you! And then I get TWO heart attacks for Tropo and Magneto! RIP Meso... you took one for the team. And you were kinda already dead? Probably relieved to get to actually rest in a nice snug grave now.

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
poor meso....i know they weren't going to be around for long in a nuzlocke, but i still had hopes. better to preseve the more generally useful (and ach, what a mercenary way to look at it) team members than risk it all for a gimmick

a beloved gimmick, but all the same a gimmick

gotta love how much anxiety "what could possibly go wrong" inspires (also, the changes in font type/boldness? minimal changes with extremely efficient conveyance of emotion)

i have a good feeling about the next leg though!

Users who are viewing this thread