• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Not one but two anonymous angels wanted to get the word out about a hidden gem of a comic, feraligatr's Dear Sergio. This Shield Nuzlocke follows Sergio and his best only friend Hop!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Kanto Other Media Teen GBB's Sixlocke Series - Part 01 [PLAYING: Yellow] [Last Updated: July 15th, 2021 (Final Update)]

Thread Description
Wherein I try to nuzlocke a game using only six random Pokémon.

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
First of all, ouch. A mistake I sadly had the pleasure to make myself, but no doubt every death is hurts even more in a Sixlocke. Return to your ghostly buddies Muenster, you'll be missed.

Great update as always, I really enjoy the summary where you talk about all of your team members. Overall your team is looking pretty good, though some bad luck or a mistake could still cost you the game so be on your toes. I have faith in you, best of luck!

Lumaeus

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is trying its best to fight the good fight.
Parmesan's 100% critical hit Razor Leaf should be able to take out everyone except Jynx
You know, this reminds me how I never realized critical hits were anything beyond flavor text as a child. I think my Venusaur's regular Razor Leaves are in great part to blame, since the text became so mundane.

I am famously apolitical, don't worry. But for real, that's amazing tanking. It's not an Alakazam, but in Gen I that's just overkill anyway.

Gorgonzola remains relevant through the entire pre-Elite 4! You have resurrected the reputation of a poor forgotten species.

</3

I'm so sorry it came to this.

If any team can accomplish this, even after such a blow, it's yours. If an Onix can be made to shine, I can't imagine your other pokemon, two starters among them, can be anything less than glorious! We're all rooting for you :)

Moon

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They, Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Because they're the two rarest types, they're the rarest pokemon. Yes, that's logical. No, there aren't other Ghost/Ice types. Froslass doesn't exist.
Well dang.
oh no i jinxed it

but uh
as I've learned from playing through red with graveler, you don't beat graveler.
Graveler, no matter what your team is, always wins in Gen 1.
just...
Surge, use Graveler.
Erica, use Graveler. everything in her gym is swept by it. They don;t use grass moves!
Lavender, use Graveler.
Koga, use Graveler.
Heck, I'm pretty sure Graveler is a physical attacker and could easily destroy Sabrina's Alakazam.
Blaine, use Graveler.
Giovanni, use whatever, was he a challenge to anyone?
I think you could beat Lorelei with Graveler.
Agatha, use Graveler.
there are so many poison types my god
but uh anyway
I'm sorry for your loss

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Losing Muenster right before the E4... that HURTS 😭 Damn those Victory Road Graveler... it didn't even explode and it managed to fuck up your day! Good luck with the League, fingers crossed you don't have to sacrifice Bleu to make it through...

greenbeanbottle

My nuzlockes are beyond human understanding
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Pokédex Entry
If you're reading this, you mistook a human person for a Pokémon. Get outta here, ya goofus.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
<== Previous Leg (Yellow, Leg 09)‏‏‎ ‏‏‎

First of all, ouch. A mistake I sadly had the pleasure to make myself, but no doubt every death is hurts even more in a Sixlocke. Return to your ghostly buddies Muenster, you'll be missed.

Great update as always, I really enjoy the summary where you talk about all of your team members. Overall your team is looking pretty good, though some bad luck or a mistake could still cost you the game so be on your toes. I have faith in you, best of luck!
Yeah, going into the E4 without a full team is always nerve-wracking. It worked out okay in my Red run, but the E4, particularly Lance, is a bit more difficult in Yellow than in Red, so here's hoping I don't get too complacent and get rocked. Having just lost Muenster, I think I'll be approaching this very, very carefully.

Gorgonzola remains relevant through the entire pre-Elite 4! You have resurrected the reputation of a poor forgotten species.

If any team can accomplish this, even after such a blow, it's yours. If an Onix can be made to shine, I can't imagine your other pokemon, two starters among them, can be anything less than glorious! We're all rooting for you :)
Thanks!! I really hope this goes well - and yeah, I'm just as surprised as you that Onix can still find a niche, even if that niche is solely dedicated to eliminating Gary's Jolteon... 😅

Well dang.
oh no i jinxed it
Yes you did. You will have to live with Muenster's blood on your hands. FOREVER

Nah, just kidding, I'm solely to blame for that mistake.

Losing Muenster right before the E4... that HURTS 😭 Damn those Victory Road Graveler... it didn't even explode and it managed to fuck up your day! Good luck with the League, fingers crossed you don't have to sacrifice Bleu to make it through...
Yeah, you never know when one of those buggers will ruin your playthrough. Wild Geodude and Graveler, no matter what game, always seem to be murderers on the loose. I worried about them back in Rock Tunnel, but I failed to give them due diligence in Victory Road...that's a mistake I certainly won't be repeating soon! (I hope...)

Alright everyone, y'all know what time it is. We've gotten the 8 gym badges. We got through Victory Road (well, most of us did). We grinded for hours. And now we're here - the final barrier between us and glory. This team has been absolutely amazing heading up to this point. Now all we've got to do is punch in our ticket and be done with this run. Let's do it.

===

===

===

===

Well, that's it! Honestly pretty surprised that this run finished as quickly as it did. This was a lot of fun! I think I'm finally gonna be giving Kanto a break and head on to Gen II, which features...more Kanto in the late game. Hmm. Well, I guess we'll be ready for that when it comes, right?

Anyhow, since this run is finished, I think it makes sense to take a bit of a break before I start my next project. Super excited to try this out in a different generation, and with a much longer project. Until then, thank you to everyone who read and commented - your kind words make this all possible! So until then, see ya around, and I hope to see y'all back when I start my next Sixlocke!

Yuna

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy
Congratulations on beating this challenge with only one death! I was worried about Lorelei without Gengar, but Venusaur really showed how great it is in Gen I with Razor Leaf's ridiculous crit ratio.

I honestly really want to try out a Sixlocke myself after following along with your journey. uwu Although instead of randomly generating six Pokemon, I think it could be fun to have people on the forum decide which six Pokemon you can use as well. ^^

Moon

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They, Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Because they're the two rarest types, they're the rarest pokemon. Yes, that's logical. No, there aren't other Ghost/Ice types. Froslass doesn't exist.

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
I never would have called Bleu being your secret weapon against Lorelei, but that’s what’s great about nuzlockes like this—learning what Pokemon you would never think to use can do!

I’ll be honest, in my own runs I’ve learned my lesson about underestimating Bruno, so fingers crossed that that Machamp won’t land any killer blows…

And he doesn’t! Parmesan is TOO PRO 💪🍁

Muenster would be proud of you for learning from his loss to destroy your enemies, I’m sure :’)

Oooft, that Psychic from the second Gengar… thank goodness Monterey is a tank extraordinaire!

And Bleu returns to take out Lance’s Gyarados! Absolutely incredible that a Weezing’s made it this far and actually seen League use! (Also, Monterey has the ice moves, buuuuuuut a cheeky way to use Gen I jank against Lance would just to be to leave Bleu out there… because he’s a poison-type, Lance would insist on spamming psychic moves, but the only psychic moves his Dragonair and Dragonite know are non-damaging ones like Agility and Barrier, so Bleu could take his sweet time taking them down XD)

HELL YEAH, GOOD JOB MONTEREYYYYYYYYY

Ayy, Mozzarella’s back to take out the Alakazam! Best birb 👍 … until Hypnosis hits, ooooooft >_<

Tail Whip? At the League Champion level? Gary, honey, no

Ayyy, Gorgonzola gets to show up for the League after all, to take out the highest-levelled Pokemon you’ll face, no less! Truly, you have shown what the much-maligned Onix can do in the right hands 👏 Congrats on the victory, it’s well-earned!

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
Damn, completely forgot about this for a few weeks, glad to see it ended in success! Muenster will always be remembered. Can’t wait for you to do GS with Delibird/Yanma/Sneasel/Unown/Ariados/Ledian

greenbeanbottle

My nuzlockes are beyond human understanding
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Pokédex Entry
If you're reading this, you mistook a human person for a Pokémon. Get outta here, ya goofus.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Congratulations on beating this challenge with only one death! I was worried about Lorelei without Gengar, but Venusaur really showed how great it is in Gen I with Razor Leaf's ridiculous crit ratio.

I honestly really want to try out a Sixlocke myself after following along with your journey. uwu Although instead of randomly generating six Pokemon, I think it could be fun to have people on the forum decide which six Pokemon you can use as well. ^^
Oooh, having the viewers choose the team is a good idea! I don't think I'll be doing it myself since I do want to give each Pokémon an equal chance to participate, but I definitely think that could be a lot of fun!

Yay indeed! 🥳

I never would have called Bleu being your secret weapon against Lorelei, but that’s what’s great about nuzlockes like this—learning what Pokemon you would never think to use can do!

Ayyy, Gorgonzola gets to show up for the League after all, to take out the highest-levelled Pokemon you’ll face, no less! Truly, you have shown what the much-maligned Onix can do in the right hands 👏 Congrats on the victory, it’s well-earned!
Bleu and Gorgonzola definitely got the short end of the stick when it comes to usefulness in the last few legs of the run but it was nice to seem them get some meaningful time at the very end for sure. : )

Congratulations! A fitting ending, I had a really great time following this run and your analysis was really interesting. Can't wait to see your next Sixlocke adventure!
Thanks a bunch!

Damn, completely forgot about this for a few weeks, glad to see it ended in success! Muenster will always be remembered. Can’t wait for you to do GS with Delibird/Yanma/Sneasel/Unown/Ariados/Ledian
Do you want to see me suffer? This is how you get me to suffer. Thankfully the team is completely random, so what are the odds I get a team that bad? Right?

Anyways, just one last post before moving on to the next thread for the next run: You can simply click here to get to my new run - hope to see you there! It's shaping up to be...interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)