• Drumroll please... The results for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza are up! Congrats to all our participants and our winners this year for the 10th anniversary! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Nuzlocke Fun Things that Happen in Nuzlockes

Thread Description
What fun/awesome things have happened to you in Nuzlockes?

Arbitrary

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Leon's Charizard crit killed my Cramorant on the last turn of Gigantamax. Strangely, he had not used any super effective attacks, so his message never played. Not until I sent out my Occa Berry carrying Perrserker. He tanks the Fire Blast with the berry, the message plays as Leon acts cocky, then Charizard gets bodied by Metal Burst. Beautiful.

pikamewphlosion

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 1, 2019
Getting Attracted? Not fun
getting attracted on Geodude on the switch and not being able to do anything? Not fun
Losing Slowpoke to Miltank? Not fun
Missing Fire blast? Not. Fun

Surviving the second stomp with 8/52hp, then killing with a STAB, Charcoal + Blaze Boosted Fire Blast? Simply glorious.

And then it felt like the moment almost repeated against Blue, when I lost my Dragon Dancer and thought I was gonna die to his Gyarados later, then remembered I had X items in my bag still, and just used Trick room turns to set up to effectively 600 SpA after Specs and boosts, and +1 acc, Guard spec, Dire Hit, and +1 Def, then just slagged his whole team with Fire Blast. I’m angry I lost my Dragonite and Ambipom, but mostly I’m just relieved my Typhlosion survived

PageEmperor

Kermit Seismitoad isn’t real, it can’t hurt you
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Has tons of plans that he can’t put out right now because he is too busy.
Keeping a Modest Linoone in my party.

Still keeping my Modest Linoone after my Swampert dies.

Still keeping my Modest Linoone over an Adamant Machop because I thought teaching Brick break to Sandslash would be the better option.

Still keeping my Modest Linoone to the league.

Having that Modest Linoone, yes, set up a Belly drum at the Ghost E4, yes, and despite it's mere 99 attack, completely sweep all the ghost and even getting a crit on Sableye.

Did I mention having my Modest Linoone sweeping the Ghost E4?

And then it making it out alive after beating the game?

TrueZero2

Ninja! Comic! Best Match!
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Kalos is one of my favourite regions, based almost entirely from personal experience. Here goes.

I once did a Versus Nuzlocke of X against a friend of mine, also using X because neither of us had access to Y at the time. Standard Nuzlocke rules, Dupes Clause was active, so we could skip encounters we already had, but the big thing was that after each Gym, we would see how each other's teams for that Gym fared against each other. Put simply, the teams we used for Viola would face off after we beat the Gym, the same goes for our Grant teams, and so on. The plan was to face off nine times, once after each Gym, and then once after we beat the League.

This meant that we had a true rivalry going throughout the game, and we were doing everything we could to one-up the other player.

Once we both got the Berry Farms, we were working the fields as often as we could to get the best berries we could. I must have had over 200 Sitrus Berries by the end of the run.

We had Pokemon that the other dreaded. This was his Azumarill for most of the run, but I eventually countered with a Drapion that threw his strategy completely out the window, we would later repeat this during a Versus Nuzlocke of ORAS.

Instead of raising a small roster of Pokemon, we were actively shuffling our team around as much as we could all to keep the other player on their toes. We were assessing the viability of every Pokemon that we caught, so both of us ended the game with around 20-30 Pokemon on our rosters.

Overall, it was the most fun I've had going through a region, simply because we made each other into good rivals.

Slow

the echoing screaming reverb of a song
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 18, 2020
Pronouns
he/him/his
I got Munchlax in my Diamond nuzlocke. Didn't use him, but still.

Ionbird

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 11, 2020
I was doing a short Blue run to catch the version exclusives for my Yellow Dexlocke. In Pokemon Tower when I walked on the exact spot I meet the ghost Marowak I had another wild Pokemon encounter first. It was a Cubone.

Espadas

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 31, 2020
2 days ago i reached the peak of my nuzlocke life. I'll never have a better moment.

Context: i reached Maylene in Platinum. Every member of my team would have been 1 or 2HKO by her Lucario: Monferno - Staravia - Psyduck - Roselia - Eevee (and i can't be higher lvl than her ace) (6th mon got killed right before her fight)
I needed someone that could tank his attacks AND deal damage, but i was out of options until i got an idea so crazy it actually worked.

To put it simply: i defeated Maylene's Lucario abusing STICKY BARB UNOWN!!!

The fight went like this:
- send Staravia in when Lucario entered for 1st Intimidate, immediately swap to Unown
- using calculators i knew that Unown couldn't get OHKO despite being SEVEN levels lower than Lucario
- tank one attack, Sticky Barb pass onto him and start dealing 12.5% of his MAX HP each turn
- swap Staravia back in for 2nd Intimidate, tank one attack
- Aerial Ace, tank second attack that send my Staravia to around 33% of hp while Lucario is around 40%
- swap Monferno for the guaranteed kill shot with Fist Plate Mach Punch

Obviously he getting a crit on anyone bar Unown would have been OHKO but with my team that wasn't much worse than a normal attack to begin with :V

IT FELT SO DAMN GOOD!

PageEmperor

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
In YAFRH, Raichu can learn Surf. And my Water mon is an Adamant Gyarados. And I had a Raichu and alas, my HM problems were solved.

As for my rocket strike nuzlocke, I haven’t had a death in god knows how long. The last death was I think after the 4th gym, and I just finished the sevii islands. I guess the game is making up for the lack of deaths with a prescence of hax. Y’know, my mons constantly hitting themselves, opponents getting extra effects, you name it. Even with the countless level jumps, I still have no deaths. Even my Jumpluff has tanked Ice beams while not at full health.

gettingehedofmyself

Accidentally got 13 free trees
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 20, 2020
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon spends entirely too much time tending to plants. It likes to take care of other pokemon but often forgets it has actual responsibilities.
Working on a randomized white run at the moment that might (read: will) get turned into a story, so spoilers for that:

I got a Ferroseed with Iron Barbs (obviously). Later on, I got a Rocky Helmet. I gave him the Rocky Helmet because I'm a terrible person.

Cue Team Plasma battle. A Watchog made my Ferroseed go to sleep and I didn't have anything I could do about that except just ride it out. Grunt sent out a Liepard and then had the poor thing use Fury Swipes.

Combined Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet with each hit. Fury Swipes hit four times. My Ferroseed slept through it and lost about 10 hp.

The Liepard fainted.

Last edited:

Kretoma

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Bug, Ground
Pokédex Entry
It digs deep into the ground to hide from predators. At night it emerges to eat berries.
"In a dominating performance we were flattened, rolled up, and tossed aside! Mehmed is ruthlessly strong… Here's our impressions after having battled our featured Trainer. "The combination of Gyarados and Gyarados was divine! The sight of them--Gyarados and Gyarados--selflessly supporting each other in the thick of battle… It was a marvelous sight to behold! Bite was the move the Trainer used last in our battle. The move Bite is Gyarados and Gyarados's sign of friendship!"

Emerald radio reporters. It was even funnier as both Gyarados were opposite sexes.

PageEmperor

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry

3rd time getting Pokerus altogether by the way. First was my 2nd Light plat run, second was the Ontx blue run I did last year, third was tis run, the Delta emerald ROM hack.

I got Pokerus more than I got legit cartridge shinies.

PageEmperor

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Getting a Zapdos as my first encounter in Blaze black’s Chargestone cave. Nope, no dupes before it, all I ever really did was use repels so that I could get a stronger or more preferable catch on the second basement, and bam Zapdos, straight up first thing I saw after I ran out of repels. The worst part? I caught it in a Dusk ball. At friggin mid health.

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Having a double evolution is always pretty neat. Bonus points when one 'mon is your starter and the other is a shiny.
Also, wonderlockes in general are just fun as hell because you can get so many neat things you may have never used before/get Pokérus for the first time ever in the 20 years it's existed.

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
I'm actually really enjoying the Crown Tundra DLC and hunting down all the legendary Pokemon. The birds proved much easier to catch than I expected and exploring the depths of the Pokemon Dens gave me a Modest Suicune, which is a lovely gift. Peony is also hilarious, especially when being mind controlled.

BananaSwadloon

Banana Consumer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2020
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Bug
Pokédex Entry
A very stupid bug. Bananas are the only thing that keeps them happy.
I got a shiny Patrat in OG Black once in one of my earlier attempts. I both lost that run and the savefile, but it was still pretty hype to get a shiny though natural odds.

Mr Spaz

I caught the big– OH SHIT
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him/It
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying, Ghost
So I'm doing a Wonderlocke of Sword right now. One of my early trades got me a Dragonite. I immediately thought, "Too high level. Gonna have to send it back for another trade."
I went to do that, and saw that it was Level 13 and was really confused. Apparently, Pokemon Home saw it as legal (Only my main profile has Nintendo Switch Online, so I have to transfer catches to my main profile, Surprise Trade them, and send the new mons back to the Nuzlocke Profile) and I checked to find that it was transferred from Pokemon Go.

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
So I'm doing a Wonderlocke of Sword right now. One of my early trades got me a Dragonite. I immediately thought, "Too high level. Gonna have to send it back for another trade."
I went to do that, and saw that it was Level 13 and was really confused. Apparently, Pokemon Home saw it as legal (Only my main profile has Nintendo Switch Online, so I have to transfer catches to my main profile, Surprise Trade them, and send the new mons back to the Nuzlocke Profile) and I checked to find that it was transferred from Pokemon Go.
I'm pretty sure there's a way to use exp candies on eggs in Sword/Shield so you can end up with evolved Pokemon at level 1. Seems like someone did that to your Dragonite. I know it can also be used to change impossible evolutions as well like male Salandit into Salazzle, which is neat.

Mr Spaz

I caught the big– OH SHIT
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him/It
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying, Ghost
I'm pretty sure there's a way to use exp candies on eggs in Sword/Shield so you can end up with evolved Pokemon at level 1. Seems like someone did that to your Dragonite. I know it can also be used to change impossible evolutions as well like male Salandit into Salazzle, which is neat.
It actually came from Pokemon Go, so it would come at a level based on how many times it had been powered up in that game (using the same system as in the Let's Go games). Also, if it had come from the egg glitch, the Dragonite wouldn't have known Dragon Rage, which is unusable in Gen 8

Last edited:

NekoSuave

TFW you lose someone you love to a crit.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ice
My fight with Lance in my Gold Nuzlocke ended in a pretty cool way. His last Dragonite (the Outrage one) was making dents in my Pokémon. I swapped from my Nidoqueen to Golem, and then to Pidgeot after Golem almost died to Outrage (I thought I could replicate the success my last Golem had; that one took Outrage like a champ and finished Dragonite off). After I healed Pidgeot due to Outrage taking a large chunk out of his health, it happened. The Dragonite got confused and hit itself. I decided to throw caution to the wind and have Pidgeot use Return, knowing full well that he would likely die if this didn't kill. Cue the crit Return. In the end, the power of friendship saw my team through.

It was the most anime way to finish the battle, and I loved it!

Malochroma

Cryptid
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 30, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/they
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A strange creature, subsisting off of caffeine and various snacks, the Malochroma can often be drawn by its den by promises of free food.
I'd just finished training all my Pokémon up for the Cyllage gym (I like having my Pokes at similar level to each other, even if 2/3rds of them will be useless for the fight), and when I got back to the Pokémon Center for the last time before hitting the gym, the nurse told me that one of my Pokémon had Pokérus. When I checked, not only did one of my Pokémon have Pokérus, but three of them — including my starter — had all contracted it, powering up my entire Grass-Water-Fire type trio. (The funny part was I'd noticed that my Wartortle had picked up a *lot* of EVs from his last level up but I just thought it was because I was using him to switch-train the Flying types so he was getting more battles.)

And here I thought the money I was getting from Star Pieces and Max Revives was going to be the best part of level grinding on the Route 8 Coast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)