• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The promotional period for the 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed. Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Nuzlocke General Frustrating Things in Nuzlockes

Extravanganza Accordian Demo

PageEmperor

Absolute loather and despiser of ads.
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Water
Pokédex Entry
A person who does both comics and runs and whatnot. Okay then.
I was going to guess a speed-boosting nature but I don't think every single Glalie would have a speed-boosting nature, so maybe your Typhlosion and Scyther have speed-reducing natures? Are there even natures in Legends Arceus?
There are natures in the game, and no, they don’t have speed lowering natures. I’m starting to think those snowballs were just hard coded to outspeed anything.

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
The awkward moment when you need to grind for the second section of the Wild Area because of the sudden level jump, but there aren't really any good areas to grind and rematchable trainers don't exist in SwSh...

RevenantArcan

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Psychic
Can probably do some Max Raids for EXP Candy in the first half of the Wild Area.

NekoSuave

TFW you lose someone you love to a crit.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ice
Whose idea was it to make you face Dexio/Sina on the second island? Whose idea was it to give them Espeon/Glaceon? You know, Eeveelutions with base Special Attack stats of 130? Whose idea was it to give them Confusion/Icy Wind?

Oh, but that's not the worst part for me. No, it's that I lost my starter because Espeon just so happened to get him confused, and with only 10 HP left, Torracat ended up killing himself. There was a 33% chance of this happening. In my Sun Nuzlocke so far, I hit myself multiple times, while the AI only hit itself once. I ended up having to sack Yungoos so I could switch Butterfree back in to finish the job. Then it leveled up and learned Silver Wind. I don't know if I could've avoided this mess if I leveled Butterfree up one more time before the fight, but boy, did I feel awful for a few minutes after that.

Between this and the endless cutscenes, Gen 7 is starting to feel more like a middle finger than a fun challenge.

Arbitrary

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
Just wiped in a Yellow sixlocke where I have to bring in only as many Pokemon into a gym as the leader has. All because I got haxed by Gastly and Haunter in Sabrina's gym. Losing all three mons in one battle means it's a wipe even though I have two left in the box. I just wasted all that time I'm never getting back.

Users who are viewing this thread