• Drumroll please... The results for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza are up! Congrats to all our participants and our winners this year for the 10th anniversary! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Nuzlocke General Frustrating Things in Nuzlockes

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
There are mons with only two-three moves in SuMo as well. Not sure if this happens so much in USUM or SwSh, though.

Arbitrary

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting
Cyrus's Weavile in the Distortion World got TWO freezes, one of which didn't matter due to the Lum Berry, but still. In a run where I can't use healing items in battle. I came very close to wiping and now I have to grind half a team's worth of replacements, which sucks as I have little bulk since Lickilicky was one of the casualties.

kururu

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
None of my Pokemon were a good counter for Totem Araquanid. (I don't like changing my party unless a Pokemon faints.) I legit JUST lost my counter to Gladion not five minutes earlier.

Bluebirdi3

Tower of Purity represent
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/they/them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Poison
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon mains Myamsar and you can fight them on this
when you lose a pokemon you really want to keep before they realize their full potential

dammit Tierno i didnt want to reset that save but you killed my Ralts so you forced my hand and now that run is dead

NekoSuave

TFW you lose someone you love to a crit.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ice
In every Hoenn game, my first three Pokémon are usually Poochyena, Zigzagoon, and Wurmple. Sometimes, I even get a Wingull on Route 104, so I wind up with all of the Pokémon you can catch on the first two routes! Lotad or Seedot? Nah. Surskit? Nah. Ralts? Literally the one time I found a Ralts as a first encounter, it was in a Wedlocke, so I couldn't catch it because it had the same gender as the Pokémon that needed a partner! You know what that Pokémon's partner wound up being? A friggin' Wurmple. I've never felt so salty in my life.

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Losing a Lanturn in Storm Silver to a trainer Dewgong's Sheer Cold. It was such an amazing Pokemon.

Seriously Drayano, why

Mr Spaz

I caught the big– OH SHIT
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him/It
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying, Ghost
Nuzlocke in Shield
Battles the Cafe Masters in Motostoke and Hammerlocke literally 25 times each to get a Sweet other than the Strawberry Sweet to evolve Milcery.
Gets 38 Berry Juices, but 0 Sweets

In the end, I finally got a Berry Sweet after 136 battles. I feel sorry for anybody who tries to do a living dex and has to get 9 of each Sweet

Last edited:

PageEmperor

Kermit Seismitoad isn’t real, it can’t hurt you
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Has tons of plans that he can’t put out right now because he is too busy.
FUCK MULTI HIT MOVES FUCK MULTI HIT MOVES FUCK MULTI HIT MOVES FUCK MULTI HIT MOVES FUCK MULTI HIT MOVES FUCK MULTI HIT MOVES FUCK MULTI HIT MOVES FUCK MULTI HIT MOVES FUCK MULTI HIT MOVES

AND FUCK MULTI HIT MOVES

I also had this insane plan on taking on the Dark and weather gyms using my dynamax fighting bear. But of course, the Max honey quest is post game. But if anybody know a way to get it beforehand, feel free to let me know, thanks.

woodsparrow

!!
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
In my on-going omega-ruby run, I've had a problem with keeping a full team. The sixth slot has become a graveyard as something almost always takes them out. Whether it's a helluva lucky crit, or a move I forget a pokemon could learn (sidebar: why does Leon's charizard know max growth????). And then the curse continues on into filling the sixth slot: either a 'mon of a type I already have three of, or a 'mon that needs to evolve before it can safely be left to fight by itself.

Needless to say, I haven't gotten very far.

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
The move Air Slash and its stupid, stupid 30% flinch chance.

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
But somehow seems to miss 30% of the time when you use it, despite being 95% accurate.
If it's not 100% accurate, it's 50% accurate. - MandJTV

Rumors

Or so they say...
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
A Pokémon shrouded in hearsay and urban legend, spoken of only in whispered tales and hushed gossip.
Pokemon games are actually hard coded so that the accuracy of a move with less than 100% chance decreases the more critical landing that move becomes.

THKS

The Trainer behind Franklin.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
I lost a Mankey and a Nidoran Male to my Rival's Magby. They would've come in handy and made the challenge against Brock in Fire Red Omega less of an issue.

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost tries to be studious and businesslike, but will squee or keysmash easily. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
Me: *does my level best to train up one of the Snivy line in White 2 as he is a very good bean*

Roxie, Burgh, Elesa's Flying and Fire coverage, Skyla, Team Plasma and numerous routes populated by types that Grass hates: "~Allow us to introduce ourselves~"

Not since poor Chikorita in Johto have i seen a region out to get someone so much, my bean is still alive and swept Clay's Excadrill though so there is that :3: he is a child and I love him

Edit: oh god now I remember that Drayden, Iris, Zinzolin's Ice types, Colress and Ghetsis' Hydreigon are things hahaha dkdkdkd even the upcoming Celestial Tower is populated by Fire types because of course it is, can my bean just SubSeed the things that resist him already

Last edited:

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
X Wonderlocke.
The good news, I got an Adamant HA Tepig with a moveset of Sucker Punch, Superpower, Curse, and Heavy Slam.
The bad news: Its nicknamed "trumps taint", and since it's a traded mon, I can't do anything about it.
Well, you can always have it have a different name in your documentation of the run, if you'd prefer it that way (and if you're documenting the run, for that matter).

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Level curve in some games, like it can get really dumb, especially if there is no good grinding spots in-game to compesate
This is something that Insurgence does, really don't understand level curves in some mainline games

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This is something that Insurgence does, really don't understand level curves in some mainline games
The upcoming 1.3 update promises to fix the level curve, or at least make it more bearable. Unfortunately, it's gonna take a while to come out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)