• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Friendship Café ★★★★

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Description
4...20 or something

Dustox

pfp thanks to Bug <3
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
i really wish my eyes had the fortitude for lighter skins because i just tried slowpoke for the first time and this is... something to adapt to

too much time on darker backgrounds has overly pampered my retinas dark discord only discord
Stare at a lamp for 24 hours straight. It worked for me!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
So I decided to start that Omega Ruby nuzlocke, and now my brain wants me to make a comic out of it. A comic. That's going to take a lot of work, and I'm not going to be able to even start posting it until I'm finished with Ori's Gift because it's a direct sequel and builds off some plot points that haven't even been introduced yet.

And yet I've already started on concept sheets for some of the characters. Concept sheets. I'm only two gyms into this nuzlocke and already I'm planning out how the characters I've currently got interact with each other. And I'm also currently working on three separate stories and playing through a lorelocke of FireRed.

I think it's pretty clear that I'm one of those people who isn't happy unless she's in over her head in projects.

Last edited:

Argentum

My avatar is in fact a dude.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Argentums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
So I’ve been busy with school starting again but I’ve been thinking about a lot of things. Honestly I definitely want to establish a better tone with my nuzlocke, seems a bit too over the place in previous parts so now I’m trying to establish a tone I want to use for maybe the first half of the nuzlocke. So far I’ve got maybe 1/3 of Part 2 (technically 3) done, so yeah.

@Trollkitten
Damn, I’m swimming in different writing projects I want to do but I’m definitely not a fan of being over my head in them. Seriously, I’m surprised I can focus on this project without dropping it for the foreseeable future and moving onto the next one! More power to you and I wish I could be anywhere close to the level of quality of your work. (Just started Ori’s Gift and dang it is pretty awesome.)

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
More power to you and I wish I could be anywhere close to the level of quality of your work. (Just started Ori’s Gift and dang it is pretty awesome.)
Aww, thanks! Ori's Gift is a ton of fun to write, and it's so easy for me to just get so lost in its world while I'm writing. I expect that revisiting Aetherai for the Omega Ruby nuzlocke (and the FireRed Lorelocke, which will likely take longer to play through because of grinding and added lore rules) will be just as fun.

cross_off

just a gangster, I suppose...
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he - him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
it was banished for its violence. it silently gazes upon the old world from the distortion world
oo mood @Trollkitten I feel like having multiple projects going does a bunch for the creative juices, and having a big overarching 'verse can be cool no lie. aetherai as a concept from what I've seen is pretty well constructed too and I'm curious to see what'll come up along the line

anyways as someone else buried in a stack of writing projects I felt like sounding off:
the two runs in my sig - my main storylockes, blazeblack '20s urbfant gijinka and colosseum slice-of-life / thriller respectively
the lorelocke side project which is an attempt at writing a realistic classics-era setting with pokemon in it (greek tragedy style)
the other side project which is my attempt at writing an ordinary league challenge and then snowballed into something else
the super new side project which mashes a lot of my diverse inspirations as well as hip nuzforum trends up into one big stew which I'm going to make my secondary focus for nano
the ya specfic novel I'm actually writing for nano, a tale of dystopia pacifism and skyrails.
the halloween-themed short story about a uni student who moonlights as a necromancer but is actually nice.

fairly certain that none of these will ever be finished or even hit like the 30% mark but who cares, journey before destination right? we out here

Dustox

pfp thanks to Bug <3
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
I’m scared.

I think I’m legit getting used to drinking black coffee.

Hold me.

Argentum

My avatar is in fact a dude.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Argentums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
Got an 86.36% on a test. I was happy enough, saw I got 19/22 questions right on said test and now I feel better.
Math 10AP, probably the only subject where I don’t feel like I’ll completely slip up.

TrueZero2

Ninja! Comic! Best Match!
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
I remember back in my Year 12 Maths Class (For those not in the UK, that would be 16-17 years old, doing AS-Levels) we did a mock exam at one point, and out of the 10 people in the class, 8 of them failed. Me and the other guy that passed? We squeaked by. It was a major wake up call.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
As some of you may know from my posts elsewhere, my Omega Ruby nuzlocke is a 'sneaklocke,' a challenge run of my own invention that requires every caught Pokemon to be snuck up on in the tall grass. (Gift Pokemon are allowed to be used, although I haven't yet decided a position on legendaries.)

Today I added a new rule: if I accidentally KO my encounter, I have two more chances to catch a new one in that area. This is because relying on sneak encounters means I can't get encounters from fishing, and it'll still be a bit before sneaking encounters are made available in caves. So I have a more limited selection of Pokemon than one would usually have in an ORAS nuzlocke.

Also because I need more options against Flannery; my current answer to Fire-types is a Masquerain with Bubble Beam, and I don't need to tell you why that's a problem.

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure they're French
Ever since I read this post from @mizar about a twist to the first catch rule I've been wondering about using it in a run, but the next (and 2nd ever) nuzlocke I'll play will be gen 8 and I don't know how long it'll take for the necessary information to be gathered by wikis…

Unless I decide to play a nuzlocke and then do nothing with it except maybe notes but I kinda doubt I'd be able to do that?

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
So today I was thinking of all the stories I'm currently working on and how to balance them all out, and one thing that occurred to me is that in a couple of weeks I'm going to hit a good point in Ori's Gift to take a brief interlude for a character AMA. I always enjoy when other nuzlockes do it, and it'd be a great opportunity to interact with my fans and do more worldbuilding, which is always fun.

I've also started pencilling pages for my Omega Ruby sneaklocke (okay, technically I've drawn exactly one page, but I've written the script for eight more), and it's disappointing that I won't be able to share my comic until I'm finished with Ori's Gift, because it's a direct sequel and contains SPOILERS. I'm drawing it now because 1. it's fun to draw, 2. I need the drawing practice, and 3. if I get enough of a backlog, I can post an entire chapter at once instead of drip-feed releasing the comic, although at this point I'm not sure which method of release I'll prefer.

And, yes, the comic will have musical numbers as well, which is actually why I'm considering releasing it by chapters instead of by pages. Because it's kind of awkward having to wait three to four days between lines of a song.

original nickname

What's your poison?
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ice, Cool
I just did a live radio interview over the phone on the local BBC station. I was hella nervous but the presenter was lovely and I think it went alright!

The odd thing was I spent a good five minutes thinking "gosh I should dress nice for this" and then I realized, nobody will be able to see me anyway, so I did it in my PJs

Dustox

pfp thanks to Bug <3
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
I just did a live radio interview over the phone on the local BBC station. I was hella nervous but the presenter was lovely and I think it went alright!

The odd thing was I spent a good five minutes thinking "gosh I should dress nice for this" and then I realized, nobody will be able to see me anyway, so I did it in my PJs
A true power move.

Congrats on the interview!

Mistee

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 17, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ghost
Can I ask what this thread is for? Is it just friendly discussion?

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Can I ask what this thread is for? Is it just friendly discussion?
Yep, it's just for talking about anything here.

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure they're French
Ayy welcome in here!! :D

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
So I'm about halfway through with my Omega Ruby nuzlocke (well, a bit less than half if you count the Delta Episode, which I fully intend on doing), and I already want to play a Moon nuzlocke at some point afterwards... and do a blind Shield nuzlocke when the game comes out... and I already have my FireRed lorelocke that I haven't picked up in a couple of weeks because Omega Ruby sank its hooks into me... and there's even a couple of fangames I want to nuzlocke at some point, although those will likely have to wait until I've gotten more experienced at nuzlocking harder games (which hopefully the FireRed lorelocke will help me with).

I'm not sure where I'm going to find the time to record all these nuzlocke stories I want to do. I already have so many story ideas. All of the story ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)