• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Friendship Café ★★★★

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Description
4...20 or something

Squiggy Azalea

big chungus pls DM me 😳
🎇Contributor
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Electric, Tough
Pokédex Entry
pizza pasta mamma mia
yeah but the lions can EASILY make a lion boat

i mean, there ARE 1 billion lions against 800 or something pokemon. thats a lotta lions.

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Globetrotter
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
Yeah but one of those pokemon is both a lion and the sun

can one billion lions beat the sun

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure they're French
I don't even know where to begin-
10k C° Mgcargo? Small black hole Gardevoir? Any other example of some of the carziest pokédex entries out there?
Actually you know what, just watch these

kittenrobotarmy

haha fell cleave go smash
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Has sold her soul to many games and doesn't intend to stop.
I mean, I still don't think a million lions can do much to the sun. There's 7 billion of us and the sun is killing us so idk

Argentum

My avatar is in fact a dude.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Argentums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
Yeah, I would say the Pokémon. Sure, they don’t have the numbers but we’re talking about organisms with powers beyond almost anything we have in real life, not to mention godly beings called Legendaries (and Pseudo-Legendaries, which stat wise are close to actual Legendaries) with mystical powers, Z-Moves which seem to be pretty destructive (Especially Ultra Necrozma’s Z-Move, I mean holy hell nobody in that blast or even close to it would likely survive that!), Mega-Evolutions (that makes Pokémon even stronger, Mega Rayquaza anyone?), not to mention alternate forms (100% Zygarde/Ultra Necrozma/Primal Groudon/Primal Kygore/etc.), a huge movepool combined, and did I mention one of them is literally GOD?(Of course their equivalent, but still)

Would I say the lions cause some damage? Yes I would.

But I doubt they could win that easily...

Last edited:

Elfin Song

Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
she/her or he/him
Normally, I'd agree with y'all, but what about the sympathy factor? A lion? Doesn't give a shit. You look like food, smell like food, and move like a threat, and it doesn't matter if you're a foot-tall embodiment of thunder. There is still a very good chance that lion will claw your mascot face off and ask questions later.

A pikachu, though? It's on an entirely different plane of cognition. Just as Ash's pikachu doesn't pump nerve-destroying levels of electricity into the two humans who think a pair of rubber gloves and a reinforced glass bottle with a lightbulb on top is an adequate way to handle the adorable wrath of God, if faced with a lion, good ol' pikachu is going to be like, "Wait, these are not pokémon. These are animals and therefore parts of nature/just like people. These should be protected." And then it will be mauled. Then multiply that lion by about 1.1 million for every one pokémon (yes, I did the math), and long story short, by the time a pokémon is done going, "holy jesus why are there so many pissed off lions here and do I protect them as lives worthy of existence like mewtwo told me or do I fight them," pikachu will just straight-up be cat food.

Granted, yes, that's Pikachu and not Mewtwo, but imo it doesn't matter how powerful you are if a million pissed off death kitties suddenly pop into existence to destroy you specifically. You're still going to need a second to go wait what why this now. Especially if those death kitties are technically shaped like friends.

Honey Badger

Member Title
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
I've attempted only 1 nuzlocke in the last two calendar years, so seeing the big Slowpoke at the top of the page feels like a personal callout.

Dustox

pfp thanks to Bug <3
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
I'm allowing the Slowpoke banner to call my being slow to update tbh.

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Globetrotter
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
I'm coming off of like three years without nuzlocking and I've got 9 or so runs ahead

making this theme was me purging the last of my slowpoke-ness onto the rest of the forum. you now bear my curse,

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
We are all slowpoke on this cursed day. I suppose we're just lucky we know there's a new forum at all.

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure they're French

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
So, between the grimdark Kanto of Pokemon Burst: Blue Moon and the themes of physical and emotional abuse in the DuckTales story I'm working on (it focuses on Lena and Magica before Lena met Webby), my nuzlocke is actually the least dark story I'm currently working on.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this, or what it says about my personality.

Argentum

My avatar is in fact a dude.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Argentums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
So far, the way I’m writing my nuzlocke is definitely on the more lighter side. I do plan to get darker later to match up with the game’s attempt at being dark once we reach that part of the story or when I actually get a team and one of them dies because of my stupidity. Whatever comes first.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I have a grand total of seven deaths in my Let's Go Eevee nuzlocke, so it won't be sunshine and rainbows forever. The tagline for Ori's Gift is "Light shines brighter in the dark," so there's definitely going to be some unpleasant moments. But one of the running themes is hope under the face of seemingly insurmountable odds, when the deck is stacked against you but you keep moving forward because you know that somebody has to make things better.

That being said, the prequel (a FireRed lorelocke I'm currently playing through) is looking to be darker than Ori's Gift; at the point I'm currently at (Route 6), I hadn't had any deaths in Let's Go, but in FireRed I have three deaths. (Stupid crit Gust and subsequent Quick Attack Pidgey.)

Dustox

pfp thanks to Bug <3
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
I just made one of my staff resign and then not resign on the same day.

But it's also super stressful do not recommend 0/10

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
So I'm seriously considering starting a normal Omega Ruby nuzlocke alongside my FireRed lorelocke. Reason being that the FireRed lorelocke involves a lot of grinding, and while I certainly don't want to abandon it, I'd also like to have a nuzlocke that I can just pick up and play when I don't have the energy or patience to grind.

Also because Omega Ruby is one of my favorite Pokemon games of all time and I just want an excuse to play it.

In terms of where I am in FireRed: Route 6, three deaths so far. I have a Kadabra, which makes grinding easier because I can Teleport back to the last Pokemon Center I visited whenever I need healing. Not looking forward to Surge, so once I get to Diglett's Cave I plan to go in, catch a Diglett/Dugtrio, then go out as soon as possible so I don't get Arena Trapped into DEATH.

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.
i really wish my eyes had the fortitude for lighter skins because i just tried slowpoke for the first time and this is... something to adapt to

too much time on darker backgrounds has overly pampered my retinas dark discord only discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)