• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Feature team invited you to check out the Hidden Gem Showcase! Give a little love to your favorite runs you think more people should know about!
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Fun  Friendship Café ★★★★★

Thread Description
Carving our names in the rock of eternity.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
A note on the previous post: I've nearly completed the first 'season' (24 chapters) of my Alola duolocke, and if you thought Alola had too many cutscenes before, you should see how long it takes me to get to the actual nuzlocke part of the storylocke. To the point where I decided to put the Totem Raticate fight in a great deal earlier than it actually happens in-game, just so I would have something to say that, yes, this story is based on actual gameplay and is not merely a vessel for my PMD fanfiction.

That being said... it makes me feel sad that it'll be so long before I actually get to share it, since chronologically it'll be a while before I reach the point in the Aetherai timeline where my readers will even know what's going on. But after the disaster that cost me Lines Crossed, I've been double-backing up all my work on Google docs and a flash drive, so hopefully I won't lose this one.

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
@Trollkitten

I totally get what you're saying about an idea being your baby, especially when you're in a dark period of mind. Technically, for me, it's just characters (yes, I have a lot of babies when it comes to characters), but yes, ideas that you're proud of? I get that. Good luck to you on your duolocke!

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
Yknow. In this nuzlocke of Y so far, I have almost wiped TWICE to Battle Girls in caves.
One of those times, I didn’t actually lose any mons, just got really close to losing both the team members that were allowed to be sent out and could handle the problem.
The other time, I had to reconstruct my team from scratch and it hurt

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Battle girls, blackbelts, and brains-and-brawn trainers are the absolute worst. I've had problems with them even with the Exp. Share on. Hell, blackbelts/battle girls in all games with the physical/special split can be deadly. (I lost my Kirlia in Maylene's gym to one of the Karate Quads.)

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Battle girls, blackbelts, and brains-and-brawn trainers are the absolute worst. I've had problems with them even with the Exp. Share on. Hell, blackbelts/battle girls in all games with the physical/special split can be deadly. (I lost my Kirlia in Maylene's gym to one of the Karate Quads.)
Ooh yeah. My Y lorelocke suffered its first three deaths to those kinds of trainers. I did not expect a Y nuzlocke to be this hard.

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
in my Y wedlocke that i'll get around to finishing and posting one day, i beat korrina with a lucario, a pokemon weak to fighting. yet it almost died to a throh owned by a battle girl in reflection cave

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Yeah somewhere around Gens 4-5 Fighting-types went from (mostly) non-threatening to some of the most terrifying opponents. First the P/S split, then Gen 5 started giving them Rock moves by level-up, and then XY is full of random coverage 'moves (IIRC there's a Hawlucha with Poison Jab fairly early on, and it's just a random trainer's IIRC). XY get a lot of crap for being easy, but random trainers can trip you up.

tfw you have too many run and fanfic ideas but nowhere near enough time to work on them :cybercrime:
Also, why is coming up with titles so hard :cybercrime:
(seriously, it's one of the most difficult things for me...)

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
I just title it something either vague or funny, gets the job done

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Sometimes it's hard to decide what to title a story because you have no ideas, and sometimes it's hard to decide because you have way too many ideas and enough of them are good ones that you don't want to choose just one.

I'm still not entirely sure what my Omega Ruby nuzlocke is going to be called once I get to the point of posting chapters. The gameplay is all completed, I know the basic plot, but I don't know what to call it.

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
I guess my main issue with titles is I feel like I have to come up with something before I can save my work (if it's a fic) or before posting the run. And I'm not good at coming up with them...

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
honestly, "Can't Look Back" was a reference to a scrapped idea
but it SOUNDS cool so im keeping it ha

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
I'm having issues with titles as well. I have my X/Y Genderlockes, my Omega Ruby Naturelocke, and my Alpha Sapphire Doclocke all ready to go, but I have yet to have titles that fit.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Sat down at my computer intending to write the next chapter of Ori's Gift, then wound up somehow writing two chapters of my upcoming Omega Ruby navlocke instead. And now want to work on a third.

I can't predict where my creative muse will take me, which does not bode well for my ability to complete a piece of artwork every day for the month of October. Which is what I'd just announced on my blog that I'm gonna do.

Hoo boy...

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
Pokédex Entry
It is found roaming the deserts, usually on a back of a Mudsdale. It loves gathering relics of the past.
Does anybody know when the Nuzlocke Extravaganza begins? I don't even know where else to search, sorry

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
The extravaganza begins at the new year. You can find the threads for the 2020 extravaganza at the bottom of the pinned threads in the fan challenge run forums.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Mmhmm! all runs that are made before January 2022 will be eligible for the ganza :) there will be more announcements/etc when we get closer

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
I have my three titles for my planned Nuzlockes in X/Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire! They are as follows:

A Walk in Their Shoes (X/Y Genderlocke).

Plunderage (Omega Ruby Naturelocke/Sixlocke - credit goes to Spectacles and greenbeanbottle, respectively for the Nuzlocke rulesets).

Combat Medicine (Alpha Sapphire Doclocke - credit for the Nuzlocke ruleset goes to Spectacles).

Now to wait for Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl, and Pokemon Legends: Arceus to come out so that I can have even more Nuzlocke ideas.

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Somehow it didn't occur to me that Ganza is so close, but we really are almost at the end of this year already... Where did the time even go?

Users who are viewing this thread