• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Not one but two anonymous angels wanted to get the word out about a hidden gem of a comic, feraligatr's Dear Sergio. This Shield Nuzlocke follows Sergio and his best only friend Hop!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Friendship Café★

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Description
We're trying to upgrade the Friendship Café to ★★ tier, but we need your help to do it!

Faleep

Your local Non-binary ace Fox
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Normal, ???
Pokédex Entry
They’re a new discovery, and they seem to be a mixture of outgoing and shy. Loves things related to art and writing. Somehow writes on mobile
wow! since we're sharing our sleep schedules and none of you gremlins have your shit together, here! I go to bed at 10-11 every night and wake up at 6-7 every morning
How in the heck....?!

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Until the end of this semester hecked me up, I was doing that Platonic Ideal of Sleep schedule, too! In bed by 10, up at 6. Having work start at 7am is quite motivating, but also I just quite enjoy the mornings! When I start staying up late is generally a sign that I'm not in a great place and am struggling badly with stress and things.

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
yeah having morning classes/work is a big factor in that. Also I feel like I'm most productive in the morning, i like getting things done and having the rest of the day for myself
but yeah im with you on that kadew

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
brain says all day is me time
what works for y'all to make yourself do stuff? Executive dysfunctionals want to know this hot cosmo tip

Faleep

Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Normal, ???
Pokédex Entry
They’re a new discovery, and they seem to be a mixture of outgoing and shy. Loves things related to art and writing. Somehow writes on mobile
As a fellow Executive Dysfunctional, I find that if I play music (especially upbeat/active music) I find myself more driven to do things.
Also giving myself little rewards, a good example is what I do with my Nuzlocke. For every chapter I write, I get to post a chapter. It works decently, I find myself more motivated to write if the chapter that’s about to be posted is one I really like.
As for other things an example is my laundry. I’m horrible about doing it, but if/when I do it, I reward myself by sitting down and eating some ice cream while clothes are in the washer. Little incentives to make myself want to do the thing.
Plus routine; once I get myself into a pattern of doing a certain thing, I find myself drawn to doing it every week/day on habit. granted it’s hard to even get that one started but it’s worth it

Jimcloud

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/he/she
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
speaking personally, i have a variety of fixes i run through when I'm struggling to get to work on something.

-try brute forcing it, just by taking little steps to build up momentum. Need to do something that requires getting up? Make the task getting up, and then go from there. Need to write something? just bullshit a sentence that sucks but gets the ball rolling. Works for a lot of things.
-Social pressure. I try and tell other people I'm doing things, or do things that involve other people to get me into going with them. I respond well to that kind of thing so it helps a lot to get me going.
-Mood setting, whatever stuff gets you feeling like working. For me, getting something nice to eat or grabbing some caffeine helps, as does putting on certain songs (I'll usually have a song of the week that i put on to be like "yep it's time" as a kind of switch) or getting in a good physical location for work. Things like that help a lot for me.
-EDIT: OH YES REWARDS HELP ME A LOT TOO.... i'll often keep something from myself until after I finish to help motivate me. Works pretty well.

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.
My question here is how do people actually get to sleep at a reasonable time, I try and it just. Doesn't. Happen.

Never had an issue being up early even when I need to be up at the crack of dawn for work, but the actual "prolonged sleep" bit eludes me.

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
A bed, with wall-to-wall books and a papery carpet
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Constantly in search of the highest challenge, this person takes up the most impractical rulesets.
Prolonged sleep...it's more like constantly drowsy for me. Not a narcoleptic, just constantly high stress wearing me down from minute one.

• Cry
Reactions: Bug

SnakeWrangler

Sorceress's Knight
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Poison
I've been on a 6-7 AM wake up schedule for so long I find it hard to sleep in even on weekends and breaks

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Prolonged sleep...it's more like constantly drowsy for me. Not a narcoleptic, just constantly high stress wearing me down from minute one.
Sounds like you need a vacation and a care package

Alchemy

One of those casuals
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 17, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her & They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Cabbie Alfie is a more reliable trainer than this idiot.
Hoi, everyone! I don't know what to contribute to the current conversation right now, but I just want to say I like the comfy design a bunch so far and can only really express it with an image.

Just wanted to get that in before I head off to test how functional my taste buds still are with spicy food.

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Constantly in search of the highest challenge, this person takes up the most impractical rulesets.
Ooooh! What kind of spicy food?

Come to think of it, I haven't been on a vacation in years...

Alchemy

One of those casuals
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 17, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her & They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
There was buffalo ranch and chicken pizza on sale today. I thought I'd see if I am capable of tasting it since depression has dulled my sense of taste hella bad and I have been indulging in spicy food since the stuff in those foods at least registers with the buds. Also, there is nothing unusual with not being on an actual vacation years, that's surprisingly common iirc.

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
It is sad how common it is to not vacation regularly...

I want a buffalo chicken pizza, omg. I didn't know depression dulls your tastebuds, but... that makes a lot of sense, in hindsight.

Alchemy

One of those casuals
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 17, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her & They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
From my experience at least, it seems to dull your senses in general. At the very least, I know others who experienced it in some degree when I discussed it with them. I'm more bothered by my reaction timing suffering from it because it made me more bad at video games that require it like Monster Hunter and such. Rip, oof, and d'oh!

I wish I could teleport such a pizza to you. The one baking is thin crust even!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
I went and got a Monterey Jack Chicken taquito to subdue the craving

7-11 gas station food is way too good

Dustox

pfp thanks to Bug <3
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
Going back to the sleep topic, I just slept from 9ish PM and woke up at 7:00 AM. That's pretty gosh darn good especially for my sleep deprived self.

Also I hunger.

Alchemy

One of those casuals
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 17, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her & They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
I don't think any of nearby counties here has a 7-11 since all we have are more local chains with inconsistent degrees of quality. Shame the one that sold A+ tier donuts closed a year ago because that was the good shit.

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Never been to a 7-11, just generic convenience stores or Bucky's. The last one...was and still is a shock to me every time I walk in. It's a cross between a gas station and a gift shop, with slurpee machines. What.

And so the worst thing about depression for me is how dulled my senses are, and that damned eternal fog. **** my life.

At least I've tried Pulparindos!

Faleep

Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Normal, ???
Pokédex Entry
Speaking of vacations I’m currently on my vacation week from work!
It’s goibg to destroy my already bad sleep schedule XD but i am looking forwards to going to see a friend in St Louis, Missouri on Wednesday... it’s a five hour drive. But a fun one cause I get to play P!go at rest stops ^.^ that’s the best part of traveling, playing P!go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)