• Drumroll please... The results for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza are up! Congrats to all our participants and our winners this year for the 10th anniversary! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Johto Teen Other Adventure Mon FoRLoVE - A Soulsilver adventure

Thread Description
Last updated: 20 July 2020

Vixenkiba

Dr. Rockstar
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2020
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Any/all
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ground
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can be found in volcanic areas, using a combination of strong magnetic waves to float and heavy seismic tremors to attack.

[ FoRLoVE ]
Forge of Reality: the Legend of Vulcan and Eclipse

A Pokemon Soulsilver Nuzlocke comic

Hi, I'm Vixenkiba! FoRLoVE is my story based on my Pokemon Soulsilver Nuzlocke run, with some extra sprinkled-in ingredients of sci-fi technology, deities, yokai, geology, and a loooot of beautiful sceneries.

If you want to go sightseeing in Johto? You're at the right place. If you're here for adventure? Heckyes. Blood, sweat, and tears..? ...That too! Join the adventure in Johto!

THE RULES
  1. If a Pokemon faints in the game, it's considered dead. One exception to this rule is the starter Pokemon in the run, who gets an extra chance if necessary!
  2. Only the first encounter in an area may be caught. If the first encounter Pokemon faints, too bad! Gifted Pokemon may be accepted into the team, such as eggs. In the location where the egg hatches, no other Pokemon may be caught/received. A Pokemon may be received in a city, but only one. No raiding the Game Corner!
  3. Duplicates may be caught.
  4. All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
  5. Since the HGSS games have a Pokewalker accessory, my rule goes this run is NOT allowed to use this.
  6. An extra rule that I made up myself for this run: If a Pokemon's HP gets into the red zone, the damage is lasting (scars etc).

Ch. 1 Pg. 1
Ch. 1 Pg. 2

Extra Art

Last edited:

Nessi

Kanto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ghost
So I already said on deviantart how great the first Page was but I also really like the Scar extra Rule! Super cool and I always love when people already think of the story aspect while still playing the game

Vixenkiba

Dr. Rockstar
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2020
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Any/all
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ground
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can be found in volcanic areas, using a combination of strong magnetic waves to float and heavy seismic tremors to attack.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So yeah! Hi everyone! I finally got around to making a Nuzlocke comic thread here :D Only one page of my Nuzlocke comic has been uploaded so far, which can be viewed on DeviantArt with full commentary!

The comic is also on Tapas and LINE Webtoons, however I recommend DeviantArt for it contains way more art commentary xD Tapas and Webtoons limit the number of characters for commentary.

I'm still trying to get the hang of this forum and the way to embed images. I see some people have beautiful quality images in their posts, which you can click on to enlarge them... I can't seem to figure out how that works, and as a result the cover image is currently massive and seems to have quality loss :'D

I hope to finish the next two pages of Chapter 01 faster than this one, as they're waaay less background heavy!

Waweezer

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
wow!let's go johto is looking great!

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Oh! I already saw this on DA and I'm so hype that you're over here as well. I'm just like fuckin'

YOU WILL LOOK AT THIS, AND YOU WILL ADMIRE THIS, AND YOU WILL LOVE THIS!

JUST, LOOK GUYS. YOU WILL UNDERSTAND!

A-K-TheLittleFairy

Kanto League Champion
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Tired or inspired. Loves Cappuccino.
Wow you can't imagine how MUCH I already adore your comic??! Your style looks beyond gorgeous and I can't wait to see more of it! Good luck on your run!!

Tai-Wind

Don't call it a comeback
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Beautiful
i am extremely hooked on this already. i want to know more about this world and these characters and also ma'am why do you have a giant hammer in your ref sheet this is pokemon. needless to say i will be following with eyes peeled (and not just because everything looks gorgeous af)

Vixenkiba

Dr. Rockstar
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2020
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Any/all
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ground
Pokédex Entry
It took me a whoooole lot of months, but I finished the second page of my Nuzlocke!

I had to figure out a different, more efficient way of inking and colouring, because the quality of the first page just took me way too much time... Hope this is fine too xD

@Waweezer, @JellySquiddy, @A-K-TheLittleFairy, and @Riboo Thank you so much! I hope I won't disappoint and will be able to produce pages a bit faster from now on :D

@Nessi Yes, I also like people incorporating game-happenings into their comics! It makes for some interesting scenes, for sure!

@Tai-Wind Haha thanks! The giant hammer will be explained on the next page, so stay tuned ;D

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Man that is one HECK of a rock pick there in the refs, isn't it?

New page looks great, whatever efficient way you puzzled out is working fine.

Interesting to see the protag be more on the experienced end, of course the revoked licenses don't sound too good.

Only one type here doesn't cause weathering and erosion, the choice is geolobvious

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
*Runs to read*

Yeeee, I love the starter designs here, they're all so cool looking! Neat way of introducing them this way too, gives a sense of rivalry right off the bat.

Also agreed with the new way of doing things, cause as beautiful as the previous page was to look at, it really looked unsustainable in the long run unless you either did shorter pages or pulled back on some of the detail, honestly, I don't mind, working on Undertow has taught me some things in the way of both time management and creating a nice cushiony buffer

Waweezer

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
im gonna predict that totodile goes with silver as payback for not getting choosed

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
Wow I completely missed this being posted to the forums!
First off I love your use of color in the cover and 1st page, you seem to have a really good sense of harmony that keeps the detailed backgrounds from looking too busy. The shots showing the boat and the city are worth including even if they take forever to draw because i feel like they establish the world a lot stronger than going with something simple and generic. Just from looking at one panel I can tell there's a blend of historic japanese architecture combined with modern buildings, seasonal cues from the cherry blossom trees, the main modes of transportation and technology the city has, the general geologic features... I adore detail like this in a comic, it makes everything feel more tangible.
I'll be keeping up with this one, our protag seems to have a strong idea of what she wants already and experience. Excited to see more!
(also i totally understand the pain of pages taking fucking forever to make god)

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
"shoo shoo we're doing science here" made me lol

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Ohhh the new style is super nice! The color palette is very pleasant, and the bits of lighting and hatched shading do so much for the mood. ;v;
Love those varied angles for the conversation, and how it transitions to the Pokémon's scuffle. Totodile and Chikorita at their first appearance look like "Hello! We love to commit crimes! owo", and I appreciate that!

Annnd I love those massive, detailed illustrations you did for your Nuzlocke, you should post them here too because holy heck asjfdasl

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Oh, I can already see that this Totodile and Silver really are gonna be a birds of a feather case, won't they?

Really, just glad to hear you figured out a way to manage that comic workload in a way that works best for you - sure know that rendering turns into a mammoth task the moment detailed backgrounds enter the ring. The limited palette really works well for this scene and I gotta say? I enjoy you playing with angles a bit and showing what the mons are up to while the humans are talking science. Really adds something dynamic to a dialogue scene.

Vixenkiba

Dr. Rockstar
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2020
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Any/all
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ground
Pokédex Entry
I was encouraged to post several illustrations I made of my Nuzlocke here on the forums as well! I usually only post those on my DeviantArt and Twitter, but if people are interested in seeing them here as well, I’ll keep posting them!

In my headcannon, this illustration takes place in Johto’s Cherrygrove City, in reality this is based on Kyoto! I wanted to practice my backgrounds, so doing a lot of illustrations like this. You can always go to my DA/Twitter for more art, there’s another illustration there that I’m afraid of posting fullview here due to Eclipse sitting in an onsen bath xD

I’m working on the next update, hope to finish it next week! Also this is a good time for replies :D

@Krisantyne I posted one, thanks for encouraging :’D Also glad to hear you like the new colouring and inking style haha! Chances are the next update will look different still, I’m still trying to find what works xD

@0 Anonymous The geopun is much appreciated xD And yes, that massive hammer will make its appearance soon!

@Riboo Thanks, glad the starter designs are good ;D Regarding time management I have a lot to learn, but I just have to accept I’ll upload inconsistently haha! At least I’m dreading the next pages less with this simpler style, that’s what matters :’D

@Waweezer That’s a valid guess yes!

@mizar Thank you so much, such a nice comment! I’m really happy people notice all those details I put into the worldbuilding <3 I should really finish more pages soon, there’s so much I want to share about Eclipse but I don’t want to spoil the story xD And goodness, I follow Rainbow Tour on DA and am so impressed how you can keep up the awesome quality <3

@Kadew You bet there’s gonna be lots of science in this comic xD

@Dschubba Haha, perhaps they will be two birds of a feather, perhaps not :D Glad the perspective play and science talk works out, I’m a total perspective and science nerd so xD Thanks!

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Yoo these are fire, especially love your Dunsparce design, it's just an awesome take on it and I hope to see the lil guy in the run!

Fantastic scenery with what you've posted here! Probably will have another comment once I see the DA stuff too lol

Lanae

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Water
THIS IS GORGEOUS. The art is great and I love the way you draw pokemon. Fuzzy Cyndaquil is adorable! I'm really excited to see what the worldbuilding is going to look like. Sci-fi AND yokai? Sign me up!

Bramble

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 20, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
Steel, ???
It's been a while since I've kept up with the comics side of the forum but after looking at this, I prob should more often! The first update and especially those extra pictures are pure eye candy. I love your style- it's like a cross between Ghibli animation and Japanese wood cut paintings (that lovely "flat" kinda effect, don't know the technical term lol), which really works for Johto. The style change in the newer chapter makes sense though, and even with it being simpler you still have some really nice varied angles and composition that make it interesting to look at. Gorgeous use of colour too. The plot set-up and worldbuilding is solid, and a scientist protagonist who's also experienced with battling is a cool hook. Nice work so far!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)