• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

Comic Kanto Teen Mon Forgotten Fables

Thread Description
a runaway trainer tries to find her family

holdinglines

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 9, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/them
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fire
https://deviantart.com%2Friverplath%2Fart%2FForgotten-Fables-Cover-796590914
Aesop is on the run, desperately trying to reunite with her mother and escape the country together to live in peace. However, things quickly spiral out of control.

~~
:hello: RULES :hello:

- Catch the first pokemon in a new area. There will be no second chances if it flees or faints.
- Duplicate Rule
(where if a previously caught pokemon or a Pokemon in it's evolutionary line is the first in an area, then you get three chances for another. After that the above rule applies.)
- Nickname all caught pokemon.
- If a pokemon in the party faints, it is considered dead and will be permanently boxed.
- Whiting out is considered GAME OVER.
- Poke Centers, Marts, and healing items are allowed
- if you see a shiny, catch them.

~~

:flyaway: PAGES :flyaway:

~~

Last edited:

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Looks like it's off to a good start, although the first page is kind of blurry. I like your Mr. Mime design.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Ooooh new comic new comic! This is off to a promising start, I already like these characters and their interactions. Pantimi has a nice design too, a bit more mellow yet still keeps the terrifying clown vibe that mr mime must have. I agree with trollkitten, though: I went to read your page on deviantart and all the images seemed blurry and pixelated, as though they'd been scaled up from the resolution they were drawn at. Any idea what could've caused that? Your art looks darling though based on the cover and I'd love to see it in its full crisp glory on the pages.

holdinglines

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 9, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/them
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fire
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like it's off to a good start, although the first page is kind of blurry. I like your Mr. Mime design.
(...) all the images seemed blurry and pixelated, as though they'd been scaled up from the resolution they were drawn at. Any idea what could've caused that?
i did actually scale it up, because it already seemed kind of fuzzy at its original size but then reverted it back. at least i think i did.

i'm sorry for it not looking as good as it could, but i promise not to make the same mistake a second time thank you guys

DistortionLocke

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Anxious, sweet-toothed writer who hides amongst the papers. Only attacks when provoked.
Great beginning! Love how it gets cloudy in the last panel as Aesop returns home.

holdinglines

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 9, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/them
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fire
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
I'm a big sucker for how lively and colorful the art in this comic is! Each panel is bursting to the brim with personality and made the pages a joy to read. I love how much character our protagonist has (riding on a Tauros to catch up with a truck is hilarious and valid) and I love the Pokemon designs, especially the Mr. Mime!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)